• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blaidd

The Juice Bar (please follow)

Hi All

Welcome to your journey with Nerd Fitness.  This is the Juice Bar and this is where you will see notices of any mini's. There are also plenty of guides/ambassadors around so you can ask any of them questions.  And you can just talk about whatever you want here.  Anything goes as long as it's in the rules of the Rebellion.

I am your Guild Leader and I will be taking you on some Campus Tours while you get to know Nerd Fitness.  I will be here to answer any questions you might have but don't forget to check out your Guide Book while you're getting settled in too (it has some good advice in there).

So welcome and get ready.  We're in for a fantastic ride.

PS.  Don't forget to follow your own challenge in order to receive email notifications etc when someone has posted in your challenge

• Like 10

Hi, Blaidd! :)

I have a question - I was in the last challenge, but I didn't make it all the way through. Would I stay here as a recruit, or would it be all right to move on to the Adventurer Guild? I'm fine either way. :)

• Like 1

I have a question - I was in the last challenge, but I didn't make it all the way through. Would I stay here as a recruit, or would it be all right to move on to the Adventurer Guild? I'm fine either way. :)

I've been wondering the same thing! I "started" a challenge a long time ago but I don't really count that one :P

• Like 1

I've been wondering the same thing! I "started" a challenge a long time ago but I don't really count that one :tongue:

It depends on how you feel about your challenge.  

@CyclingMimi, i know that you didn't complete due to illness/injury but you were still on the boards and interacting so i think you'd definitely be ready to move into a guild (I would recommend the Scouts, but the Adventurers are great too). 

@Nannoo, I'm not sure why you feel like it didn't count so I think you should use your discretion in this regard.  If you feel ready to move on then perhaps you should, however if you feel staying with us one more challenge would be more beneficial then I would recommend that. 

@Nannoo, I'm not sure why you feel like it didn't count so I think you should use your discretion in this regard.  If you feel ready to move on then perhaps you should, however if you feel staying with us one more challenge would be more beneficial then I would recommend that. 

I just don't count it because it was a really half-assed effort on my part, and I want to start fresh! So I'm considering this my first full challenge, where I actually follow through and work at improving myself instead of making excuses and being "too busy" to post on the forums and stuff!

G'day recruits :)

If any of you fancy trying out a PVP for some extra accountability, gentle exercise and all round rollicking good fun we're doing some walking again this challenge. Anyone is welcome to join in.

Thanks Endor.  Looks like fun!!

I just don't count it because it was a really half-assed effort on my part, and I want to start fresh! So I'm considering this my first full challenge, where I actually follow through and work at improving myself instead of making excuses and being "too busy" to post on the forums and stuff!

No problem.  You're welcome to stay with us. 

question, how do you put those cool progress bars in your signature?

I've tried but all I get is a bunch of 

1%%
1%%

wait that worked, how did that work?

hehehe.  Thanks for the chuckle so early in the morning ;) Glad you got it figured out. 

Hey everyone,

I hope you are all doing well in your 6 week challenges.  I have to give myself a big round of applause as for the last four days I have been 100% paleo, I have gone to bed by 10pm, I have only managed one lot of formal exercise so far have three days left so I need to train each day until Monday!!! 

I feel really good, I am on track for great success!  

• Like 6

Hey everyone,

I hope you are all doing well in your 6 week challenges.  I have to give myself a big round of applause as for the last four days I have been 100% paleo, I have gone to bed by 10pm, I have only managed one lot of formal exercise so far have three days left so I need to train each day until Monday!!! 

I feel really good, I am on track for great success!  

Go you!  :victorious: I have still got do all 3 of my strength training days between now and Sunday - O-O

• Like 1

Hi everyone.

I completed the first week of my 6 week challenge. I got to bed on time 6 nights out of 7. I ate paleo all week except on Saturday night at the cinema. I only did 1 session of strength training but the school holidays are over now and my normal routine can return. The big news is I have lost 4 3/4 lbs in weight!!!

I feel so much better, sleeping better, happier, nicer to my kids and husband. My stomach no longer feels bloated, my skin is clearing, I am not so hungry all the time. I wake up in a much better mood, work isn't so stressful, everything is improved.

I started a strength training programme today which is 3 sessions a week. I really enjoyed it. Next session planned for Wednesday.

I hope your challenges are going well, woo ha!!

• Like 2

Guys,

I already failed... I didn't work out yesterday because I am mega sick ... and today I ate a cookie :( 

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment. First time with her and hopefully she will guide me as to why I get so sick so often (even when pretty much everyone around me is sick too)

Hey, I've already failed twice during the first week. One was a legitimate fail and one was because of me prioritizing other things than my goals that day. Remember, you're still doing this. Failures happen. Cookies and illnesses happen. Just don't eat ALL the cookies and get back to working out as soon as you feel better. And allow yourself to rest if you don't.

• Like 4

Hey, I've already failed twice during the first week. One was a legitimate fail and one was because of me prioritizing other things than my goals that day. Remember, you're still doing this. Failures happen. Cookies and illnesses happen. Just don't eat ALL the cookies and get back to working out as soon as you feel better. And allow yourself to rest if you don't.

Thank you... to be honest, I was really freaking out yesterday for feeling so ill and not being able to workout... and today, I also had a bit of anxiety about eating that one cookie... this has never happened to me before! But also, I've never participated in a challenge like this and I really wanted a perfect score :D

• Like 1

Guys,

I already failed... I didn't work out yesterday because I am mega sick ... and today I ate a cookie :(

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment. First time with her and hopefully she will guide me as to why I get so sick so often (even when pretty much everyone around me is sick too)

Hey no biggie :D Perfect score next time, right? Plus you can't control getting sick. Don't worry! Keep trying, and just don't quit!

Missed two runs: last thursday, and a long run on Saturday. It's making me nervous because I have a race coming up on May 3rd, but I am also prepping for my PhD candidacy exam in a week so I am just a bit busy.... excuses excuses, will run today tho to get back on the horse.