do 1x5 pull ups
do 1x5 pistol squats
do 1x10 push ups 7/05/2015
do 3x10 push ups 10/05/2015
do 5x10 push ups
do a freestanding handstand for 5 seconds
Keep up daily maintenance of house cleaning
----------------------------------------------------------------------

MID-CHALLENGE MINI HABIT MINI CHALLENGE!

Goals:

Continue mobility daily

Continue 3-day Bodyweight routine

+ Basic tidy up of the house - alternate surface cleaning and doing the dishes, add in something else on days off from work. 

+ 30 minutes of yoga on the weekend sometime - single session

+ Do 2 hours of drawing in the week. (20ish minutes daily)

TEAGARDEN'S TENTH REBEL CHALLENGE!

Quest 1 - Continue bodyweight & mobility routine (M/W/F) 

I've created a workout that's almost working for me. xD Progress for my inverted rows was moving very slowly compared to improvements in the hollow body holds and push ups, and I was having trouble progressing forward with pistol squats, because I was having trouble finding a better progression to move to. Doing more reps of weaker exercises is working, but it is slow, and I don't feel like I'm pushing as hard anymore. So this challenge I'm going for 5 sets of reps to failure of a harder exercise then what I've been doing.

3x10 Incline Push Ups --> 5x(toFailure) standard push upsTried this this morning, I could do 4 real push ups in a set!
3x(toFailure) horizontal inverted rows --> 5x(toFailure) Horizontal rows. Going for less reps, better ROM.
3x10 Chair Pistol Squats --> 5x(toFailure) Pole-Assisted Pistol SquatsI need to get my body into the proper position, and use my legs more for this variation. 
1 minute Hollow body holds, knees bent --> 1 minute Hollow Body hold, legs (almost) straight, arms up

Quest 2 - One 30 minute Yoga & Meditation session on the weekend 

This is part of my life enjoyment mission. I shouldn't need permission, or to remind myself, to take some time to unwind my body and mind after a crazy week at work. No set plans for what I'm going to do, just going to do what my body wants. Any division of the half hour of yoga / meditation is acceptable here. xD

Quest 3 - Daily cleaning

Cleaning my house was probably the most turmoil-laced part of my challenge last time. It's just about building the habit. It was mostly me overthinking the difficulty of the task I was meant to be doing... and then putting it off and making it even more overwhelming. I still did it all though! This challenge I'm delving deeper into tidying up the darker corners of the house, and trying to maintain a steady level of cleanliness day-to-day. 

Alternating between doing the dishes and doing a surface clean of the flat surfaces every day, bathroom and the floors get attention once a week. I've also taken out the ideas relevant to my house from this checklist and am going to complete them.

Quest 4 -  Write 100 words or draw in sketchbook for 20 minutes every day
Words Written: 3150
Minutes Spent drawing: 1570 (26.2 hours)

I've been enjoying both writing and drawing as mental exercises and should do more. 

• Like 6

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Challenge Wrap Up!

1. Bodyweights & mobility

Week 1: 7 / 7

Week 2: 7 / 7

Week 3: 7 / 7

Week 4: 5 / 7

Week 5: 5.5 / 7

Week 6: 5 / 7

Total: 36.5 / 42   86%

I'm glad that this was my highest scoring goal this time around; Even though I started to slip in the last week, I've made definite gains in strength from a few challenges ago. The half-sessions of exercise are too easy to skip and put off, so I will go back to doing 2 or 3 harder body weights sessions a week, when I can schedule the time, and maybe mix something else in to keep myself interested. 

2. Yoga Meditation Session

Week 1: 1 / 1

Week 2: 1 / 1

Week 3: 1 / 1

Week 4: 0 / 1

Week 5: 0 / 1

Week 6: 0 / 1

Total: 3 / 6   50%

I just stopped feeling like I needed to do this. I wasn't going to force it because I haven't been as stressed as I used to be (a good thing!) 

3. Daily Cleaning

Week 1: 7 / 7

Week 2: 6 / 7

Week 3: 6.5 / 7

Week 4: 3 / 7

Week 5: 5.5 / 7

Week 6: 1.5 / 7

Total: 29.5 / 42   70%

I need to start making some dent in the ever-growing pile of dishes again or it's going to start growing mould. I was doing well for the first few weeks but I think the sun disappearing sapped a lot of my motivation and I just wanted to sit on the couch instead of doing anything involving movement. :P But it's okay. I know for sure now that just doing small bursts of cleaning will keep the house manageable. I just need to make the act of cleaning more bearable. I might look into another basic cleaning checklist type thing for next challenge. 

4. Write or Draw

Week 1: 473 Words, 1155 Minutes Drawing

Week 2: 937 Words, 150 Minutes Drawing

Week 3: 0 Words, 0 Minutes Drawing

Week 4: 0 Words, 40 Minutes Drawing

Week 5: 1090 Words, 225 Minutes Drawing 

Week 6: 897 Words, 0 Minutes Drawing

Total: 3397 Words, 1570 Minutes Drawing

80 / 100 words p/day (avg) 80%

37 / 20 minutes drawing p/day (avg) 185%

I won't create if I'm not inspired. and when I'm tired & depressed I rarely want to do anything bit sleep, and trying to tell myself to do it just causes anguish. xD As much as I'd like to be amaze-balls at drawing and writing, it's not an immediate concern and I should stop stressing about trying to do all the things. Mostly I just need to remember to clean up after all my hobbies so doing lots of unfinished things doesn't keep building up around me and stopping me wanting to do them.

Congratulations! 

You are now, 

Level 10!!

+ 5 STR

+ 2 STA

+ 3 CON

+ 3 CHA

+ 1 WIS

+ 1 DEX

Stonie

They/Them

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Awesome challenge! Pistols and hollow-body holds are tough, but they're great skills. I'll be looking forward to seeing you achieve your body-weight training goals. ^^

The creativity part of your challenge is really cool, too. My drawings make small children cry, so I admire folks who have drawing skill. 

Best of luck with your challenge! 

• Like 1

Assassin - Level 3 

STR: 6 | STA: 3 | DEX: 1 | CON: 6 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 1

Challenge 1 - RESTART -  Challenge 2

I've seen how supportive you have been with others here, so I thought I would follow you around and give you a pat on the back from time to time <g>.

Plus, it's nice to see another writer (want-to-be in my case) here.

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

I've seen how supportive you have been with others here, so I thought I would follow you around and give you a pat on the back from time to time <g>.

Plus, it's nice to see another writer (want-to-be in my case) here.

Thanks! Yes, I'm very much a want-to-be writer. But when I get into it, I love it. xD

Awesome challenge! Pistols and hollow-body holds are tough, but they're great skills. I'll be looking forward to seeing you achieve your body-weight training goals. ^^

The creativity part of your challenge is really cool, too. My drawings make small children cry, so I admire folks who have drawing skill. 

Best of luck with your challenge! 

They are! But I've found if I don't aim very high, I lose interest very quick. I'm not good at the daily grind - I get bored real quick - so I have to see constant results, even tiny ones, to make myself wanna keep going. It worked last challenge, so it should work again :)

And I don't think my drawings are any good either - Deviantart's given me issues, hahaha! - but they are definitely better, and they won't get more better unless I keep practicing! 

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Bodyweights Day!

Anything in bold is a new PR.

6:03am - 6:50am.

Mobility: done.

Push Ups: 3 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 2

Australian Pull Ups: 4 - 4 - 4 - 3 - 3

Chair-Assisted Pistols: L10, R10

Shrimp Squats: L3, R2 - L3, R2

Hollow Body Holds: 30s - 30s

Notes:

Changed from incline push ups to full push ups. Can't believe how many I could do!

Following my decision to do harder exercises for less reps, I attempted shrimp squats; got to about 1/2 full ROM - these are too hard. I will do assisted Pistols on the pole holding up the patio instead... hopefully it doesn't rain while I'm doing so or that's going to be interesting. 

Hollow Body: arms were straight above head (more or less, haha!) legs about 45degrees straight out.

Learnt the other day that inverted rows are also called "Australian pull ups" hahaha! Get it? because they're upside down? Ehem. So that's what I'm referring to when I write that in my log. 

Dishes: done while I waited for the rice to cook for dinner.

Drawing: 2 hours done. Hah! Maybe I need to expand my goal for this mini challenge. 

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Most of the exercises you mentioned I had to look up, I'm still pretty basic in this area. For example, only yesterday I learned I was doing my push-ups wrong, I had my hands in "front" of my shoulders so they were doing most of the work. Not that I'm doing them "properly" they aren't nearly as much fun <g>.

Any chance to get a link to your deviant art page? I'm curious because I'm one of those people who can't draw a straight line with a ruler.

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Hey, hey Tea, another challenge, you are a beast!

Pistol Squats OMG! You are a braver woman than I.

Good Luck with your Challenge, you are going to be awesome!

Haii Sev :) 

Pistol squats are my way of fighting my chronic clumsiness :P If I can have as much control and strength as anyone who can successfully pull off a pistol squat, then logic follows that I should have more control over my flailing limbs. Tripping over my own feet and finding furniture with my elbows and hips is only funny for so long :P I've learnt more about calisthenics while researching things like pistol squats and handstands as well, and it's a bit like bodyweight yoga in my mind and it looks fun. xD

I really like your challenge, especially the writing goal. And I know what you mean about getting bored with the daily grind...

Following along mainly for the row and pistol awesomeness, you're somewhat ahead of where I am on both, so I'll be taking notes.

Wow, Thanks! you probably don't know that you made my day by saying you're going to take notes; in my mind I'm still a complete noob at all this exercising stuff. Hopefully I can get somewhere with the rows and pistols, the rows especially have been plaguing me for a while. Probably something to do with not being committed to being consistent with my exercise, but live and learn! xD

Most of the exercises you mentioned I had to look up, I'm still pretty basic in this area. For example, only yesterday I learned I was doing my push-ups wrong, I had my hands in "front" of my shoulders so they were doing most of the work. Not that I'm doing them "properly" they aren't nearly as much fun <g>.

Any chance to get a link to your deviant art page? I'm curious because I'm one of those people who can't draw a straight line with a ruler.

I got stuck on push ups initially too; I actually got the rebels in the form check part of the forum to help me out. It's the smallest things that mess you up xD I felt pretty comfortable doing them yesterday, so I have the potential to make great progress these next 6 weeks. :D

I haven't actually put anything on my own DA page for uhh... a few years now I think xD but there's some stuff on there; photos, some writing. :)My blog has more recent drawing I've done (like, within the last year) that I'm much less ashamed of :P 

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Mobility: Done... Around work when I realised I'd forgotten to do it at home. 

Surface clean of house: Put away rogue items that had lost their way, made the bed. threw out some trash. Also put the bins out because that's tomorrow :P

Drawing to come, after dinner. Even though I technically hit my 2 hour goal for the week, I realise now that was a soft target for me. Once I start something I feel the need to finish it, or get to a point where I can put it down and come back to it. 

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Wow, Thanks! you probably don't know that you made my day by saying you're going to take notes; in my mind I'm still a complete noob at all this exercising stuff. Hopefully I can get somewhere with the rows and pistols, the rows especially have been plaguing me for a while. Probably something to do with not being committed to being consistent with my exercise, but live and learn! xD

'Not being committed to being consistent' is pretty much my mantra, whether I want it to be or not. Consistency is absolutely my biggest battle... I actually laughed out loud when I read that, it's so familiar...

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

'Not being committed to being consistent' is pretty much my mantra, whether I want it to be or not. Consistency is absolutely my biggest battle... I actually laughed out loud when I read that, it's so familiar...

It's surprising how many people all struggle with the same thing, even though we're all fighting our own personal life battles :P

I've modified my cleaning challenge a bit; the 30-day checklist had a lot of things that just weren't specific to my house and life, so I've picked out all the good ideas and I've written up a list on my tracking spreadsheet so I know what needs doing. 

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Mobility: Done... Around work when I realised I'd forgotten to do it at home. 

Surface clean of house: Put away rogue items that had lost their way, made the bed. threw out some trash. Also put the bins out because that's tomorrow :P

Drawing to come, after dinner. Even though I technically hit my 2 hour goal for the week, I realise now that was a soft target for me. Once I start something I feel the need to finish it, or get to a point where I can put it down and come back to it.

Rogue items. Yes! Also, challenge looks awesome. ;)
  • Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

Thanks Annyshay! I've set myself a high standard to hit with my last challenge actually going well. 

Bodyweights day!

10:05am - 10:50am

Mobility: done

Push Ups: 3 - 3 - 3 - 2 - 2

Inverted Rows: 5 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4

Assisted Pistols: 2 - 2 - 3 - 2 - 1

Hollow Body Holds: 20s - 20s - 20s

10 minute yoga cooldown

Notes:

Rows and pull ups felt good.

Pole-assisted pistols were hard, but good hard. 

Hollow body: legs out straighter, arms still 90 degrees.

Chores day! Food shopping, hair cutting, doing all the dishes, vacuuming and mopping all sorted. Attempted a laksa for dinner; it was filling but could have used more spices. 

Drew for over an hour throughout the day; up to inking the drawing I've been working on. 

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

I struggle with consistency as well, though a lot of it is due to working shift work. Having no set wake up - bed time, regular days off etc... can be a challenge. That's why I've found keeping myself accountable "here" has been one of the biggest factors in my change.

Looking forward to seeing some of your creative efforts.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

I struggle with consistency as well, though a lot of it is due to working shift work. Having no set wake up - bed time, regular days off etc... can be a challenge. That's why I've found keeping myself accountable "here" has been one of the biggest factors in my change.

Looking forward to seeing some of your creative efforts.

Yeah, my work schedule is all over the place too - Hospitality. :P I mostly schedule my next week of life around the shifts I have that week, seeing as thats about as much warning as I get to plan things xD It's mostly cleaning that falls behind for me, I just get up early enough before my shift on days I do bodyweights so I have enough time to do them without hurrying, but cleaning before the sun gets up? Ahh no. xD

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Keeping up with cleaning is definitely a challenge, very time consuming aswell! I generally have either a Sunday or a Monday off every week so I do the cleaning for the whole week on those days. Takes a couple hours. Which is ridiculous, a house should not get hours of cleaning dirty within a weeks worth of time.

I think there is some supernatural factor at work that I haven't considered. Maybe ghosts trash my house slowly through-out the week to see if I notice?

• Like 2

Starting: Weight 176lbs | Bodyfat ~19% | Current: Weight 184lbs | Bodyfat ~16.5% | Goal: Weight 190-200lbs | Bodyfat 6-10%

Level 2 Human Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

First Challenge : Completed.

Second Challenge : In progress.

Tixnleeches Epic Quest (Life Goals) : In Progress

Definitely poltergeists. Or my dog. She probably has raging parties while we're out and I assume it's me messing the place up. xD But no. I need to feel like I've had an actual day off - from work and housework - to feel properly rested before starting the next week, hence the scheduling to get things done in spurts during the week :P  

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Mobility: done.

Surface cleaned. Wiped the benches, put all the dishes away, threw out the junk mail.

Work tomorrow got re-arranged- early start, booo! -  so I planned to do my bodyweight workout tonight... And got waylaid by Mr. Tea taking me house hunting. :P Which was fun. So I did the set of push ups I was planning at least, once we got home. Planning an early night tonight so I can get up early and hopefully finish my workout. Or at least, part of it :P

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Woo! Good job getting most of the things done even when side tracked and work changing around on you!

Though you did remind me I also need to throw out my junk mail. Good lord I have so much junk mail....

Are you house hunting in your area or planning on making a bigger move?

Starting: Weight 176lbs | Bodyfat ~19% | Current: Weight 184lbs | Bodyfat ~16.5% | Goal: Weight 190-200lbs | Bodyfat 6-10%

Level 2 Human Assassin

Woo! Good job getting most of the things done even when side tracked and work changing around on you!

Though you did remind me I also need to throw out my junk mail. Good lord I have so much junk mail....

Are you house hunting in your area or planning on making a bigger move?

I did stop to take note of how proactive I was being in my planning to accomplish things today, even while my friday plans were unravelling around me :P 

We are house hunting in the same town; We're renting from Mr. Tea's parent's at the moment, but we're in suburbia and we'd rather not be. We've been biding our time looking for the right house to pop up, and this week we found a few to check out :P

Tomorrow's Plan!

BW rows and pistols in the morning tomorrow, Hollow body holds after work. So I don't have to get up absurdly early. 

Eat some damn breakfast.

Work 7am - 4:30pm. Ugh. 

Hollow body holds. 

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Sounds like a good plan for tomorrow!

And as for the house, definitely wait to find the perfect place if you can. Nothing worse then getting a new place and finding one a week later that you like way more! Happy hunting for this weekend though! You'll have to post pictures if you decide on one!

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Assassin

Surface cleaned. Wiped the benches, put all the dishes away, threw out the junk mail.

That reminds me, I need to finish up my chores before I start a row of three 12 hour night shifts. I can't see to get anything done on days after I wake up, cause sleeping during the daytime sucks!

Really seems like you're off to a good start, hope the house hunting goes well.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

That reminds me, I need to finish up my chores before I start a row of three 12 hour night shifts. I can't see to get anything done on days after I wake up, cause sleeping during the daytime sucks!

Really seems like you're off to a good start, hope the house hunting goes well.

No, I'm not surprised you'd find things hard to get done! I'm pretty well acquainted with my slacking abilities - even when I don't work that hard - hence the planning the next day; I'm less likely to skip things if I've said I'm going to do them. :P

Didn't feel like drawing last night so I wrote some ongoing zombie story that I've been working on for years. "short" story - hahaha! Gonna keep a tally of how many words written throughout the challenge and how long I've drawn for, just for funsies. :)

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them