petefeet's Seventh Adventure

petefeet

Nice and warm out so I went for a long walk around my subdivision and had robins flanking me for most of it. The best part was a young mother (vixen) pushing her child's stroller also out for a walk. Thank you Yoga Pants!! (I know, I'm going to hell).

As a GL, I'm supposed to be very PG.

38-yoga_pants.gif

Which is why I PMed you the other gif.

• Like 4

I, too, own too many books.  Although, I would also argue that there is no such thing as too many books ......

2b6d25b944179927c701a1e55562c71e.jpg

• Like 5

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Coming soon .....

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

A bright, warm day greets petefeet as he leaves his lean-too within the grounds of the abandoned manor house. It is so nice that the halfing feels a bit guilty for all the chores that he has set himself and not done.

To offset this, petefeet decides to tackle his leaky roof. He has put some of the massive sheets of bark upon it months ago, but the effort is far from over. Sadly most of his sheets of bark are still frozen into the ground, but a small few are freed and with much grunting and groaning, the halfing is able to get them onto his roof.

While it's just a drop in the bucket, never the less the halfling feels good about his days, though Mickey the Cat has to flee the lean-too due to all the dust and dirt which is shaken loose.

Hey kids,

Realized that with some of the scrap pieces of drywall I have I could be used around bulkheads etc... Turns out I had more than I thought, better part of three sheets hiding behind a bookcase.

So for most of the day I puttered at that and did a general sweep up of the work zone, but the drywall dust was so bad, Mickey and I had to flee upstairs for a while and relax <g>.

Eager now (more so) for the snow to melt so I can get another 25-30 sheets of drywall in my basement to finish it off.

Around this, I found some tie to get some Body Weight exercises done.

Main Quest: Weighted in at 185 lbs this morning for the start of the challenge.

Side Quests:

1. Food log and weigh-in done.

2. 0 of 3 Cardio done.

3. Body Weight exercises:

10 of  75         Push-ups 

20 of  100      Squats

0 of  100      Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)

40 of  150      Dumbbell Rows  (combined total of both arms with new 25 weight)

1  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks  

30 of  150      Jumping Jacks

Life Quest: Using scrap pieces of drywall on small bulkhead and other areas as well as a general clean-up of the work space, was getting quite bad.

• Like 8

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Ahhh, how good does it feel to clear out that peripheral clutter? You know, the stuff you stop seeing but know is there. xD

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

sounds like a pretty efficient day.

as always, i love the story ties to life

• Like 2

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Petefeet wakes up to a puddle forming under his mattress of evergreen boughs and looks up to see several tiny rivets of water running along the seams of his bark roof before dripping.

Cursing his luck, the halfling spends the whole morning on his roof trying to scab on pieces of bark to keep the water from dripping inside. With a sore back, petefeet stands up, tries to stretch out his cramped muscles, just as the cloud cover breaks and the sun pokes through.

Wet and grumpy the halfling decides to go for a walk in the sun in the hopes to straighten out his back and allow the heat of the sun to dry him off.

When he come back from his walk the halfling is in a better frame of mind, have a small supper and goes to his now dry bed early.

Petefeet dreams...

With only few minutes search the halfling is able to find the "Lady in Flame", she's in the middle of a forest, her light casting flickering shadows against the tree trunks.

Coming up behind her, petefeet sees that her head is bowed as if in deep thought and when he tries to circle around in front of her finds that no matter which way he goes, her back is always towards him. Uncertain what this means, the halfling sits down and tries to be content to be just in her presence.

Hey kids,

Rained this morning so I spent the morning doing the last that I could drywall wise until I can get home material home. Sun came out in afternoon so I went for a walk around my subdivision.

Being Tuesday I visited "LiF" at her work. Her mask was up for the first while (which is normal), but once we were alone we had a nice chat about common interests etc... Only "sour" note that for the first time in weeks she brought up her ex making me wonder if something is happening/happened in that department. I was going to ask, but I didn't want to piss her off in case she cancelled the friday visit. I might bring it up friday when she's over, not fair to ask her stuff like this at her work, backing her into a corner.

Freaking emotions!

Main Quest: Weighted in at 185 lbs this morning.

Side Quests:

2. 1 of 3 Cardio done. Walked around subdivision before supper.

20 of  75         Push-ups 

40 of  100      Squats

0 of  100      Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)

2  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks  

30 of  150      Jumping Jacks

Life Quest: Using scrap pieces of drywall on small bulkhead and other areas, did as much as I can do until I can access my outside entrance again.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Freaking emotions!

i know what you mean man

giphy.gif

• Like 4

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

No story tonight kids, just too tired and need to go to bed, might write up something when I get up.

Main Quest: Weighted in at 185 lbs this morning.

Side Quests:

2. 2 of 3 Cardio done. 50 minutes on Recumbent Bike when I got home to offset a freaking "Teen Burger" I had at lunch! First fast food I've had in probably 2 years? and I didn't even buy it. But crap it tasted good <g>.

35 of  75         Push-ups 

40 of  100      Squats

40 of  100      Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)

2  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks  

70 of  150      Jumping Jacks

Life Quest: Only Monday & Tuesday's effort.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

I'm with you on the too tired. Just wiped and now my brain doesn't want to work.

• Like 1

Lv 1 Wood Elf, 

A New Beginning C1:  A Rough Start, b=But Still a Start

Lv 7 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 15 | DEX: 8 | STA: 12 | CON: 11 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 12

The day is bright and sunny and the breeze blowing through the trees is warm and fresh.

Feeling good about himself, petefeet hops up onto one of the collapsed walls of the abandoned manor house and relaxes in the sun. Before long, the halfling feels a familiar arm bump and looks down to see Mickey the Cat looking to get his ears rubbed. Leaning in to rub his ears, Mickey pulls back, sniffs the halflings rabbit skin cloaks and clothes, sneezes and hops down.

Giving himself a sniff, petefeet realizes that he and his clothing are more than a little bit gamey from sweat, wood smoke and dirt from a winter spent in the lean-too.

With his options limited, the halfling decides to be brave and does his best to wash his clothes and himself in the icy runoff coming from the goldfish pond. Cold, teeth chattering, and various bits of the halfling turning blue, petefeet decides to march around in the sun the best he can to warm himself up as his clothes dry.

Hey kids,

The above is really yesterday's post but was too tired to think straight last night. Beautiful day yesterday, so my boss decided I should wash and clean the heating plant vehicles. While it was nice if you stayed out of the wind, once I dug a hose out and started spraying water, I was soon cold and damp. Oh well, doing manual labour while making tradesman wages never hurts. 

I was still feeling a bit chilled when I got home so spent 50 minutes on my recumbent bike watching an episode of "Supernatural", before my shower.

Will post today's "adventure" sometime tonight.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Pete, can you give a brief physical description of Petefeet? I would like to do a fanart.

- Typical halfling/hobbit size and build I guess, though carrying around some loose skin

- Shaved head, habit since his time as a slave.

- Blue eyes, no odd tattoo's or scars.

- Wears a tatters/homemade rabbit skin cloak over light brown robes and leather belt.

- Has hands wrapped in the tattered/burned remains of his slave robes (Magical ? wraps that cause fire damage)

All said, petefeet looks a lot like a Monk with his bare feet, robes and hand wraps.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Pete, can you give a brief physical description of Petefeet? I would like to do a fanart.

- Typical halfling/hobbit size and build I guess, though carrying around some loose skin

- Shaved head, habit since his time as a slave.

- Blue eyes, no odd tattoo's or scars.

- Wears a tatters/homemade rabbit skin cloak over light brown robes and leather belt.

- Has hands wrapped in the tattered/burned remains of his slave robes (Magical ? wraps that cause fire damage)

All said, petefeet looks a lot like a Monk with his bare feet, robes and hand wraps.

Oh, I want to see this now. I love seeing artwork and how it differs or is similar to how I interpret them. I've yet to see someone draw Drizzt the way I imagine him
  • Like 7

Thanks. Oh, um, what would be a normal pose/attitude for him to have? (I have some ideas from your story, but I'd like to hear what you have to say about it.)

Well now you got me there...

A blind man could see that petefeet is modeled after myself so I can only comment on that.

I work not to slouch when walking, though this has been better since I've lost weight. I think i did it as a way to "hide" my big belly.

Everyone tells me to smile because they think I'm grumpy, when in fact I would say I'm more "stone faced". It's a mask I wear when I'm spending time within my head, if that makes any sense to you.

Other than that, I guess I'm not much help, so I'll leave it to you <g>.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Feeling much better after cleaning himself and his wardrobe, petefeet looks around his lean-too and shakes his head. While he's done several clean-ups over the winter, they have only touched the surface of the mess and today he's going to do something about it.

Throwing open is door to air out his shelter, the halfling drags out all the dried out evergreen branches that serve as his mattress, gathered up his few possessions and hung them from rafters. Using a piece of rawhide petefeet ties together several willow branches and makes a broom which the halfling uses to swept the floor of his lean-too until he finds the old flagstone floor of the manor house.

Taking a break outside to clear his lungs from the dust created by his cleaning, the halfling mentally pats himself on the back for a job well done and looks to Mickey for encouragement only to find the cat asleep in the sun. The fact that the only soul in his life is a cat causes a profound sense of loneliness to wash through the halfling. In an effort to shake this feeling, petefeet heads out for a walk to clear his head.

Emotionally and physically tired from his day, petefeet has little problem falling asleep that night.

Petefeet dreams...

Petefeet finds himself in his new home, the grounds of the abandoned manor house. While the collapsed walls, free standing doorways, and courtyard all seem familiar to the halfling, the faint light from a clouded nights sky projects an air of danger and menace upon the landscape. The ruins no longer seems like a place of safety to the halfling more like a foreign land and he isn't welcome.

Just as these thoughts come to the halfling, the howl of the Hound echo through the ruins coming at petefeet from several directions at once as they bounce off the stones. Petefeet breaks out in a cold sweat and a lump of ice settles in his belly, as he turns to flee. Making his best guess, the halfling races off through the ruins of the manor house but the dark and shadowed pathways seem to twist and turn in unfamiliar directions and loose stones cause him to trip and stumble.

The cry of the Hound is closer now and swift shadows dart along side the halfling as he races along, his eyes seeking the protective glow of the "Lady in Flames", but all he finds are darken hallways. Nearing the end of his strength, petefeet finds himself at "his" corner of the manor house grounds with his tiny lean-too set against a still standing wall.

The sound of claws on stone chase the halfling as he pulls open his bark door and rushes inside to find his lean-too empty, the fire out and the air freezing. His room plunges into darkness as the Hound blocks the entrance of his lean-too, the only light now coming from the creatures  glowing red eyes.

Hey kids,

Spent all morning frantically cleaning my house getting ready of "LiF's" visit, Mickey was underfoot most of the time until I dragged out the vacuum, then he left me alone.

"LiF" texted after lunch says that she wasn't going to make it, would visit another day. She was feeling ill and going home early from work. I wished her well, told her to enjoy her weekend and if she needed me for anything to reach out. She said she would (though we both know she won't).

I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed or worse. Occasions like this prove the existence of a Creator to me, whenever I plan something and get my hopes up, something happens that I have no control over.

I admit the scared, weak willed, thin skinned male ego part of me wanted to drive by her work to see if it was true. I hate how my self doubt eats away at me sometimes. Instead I went over to my folks and had a coffee, they knew something was up, but I'm not in the habit of talking about personal stuff (in real life) with anybody.

When I got home, I was still depressed so I went for a walk around my subdivision even though it was cold and windy (fit my mood). When I got back, I told myself to grow the fuck up, stop assuming the worst and/or making problems that aren't there in the first place, made myself a tasty supper, pedaled on my recumbent bike for 25 minutes, did some Body Weight stuff.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to have a glass of wine and watch some TV. Have a good weekend everybody.

Main Quest: Weighted in at 183 lbs this morning.

Side Quests:

2. 4 of 3 Cardio done. Walk around subdivision before supper, 25 minutes on recumbent after. DONE

60 of  75         Push-ups 

60 of  100      Squats

40 of  100      Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)

120 of  150      Dumbbell Rows  (combined total of both arms with new 25 weight)

4  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks  

100 of  150      Jumping Jacks

Life Quest: Only Monday & Tuesday's effort.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Oh man! That sucks. I've heard about a lot of people sick today.  I hope whatever it is stays far away from me (and you).  Blah!

Enjoy your wine. Take it easy. Tomorrow is another day.

• Like 2

Quest 1, Quest 2, Quest 3, Quest 4, Quest 5, Quest 6, Quest 7, Quest 8Quest 9, Quest 10, Quest 11, Quest 12 Current Quest

If diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. If diet is correct, medicine is of no need.- Ancient Ayurvedic Proverb

Aw, man. Sorry LiF cancelled on you. She most likely was being totally honest and didn't feel well! We all have that stupid, jealous, self-centered part of ourselves that gets offended when things like this happen, but you seem to be handling that side of yourself really well. To me, that's the mark of a true freemason: someone who is self-controlled and moral, even when tested. (Wish some of the brothers at my husband's lodge were more like you, but I digress.)

If nothing else, at least you got your place nicely spring cleaned. :)

• Like 6

That really sucks man. Disappointment is one of the worst things in the world, imo. It always knocks me flat, so I have a nasty habit of never hoping for anything, because it seems safer that way. Gotta say, I don't get very good results.

• Like 2

Lv 1 Wood Elf, 

A New Beginning C1:  A Rough Start, b=But Still a Start

Lv 7 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 15 | DEX: 8 | STA: 12 | CON: 11 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 12

Sick must be going around. My LiF had a fever for the last few days

• Like 2

I admit the scared, weak willed, thin skinned male ego part of me wanted to drive by her work to see if it was true.

nod.gif

Here's the thing, and I say this while simultaneously experiencing the same issue (I'm even texting about the subject): my friend, she doesn't secretly hate you.

I've learned a real hard lesson.  You need to be your best self.  Be a beacon of positive.
  • Like 6