petefeet's Seventh Adventure

petefeet

Hello kids and welcome to my seventh challenge!

A little about me... I'm 41, live in Nova Scotia (east coast), Canada, unattached (ended a 7 year relationship last fall) no kids (one cat), have WAY too many books and proud of it.

I'm a boiler and refrigeration operator by trade, though my dream is to have a "bricks & mortar" used bookstore. I currently, have a part-time one that I run out of my basement in my spare time and my whole inventory is science fiction & fantasy (my passion). Should be a link to my stores facebook page in my signature.

I'm also a Freemason and quite active in my lodge, which has helped offset my normal "hermit" habits and given me a new confidence in myself and abilities.

As well I'm an avid "Clash of Clans" player and the Nerd Fitness clan is always looking for new members no matter your level.

Main Quest:

In August 2013 I weighted 267 lbs and my doctor said I had to shut up about my sore knees or die (great guy, bedside manner of a doorknob).

So, I started trying to get healthy and since I'm a type "A" person I use www.loseit.com as my food log and calorie counter. I hit my goal weight of 180 lbs but lost steam/motivation last challenge and am back up to 185 lbs 

So my main quest is to continue my healthy lifestyle and improve my fitness level and get back down to 180 lbs

To do that...

Side Quests:

1. Keep my daily food log and weigh-ins with my loseit.com account.

2. Do at least 3 Cardio workouts a week (min 20 minutes), even if its just walking around my sub-division or playing on recumbent bike. Finding this hard to do during the cold winter months.

3. Do the following BBWW during the week.

75      Push-ups

100      Squats

100      Leg Lunges

150      Dumbbell Rows

5 x 25 sec      Planks

150      Jumping Jacks

Life Quest:

My long term life quest is to finish my basement (couple current pic's in my gallery) and turn it into a bookshop/rec-room.

To help keep me sane (ish), I also like to write. So I will be continuing the adventure of petefeet as he explores the world around him. I try and take parts from my real life and weave them into a story.

So far.... (Check 1st,  2nd, 3rd, 4th , 5th and 6th Adventure's for written story)

Petefeet is a halfling who was kidnapped by raider's as a small child and taken to a large human city and sold as a slave to the people running the cities gladiator arena. For much of his young life he was used as a servant, used to fetch and carry for the Masters and the gladiators.

After many years of this, petefeet starts to realize that he wants more out of life and starts to secretly steal better food meant for the Master's and starts trying to copy the exercises done by the gladiators.

Just when the Master's start to realize that something is changing with their normally meek and cowardly Halfling slave, an outside (Maybe the "Lady in Flames"?) force intervenes. How and when it happens is still a blur to petefeet, but one day he finds himself waking up in the middle of a crater out in the middle of the wilderness wearing nothing but his slave robes, which are now tattered and singed.

Found by a young human girl named Jan and her Grandfather, petefeet had his burned skin tended, feed and dressed in old work clothes. In an effort to repay them for their kindness, petefeet offered to rid them of an giant rat that had taken up residence in their work hut. With nothing to protect his hands, our little Halfling wrapped the burned and tattered remains of his slave robes around his hands (like boxing mitts) and went into battle. It was during the battle with the giant rat that petefeet realized that the old robes held some magic (or was the focus for an innate ability or a gift from "Lady in Flames"?), for when he became scared, tiny sparks formed on the old robes covering his hands and when he punched the giant rat burns were also left upon the beast though petefeet received no damage. The more is was able to control his fear, the better he was able to hurt the beast.

Since that day, petefeet has wandered the land, helping out where he came, getting into the odd bit of trouble and making new friends. He isn't quite sure where he is going, though is sure he will know it when he finds it. 

Currently petefeet is holed up in an abandoned manor house for the winter months as he tries to deal with emotional issues and be happy on his own, leaving the larger world for another day.

The never ending winter has worn petefeet's nerves pretty thin, but it appears that spring might finally been at hand and that brings a sense of renewed energy to the halfling.

Characters within the story

petefeet = Me

Giant Brown Bear = My friend Hal who I only get to see a couple times a year

"Lady in Flames" (figure in petefeet's dreams) = Friend who I realize I'm falling in love with, and the knife edge I'm walking wanting to be more without losing what I have with her.

Black Dog (figure in petefeet's dreams) = Depression & that insidious emotion called "Hope"

Mickey the Cat (Mysterious Wizards Familiar?) = My cat named Mickey!

• Like 6

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

along for the journey

subbed

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Petefeet couldn't believe, it's just not possible! When he pushes back the piece of bark that serves as a door on his lean-too a fresh layer of ice and snow cover the ground. In frustration of this never ending winter, the halfling kicks out at a mound of snow, slipping and almost falling down.

Taking several deep breaths to calm himself, the halfling goes about building up his fire to fight against the bitter cold and tries to find something for breakfast. His larder contains little more than a couple nut meal cakes and some smoke carp from the pond. His stomach rumbling, petefeet gathers up his sling and bag of stones and heads out to hunt for pheasant for even the once abundant rabbits are getting hard to find.

No more than a half mile from the abandoned manor house petefeet starts to think his luck is changing, for hiding under a nearby bush lays the fattest pheasant he has seen all winter. Careful in his movements, the halfling slides back, stands slowly and places a round stone in his sling. Just about to begin his throw, the pheasant bursts out of the bush and his quickly lost in the undergrowth.

The blood is pounding in his ears so loudly, that petefeet almost misses the sound that spooked the bird. Keeping his sling loaded, the halfling creeps forward and peering around a massive tree see a terrible sight, a party of monsters headed his way.

to be continued...

Sorry kids, will finish tomorrow hopefully during the day, I'm just too tired right now and there is a quite bit more coming.

Main Quest: Weighted in at 186 lbs this morning, "some" of that was Easter dinner splurge.

Side Quests:

1. Food log and weigh-in done, stayed below calorie budget today.

2. 1 of 3 Cardio done, spent 25 minutes on Recumbent Bike when I got home tonight.

3. Body Weight exercises:

15 of  75         Push-ups (Seems I'm been doing them wrong, my arms are ahead of my shoulders too much)

10 of  100      Squats

10 of  100      Leg Lunges

0 of  150      Dumbbell Rows

1  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks

30 of  150      Jumping Jacks

Life Quest: Nothing so far this week

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

You doing a challenge this go around? I have a devil of a time finding you! <g>

I do have another couple of days before the challenge starts, right? :D 

Thread will be up once I figure out what I want to (have to) do, probably weekend-ish or so.

In the meantime I'll see who else is already up and running and follow the early birds. :)

• Like 2

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

I do have another couple of days before the challenge starts, right? :D

Yeah, doesn't start til the 13th, but I'm starting early to keep my motivation up.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

There were seven of them, a fat Orc, a pair of goblins and four kobolds out in front.

They wore mismatched armour, and carried old and abused weapons and shields, but they were still too much for petefeet to take on even if he could summon the fire magic contained in his hand wraps.

“I’ll just hide out and let them pass†the Halfling says to himself just as one of the kobolds raises its pointed nose into the air and starts sniffing.

“Doesn’t seem to have me scent, luckily I’m down wind, but what’s off in that direction?†petefeet wonders as he watching the creatures.

“Oh crap! My fire, they must smell the wood smoke.†The Halfling briefly ponders letting the monsters find his lean-too and suffer the consequences of the damage they would cause, when it strikes him. “Mickey! They would kill him if they found him and I couldn’t forgive myself if that happened.â€

Heedless of the danger, petefeet hurries back to the manor house ahead of the monster pack desperately trying to come up with a plan.

Exhausted from his run, but with no time to rest, petefeet rushes back to his lean-too but Mickey the cat is nowhere to be found. “So much for grabbing him and hiding out in the woods, time for plan B.â€

Hurrying over to the animal cells attached to the manor house outer wall that he found a couple weeks away, petefeet bypasses the room with the stuck door and goes right to the locked cell that holds the skeletal remains of a large cat. Using a stick and cursing himself to hurry, he is finally able to drag the large skull equipped with saber-like fangs to the rusted cell bars and wedge it out.

Rushing back to his lean-too petefeet is just able to get behind the collapsed stone walls before the first kobold pokes its head out of the woods. Using a scrap piece of rabbit hide, the Halfling ties the skull to the top of his head, throws on his homemade rabbit skin cloak and grabs two flaming brands from his fire pit.

“This is never going to work, I should just run and let Mickey take care of himself.â€

Tucking the top edges of his cloak around his head so only the skull is showing, petefeet takes a flaming brand in each hand and steps up onto the wall in front of the approaching monsters.

Whether it was good luck or good management, the party of monsters are about 40 feet away when petefeet makes his “entrance†atop the wall.

“Who dares invade the home of the Cat God Mickey?â€

The monsters freeze in their tracks as a Cat-lich creature wielding fire jumps atop of the ruin they were able to investigate. The fur on the lich is tattered and coarse, its head is bare of flesh though its empty eye sockets follow the group and it wields wands of burning.

None of the group can understand the monsters words, and they look to each other for encouragement, should they attack or flee?

“This is your final warning, leave my lands or my minions will rip the flesh from your bones!â€

Just as petefeet says these final words, a massive RAWR!!! Bellows out from behind him, almost scaring the Halfling off the stone wall. This mysterious roar seems to be the deciding factor for the monsters, for they turn and flee back into the forest.

“I can’t believe that worked†petefeet says as he pulls down his cloak and turns around searching for the source of the roar that saved him, only to find Mickey sitting in the sun watching him, the cats tail flicking lazily.

“Maybe there was an echo?â€

Hey kids,

Sorry for the delay, many things on my plate and after working a 12 hour shift plus travel, my day gets pretty long sometimes.

Yesterday was Easter Monday and I normally would have been solo at my work but unknown to me an asbestos remediation company was called in to remove some asbestos off some piping here in the heating plant. These guys looked really “sketchy†like extras from a biker movie that I had to watch since they weren’t security cleared. A really odd day, felt much more comfortable when they left.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Hyped up on nervous energy after the run in with the monster party, petefeet does some of the exercises he remembers from his time as a slave in the gladiator arena, while questions swirl around in his head.

"How did Mickey make that noise? He's no ordinary cat that's for sure."

"What were the monsters doing here? Were they a roving band, or is there a base nearby?"

"What if they come back? Should I leave this place and strike out again?"

With his heart not really in his exercises, the halfling quits before completing many of them and spends the rest of the day around the old manor house a club never far from his hands.

Finally his nerves are able to take no more, and the halfling falls into a deep sleep.

Petefeet dreams...

Finding himself deep in a forest, petefeet is at first disappointed that the "Lady in Flames" is nowhere near as she has been recently. Pushing aside his discouragement, he starts walking through the forest skirting the piles of snow all the while looking for the telltale glow of her light.

A short time later just as petefeet catches a flicker of flame dancing between the trees, a bone chilling howl echos through the woods behind him causing the hairs on the back of his neck to stand on end and his heart skip a beat.

It has been so long since the Black Hound has been in his dreams that petefeet had though himself rid of it, but clearly he was wrong. Without a second thought he rushes off towards where he last saw the flickering flames just as a second and closer howl resounds on the cold night air.

Nearing the end of his strength, petefeet is cold and wet from the snow, his clothes torn from the nearly invisible branches that seem to jump in front of him as he runs, but finally a steady glow of fire appears ahead. With some inner reserve of energy awakening with the halfling, petefeet pushes ahead and bursts into a clearing just as the Black Hound lunges at him.

Laying in a heap within the clearing, petefeet gets his first good look at the black hound in a long time. Black ragged hair stands like spikes along the beast back, it's cut and torn ears are laid back as the creature stands just outside the clearing growling down at the halfling. What strikes he most though, where the hounds eyes used to be a glowing red, tonight they are a nauseous green colour.

With a last growl at the halfling, the hound melts back into the darkness of the forest, it's at this point that petefeet realizes that he is no longer cold and a familiar warmth caress his body. Looking up, petefeet looks into the smiling visage of the "Lady in Flames" and tears fall freely down his face.

Hey kids,

This is actually yesterday's post but I was too tired last night to write it out, I just needed to chill with a glass of wine and some Supernatural re-runs.

As some of you now, Tuesdays are the normal day I visit "LiF" at her work since she works late that night and I can usually get some time alone with her.

When I came in I got a weird "vibe" off her, but it's hard to tell if it's anything since my normally accurate radar screws up when "my" emotions are involved.

Anyways we chatted for a minute and she handed me her critique of a short story I asked her to proofread last week. She didn't really like it, and tried not offend me with her critique which I appreciated. I didn't really care for it myself. I gave myself a stupid goal of a 1st person story told from two points of view in under 1000 words, really think I bit off more than I could chew. Oh well.

After that I went to the stacks to look at books when I heard another customer come in, who "LiF" welcomed by name and they started up a friendly conversation. I'll be honest the green eyed monster fought within my breast for a couple minutes. I can count on one hand the number of times she has used my name (something I ache to hear), this customer (male) was about her age and clearly they had some kind of history.

I admit it, I drifted closer to hear while staying out of sight in the rows of books and almost collapsed in relief when this guy mentioned something about his girlfriend. After that I drifted away feeling like a heel since I have no claim on "LiF", nor is she a woman to be possessed, she is her own person.

A bit later I went up to the counter with my books and the three of us got into a conversation about D&D, Magic the Gathering etc.. at one point "LiF" even left to finish up a job and the guy and I chatted on our own for a while.

After he left, "LiF" and I chatted alone so more, I invited her over for supper next friday, she said no to supper but will come over for a visit. She's on a very strict diet (painful heart beat issue), low carb, no diary and she's a vegetarian and she says it stresses her out having to tell/explain what she can/can't have. I was a bit disappointed in this, since I love to cook, but I might try again to see what I could make for her at another time.

Just as I was leaving "LiF" asked if I wanted to go to a book sale in the city next month. It's a twice yearly thing that's held and we went last fall. I know "some" of the reason she asked me is because she hates to drive in the city, but I'll take whatever time alone with her I can get.

WOW... did I ever spill my guts there! Sorry if it was TMI.

Might do another post for today late tonight after I get home from lodge.

Main Quest: Weighted in at 183 lbs this morning.

Side Quests:

1. Food log and weigh-in done. Going to a tricky one tonight, it's lodge night and we always have refreshments after and eating late ALWAYS trips me up.

2. 1 of 3 Cardio done.

30 of  75         Push-ups

20 of  100      Squats

30 of  100      Leg Lunges

0 of  150      Dumbbell Rows

1  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks

30 of  150      Jumping Jacks

Life Quest: Nothing so far this week.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Dayum! It's like you never took a challenge break!

That's great about LiF asking you to go to the book sale. Is this city you speak of the city of Halifax? Because if so, driving there is indeed scary. Or maybe it was just my luck to drive there for the first time ever when it was dark, raining, rush hour, and I had to get across the bridge lol.

...Drop hints that she should go to HalCon too? XD

Also, sub'd.

• Like 3

Dayum! It's like you never took a challenge break!   I've learned the hard way that taking a break is like a splurge, it takes a lot of time to recover.

That's great about LiF asking you to go to the book sale. Is this city you speak of the city of Halifax? Because if so, driving there is indeed scary. Or maybe it was just my luck to drive there for the first time ever when it was dark, raining, rush hour, and I had to get across the bridge lol.  Yeah Halifax, I hate driving in it even though it's a small city but I'm just a simple country boy <g>

...Drop hints that she should go to HalCon too? XD  She mentioned it a couple times last year, but she hates crowds. I was still in a weird head space after my break-up and might not have clued in IF there were any hints there. Saying that, she's a HUGE Mark Shepard fan so I got her an Autographed picture last year at Hal-con. I'm also thinking about buying 2 warp speed passes this year (on the QT) in case "something" happens between now and October, and if nothing does, I know I'll have no problem reselling it.

Also, sub'd. Right back at you kiddo.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Disturbed by his dream of the Black Hound with the green eyes and appearance of the "Lady in Flames", petefeet spends much of his day in quiet reflection while out walking around the abandoned manor house.

On his way back, the halfling passes to Manors old carp pond which is now mostly free of ice and discovers a pair of geese have taken up residence. The halfling stands there for some time watching the pair swim back and forth together making lazy circles around the pond and finds a part of himself envious.

Once back at his lean-too, petefeet shakes out the cobwebs that have been gathering in his head goes and about doing some exercises. While he has seen no evidence of any more monsters in the area, he needs to be as fit as possible in case the need arises. To that end, our little halfling starts lifting and stacking fallen stones in an effort to strengthen the walls in his tiny cover of the ruins.

Hey kids,

Nothing too special going on in my world, in the middle of my first of three solo 12 hour night shifts.

My neighbours finally made it home (geese) from a winter spent in Florida. I watch their place and water their flowers for them while they are gone for 5 months of the years. They are a nice old couple.

Main Quest: Weighted in at 183 lbs this morning. A hold is better than a gain.

Side Quests:

1. Food log and weigh-in done. Went over budget by about 900 calories. This usually happens on my first night shift, was up at 10am yesterday, won't get to bed until 8am this morning. Most of the extra calories were trail mix, not too bad for me. 

Since my current homemade "dumbbell" is just too light (13lbs) I made one tonight (moving stones to fix walls) at work from materials I "borrowed". Not sure how much it weights, pretty damn heavy honestly, will weigh it at home, it might need some modifications when I come back in tonight.

Homemade Weight 2

Homemade Weight 1

2. 3 of 3 Cardio done. DONE (A walk around subdivision and 20 minutes on recumbent bike)

65 of  75         Push-ups

30 of  100      Squats

50 of  100      Leg Lunges

50 of  150      Dumbbell Rows

3  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks

100 of  150      Jumping Jacks

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Now while I normally don't do selfie's, I felt pretty good about myself the other night when I put on my Grandfather old Tuxedo so I just had to take a pic. I wish he had lived long enough to see me now, I would like to think he would be proud.

Me in a Tux

• Like 7

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

The next day petefeet wakes up tired and sore, a sharp pain courses through his neck and down his right arm.

"Trying to do too much too fast, fool that you are." the halfling mutters to himself as he prepares a cup of willow bark tea to help with the pain.

After the pain starts to recede, petefeet survey's his efforts at upgrading his defensive works and sees some places that can be improved. Mindful of the lessons learned yesterday, the halfling is more careful in the stones he moves, choosing smaller ones when he can and using a pry on the bigger ones.

At the end of the day, he's happy with what he got done, though realizes his improvements won't stop an determined attack.

Tired and still sore, petefeet leave the worry for another day and tries to rest.

Hey kids,

Crap sleep today, Mickey kept on hopping up and down on the bed, he always does this after my first night shift, hope today will be better.

The homemade weight I made last night was 35 lbs and when I tried to use it this afternoon I pulled something in my neck. It's too heavy and I jerked my motion doing dumbbell rows, so it got a rework tonight.

Homemade Lunge weights

Top pic is last nights effort reworked into two lunge weights at 15 lbs (ish), probably more useful now.

Homemade dumbell

Bottom pic used the last of my "bit's & piece's" to make a more traditional Barbell, not sure it's weight, guessing 20-25 lbs. Feels more comfortable to use doing my rows, but only did a couple, my neck still stiff.

Main Quest: Weighted in at 184 lbs this morning.

Side Quests:

1. Food log and weigh-in done. Went over budget by about 900 calories again tonight at work, snacked on trail mix and before I knew it I ate a cup and a half of the stuff, doesn't take long for the calories in it to pile up. Threw the rest of it out, portion control is still an issue. Only good thing is that I didn't buy more when I was at Wal-Mart before work, though I did pick it up and carry it around for a while <g>.

2. 3 of 3 Cardio done. DONE

75 of  75         Push-ups  DONE

50 of  100      Squats

50 of  100      Leg Lunges

50 of  150      Dumbbell Rows

3  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks

100 of  150      Jumping Jacks

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Hey kids,

Nothing worth a story happened today, got a good sleep, did a load of laundry, had a bite to eat and came to work.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Main Quest: Weighted in at 184 lbs again this morning.

Side Quests:

1. Food log and weigh-in done. Stayed within my budget of 1800 calories.

2. 3 of 3 Cardio done. DONE

100 of  75         Push-ups  DONE

70 of  100      Squats

70 of  100      Leg Lunges

90 of  150      Dumbbell Rows

4  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks

140 of  150      Jumping Jacks

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Liking the story of petefeet the hobbit! I like that you're writing you life into it as well :) 

You're doing pretty well considering night shift and all; I struggle to portion control while at work too; so many things to just walk past and nibble on as I'm working! 

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

subbed because I can't resist a good story :) wonderful photo :D

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

"Lady in Flames" (figure in petefeet's dreams) = Friend who I realize I'm falling in love with, and the knife edge I'm walking wanting to be more without losing what I have with her.

tumblr_m1wd99avxu1qan7ako3_r1_500.gif
tumblr_inline_mr2ufcm5iQ1qz4rgp.gif
finn_reciting_a_poem_for_flame_princess_

--

19fwzw476fytpjpg.jpg

You and I.... we're such fools in love.

• Like 5

With his area within the ruins of the abandoned manor house as secure as he can make it in the short term, petefeet decides to range farther afield it see if there is any sight of the monster pack.

With the spring sun high in the sky and the snow banks melting as he watches, petefeet skirts the many wet and muddy places and makes a large loop around the nearby area.

His fears appear to be unfounded, several times the halfling notices robins running along beside him searching the ground for bugs and worms, and even a vixen with a single kit can be briefly seen as they dart through the forest. Surely, if the monsters were still int he area, the land won't be so peaceful.

Hey kids,

Got a couple hours sleep this morning when I got home, not too much or I'll never get to bed tonight.

Nice and warm out so I went for a long walk around my subdivision and had robins flanking me for most of it. The best part was a young mother (vixen) pushing her child's stroller also out for a walk. Thank you Yoga Pants!! (I know, I'm going to hell).

Did a bit of Body weight stuff when I got home, but just too tired and knees aching to do anymore.

Have a great challenge everyone and thank you for following!

Main Quest: Weighted in at 184 lbs again this morning.

Side Quests:

1. Food log and weigh-in done. Within Calorie budget 4 of 7 days this past week, need to be more mindful.

2. 4 of 3 Cardio done. DONE (50 minutes walking this afternoon after I woke up)

100 of  75         Push-ups  DONE

70 of  100      Squats

70 of  100      Leg Lunges

170 of  150      Dumbbell Rows  DONE (Using my "new" 25lb homemade barbell)

5  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks   DONE

160 of  150      Jumping Jacks  DONE

• Like 7

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild