therealkat :: Caterpie -> Metapod -> Butterfree

thekatisalie

caterpie_metapod_butterfree_by_snowflake

Note: I am starting this week because it fits the timeline of my other goals better. Deal with it :P

Those who have followed me before know I've been struggling with focus. It's like I made it from Caterpie to Metapod but then I just got stuck. I'd like to be a Butterfree again. I'd like to make it through this plateau and through this challenge without falling off the face of the planet. So I'm setting some goals I know I can achieve because I have been planning on them for awhile and I'm finally determine. I think.

Main Quest:  Lose 4% of my total starting body weight (152lbs)

I need to lose 6.08 pounds to lose 4% of my current body weight. I can do this. It is entirely possible. I have been stuck on the plateau for too long, so I threw some skin in the game and joined Shaun T's DietBet challenge. I am hoping that the $30 buy in is enough to motivate me into really pushing myself these next 4 weeks.

Goal One: Complete the 21 Day Fix

I am leading and participating in a challenge group for the 21 Day Fix. It's both meal and workout focused and I need that. I need to do both in tandem. It seems like when I do one really well, the other suffers, so here is to daily workouts for 21 Days and daily meal plans.

Goal Two: Follow the 21 Day Fix Meal Plan

There is going to be temptation to sway off the 21 Day Fix meal plan I have spent many hours creating for myself. I will not do it. I won't. I can't. Our grocery bill is going to be higher these next 3 weeks and I need to do right by our finances and right by my determination to stay on track and eat what I say I am going to eat. No extra snacks, no skipping my meal for a treat at work... I got this.

Goal Three: Core Work 3x Per Week

I have a little vanity goal for CONVergence and that is to wear my Launch (Dragon Ball) costume without feeling shy. That means I need to focus on getting that ab work done so my tummy tightens enough to feel comfortable walking around half naked :tongue:

Life Side Quest: Finish a Book

Self explanatory. I don't take enough time to read lately. I play DCUO and Summoners War and think about reading. I will finish Scarlett (Lunar Chronicles book 2) before the end of this challenge.

• Like 3

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

6.6/6.08 pounds lost - Current Weight: 145.4

109%
109%

21/21 days complete

100%
100%

21/21 days complete

100%
100%

15/18 days complete

83%
83%

136/452 pages read

30%
30%
  • Like 1

Strong core is awesome!!!! But for abs the drop in bf percent will do more for definition than the actual core work. The core work will make the rest of you stronger though so it's always fantastic to have goals centered around that!

What kind of books are you thinking about, do you have one picked or are you thinking about one this week? 

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

giphy.gif

**sets up hammock and prepares to lurk as usual**

• Like 2

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Yes, Pokemon has made me cry a few times. The whole Butterfree saga… hnggggguh.

I am planning to read the second book in the Lunar Chronicles, Scarlet. I’m actually planning to start my challenge a week early because it lines up with my personal goals better!

And YES!! Dropping body fat through the 21 Day Fix AND working on my core will hopefully help me reach my goals with my core work :D

• Like 1

Note: I am starting a week early because it lines up with my goals better. Deal with it :tongue:

So far, so good. The first 21 Day Fix workout - Total Body Cardio Fix - was intense. I felt pretty pathetic switching from my 5 pound weights to my 2.5 pound weights... but it was super killer on shoulders. I am going to try to push through with my 5 next week. The combo of muscle and intense cardio is so hard on my stupid heart, though... I don't want to make it explode just because I wanted to do one more squat to wood chopper. Feeling a little sore. I spent part of the day constantly thinking about food. Probably because I have to eat every 2-3 hours and watching the clock made me hungrier than I actually was. Officially weighed in for DietBet. Read on lunch and at home. Wahoo! Here we go.

0.4/6.08 pounds lost - Current Weight: 151.6

7%
7%

1/21 days complete

5%
5%

1/21 days complete

5%
5%

0/18 days complete

6%
6%

111/452 pages read

25%
25%
  • Like 1

@Eric haha, no worries. Have you see the MN Meet up thread?? http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/31099-mplsst-paul-nerds/

• Like 1

Stalker checking in.  Just saying hi, actually.

Subbed, not stalking, because I'm local enough for that to be creepy...

This.   :lol:

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Day two, woot. The Upper Fix was easier than the Total Body Cardio Fix. In the last week of the 21 Day Fix, you have an option to do doubles -- they just can't be done back to back. I will be on vacation, so it might actually work to do one in the morning and one in the evening. Pretty excited about that. My mom can join me or watch awkwardly :P Our room has a living room with DVD player. I also have On Demand with Beachbody, so I can take my laptop to the gym area and stream any of my workouts (because Beachbody is boss like that).

Autumn sneaks a little ab work into every workout, it seems. I think tonight I will do Lower Fix and 10 Minute Ab Fix... And probably cry tomorrow from all the pain, but it will be GOOD.

I am finding that I mindlessly drink when I am not focusing on a diet. Odd, I know. But last night I thought "a beer would be good right now" and reminded myself I didn't have any carbs (yellow containers) left for the day, so it wasn't an option and I was instantly ok with that.

No reading last night. I got home and got sucked into my DCUO hero mission. Oops. Played for almost 3 hours... Didn't even hear the husband come home...

On to day 3!

Yesterday was really trying on my neurotic planning brain. We had a meeting that went from noon until 4, which went over my normal lunch and afternoon snack. The only food provided was cookies. I had my meal plan set for the day, so this curveball really irked me. I tried to eat my breakfast and morning snack earlier and ear lunch before the meeting, but I just wasn't hungry. I don't want to eat when I'm not hungry. I had a big blood sugar crash and the meeting was so stressful that I ate a cookie and just adjusted my containers for dinner around it. I was so stressed and blah afterwards that I wanted to go home and skip my workout and just sleep, but I pushed play anyway and felt better after. I was starving by dinner and inhaled my meal. My post-dinner snack was refreshing (vanilla bean greek yogurt with hemp hearts and strawberries for dipping). I didn't read at all, because I passed out at 8pm on the couch...

Still, it was a good lesson in being flexible, even when on a 'strict' meal plan.

This week has been very emotionally draining on me. I am a true introvert in that I can only regain my energy by being alone. I’ve had to be “on†so much at work this week that I am emotionally and physically exhausted. It’s made workouts hard. It’s may regaining that energy hard… My husband has been so energetic when he gets home that I just want to cry. It’s sort of that “I love you, but I need to be alone right now†kind of feeling. And I won’t really get a break until Sunday. Tomorrow I have to be on, on, on all day again!

I might make my meal plan tonight and then lock myself in the bedroom reading until I fall asleep.

Still, I am eating well. I am working out daily. Yesterday was Pilates Fix, an active recovery day. Today is Cardio Fix, and I’m already dreading it because I am SO TIRED.

Here’s to hoping Sunday will be quiet. Except for having to make all my food for the week. And workout. And do laundry.

• Like 1

Not doing too bad for the first week. Like I predicted, I would lose a bunch of weight in the first week just from bloat and water weight. I officially weighed in on my DietBet at 154 and was still at 151.2 this morning when I weighed in. I have been so stuck in the rut that I hope to bust through and at least get to sub 150's this week. It's really frustrating to be doing everything 'right' yet not really seeing any gains. Either way, the 21 Day fix is teaching me more about portions and frequency of meals and balanced food for the day than I thought it would, so I can translate this into daily life pretty well. Yes, it sucks being "that person" who can't go out for now because of my restricted meals, but I think I could do pretty well staying on track at a restaurant. Still, I'd prefer to only eat out when I'm in an off week. Then I would enjoy it more and not feel so bad about my meal plan.

On track with food. On track with exercise... So far so good!

0.8/6.08 pounds lost - Current Weight: 151.2

13%
13%

7/21 days complete

33%
33%

7/21 days complete

33%
33%

3/18 days complete

17%
17%

111/452 pages read

25%
25%
  • Like 2

Not doing too bad for the first week. Like I predicted, I would lose a bunch of weight in the first week just from bloat and water weight. I officially weighed in on my DietBet at 154 and was still at 151.2 this morning when I weighed in. I have been so stuck in the rut that I hope to bust through and at least get to sub 150's this week. It's really frustrating to be doing everything 'right' yet not really seeing any gains. 

Sounds like you're doing really great to me, actually!  Keep up the strong work!  :)

• Like 1

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

I get the introvert thing. I have one place where I don't mind interacting with other humans, and that's my gym. Everything else is an effort to one degree or another, and last week I had a couple extra meetings both in and outside work and it was exhausting.

ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u1.png

Great job starting on track - good starts set us up to succeed.

• Like 3

Jedi Knight - Current ChallengeBattle Log - Epic Quest

Not doing too bad for the first week. Like I predicted, I would lose a bunch of weight in the first week just from bloat and water weight. I officially weighed in on my DietBet at 154 and was still at 151.2 this morning when I weighed in. I have been so stuck in the rut that I hope to bust through and at least get to sub 150's this week. It's really frustrating to be doing everything 'right' yet not really seeing any gains. Either way, the 21 Day fix is teaching me more about portions and frequency of meals and balanced food for the day than I thought it would, so I can translate this into daily life pretty well. Yes, it sucks being "that person" who can't go out for now because of my restricted meals, but I think I could do pretty well staying on track at a restaurant. Still, I'd prefer to only eat out when I'm in an off week. Then I would enjoy it more and not feel so bad about my meal plan.

On track with food. On track with exercise... So far so good!

I'm on a cut and thought I'd be seriously hindered with going out and all that. I was surprised how easy it is to ask for plain grilled chicken and grean beans- They charge you like 10 bucks for it, but you'd pay that for a calorie loaded meal anyways and it lets you get out with people too. I'm 'THAT' person who orders off the menu but it's a fairly simple request so I don't feel too bad. I'm paying more for them doing less work!

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I tend to order off the menu no matter what – husband is a chef and he always tells me there is no more sure way to get your food messed with than to ask for something that isn’t on the menu. :P It’s a chef’s biggest pet peeve. I’m also not bold enough to do it. I plan to, however, ask for bun-less burgers, fruit instead of fries, etc. I don’t like to restrict too much when I go out because going out IS a treat. It doesn’t have to be a 1500 calorie treat but I want to enjoy it and I damned well better if I am paying for it XD I’m willing to be pickier about going out and choose it on treat weeks or to just politely tell my friends no thank you, but next time! 21 Day Fix has been an eye-opener. I get it now. And I get where and what foods in my diet need to be treats and portions need to be reexamined!

• Like 2

I’m willing to be pickier about going out and choose it on treat weeks or to just politely tell my friends no thank you, but next time! 21 Day Fix has been an eye-opener. I get it now. And I get where and what foods in my diet need to be treats and portions need to be reexamined!

This. All of this for all of time.

• Like 1

Jedi Knight - Current ChallengeBattle Log - Epic Quest

Oh god... Puns. I LOVE THEM.

Yesterday was good. I made an absolutely delectable chicken piccata for dinner. You know one thing the 21 Day Fix has taught me? Well, other than how to properly cook a chicken breast... It's taught me that I can make great tasting, healthy foods that won't break my day. Don't get me wrong, Carl makes amazing food for us, but I eat too much of it or I always feel like I want bread with it... But I have been feeling lately like well seasoned veggies and a tasty chicken done one of a million ways... PERFECT.

Total Body Cardio Fix was very tough the first time. This time, not so terrible, but still hard. I can't wait to see if I slay it next week.

I even got to read a little yesterday.

BOOM.

• Like 3

Oh god... Puns. I LOVE THEM.

lettuce-know-meme-generator-no-vegetable

33614759f298dd5c551da2e1dd24b82e.jpg

994f1e75510af346f51e303f98194348.jpg

(yes, I did just make a semi coherent statement out of veggie pun memes....that is if you carrot all....tehehe)

• Like 3

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge