petefeet's Seventh Adventure

petefeet

a werebear

Oh Lawdy, do I love me some werebear. If satyr wasn't an option but a werebear was, that's me.  Thick, slow, dense hair, strength, dependable, (and huggable).  I've always found bears and bulls to be the 'grounded' type of animal. Earthy/hearty/foundation-type beasts.  Satyrs to me is, in essence, a human hybrid/anamorphic version of those.  Also interesting fact is that in the regular zodiac and chinese zodiac - Taurus.

Totally up for werebear story. :)

• Like 6

The spring day has petefeet up and early from his bed of piled evergreen branches and outside to enjoy the warmth which has been so long in coming.

With plans to start clearing some more of his garden site today, petefeet first decides to go on a foraging trip in the hopes to find more plants for his garden. Remembering where he had seen mature ostrich ferns last fall, petefeet heads to the goldfish pond and follows its overflow as it snakes it way past the estate. Keeping his eyes along the sandy bank, the halfling finally finds what he has been searching for, the coiled heads of the fiddlehead fern as they break the surface along the brooks bank. With back bent, petefeet explores the wet sandy soil snipping off the delicious green vegetable that is so briefly in season.

His crude basket made from woven bark full, petefeet stands up to stretch his sore back and finds himself nose to nose with a massive brown bear!

Uncertain what to do, the halfling freezes and feels a cold knot form in the pit of his stomach. The two just stare at each other, and now that his initial fright has passed, the halfling notices that the giant bear has several leather belts criss-crossing its shoulders and chest. Numerous pouches and bags are attached to the belts, though what they might be for and how or what could use them, petefeet has no idea.

What the bear sees in the halfling is unknown, but it gives a massive snort and rears up upon its hind legs. Unable to run, petefeet just stands there and waits for his dead when something puzzling happens. The bear starts to shimmer and go out of focus, and where there once stood a giant bear, now stands a giant bearded man! He is a giant! hairy beyond belief, with the leather belts fitting him snugly across his chest and a worn leather kilt hanging from his waist.

"So you survived the winter did you little one?" asks a deep rumbling voice.

That this creature that was once a bear and now a man might have frozen the little halfling in his footsteps, but the fact that it can speak is just too much for petefeet and he collapses in a heap. When the halfling comes too, the scene is much as he left it, except now the hairy man is grumbling under his breath as he picks up the scattered fiddleheads popping the odd one into his large mouth.

Somehow this act comforts petefeet and he dusts himself off and speaks. "Thank you for helping pick up the fiddleheads, I think I might have been a little overwhelmed for a minute."

"You think?" the man says with a grin on his face.

"My name be Harold Hillstrong, and I be ranger and protector of this area, and in case you were wondering I'm a were-bear, as was my father before me. My family has been guarding this area for generations, though honestly the jobs been much easier since the Pryde's have left."

"Prydes?"

"Aye, those ruins you've taken up residence in was once the home of a family by the name of Pryde. They weren't evil per say, though strange doing were always happening while they were here, much more peaceful now."

"Come, let me show you."

It must have been a strange scene seeing the giant were-bear and the halfling walking side by side with a basket of fiddleheads between them as they made there way back towards the abandoned manor house. Coming up to the halflings lean-too, Harold stops and looks over the halfling effort.

"Not bad, not bad at all, you've made a nice little home since I saw you last fall."

That's when petefeet remembers the brief encounter late last fall when he saw the massive bear at the edge of the trees.

"Though there's something strange here as well... something familiar."

It's at this point that Mickey the cat walks out from the lean-too and sits in the open doorway staring at the giant man. The two exchange a long stare, before Harold turns away and pats petefeet upon the shoulder.

"Let me show you something."

The were-bear leads petefeet to the edge of the estate where a massive thicket of brambles and thorns bridge the area into the woods. Petefeet knows the area well, he has skirted it most of the winter, since it was easier to go around the brambles than risk getting scratched up by going through. Now though, it's almost as if the thorns pull away as Harold enters them and the two thread themselves through the barrier and find themselves at the edge of a cemetery.

The stones are old and massive, their carvings faded badly, but the name "Pryde" can be seen on several as well as cravings of large cats. With a large hand upon the halflings shoulder not allowing them to enter the graveyard, the two stand very still for several minutes until a breeze comes out of nowhere stirring up the leaves. The dancing leaves from last fall swirl around the area but some seem to hit something invisible, and before long the outline of a body can be seen. The figure, invisible but for the leaves clinging to it seems to be pacing around the graveyard and once the wind dies down, the leaves fall and the cemetery appears to be empty once again.

Petefeet and Harold exchange a quiet glance and the were-bear leads the halfling away from the cemetery.

Hey kids,

I'll try and finish this post during the night, but thought I would get a start on it, looks like it's going to be a big one.

My friend Hal (were-bear) and his wife picked me up Friday morning and we drove 4.5 hours to New Brunswick (next province) for ECCE (East Coast Comic Expo). We checked in to our motel and headed for the arena where the con was being held.

Hal and I shared a table, Hal with the three comic he has written (two indie's and one Pro work that just came out, a bio of Steven Corbert!). My half of the table (really 2/3's) was a few items from my bookstore, mostly graphic novels and a few book series as well as some roleplaying manuals.

The ghost from my story was this guy dressed up as Pennywise who was pretending to stalk people, everybody thought he was fun to watch.

Will continue later.

Main Quest: Weighted in at 185 lbs this morning, a bit surprised since I expected a gain after being away.

Side Quests:

1. Food log and weigh-in done.

2. 4 of 3 Cardio done. (Walk before supper again to get in enough for the rpg fantatic's mini <g>) DONE

3. Body Weight exercises:

Increased this challenge        80 of 80 Push-ups DONE
                                               10 of 100 Squats 
                                               60 of 100 Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)
                                             150 of 150 Dumbbell Rows (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight)  DONE
                                                 4 of 5 Planks (as long as I can hold it, usually 25 - 30 seconds)
                                               40 of 150 Jumping Jacks
New this challenge                 80 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight)  DONE

Life Quest:  All told, probably spent 12 hours working on life quest (basement) this week! I'm going to try an organize an extra set of hands for Wednesday so I can get the bulkhead done, darn unpaid help think they're allowed to have a life! <G>

• Like 8

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Before I continue on the story of petefeet, I really should do a week 5 review.

I'm still at the same weight as I started the challenge (185 lbs), mostly do to late night snacking while watching Netflix's.

For the whole, my diet has been healthy, just too much most times. I'm doing "ok" with the Body Weight exercises and Cardio and this past week has been the most productive in regards to my "life quest" (basement reno). 

If I can smarten up, I should be able to finish the last week of this challenge strong.

Thank you all for following along, your support means a great deal to me.

• Like 7

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

After showing the halfling the Pryde cemetery, Harold Hillstrong tours the abandoned manor house estate with petefeet as the halfling tells the were-bear of his struggles and trials to survive the winter.

"Why didn't you seek aid from the villagers?"

"What villagers?" asks the halfling

With a stunned look upon his hairy face, the were-bear responds: "Don't you know the village of Apple Valley isn't anymore than 3 miles away?"

"I've not seen another soul all winter other than those monsters last month, I had no idea there was a village so close."

"Aye, it's likely none of the villagers would come near here, the Pryde's weren't well liked, many thought them cursed. Have no fear, any curse was of their own making, nothing to concern you little one. But enough of that, let me show you."

And before he knows it, the halfling is hurrying along after Harold and the two are soon deep into the forest. The large were-bear moves like the wind, with barely a noise being or leaf disturbed to mark his passage, petefeet can only shake his head in wonder as he hurries after him.

After an hour of walking through the woods, petefeet no longer recognizes any of the landmarks and knows that he is in unexplored territory.

"It's a bit out of the way, but there is someone I want you to meet." says Harold Hillstrong without looking back as his long legs start going up a nearby hill. Once atop the hill, petefeet and Harold are afforded a decent view of the surrounding landscape, a grey smudge that is the abandoned ruin can barely be seen.

"So who are we going to meet?" asks the halfling, grateful for the chance to stop and catch his breath.

"This good for nothing piece of dry rot standing here." Harold says while pointing to an old gnarled oak tree that stands alone at the top of the hill.

Wondering how he has gotten himself into such a situation and weighing the odds that all this is just some crazy fever dream brought on by some undercooked rabbit, petefeet almost jumps out of his skin when the tree speaks.

"Hasn't anybody turned you into a rug yet you good for nothing flea bag?"

Unable to believe it, but the thick bark of the tree seems to have a face molded into it, heavy lidded eyes that follow the halfling and a mouth that can only been seen when speaking.

"Play nice or I'll nail a bird house to your forehead. Petefeet, I'd like you to meet Toothpick, that's not his real name but I can't pronounce his real one, it sounds like a beaver farting underwater in my opinion."

"Greetings petefeet, as the flea bag said, you can call me Toothpick. I once travelled these forests in my youth caring for the creatures within until I ran afoul of the Pryde's. I took exception to some of their practices and tried to stop them, I failed and they rooted me in this spot so I could see them until my last day. The jokes on them though, they are all gone and I'm still here watching and listening."

"What do you see Toothpick?" asks the were-bear Harold.

"Much the same as you, I am also just waking up from my long winters nap and my gaze isn't as strong as it used to be...."

And with that, Toothpick appears to fall asleep in front of the pair. With a gentle pat against the rough bark, Harold steers petefeet away from the tree along the top of the hill.

After another of walking, Harold and petefeet come to the edge of a low ridge and look down upon the village of Apple Valley.

Presumably named after the groves of apple trees that line the valley's slopes, the village appears to be neat and tidy with a single road running through the town leading deeper into the valley. Numerous houses can be seen, most of them with animal pens behind them filled with wings and hooves of all shapes and sizes. There also seems to be a blacksmiths forge and the ringing of metal on metal can clearly be heard. By far the largest building seems to be some kind of community hall and that's where most of the current activity can be seen.

As far as petefeet can tell, the people of Apple Valley are bring items from the houses and properties to the hall and are trading them with their neighbours, though what it's all about, the halfling has no idea.

Almost as if he can read the halflings mind, Harold Hillstrong speaks:

"It's spring cleaning day in which you trade old worn out items with a neighbour as a sign of good luck for the coming summer and as a way to bid farewell it winter, they will do this again around harvest time."

Overwhelmed, where only a few short hours ago petefeet's life was a solitary and quiet one, now he finds that things have very much changed and unsure how he feels about, the halfling turns to the were-bear and says;

"Can I go home now?"

Hey kids,

This is the continuation of my long weekend (Three day weekend in Canada). Like you guys know, I was at this little comic con with my friend Hal (were-bear). By design, the table beside us was another friend (toothpick, really tall bugger) of Hal's who's a comic artist and had his own table selling his sketches and his first comic. Listening to those two go at each other left me in stitches all weekend, felt good to get out there for a bit.

The only item of note is that today was Spring Clean-up in my area, when you get to throw out all those big items of junk (mattress, old metal, lumber etc...) and they get hauled away for free. I live in a pretty well to do subdivision for the area so our "junk" is highly prized by the flock of "dumpster divers" who salvage whatever they can to fix or scrap for money. Heck, I have no problem with people doing this, it's better than it going to the dump, but I was taking my life in my hands by going for a walk this afternoon before work, the $800.00 cars and the 50K trucks weaving in and out trying to be the first to grab that broken chair etc...

Main Quest: Weighted in at 184 lbs this afternoon when I woke up.

Side Quests:

2. 1 of 3 Cardio done. (Went for walk before coming into work)

Increased this challenge        10 of 80 Push-ups 
                                               10 of 100 Squats 
                                              10 of 100 Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)
                                                0 of 150 Dumbbell Rows (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 
                                                1 of 5 Planks (as long as I can hold it, usually 30 - 40 seconds)
                                               40 of 150 Jumping Jacks
New this challenge                 20 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 

Life Quest:  Nothing yet this week.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

good work so far my friend. for some reason i imagine toothpick sounding like Rockbiter from NeverEnding story....

Monstro_de_Pedra.png

• Like 3

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

It has been a couple days since petefeet had that mysterious run-in with the Were-Bear Ranger Harold Hillstrong and the knowledge that other people are no more than a couple miles away in the village of Apple Valley.

The Were-Bears departure was just as abrupt as his entrance and once again the halfling finds himself alone, though now he really feels the weight of the solitude.

To keep himself busy the halfling has been busy prepping a garden area using some of the odd tools he found in the Animal Keeper's room near the old animal cells. The work is hard on the halflings back, but petefeet welcomes the distraction.

At the end of the day the halfling is working on this second wind and before he gives himself a chance stop himself he heads out for Apple Valley.

With only a couple stops to make sure he is traveling the correct way, the halfling makes it to the edge of Apple Valley just as the sun is setting. Cursing his bad timing, never the less the halfling slips down into the valley taking care not to be seen. It is full on dark by the time he makes it to the edge of the village proper but instead of the quiet of homes going to sleep, petefeet hears the sound of merry making and laughter.

Still very timid and being careful not to be seen, the halfling makes his way into the village proper and heads towards the happy sounds. A great crowd is all in front of the village hall and they appear to be watching some kind of play. While it is clearly an amateur production based of homemade costumes and sets, the villagers really seem to be enjoying themselves.

Petefeet isn't quite sure what the play is about other than it features a group of hero's out on an adventure to rid the world of evil.

The moon is full and bright when the play is done and petefeet makes his way back through the village and into the woods back to his home, he is tired but happy when he gets home and sleeps well.

Petefeet dreams...

It is a similar dream that he has had before, the "Lady in Flames" is surrounded by moth that dance around her halo of flames. Instead of being upset that he doesn't have her to himself, petefeet accepts this brief time he has with her and allows himself a tiny smile.

Hey kids,

FYI, I start "summer hours" tomorrow, meaning that I'll be working maintenance Monday-Friday 8am - 4:30pm until the boilers are needed again in Septmember. This means that I won't have much (if any) time at the computer at work, so my posts will probably be every other day or so from now one. Traditionally, his has been a hard time for me, my whole career has been shift-work so going to work 5 days in a row is a struggle, throwing off my normal routine.

Let's see...

I hand "tilled" my vegetable garden yesterday, I could have gone to my brothers and borrowed his tiller and done it, but it was almost easier to do it by hand and I needed the workout. Though I admit, my back sure can feel it!

I visited "LiF" last night as per normal on Tuesday, (I still get butterflies on the way there) she was quite busy and had lots of customers, but she took a minute with me and asked me about my trip to the comic con. I admit, this simple gesture warmed my heart and made my day.

After visiting her, I ran into town and caught the late showing of the new Avengers movie which I enjoyed quite a bit, though now I'm all excited to see the new Mad Max film, it sounds amazing!

Main Quest: Weighted in at 184 lbs again.

Side Quests:

2. 3 of 3 Cardio done. DONE

Increased this challenge        25 of 80 Push-ups 
                                               30 of 100 Squats 
                                              30 of 100 Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)
                                              50 of 150 Dumbbell Rows (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 
                                                2 of 5 Planks (as long as I can hold it, usually 30 - 40 seconds)
                                               40 of 150 Jumping Jacks
New this challenge                 50 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 

Life Quest:  Nothing yet this week.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Not sure if I've told you this, but I really enjoy the way you weave what you're doing into your story...:)

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: Keeps on Moving

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 62

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Not sure if I've told you this, but I really enjoy the way you weave what you're doing into your story...:)

Thanks, it helps me process my day and give voice to my thoughts since that darn cat doesn't seem to give a fuck!

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

With his garden all prepped, petefeet decides upon waking that today is the day to transfer some plants and plant some seeds that he was able to salvage from the estates overgrown grounds. His hopes are dashed when hears the drumming of rain upon the bark roof of his lean-too.

Peering outside as he builds up his fire, the halfling confirms his fears. His garden is a mess of wet mud, too wet to plant or even work in, as well the rain is bitterly cold and there almost feels like there might be a bit of snow mixed into it.

Stuck inside his lean-too, fiercely jamming every bit of scrap wood into his fire to offset the cold damp air and the wind whistling through the block walls, petefeet begins to stew and soon has himself so worked you that he throws on his rabbit skin cloak and trudges outside.

While he can't work in his garden he can make use of it to help improve his living conditions.

So ignoring the cold rain as best he can, the halfling goes into the nearby forest and gathers up several arms loads of wet moss and brings them into the lean-too. Braving the cold rain again, petefeet uses the brass bowl he found in the animal trainers office and heaps it high with wet clingy mud from his garden.

Once back within the relative warmth of his lean-too and under the careful eye of Mickey the cat, petefeet gets to work. Mixing the moss and wet clay together the halfling is able to make a kind of mortar which he uses to replace mud he used to try and seal the joints between the stone blocks last fall. With the moss added to the clay, the job looks like it might last longer and add a layer of insulation to the dwelling. 

It's a big job and means that petefeet has to go outside more often then he would like, but at the end of the day the job is done. It's not pretty, maybe a coating to clay will be needed to smooth it all out and seal it, but never the less the halfling feels happy with what he was able to accomplish on a rainy day.

Hey kids,

Let's see....

I took a vacation day on friday to work in the basement, glued the foamboard (Moss and clay) to the cement wall running along the stairs and starting strapping it in place. Realized that I miss counted the pieces of strapping needed, forgot about the ends so ended the day with a clean-up which was sorely needed.

Got up Saturday morning to a rainy, blowy day, even a bit of snow in the air!!!! I hated doing it, but had to run the furnace all day, I never run the furnace this time of year. I braved the rain and headed to home Depot and picked up the three pieces of strapping I needed, got half soaked getting it into basement, only to realize I bought 1 x 4 strapping and I needed 1 x 3!!! FUCK!

Seriously pissed at this point but with no choice I returned to town and got the right materials. All that ruined 1/2 of Saturday, but I was able to drywall that wall and the landing (which I had forgotten needed doing). With another 1/2 day of effort (finishing bulkhead and checking screws) I should be able to start taping and mudding, though I think I'll have to do a "dump-run" to get rid of my wastage and clean-up.

I know the challenge ends today, but I'll be continuing this thread until the next starts since I find I do better if I don't take a break. Thank you all for your support!

Main Quest: Weighted in at 184 lbs again. Ending challenge 1 pound below where I started, after supper "TV time" snacks are getting me, need to have some veggie's etc pre-made so I make better choices.

Side Quests:

2. 5 of 3 Cardio done. DONE

Increased this challenge        55 of 80 Push-ups 
                                               40 of 100 Squats 
                                              30 of 100 Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)
                                             100 of 150 Dumbbell Rows (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 
                                                3 of 5 Planks (as long as I can hold it, usually 30 - 40 seconds)
                                               90 of 150 Jumping Jacks
New this challenge                 80 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) DONE

Life Quest:  Spent 8+ hours in the basement Friday and another 5 hours on Saturday. The clean-up, organizing and "little jobs" take more time than a person would think. Plus I'm the kind of guy that stands and plans out the next set before doing it, glad I'm not paying myself by the hour!

• Like 7

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

You've done a fantastic job this challenge. As for the veggie snacks, what were you thinking?

• Like 2

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

You've done a fantastic job this challenge. As for the veggie snacks, what were you thinking?

I'm really sure, I'm addicted to hummus, so something I can dip I guess. Normally it's cauliflower, but I refuse to pay $5.00 for a stinking head of cauliflower!!!

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Snow? *shudders No thank you!!

You really have done wonderful this challenge, I know we tend to do better if we have carrots and celery sticks in the fridge...I actually caught myself mindless eating carrots yesterday...which is better than m&m's but still struck me a bit odd :D

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: Keeps on Moving

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 62

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Snow? *shudders No thank you!!

You really have done wonderful this challenge, I know we tend to do better if we have carrots and celery sticks in the fridge...I actually caught myself mindless eating carrots yesterday...which is better than m&m's but still struck me a bit odd :D

What's a carrot? <g>

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Just as a follow up, I'm not beating myself up too much about not getting all my Body Weight stuff done (though I need to improve), since I've been quite active in the basement which I feel even things out.

Follow up #2...

The summer time has been a lazing time for me since I work 8am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday during the summer. That means when I get home at 5:15pm I usually have a bite to eat, go for a walk then shower, P.J.'s and Netfix's time. I need to be more productive when I get home, so I'm going to be adjusting my "Life Quest" to include some mini's within it.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

With the day bright and clear petefeet decides to spent it away from the lean-too that he was forced to hide from the rain from yesterday, and heads towards the village of Apple Valley.

He doesn't know what he's going to do when he gets there, though decides that hiding at the abandoned estate isn't doing him any good and that it's a time for a change.

The spring air is warm and fresh, scented with early flowers which are covered in buzzing bees. Enjoying himself, petefeet takes his time on his way to the village, when the halfling has the sensation that he isn't alone. Looking behind him, the halfling sees a mounted horse on the trail behind him ambling along, it's rider, a woman, doesn't appear to have seen the halfling as of yet.

Uncertain what to do alone out in the middle of the forest, petefeet errors on the side of caution and hides in the underbrush along the side of the trail. The halfling waits and waits, and eventually braves a look, only to see the trail empty of horse and rider.

Pushing aside his silly concerns, petefeet continues along the path to Apple Valley, through makes frequent glances behind him.

Coming up to the edge of the village, petefeet sits upon the undergrowth trying to figure out the best way to introduce himself, when a group of voices makes their way to his ears.

Coming through the village is a long line of people, those in front carrying a long wooden box, which the halfling assumes to be a coffin since those waking behind it are crying and upset. Uncomfortable intruding in such a time, petefeet watched the mourning party walk through the village before retreating once again into the wilderness.

Hey kids,

Wasn't planning on a post tonight but when the "Muse" hits...

Took it easy today, brother over to help with the last of the "two man" drywall, leaving me 1/2 day effort left until I can start mud and tape.

Went for a walk around subdivision and had a horse and rider follow me for about half of it.

Had a Masonic Funeral for one of my Lodge Brothers tonight, and being an officer I'm required to take part. The job wasn't hard, holding a satin pillow with a lambskin apron upon it, but I had to stand right in front of the grieving family through it all, hard to watch. 

Main Quest: Weighted in at 184 lbs again.
Side Quests:

2. 6 of 3 Cardio done. DONE

Increased this challenge        65 of 80 Push-ups 
                                               50 of 100 Squats 
                                              55 of 100 Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)
                                             100 of 150 Dumbbell Rows (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 
                                                3 of 5 Planks (as long as I can hold it, usually 30 - 40 seconds)
                                               90 of 150 Jumping Jacks
New this challenge                 80 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) DONE

Life Quest:  One of my brothers was over and helped put up the part of the bulkhead that needed two sets of hands, leaving 1/2 a day more effort (hopefully) until I can start mudding and taping.

• Like 7

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Great job on the challenge!!!

• Like 2

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

I'm really sure, I'm addicted to hummus, so something I can dip I guess. Normally it's cauliflower, but I refuse to pay $5.00 for a stinking head of cauliflower!!!

cucumbers and hummus go pretty decently together

• Like 3