Breakthroughers, it's our time!

All those who want to better themselves, get healthy, and be a part of the best team ever welcome! Introduce yourself, tell us your challenge goal, and give us your why.

I'm Jerem The Great. I'm the inventor of such wonders as the kale-puccino. My challenge goal is to hit the gym at least twice a week, lose 3% body fat, and eat better, which is all tied into bodybuilding. Why? Because late this coming summer, my wife wants to be pregnant, and I don't want to be the dad that can't play with his kid. Because my wife deserves a strong, dependable husband who isn't constantly uncomfortable with his body. Because I deserve to look and feel good for the first time since puberty.

I deserve the best I can give me.

• Like 2

Jerem The Great

Level 0 Satyr. Warrior at heart, training with the Recruits
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0 

I am Artemis12. You can just call me Artemis. I am the instigator of the DDT pushups (Downward Dog Transition pushups). My goals are to strength train three times a week, static stretch four times a week, and isometric stretch everyday. I would love to lose 5% body fat, but so far no luck on that front ... at all. Why? All my life I have not been very strong. I have always been considered skinny. But what good is being skinny if you aren't strong, at least strong enough to manipulate your own weight. It was only a few months ago that I accomplished my first full pushup, ever. I don't want to be that person behind the desk that is constantly tired and who hates their life. I want to be active, I want to move, and I want to do something with my life. Those are pretty hard to do if you don't have to strength to do it.

• Like 2

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

I'm Jerem The Great. I'm the inventor of such wonders as the kale-puccino.

I deserve the best I can give me.

Is there really something called a kale-puccino?  As a coffee addict, and with a leafy green goal for my challenge, it would really help me out ;)

• Like 1

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Take kale (or spinach), add in some unsweetened cocoa powder (or cacao nibs), your favorite type of milk, and coffee. BAM! Kale-puccino. I doctor mine with cinnamon and nutmeg, occasionally carnation instant breakfast for extra vitamins.

• Like 1

Jerem The Great

It's pretty delicious! It fills you up too, which is great, because actually eating early in the morning makes me hungrier. I add in some protein powder most of the time to keep me full longer. 

Open note: If you improve on it, let me know! I'm interested in making the kale-puccino better :D

Jerem The Great

Good morning Breakthroughers! It is the dawn of a new challenge and I feel like we're set to conquer! *War Face*

So, I named the minis based off of a Doctor Who episode..... I'm a nerd like that. 

Mini challenge 1:

I name thee: Eagle Scout

Create a list of at least 6 steps to your ideal you in fitness/health

Jerem The Great

Hi!  I'm Leimanu.   Been on the boards a long time, but only recently have been finishing challenges.  It's a skill :)  

My Main Goal an WHY: Be able to complete a Hot Shot fitness test - firefighters who fight wild fires: carry your heavy pack for miles, fight the fire, carry it all back.  Also, be a full-time paleo cavewoman.

My career goal may be in International Aid.

I want to eat better, have more balance to my diet, and lose weight.  I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to eatin' and don't want to have to think about constantly, so I'm doing it by steps.  In the last couple challenges, I've made it a habit to drink more water and get in more protein.

My current challenge goals hit on all of that:

1.  1850 cal/day 5d/wk OR 12950 cal/week.

Food logging = blergh.  Lazy Leimanu is lazy.  

2.  3 servings leafy greens a day, 5d/wk.

Ultimate goal, eat like a woman from TEDtalk.  Amongst her diet is 9 cups of veg a day!

3.  One HIIT workout a week.

I got myself lifting 3d/wk, now for a little cardio.  My stamina is nill these days.

4.  1 hr of professional development a week.

Clean email accounts, research companies, link up on LinkedIn of people having interesting careers or went to grad school for this, research grad school, etc.  As long as I get on it, should be easy to fill an hour, but I haven't done any of this in three months, so I had to make it a challenge goal.

If I earn a B or higher - I'll volunteer and/or register for Tough Mudder Central FL, Nov 7/8.

I got nerd-skillz, but sometimes I lose some serious nerd-cred on this site.  Not a gamer, don't know comic books, and never seen an episode of Dr. Who!  Is it still on Netflix?

I do adore the recent Sherlock series, so I feel like I know the Steve Moffit-flavor.

Hey Leimanu!

Yes, the good Doctor is still on Netflix! It amazes and astounds!

What part of Central FL? I'm out of the Tampa area. Register! You can whip a Tough Mudder!

The why is your reason. Like WHY do you want to do the Hot Shot Test? Has it been a dream for a long time, or maybe you have a friend family member who did it and you want to beat their score? Eating Paleo because it makes you feel good or because it helps you lose weight? I.E., I'm using bodybuilding to up my Testosterone and as a format to lose weight and gain muscle, and I'm getting healthy for my family.

I love your goals though! Hard but achievable, which is perfect!

Jerem The Great

Body and health of my dreams!

Step 1: Begin taking back control of my nutrition

Step 2: Lift like my life depends on it (it does!)

Step 3: Learn proper meal preparation

Step 4: Research proper supplementation

Step 5: Begin working on symmetry

Step 6: Consider competing in bodybuilding competition

Jerem The Great

Step 1: Pay attention to my emotions and behaviors

Step 2: Push a little further on everything right before I stop (fitness, life, goals, etc.)

Step 3: Strength train three times a week, progressing each time

Step 4: Constantly stretch, getting further each time

Step 5: Stop procrastinating

Step 6:  Enjoy the little things

Breakthroughs:

One, I think I went on my first date ever last night.

Two, my parkour instructor said that from my first day I have made excellent progress. He even said it was better than expected! Pretty excited about that.

• Like 1

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Just stopping in to say hi quick. I'll get my list up soon.  Doctor Who- I'm excited that you want to check it out. I was very resistant in the beginning when my hubby was watching it. He bugged me to watch it with him and I declined after walking in at the worst moments."No, this is too weird."  Finally he convinced me to watch the first episode. It was a little strange, but not bad. It took us a while, but we eventually saw them all and we can't wait for the next season. 

• Like 1

Lady Feowyn Miread of Eldavar

You have no idea what you're capable of, you didn't create you.

Megathirio Discord- https://discord.gg/kr2YCJM