Good morning everyone! Oxymoron though it is lol. It is the dawn of week 3, and we're coming into the slump weeks, so this mini is about changing mindset and pre-empting them. If you're anything like me, the hard part about this week's mini is narrowing down which one you'll use.....

Mini challenge 3:

I name thee: Edison

Admit a time when things proved they didn’t work in fitness/health and how you fixed them

• Like 1

Jerem The Great

Level 0 Satyr. Warrior at heart, training with the Recruits
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0 

May I join?

My name is schnln01, my goal is to loose 100 lbs eventually. Right now I want to start the process by reducing soda intake, increasing water intake, and getting some exercise in so I can have as much time with my family as possible.

Welcome! Those are great first steps toward your goal!  A lifestyle change is tough, don't beat yourself up if you slip up a few times, but keep at it and it will make a difference.

Personal record: I jogged two miles consecutively. My last record was 1.5 miles. The only times I stopped were to blow my nose and fix the stupid tongue in my shoe.

I don't think I've ever done a mile without  some walking. Great job!

Sorry I'm late! Pre-finals week is killing me lol

Welcome to the team Schnln! Always happy to have new people!

Personal record: one 30 lbs dumbbell curl per arm. It hurt SO good!

Woohoo!

Breakthrough of the week: I just now did my update for last week, which wasn't super. I didn't track my food near as much as I should have and my water goal was out the window, but I'm not devastated and feeling like a failure. Even though I didn't do super great, I still had a bit of a gain last week. It may not be fast or totally right, but I am going the right direction and I'm choosing to focus on that.

• Like 1

Lady Feowyn Miread of Eldavar

You have no idea what you're capable of, you didn't create you.

Megathirio Discord- https://discord.gg/kr2YCJM   

Breakthrough of the week: I just now did my update for last week, which wasn't super. I didn't track my food near as much as I should have and my water goal was out the window, but I'm not devastated and feeling like a failure. Even though I didn't do super great, I still had a bit of a gain last week. It may not be fast or totally right, but I am going the right direction and I'm choosing to focus on that.

You've got some great outlooks on it! Keep that positive attitude going! :)

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Breakthrough:I did my 5k today, and I jogged the entire thing! I only stopped to blow my nose twice and I had to fix the tongue on my shoe quite a few times, but those only took a total of five seconds each, and there was absolutely no walking! At stations along the route the volunteers threw colored corn starch on us. When I got home I was covered in blue, green, pink, yellow, and orange dust. The entire last half of the 5k was into the wind, and where I live the wind speed was 12-15 mph. That's a typical breeze. :)  I still made it though and I'm so happy about that. Oh, I also have a sunburn on my face and neck. It'll probably be gone by tomorrow afternoon. I am never sunburned for long.

As far as the mini-challenge goes, it is a week early for me. This week I'm planning on some experimentation regarding the times I eat my meals to see if that makes any difference in my fat loss.

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

I'm so sorry everybody! Taking the bus to my work has been killing me! I'll update with last week's mini answer soon.... Sorry this is rushed, but it's bed time.

Artemis, good job surviving finals!

Feowyn, that's a great step! Just getting to the "a mistake doesn't mean I'm a failure" is a hard, but wonderful, step in the right direction.

Mini challenge 4:

I name thee: Miyagi

Tell us what inspires you and/or motivate four people through slump time

Jerem The Great

Level 0 Satyr. Warrior at heart, training with the Recruits
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0 

So, I pretty much wrecked my shin today. I was practicing Parkour with my teacher and as I was jumping up onto a 1 1/2 ft wall my left leg didn't get up there and it scrapped big time on the edge and I ended up twisting and landed on my butt on the wall. This was after I nailed the area right below my left knee cap on another wall edge. We were standing around waiting for the pain to subside a little before we continued and my leg felt a little cool where I had scrapped it. Turns out it was bleeding. When I got home and washed it, it had already bruised up and the inside of my pants had blood and skin attached. There is actually a gash on my shin. I can tell exactly where on the bricks I had impacted based on the scrap pattern on my leg. It's surprisingly very cool, at least for me. :)

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge