The Juice Bar (please follow)

Blaidd

Alright, I'm still a little confused, probably because I have never played an actual RPG. I've read through some of the guides but I'm still not sure.

For my first quest, can I actually assign points to my quest? This would seem to indicate that you can't do that until your first quest is complete, but the guide for building a recruit quest seems to say otherwise.

TheMadEngineer the level 0 Human

My first challenge is here!

5%
5%

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."---JFK

I was under the impression - and I am hardly an expert - but that after finishing the first 3 weeks of our first challenge, we get 1 level and 10 points.  So right now, if you've never done a challenge, you're level 0.  After 3 weeks, you'll be level 1 with 10 attribute points spread out how you think are appropriate for where you are right now.  Then, at the end of the 6 week challenge you get another level and 5 more points to be spread out how you see fit, plus any extras from completing the mini challenges.  So, if successful in your challenge, you'll end at level 2 with at least 15 attribute points.  Then for future challenges, you get 1 level for each successfully completed challenge, and you're able to assign 15 points to your goals, earning the points based on how well you completed your goals.  And the points distribution should be related to your goals - so STR for lifting, etc.  

Here's a link to the resource (already linked above, but... meh).  Let me know if anyone interprets spezzy's article differently than I've laid out above.  Also... as a side note, I've just accidentally learned how to make inserting links easier, and I'm super excited. :)

And yeah, the L1 guide does seem to say that you can assign points to your quests now, but they're at least consistent about the number of points you get and the timing, so I think at this point, it's whichever way works best for you!  I think I've read somewhere that they don't want first timers to get too bogged down with the leveling and get distracted from their actual quests, so wanted to make it as simple as possible the first go around.

• Allocate attribute points (optional)At the end of week 3 you will be able to allocate 10 of those points to yourself based on what you've learnt and at the end of 6WC you will be able to attribute the final 5 points and level up. If you're not into attribute points or don't understand them, you don't need to use them. We are just trying to get you to award yourself for your hard work in a way that doesn't negatively affect your main quest (i.e. rewarding yourself with a cake party is not a good idea if you're trying to lose weight  :tongue: )

Level 3 Human Assassin

Challenges: 21

I was under the impression - and I am hardly an expert - but that after finishing the first 3 weeks of our first challenge, we get 1 level and 10 points.  So right now, if you've never done a challenge, you're level 0.  After 3 weeks, you'll be level 1 with 10 attribute points spread out how you think are appropriate for where you are right now.  Then, at the end of the 6 week challenge you get another level and 5 more points to be spread out how you see fit, plus any extras from completing the mini challenges.  So, if successful in your challenge, you'll end at level 2 with at least 15 attribute points.  Then for future challenges, you get 1 level for each successfully completed challenge, and you're able to assign 15 points to your goals, earning the points based on how well you completed your goals.  And the points distribution should be related to your goals - so STR for lifting, etc.  

Here's a link to the resource (already linked above, but... meh).  Let me know if anyone interprets spezzy's article differently than I've laid out above.  Also... as a side note, I've just accidentally learned how to make inserting links easier, and I'm super excited. :)

And yeah, the L1 guide does seem to say that you can assign points to your quests now, but they're at least consistent about the number of points you get and the timing, so I think at this point, it's whichever way works best for you!  I think I've read somewhere that they don't want first timers to get too bogged down with the leveling and get distracted from their actual quests, so wanted to make it as simple as possible the first go around.

• Allocate attribute points (optional). At the end of week 3 you will be able to allocate 10 of those points to yourself based on what you've learnt and at the end of 6WC you will be able to attribute the final 5 points and level up. If you're not into attribute points or don't understand them, you don't need to use them. We are just trying to get you to award yourself for your hard work in a way that doesn't negatively affect your main quest (i.e. rewarding yourself with a cake party is not a good idea if you're trying to lose weight  :tongue: )

Oh okay, so I should be a zero then? 

Edit: Done! : )

Phobos28km the level 2 Stone giant Scout 
STR 2.4|DEX 1.1|CON 2.2|STA 1.3|WIS 3.6|CHA 0.3
Current Challenge

My family garden blog

Okay so I kinda sucked my first week so I wanted to see if I could finsd any nerds in the Dallas area to help with some additional motivation. Even just a pep talk would be great at this point. I have a simple set of quests but little injuries are slowing me down. The good news is my diet has been great food intake has been pretty good compared to pre- challenge days, but still got a ways to go.

Kaintkwit the level 0 Human
Current challenge

Hey, I'm in DFW, up around Plano.  Hopefully I'm nerdy enough for ya lol.  How can I help?  I read your challenge, and it seems like yours goals are definitely attainable (and oh man, can I agree with the budget one... that needs to be in my next challenge).  Considering they say that diet contributes 80-90% of your success, whether or not your injuries are slowing down your exercise, eating out less, even if it's one meal a week, can do nothing but good!  Slow and steady, as they say.  Honestly, I think you're on the right track!  You've made the decision to change and taking steps, big or small, to make that happen.  Having family in town can definitely throw a wrench in things, but picking yourself back up and starting fresh week 2 shows commitment!  PM me if you want to chat.  I also just saw your response in the DFW post, so maybe we can finally get that meet up together. :)

• Like 1

Level 3 Human Assassin

Challenges: 21

Are you supposed to update your progress in your challenge thread or your battle log? I've been keeping a battle log so far, but I don't think that anyone reads it. Which is totally fine btw, it's not very interesting, but I feel a bit silly just talking to myself.

• Like 1

Level 2 imp recruit. STR 5 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 0

Intro thread | Challenge thread | Battle log

Squat progress (35 kg - 50 kg)

0%
0%
Deadlift progress (47.5 kg - 50 kg)
0%
0%
My very tiny weight loss journey (53 kg - 50 kg). Current weight 52,3 kg.
23%
23%

Are you supposed to update your progress in your challenge thread or your battle log? I've been keeping a battle log so far, but I don't think that anyone reads it. Which is totally fine btw, it's not very interesting, but I feel a bit silly just talking to myself.

I thinks it's kind of a whatever works.

ShadowFire

Level 2 Orc Assassin

STR: 3 ~ DEX: 3 ~STA: 3 ~ CON: 2 ~ WIS: 1 ~ CHA: 1

My Challenge

Getting My Priorities Straight.

I thinks it's kind of a whatever works.

Personally i don't mind it. Then i could write it offline to myself but then again the possibility of people reading it makes me more accountable in my quests. Been very good doing things this way in the past and so far i have been good with my challenge here. 

Though i use my challenge log atm :) 

Myself use my challenge log atm to focus on one thing. I'm a newbie on the forums but in the past have had great success posting logs on forums deticated to the topic i was involved with. So i know the "public" posting is better for me than just writing a personal journal. I feel more accountable and prouder to tell the people (if anybody is reading) about my wins :) 

Keep it up.. the habit is important i feel. Also helps you get into the habit of constantly looking at your position in relation to your goals :)

Challenge number 1 Progress

Progress in main quest collectively out of 42 days - 5.5 our of 6 weeks completed

100%
100%

Weight Loss challenge #1 - From 98 to 90kg. - Current: 94.6 kg

40%
40%

So I was originally going to wait until the next challenge to start but I figure there are still 4 weeks left. I'd  rather jump in with both feet and  struggle then possibly lose all motivation while waiting  to start. So I just post my challenge with the other recruits and get going right?  Also the battle logs are separate from the challenge logs (I get that ) are they ongoing or do they reset every challenge? 

~☆~BerBer ~☆~

LVL 1 Dwelf Assassin

STR: 0 | DEX : 0 | CON : 4.7 | STA : 3.7 | WIS : 2.80 | CHA : 1

Current Challenge

Battle Log

About Me

It took me FOREVER to find a pic that was small enough.  Are you having the same issue?

I had the same problem.  I found a free image resizing site online. Also I've found that alot of things are tricky when your doing them on a mobile  device vs a computer. Note to self : buy laptop

• Like 1

~☆~BerBer ~☆~

LVL 1 Dwelf Assassin

STR: 0 | DEX : 0 | CON : 4.7 | STA : 3.7 | WIS : 2.80 | CHA : 1

Current Challenge

Battle Log

About Me

It took me FOREVER to find a pic that was small enough.  Are you having the same issue?

If you're using a Windows-based computer, you can just use Paint for this. Open the file in Paint, then choose "Resize" from the ribbon and reduce the image size by whatever % you think will make it small enough. You can do this several times until you get under the maximum file size.

Meerkitten 

Level 2 Assassin 
Current challenge

"In wildness is the preservation of the world. So seek the wolf in thyself" - Metallica, Of Wolf and Man

So I have tried to change my profile photo a couple of different times, but it isn't working.

Any suggestions?

Also try a different browser.  Internet Explorer, especially, has a hard time with NF forums :(

So I was originally going to wait until the next challenge to start but I figure there are still 4 weeks left. I'd  rather jump in with both feet and  struggle then possibly lose all motivation while waiting  to start. So I just post my challenge with the other recruits and get going right?  Also the battle logs are separate from the challenge logs (I get that ) are they ongoing or do they reset every challenge? 

Jump right in whenever you feel like it.

Also battle logs don't reset, but the challenge logs are created every challenge.  I use my battle log to keep track of my challenge links so that if i need to refer back to a challenge then i have an easy place to find it (I am also currently using my battle log as a  challenge log because I am not partaking in 6 week challenges at the moment).

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Week 3 Mini quest is up for all you keen beans.

Just a word of advice, week 3 can be a toughy (it's a trend we've noticed and one I've fallen into myself a bajillion times) so if you feel like your motivation is flagging take a look at your goals and choose the one that is the most important to you.  Focus only on that goal and pick up the others when your motivation starts peaking again.

lightsabermishap.jpg

• Like 2

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

c4cherry

~~ Level 1 ~~

Challenge 1,  Challenge 2

"Eventually all things will fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moments, and know that everything happens for a reason" ~ Anon

~~~~ STR 2 | STA 3 | DEX 2 | CON 1.5 | WIS 1 | CHA 2 ~~~~

Hi everyone.

Week two completed, better than the first. I was 100% paleo this week, got all three strength training sessions done and got to bed on time every night.

Still feeling full of beans, happy, more patient with the kids, my aching joints aren't aching as much, and the big news - drum roll please - I have lost 7 lbs since the start of the challenge! I haven't been hungry, my appetite is much more steady, I have eaten plenty but have tried to stop once I feel satisfied not stuffed. I have had red wine and dark chocolate, not too much but it has made me feel indulgent without breaking out of paleo.

THINGS ARE GREAT. I hope you are doing really well, stick with it. We can do it! 😀

• Like 1

Hi. I am a 43 year old mum, married to Jim since 2006. I am a newbie to Nerd Fitness but have been training on and off for 2 years now. I never stick to anything that is my problem so this 6 week challenge is perfect for me. I am a recruit adventurer, I am level 0 but keen to level up! I have two children aged 7 and 5, a boy and a girl. My baby belly is my biggest goal - to tighten it up!

My 6 week challenge would be posted here but I don't know how, help!!

I need support and accountability to stop eating too much and not training enough.

I am at a total loss at how to do a link in my signature!!!

Could someone please give me a heads up on how to do this?

I have figured it out on other sites but it is not working for me here.

Thank You

LEVEL 2 ASSASSIN   

Jedi Spryte

"You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going.
Put Blinders on and Plow right ahead." George Lucas

STA 5 / DEX 2 / STR 4 / CON 1.66 / WIS .66 / CHA 0

Recruit Challenge
Current Challenge

5%
5%

Just highlight the words you want to link then click on the link button (below the size drop down) and paste the URL into the box that pops up.

Or you can be lazy and copy/paste this:

Current Challenge

;)

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Current Challenge (Jan 2021)