petefeet's Seventh Adventure

petefeet

Encouraged by his efforts inside yesterday, petefeet decides to tackle the task of spring cleaning outside. While the snow banks are still in evidence, the halfling takes the fight to the areas free of white stuff.

He picks up deadfalls from the winter storms and saves the good pieces of wood for his own wood pile, while the rest is heaped upon the old evergreen branches that were his mattress and sets them alight.

For the rest of the day petefeet tidies up the area around his lean-too, cleans off the last of the snow that was clinging to his roof and throwing trash into fire. Every so often though, the halfling takes a minute and just stares into the flames hoping to see something he knows isn't there.

Hey kids,

Spend most of day outside and started cleaning up my yard. Lots of fallen branches and the like, cut up a bunch of it for campfire wood and burned the rest in my firepit.

Still lots of snow, even areas free of it are too wet to think about raking, but it's coming.

Shoveled off my hurricane doors (outside basement entrance) so getting closer to be able to drag more drywall home, though there is still a 3ft snowbank in the way.

Went for a walk before supper and some body weight after. Completely pooped now and need to stay up late since I start nights tomorrow.

Main Quest: Weighted in at 184 lbs this morning.

Side Quests:

1. Food log and weigh-in done.

2. 5 of 3 Cardio done. Walk around subdivision before supper. DONE

3. Body Weight exercises:

70 of  75         Push-ups 

80 of  100      Squats

40 of  100      Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)

160 of  150      Dumbbell Rows  (combined total of both arms with new 25 weight)  DONE

5  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks  DONE

100 of  150      Jumping Jacks

Life Quest: Only Monday & Tuesday's effort.

• Like 5

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Woohoo!moving right along!

We went by to see our mound of earth again...it will probably never see snow, but someday it will sprout a house and there will be drywall!

You are really doing well! Keep it up!

• Like 3

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

With the last majority of his clean-up done, petefeet feels pretty good about himself so picks a project that is a little easier on the halflings tired muscles.

Grabbing one of the thick pieces of dead fall that he had picked up yesterday, petefeet goes back to the area in the Manor houses wall that holds animal cages and the room with the stuck door. Still not certain what this place was used for, the best idea the halfling has is that it must have been some kind of family zoo for the people who once lived here.

Putting aside thoughts of what kind of people would have kept dangerous animals on site for another day, petefeet jams the large stick within the opening of the stuck door and putting all his strength behind it, pushes. His efforts are rewarded as the door opens another foot before becoming stuck once again. Cursing himself for not bringing a torch, petefeet enters the room that appears to have been an office and storage room.

With his body blocking what little light that is able to enter the room, the halfling searching blindly. His hands rake through moldy and rotten leaves that have blown in, a collapsed deck and numerous scrolls that crumble at his touch and wooden tools of some kind, now nothing more than hunks of rust. Petefeet is just about to give up until he comes another day with a torch, when his hands encounter a small metal and wood object.

No sooner do the halflings fingers touch the object than something touches his hand. Whether mouse or monster, petefeet doesn't wait around to find out, he just grabs the object and crashes through the stuck door and out into the light. Nothing follows the halfling from the room, and with his heart pounding, petefeet hurries back to his area of the manor casting numerous glances over his shoulder.

It isn't until he is safe within his lean-too, does petefeet even remember the object he is tightly clutching. It appears to be a small book of some kind, though it's cover is made of rosewood and banded in bronze with a tiny lock holding it shut. The only distinguishing feature on the cover is a carved lion's head in fine relief.

With no way to open the book without doing it damage, petefeet stashes the book in the niche of the stone wall which also holds the coins he found over a month ago.

Hey kids,

Spent all morning putting a book order together to be shipped out today when I wake up. The order was for 66 books, and of course few of them were in the same box! Pick box up, put box down, pick box up, put box down etc....

After lunch was a lodge finance meeting that I got voluntold I was on, trying to come up with fundraising ideas. Like any volunteer group, lots of ideas, but same 10% doing 90% of the effort. Oh well <g>

Little surprised I'm still awake at my desk, been up since 8am and I have another 4 hours until I get off at 7am, should be a fun drive home.

Thank you all for following along and supporting me through week one!

Side Quests:

1. Food log and weigh-in done. I was only within my calorie budget 3 of 7 days this past week with a budget of 1800, still need to work on this.

2. 5 of 3 Cardio done. DONE

90 of  75         Push-ups  DONE

100 of  100      Squats  DONE

100 of  100      Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)  DONE

160 of  150      Dumbbell Rows  (combined total of both arms with new 25 weight)  DONE

160 of  150      Jumping Jacks  DONE

• Like 7

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

With the last majority of his clean-up done, petefeet feels pretty good about himself so picks a project that is a little easier on the halflings tired muscles.

Grabbing one of the thick pieces of dead fall that he had picked up yesterday, petefeet goes back to the area in the Manor houses wall that holds animal cages and the room with the stuck door. Still not certain what this place was used for, the best idea the halfling has is that it must have been some kind of family zoo for the people who once lived here.

Putting aside thoughts of what kind of people would have kept dangerous animals on site for another day, petefeet jams the large stick within the opening of the stuck door and putting all his strength behind it, pushes. His efforts are rewarded as the door opens another foot before becoming stuck once again. Cursing himself for not bringing a torch, petefeet enters the room that appears to have been an office and storage room.

With his body blocking what little light that is able to enter the room, the halfling searching blindly. His hands rake through moldy and rotten leaves that have blown in, a collapsed deck and numerous scrolls that crumble at his touch and wooden tools of some kind, now nothing more than hunks of rust. Petefeet is just about to give up until he comes another day with a torch, when his hands encounter a small metal and wood object.

No sooner do the halflings fingers touch the object than something touches his hand. Whether mouse or monster, petefeet doesn't wait around to find out, he just grabs the object and crashes through the stuck door and out into the light. Nothing follows the halfling from the room, and with his heart pounding, petefeet hurries back to his area of the manor casting numerous glances over his shoulder.

It isn't until he is safe within his lean-too, does petefeet even remember the object he is tightly clutching. It appears to be a small book of some kind, though it's cover is made of rosewood and banded in bronze with a tiny lock holding it shut. The only distinguishing feature on the cover is a carved lion's head in fine relief.

With no way to open the book without doing it damage, petefeet stashes the book in the niche of the stone wall which also holds the coins he found over a month ago.

Hey kids,

Spent all morning putting a book order together to be shipped out today when I wake up. The order was for 66 books, and of course few of them were in the same box! Pick box up, put box down, pick box up, put box down etc....

After lunch was a lodge finance meeting that I got voluntold I was on, trying to come up with fundraising ideas. Like any volunteer group, lots of ideas, but same 10% doing 90% of the effort. Oh well <g>

Little surprised I'm still awake at my desk, been up since 8am and I have another 4 hours until I get off at 7am, should be a fun drive home.

Thank you all for following along and supporting me through week one!

Side Quests:

1. Food log and weigh-in done. I was only within my calorie budget 3 of 7 days this past week with a budget of 1800, still need to work on this.

2. 5 of 3 Cardio done. DONE

90 of  75         Push-ups  DONE

100 of  100      Squats  DONE

100 of  100      Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)  DONE

160 of  150      Jumping Jacks  DONE

look at you kicking all the ass. i love that you're exceeding your goals.

now i want to know what's in that locked book now lol

• Like 3

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Excellent work on your goals!

Sorry to hear about your troubles with LiF. I can only echo what everyone else said that I'm sure she wouldn't cancel without good reason.

Hope you're well :)

• Like 2

Aquatic Elf

Level 2 | STR 0 | DEX 0.5 | STA 1.5 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 1

Challenges 1 2

Petefeet's sleep is interrupted by an odd scratching noise coming from outside his lean-too shelter. Blinking sleep from his eyes, the halfling looks to Mickey for some clue, but the cat is sound asleep curled up in a ball.

His thoughts leap to the group of monsters that passed by a couple weeks ago, but something tells the halfling that Mickey would be reacting in some way if evil was about. Never the less, petefeet cautiously moves aside the sheet of bark that acts as his door, ready to jump back if attacked.

The halfling fears are all for not, the sound is nothing more than one of the geese from the carp pond investigating the freshly cleared ground around the lean-too. About to shoo the bird away and return to sleep, petefeet instead decides to leave the bird be, with any luck it will act as an alarm if a danger presents itself.

Returning to his shelter, petefeet is too keyed up to go back to sleep so instead retrieves the locked book he found yesterday and investigates it further. Sadly, other than being very well made, having the Lion carved in the cover and showing no signs of rot or mouse damage, the halfling knows no more about it than before. Briefly the halfling considers breaking the lock with a rock, but something holds him back from doing so. Who knows, maybe another day he'll have the free time to investigate the room again and maybe find the key.

Hey kids,

Happy Week TWO!!! (think I'm punch drunk due to lack of sleep <g>)

Short sleep today, next door neighbour (goose) woke me up when he brought over a bottle of wine as a thank you for watering their plants, watching house, getting mail etc... while they are in Florida all winter (Snow Birds). We have a pretty good trade off, I watch their place and he mows my lawn.

After he left, finished putting together a big book (locked book) order, removed them from inventory, boxed and wrapped them up, and drop it off at the post office. Had just enough time when I got home to grab a quick bite before coming into work.

Main Quest: Weighted in at 183 lbs when I woke up.

Side Quests:

2. 0 of 3 Cardio done.

Increased     20 of  80         Push-ups 

0 of  100      Squats 

20 of  100      Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs) 

50 of  150      Dumbbell Rows  (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 

0  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks

30 of  150      Jumping Jacks 

New            20 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 

Life Quest: Nothing yet this week.

• Like 7

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Main Quest: Weighted in at 183 lbs when I woke up.

Side Quests:

2. 0 of 3 Cardio done.

0 of  100      Squats 

50 of  150      Dumbbell Rows  (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 

0  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks

New            20 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 

digging that you increased and added things to your workout.

• Like 2

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Hey kids,

No story tonight, just too tired, only slept for 3 hours this morning so I can get switched back to days.

Did some Body weight stuff, but only a little since my energy just isn't there plus it's a dark and rainy day out putting a walk out of the picture.

Being Tuesday I went it "LiF's" work, but she's off sick, so no visit. I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, I look forward to these visits all week.

Main Quest: Weighted in at 183 lbs again when I woke up.

Side Quests:

2. 0 of 3 Cardio done.

10 of  100      Squats 

1  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks

New            40 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Good workout, but I'm sorry to hear that your visit was a bust!!  Stay healthy yourself!

• Like 2

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Feeling tired and out of sorts, petefeet refuses to allow himself to mop around his lean-too and instead gathers his homemade woven basket and heads out on a foraging trip.

With the snows melting, new paths and areas become open to the halfling and before long he finds fresh shoots of wild onions poking through the soil and mushrooms to harvest on deadwood as he walks through the forest.

The budding trees add a new layer of colour to the wilderness and bring a sense of peace and relaxation to the halfling, and before long the stiffness and tension in his neck start melting away.

On his return loop back to the abandoned manor house, while scanning the ground for fresh edibles, petefeet makes a startling discovery. Horse tracks! Here not a mile from his home, signs that somebody else has been in the area. While they are several days old as far as the halfling can tell, the impression of man-made horse shoes in the soft mud can be clearly seen.

Suddenly cautious, petefeet slowly puts day his basket, raises his fists and scans his surrounding, but nothing but the sounds of the wind through the trees and birdsong can be heard. Berating himself for a fool since the tracks are at least several days old, petefeet never the less checks his back trail often as he returns home.

Hey kids,

This is really yesterday's post, I was in a bit of a funk yesterday and wasn't up to it. I admit after my normal visit with "LiF" didn't work out combined with the home visit that didn't happen I had a pity party. I know better, but watched myself buy a bag of potato chips (guilt food) and drink a bottle of wine.

So Wednesday I felt disappointed in myself and did a bunch of soul reflecting. In between the rain showers I did manage to get a walk in and I found horse tracks on the side of the road along my normal route. I live in a subdivision so I have no idea where a horse came from, but it was something different anyways, I just wish the piles of "presents" that got left weren't quite so numerous.

Main Quest: Weighted in at 185 lbs again when I woke up.

Side Quests:

2. 1 of 3 Cardio done.

Increased     30 of  80         Push-ups 

10 of  100      Squats 

90 of  150      Dumbbell Rows  (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 

1  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks

New             40 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

I can definitely sympathize with the self disappointment. It sucks, but you have been doing so well until now. One little slip isn't such a terrible thing in the long run, and it makes total sense when you take into account the emotional context. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't beat yourself up too much about it. 

• Like 3

Lv 1 Wood Elf, 

A New Beginning C1:  A Rough Start, b=But Still a Start

Lv 7 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 15 | DEX: 8 | STA: 12 | CON: 11 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 12

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't beat yourself up too much about it. 

Seconded. It's totally understandable, maybe even necessary, to occasionally let ourselves have a "sad day" when things are rough. As long as it doesn't become a habit... ;)

BTW, the Petefeet fan art is coming along. I'll hopefully have it scanned in and uploaded sometime this weekend.

• Like 5

I can definitely sympathize with the self disappointment. It sucks, but you have been doing so well until now. One little slip isn't such a terrible thing in the long run, and it makes total sense when you take into account the emotional context. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't beat yourself up too much about it. 

Seconded. It's totally understandable, maybe even necessary, to occasionally let ourselves have a "sad day" when things are rough. As long as it doesn't become a habit... ;)

Thanks kids,

Really appreciate this. I guess why it hit me so hard is partly because my "world" is so small.

I only have two RL friends (LiF being one, the other I only see 2-3 times a year) and most of the time (2/3's of my shifts) I'm alone with no contact with another soul except the 10 minutes at shift change, combine this with living alone, it just gets to me sometimes.

I don't really mean to complain, I'm an introvert by nature and don't really crave social contact like some people do, so when I do look forward to something and it doesn't happen I find it hard to rebound.

Anywho, enough pity party <g>.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

BTW, the Petefeet fan art is coming along. I'll hopefully have it scanned in and uploaded sometime this weekend.

This just made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

I seem to recall someone giving me some solid advice not too terribly long ago when I had a similar slip....

The advice you offered me, is just as fitting for you. I agree with everything Sovellis and JMitch are saying.

Now that you've had your day, it's just as important to get back up and not beat yourself down.

You've got this my friend

• Like 4

Another cold wet day greets petefeet when he pushes back the bark door of his lean-too.

While the weather is similar to yesterday, the halfling vows to be in a better mood today.

With his options limited and not wanting to get too wet, petefeet decides to repair his homemade sled that got crashed up all those weeks ago. Using brute force and ignorance and a fair bit the rabbit sinew rope, the halfling is able to repair the sled. While the winter finally seems to be over and not knowing how long he plans on staying on the site of the abandoned manor house, petefeet never the less takes some pride in a job well done.

Stiff and sore from cutting, bending and hauling his sled, petefeet makes use of a break in the weather to walk off his stiffness.

Hey kids,

Finally got my truck (sled) back from the fender bender a month ago. Truck was only in the auto body shop for a week but felt longer, good to have "Scarlet" back <g>.

Went for a walk around the subdivision when the showers eased up, just made it back before the heavens opened again.

Pretty much a chore day since I'm working the next 3, did some body weight stuff throughout.

On a personal note, thank you all for the kind words, I'm melancholy at the best of times and your support means a lot.

Side Quests:

2. 2 of 3 Cardio done.

Increased     50 of  80         Push-ups 

40 of  100      Squats 

90 of  150      Dumbbell Rows  (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 

2  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks

60 of  150      Jumping Jacks 

New             60 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Another cold and wet day greets petefeet when he wakes up in his lean-too, though his spirits seem better than lately as he builds up his fire and prepares his breakfast.

Uncertain what to do with his day, events conspire to make the decision for him. Just as the halfling banks his fire, a loud howling starts up within the halflings lean-too followed by a great deal of banging and crashing. Uncertain what he's facing, petefeet grabs a stick of firewood and rushes inside.

At first all Petefeet can see is Mickey the Cat running in random directions around the lean-too as if caught up in a hurricane. Once the halflings eyes adjust to the dim light within the lean-too he notices what has upset the cat so much. There are at least half a dozen chipmunks running to and fro within the dwelling, in and through the evergreen bough mattress, up and over the makeshift table, and along the rafts in the ceiling. Clearly spring is in the air if these small creatures are now out in force looking for whatever bit of food the can find.  

Hey kids,

Once again, I'm a day behind in my posting. I was just too tired when I got home last night to go for a walk AND post, so I did the walk knowing you guys would forgive me <g>.

Crazy day at work with contractors forcing me out of my control room since they had half the ceiling down pulling wires for our new fire pump control system, had a terrible time finding a place to nap <g>!

Main Quest: Weighted in at 184 lbs again this morning.

Side Quests:

2. 3 of 3 Cardio done. DONE Walk around subdivision after I got home from work.

Increased    60 of  80         Push-ups 

50 of  100      Squats 

80 of  100      Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs) 

2  of  5 x 25 sec      Planks

130 of  150      Jumping Jacks 

New            60 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 

Life Quest: Nothing yet this week. Between working five 12 hour shifts this week and being generally wet and windy, not having much luck getting drywall home.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild