BlackTezcas' 3rd Trial: An Artsy, Geeky Amazon Must FIGHT...In STYLE!

BlackTezca

I did Madoka Magica a few weeks back!  Another good one!   

The gifs you've shared from Fate/Stay Night look amazing --- so might have to give that one a check next.   Is it a secondary/continuation of something earlier, or is that the first thing, or stand alone, or what?

Oh.  Ever seen "K"  (K Project)   It showed up on Netflix so I watched 2 episodes, and ... meh, I like the style and there are some snazzy looking characters, but I dunno ... very flat so far.  

Oh and yes.   The entire reason that dress is remotely attractive to me is due to the Assassins Creed like style lol!

The original Fate/Stay Night visual novel has three main routes:

Fate/Stay Night

Fate/Stay Night UBW

Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel.

So it's more like an alternate continuity.  Each route seems to be based on who you choose as your main romantic interest; first one is Saber, UBW is Rin, and Heaven's Feel is Sakura.  So you don't need to watch one 'route' before watching another 'route' since these are all alternate continuities.  However, depending on the route, you can more background into certain characters or aspects of the universe after others.  So I definitely need to see the original series as well.

I have not see the K-project and...I may not based on your starting opinion of it :tongue:.  Doesn't sound like something I enjoy since style and snazzy characters are not enough to keep my interest.

I definitely think that not only does that have dress have good cosplay potential, I also think it'll be great for Fall!

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Aha, thanks chica!  Noooow I get it!    And you recommend UBW as a good starting point.   Gotcha!

Edit: And now I stop spamming your thread with anime.

• Like 1

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

In a different color, that would made an awesome female Assassins Creed type cosplay (you know, since ubisoft thought it was too hard to do a female Assassin character model...or whatever bullshit they stated :grumpy:).  

These heroic girls' cosplay response to that statement always makes me laugh... :)

2592525-cosplay.jpg

• Like 3

level 4 medusa monk

STR 6 | STA 5 | DEX 5 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 4

challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)

myfitnesspal | fitbit | habitrpg

sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

Hahah that's amazing cosplay there, LOVE IT!

• Like 1

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

I will say that I will always accept anime, cosplay, movies, and all sorts of discussions!  

These heroic girls' cosplay response to that statement always makes me laugh... :)

2592525-cosplay.jpg

That is a fantastic response.  I mean I get that male and female bodies are different but COME ON.  A company with that much money, planning on opening a goddamn movie studio, can't create a protagonist character model from the OTHER MILLIONS OF FEMALE NPCS WALKING AROUND IN THE SAME BLOODY GAME?!

large.gif

But that's another long, angry rant that I have done millions of time.  The hubs and my friends tend to be entertained by my rants, so if you can think of something that happened, or an article that was written that may contain a RANT trigger, please post it here so you can hear my fury.  Cause man that thing that Ubisoft said was sooooo mmmmmmuch bullshit.

Anywho!  Today is FRIDAY! 

ku-medium.gif

I'm very happy that it's Friday.  Go home, relax...maybe do a little of work over the weekend but mostly just enjoy Saturday and Sunday...as well as SLEEP IN!!!  I'm so excited for that.  I love staying up late and then sleeping in...just so lovely.   There will be yard work to be done over the weekend which is not so nice but considering that I only did a walk and a very short stretching routine yesterday, perhaps some yard work on Sunday may do me some good.  Especially since it'll also be lovely and sunny!  

Even though I'll be picking up after the dogs...right.  STILL OUTSIDE IN THE SUN!  YAY!!

Day 33

tumblr_inline_n8scqlREQm1rao9bl.gif

(Does anyone else ship Mako and Gamogoori?  I'm happy with her and Ryuko, but Mako and Gamo contrast nicely too)

Side Quest 1: Once a week, do a SUPER EPIC WORKOUT!

Day 33 Details:  Yesterday, I did do a nice lunch walk and while I did stretch somewhat at night, it was much shorter than intended due to getting sucked into the Ana picture and FINALLY having a solid sketch done.  So it was a bit less 'active' than planned.  But with yard work to be done over the weekend, I think another, more active kind of rest day is coming.  Today I did a 30 minute leg strength routine!  Not super hard, but with jump squats between sets, I was getting pretty sweaty!  Numbers below:

Long Lunges @ 17 lb per hand @ 2 * 8 (8 per leg)

Curtsy Lunges @ 17 lb per hand @ 2 * 8 (8 per leg)

Deadlifts @ 20 lb per hand @ 3 * 8

Ski Squats @ 20 lb per hand @ 3 * 8

Weighted Bridge @ 40 lb total @ 2 * 8

Side Quest 2: Try out a martial art once a week until one is found by the end of this challenge.  If one is found before the end of the challenge, do this martial art class at least once a week.

Day 33 Details: I also went to kickboxing this morning and oh goodness that was HARD.  A lot of conditioning along with all the punches, pivots, teeps and push kicks ,etc etc.  It was a ton of fun but man I was tired.  I once again remembered why I love hooks so much; the sound.  That beautiful hard, clean hit from my hooks is addicting and I love punching so hard and so much power so that the landing sends echoes throughout the building  and yet the bag barely moves.  The class was very small, but the other woman with me had a bit of wide eyes hearing my punches and Gigi took note that I tend to sacrifice technique in order to give more power on my kicks or punches (she had to remind me to pivot, or step, and to take note of my positioning...which is a struggle when I just want to punch things).  I do need to keep working on technique; though I love the sound and really loved how power my arms looked on those hooks, I do need to be attentive on my pivots and movements.

Life Quest:  Once a week, post a photo or link to at least item to add to a spring/summer wardrobe.

Day 33 Details: So even though I bought things Tuesday, I gave into my urges and went a bought one more thing from Kohls:

cute red sandles.  They were only $15 and I really like red and they would go well with the dress I bought among all the other red things I own.  So cute!

706704_170x100.png

Art Quest: REQUEST TIME!!!  Have five requests from NerdFitness friends and draw (sketch, full painting, etc) that request!

Day 33 Details: So I finally gave in and decided to go for a cute funny little image of Ana dreaming about being the Phoenix and protecting a chibi version of Elsa.  I just...I couldn't let go of that sketch I started and thankfully OpenCanvas has an event feature that keeps history of an image, as long as you kept working on the same file.  So I was able to go back to that point in history and start the image anew.

Here is a WIP of my rather silly but cute idea:

princess_anas__dream_wip_by_artistically

I hope you all like it so far!  Especially you stillskies!

Monk Mini Challenge 5: Focusing on the art and water triggers today.  Don't think I'll need anything new for today nor this weekend.  I'm not doing extra activity beyond stretching today cause I'm pooped.  Kickboxing was a shit ton of fun but man also a tough workout.

That's all for today everybody!  Have a fantabulous weekend my NerdFitness peeps!! WOO!  TIME TO PARTY!

ibiEYA598ZjfqM.gif

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

tumblr_inline_n8scqlREQm1rao9bl.gif

(Does anyone else ship Mako and Gamogoori?  I'm happy with her and Ryuko, but Mako and Gamo contrast nicely too)

^^  UM YES TOTALLY?   I absolutely did.    And it was adorable!  (In my brain!)

Also, once again, listening to anime soundtracks while perusing threads came up with brilliance.

Clicky the youtube button.   Then watch the Patrick Stewart gif compliments of blacktezca.

Enjoy.  (This keeps happening totally on its own.)

http://youtu.be/qvauxQBpS8w

ku-medium.gif

• Like 1

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

^^  UM YES TOTALLY?   I absolutely did.    And it was adorable!  (In my brain!)

Also, once again, listening to anime soundtracks while perusing threads came up with brilliance.

Clicky the youtube button.   Then watch the Patrick Stewart gif compliments of blacktezca.

Enjoy.  (This keeps happening totally on its own.)

http://youtu.be/qvauxQBpS8w

ku-medium.gif

79162-arya-stark-GURL-gif-Game-of-Th-ert

You think of the craziest things...and yes...yes those two compliment each other so well.

Okay so I'm not the only one!  I know there is fandom for Ryuko & Mako but I also like Gamo & Mako as well!

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

I found this guide for drawing people. I thought it was really useful, so hopefully you can get some good stuff from it, too.

http://imgur.com/gallery/i33yp

I personally find the owl tutorial to be amazingly useful :P.

Thank you for this guide!  This will help me when trying to render different characters with different facial structures!  Awesome :D.

Short and quick update for today!  Gonna make it a single paragraph than force the bullet point.

Day 34

63f.gif

Since I woke up really sore and stiff today, I making today my second rest day.  This time a bit more restful than planned due to the BLOODY WEATHER derailing doing some yard work and depending on how bad it gets, possible packing party plans with starsapart and stillskies.  I still have a few hours to go before then, but count me in as someone who really wants it to clear up.  Between the flood of 2013 when I had to drive down to Colorado Springs two nights before my wedding and it was a fucking monsoon, spinning out in winter, and then MORE rain this year, I'm a little paranoid.

o020L86.gif

So I'm hoping for not down pouring rain and hopefully just sprinkles here and there to handle.  If anything I can take the slow and steady route up there and back down home, so no biggie.  Should work out, besides, I'm owed delicious food and also plenty of tea!

Continuing to work on Phoenix Ana picture.  Hoping to get the detailed sketched practically done to start inking tonight or tomorrow since I didn't do any art last night due to laziness and wanting to veg.  Doing a bit of cheating a bit today as well with some beer and pizza and cinnamon sticks!  Yummy.  Goes well with the resting I am doing right now.

It should overall be a really relaxing weekend so far.  I shall do a workout tomorrow (before yardwork, which will really make me sore due to needing to cut down some branches) and I'll be back to doing some bullet points then :D.  Have a fantastic Saturday everyone!

a31.gif

(This has to be shared...Nipple laser rave...)

Spoiler

---

---

---

Hey that's super cool that you're trying to get into drawing! It took me a little while to break into it but it's a very zen hobby to have! Hope you got that workout in with all the rain!

Hehe thanks!  I've been drawing for a while and not sure if I can call it a zen hobby but it is an awesome and fun hobby for me and I really enjoy getting back into it!  I definitely got in a workout today, before the rain thankfully so yay me!!

It'd been a pretty laidback weekend so far!  I managed to get to starsapart and stillskies yesterday for a bit of a packing and anime watching party, and starsapart made a delicious frittata!  Yummy.  The weather wasn't too bad yesterday, which was great!  I ended up staying up way...way late powering through the Princess Ana art so you'll hear more about in my status.  The hubs and I spent a lot of time working on the backyard; the grass had gotten crazy tall, like a freaking jungle...

tumblr_m5ubm71Kqn1qez3reo2_500.gif

(Beware the tall grass.  Hiddlesticks is coming...)

So that was a bitch and half to mow and also, due to the late snow we had a few weeks ago, a few branches needed to be cut down so we spend a bit of time breaking down a good portion of those branches for trash pick up this following Friday.  There is still a giant branch that requires chainsawing we will need to decimate and that's gonna be a pain to cut down to fit into trash bags.

I am also slightly frightened of seeing my husband with a chainsaw.

chainsaw-goofy-o.gif

Tomorrow I'll be getting off work early in order to check out the MYTHIC CREATURES exhibit in the Denver Nature and Science Museum.  That's gonna be so much fun!   I can't wait to check it out.  Also has anyone watched the new Mad Max movie?  I've heard fantastic things so I'm wondering if its' a must have for my summer movie list.  Looks like a ton of post-apocalyptic fun so let me know!

Anywho!  Onward to my status!

Day 35

kill-la-kill-23.gif

Day 35 Details:  I did upper body focused strength training routine with some cardio mixed in.  Not HIIT since I'll be doing that tomorrow, but still pretty tough on my arms, which did not help when I did some yard work.  Tried to push myself a bit with the amount of weight but still couldn't do one of the sets without lowering the weight.  Oh well.  Here are some numbers!

Chest Fly @ 17 lb per hand @ 2 * 10

Reverse Fly @ 9 lb per hand @ 2 *10

Arnold Press @ 17 lb per hand @ 2 * 10

Dumbbell Pullover @ 20 lb total @ 2 * 10

Bicep Curl @ 14 lb per hand @ 2 * 10

Tricep Extension @ 14 lb per hand @ 2 * 10

Ventral Raise @ 7 lb per hand @ 2 * 10

Dorsal Raise @ 7 lb/ 5 lb @ 2 * 10 (I kept switching in and out)

I also did 31 push ups afterwards (essentially to failure) with 22 of those being full pushups, and 43 supine pushups (to failure as well), so I am getting stronger.  I was really proud of those 22 full push ups.  It was an awesome feeling :D.

Side Quest 2: Try out a martial art once a week until one is found by the end of this challenge.  If one is found before the end of the challenge, do this martial art class at least once a week.

Day 35 Details: Did this Monday and Friday

Life Quest:  Once a week, post a photo or link to at least item to add to a spring/summer wardrobe.

Day 35 Details: Didn't do any shopping this weekend, and I need to think of where to find some nice blouses that would be good for work and also for hanging out as well.  That will be for week 6!

Art Quest: REQUEST TIME!!!  Have five requests from NerdFitness friends and draw (sketch, full painting, etc) that request!

Day 35 Details: I have a second WIP to show you all:

princess_anas__dream_wip_2_by_artistical

I have essentially the sleeping Anna part fully colored, but not shaded!  I shall work on that tomorrow after I have the dream Anna and Elsa fully colored.  That way I can decide on how I'm gonna shade the two different parts.  They'll have to be shaded different due to the lighting going to be very different between the two parts.  I also have comic book style fonts and quote boxes in there too because WHY NOT!  That was a lot of fun to do :D.

Monk Mini Challenge 5: I have to say that I definitely followed the workout triggers.  The water trigger for the weekend I was not that good with, but I did drink a full 64 oz today.  Art kept me motivated but not due to the triggers I set up...oh well.

That's all I have for today!  But it looks like week 6 starts tomorrow!  So it must be time for my...

Week 5 Summary:

Results: Did the shortest and yet most painful one of these last Wednesday

Week 5 Grade: A

Results: Did this Monday and Friday.  Really enjoying my kickboxing!

Life Quest: Once a week, post a photo or link to at least item to add to a spring/summer wardrobe.

Results:  I got a new pair of curvy fit jeans, a really cute white and navy blue striped dress, and some cute red sandals!  Now if only the weather can get nicer so I can wear the dress with these sandals sometime...

Art Quest: REQUEST TIME!!!  Have five requests from NerdFitness friends and draw (sketch, full painting, etc) that request!

Results: I am about 45% through stillskies requested image of Princess Anna from Frozen.  It's silly and I expect to finish it most likely by Wednesday, but I'm having a bit of fun with this one so maybe it will go by quickly!  Who knows?

Proof: http://artisticallystrange.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Anas-Dream-WIP-2-533780902

Monk Mini Challenge 5 Results: Though I didn't follow all my triggers consistently, I still wrote them down and when I had focused, I followed through.  I call that a win :D.

Week 5 Grade: Pass

KILL%2B24FINALMAS03gif.gif

Week 5 Final Grade: A

I have pushed past the shittiness that was week 4 and had a very productive week 5.  I have completed the Guyver image and already I'm rocking my way through Princess Ana.  I did kickboxing twice this week, even though I had planned on only doing it once this week and overall had a great time.  The extra rest days are helping me get back my energy and I think that's the way to go if I'm gonna do kickboxing; it's a hard workout that I need some recovery from.  Though I have one more week to go, I will say that I have had my fill of SUPER EPIC workouts.  I'll do one more and probably take a break from them and only do them when I so much energy that I need a challenge.  But making them weekly? 

tumblr_lkcpzstraA1qdlkgg.gif

That was a good lesson for me to have.  I'm not actually a comic book hero; I am flesh and blood, so yeah...no...not doing these for a little while.  But overall besides that lesson, this has been a fantastic week!  However there is one more to come...

I'm ready...for WEEK 6!!!

• Like 2

Spoiler

---

---

---

And now, for a poem, as inspired by the notion of Anna as the Phoenix.

To the tune of "Do You Want to Build a Snow Man." Dark Phoenix singing to Phoenix!Anna.

Also, it's metal.

Ahem. Hem hem. Herm. Hm.

DO YOU WANNA BUILD A FIRE

DO YOU WANNA WATCH IT BUUUUUUUUUURN

I NEVER SEE YOU ANY MORE

COME OUT THE DOOR

LET'S HEAR THE DOORKNOB TUUUUUUUUURN

AND THEN WE'LL EAT A PLAAAAAANET

OR MAYBE NOT

OR SOAR ACROSS THE SKYYYYYYYY

IT REALLY HAS TO BE A FIRE

#deathgrowl

• Like 3

And now, for a poem, as inspired by the notion of Anna as the Phoenix.

To the tune of "Do You Want to Build a Snow Man." Dark Phoenix singing to Phoenix!Anna.

Also, it's metal.

Ahem. Hem hem. Herm. Hm.

DO YOU WANNA WATCH IT BUUUUUUUUUURN

I NEVER SEE YOU ANY MORE

COME OUT THE DOOR

LET'S HEAR THE DOORKNOB TUUUUUUUUURN

AND THEN WE'LL EAT A PLAAAAAANET

OR MAYBE NOT

OR SOAR ACROSS THE SKYYYYYYYY

IT REALLY HAS TO BE A FIRE

#deathgrowl

Once again Kishi, you have such eloquence with words and poetry.  For this I have only one gif...

6LAf2v4.gif

Metal.

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

I LOVE THIS THREAD!  I LOVE THIS WOMAN!   I LOVE THESE GIFS!   I ... I ... I ....

OI96qO0.gif

Girl.   Man I adore hanging out here.  

Way to bust through week four and conquer week 5!   So amaze.    

Speaking of laser nipple raves.   Dude dressed up Mikisugi ... bare everything except for a really well made gadget belt, and yes, glowing purpler nipple lights!   I was gonna get a picture of him but couldn't catch up to him... so sadness.

The WIP is awesome too.   I love the whole concept behind it.   #fangirling   Ahem. 

I'm gonna go now before I just soak your thread with admiration drool.

749e32519af016bbf557ffe5b7f9b6b9.jpg

• Like 1

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

That WIP just keeps getting more epic.  I am in awe.

Ooooh, I love the manga lineart you're doing with the Ana pic. :D

I also love the idea that Ana dreams of having fire powers like her sister's ice powers. x3

Also, you're really rocking this challenge. Go Tezca!!

Schtaaaahhhhhhp, ya'll gonna make my head too big!!

tumblr_inline_n7cfo3VNqk1sz8ota.gif

(Actually had a costume idea for a military steampunk style Red Queen general carrying an axe.  That would be fun)

Thank you so much for your comments!  I'm really happy that ya'll are liking this so far!  This picture was fun to finally sketch once I got the idea so I'm glad it's a hit :D.

I LOVE THIS THREAD!  I LOVE THIS WOMAN!   I LOVE THESE GIFS!   I ... I ... I ....

OI96qO0.gif

Girl.   Man I adore hanging out here.  

Way to bust through week four and conquer week 5!   So amaze.    

Speaking of laser nipple raves.   Dude dressed up Mikisugi ... bare everything except for a really well made gadget belt, and yes, glowing purpler nipple lights!   I was gonna get a picture of him but couldn't catch up to him... so sadness.

The WIP is awesome too.   I love the whole concept behind it.   #fangirling   Ahem. 

I'm gonna go now before I just soak your thread with admiration drool.

749e32519af016bbf557ffe5b7f9b6b9.jpg

Awww thank you so much!  I'm really happy that my thread has been fun and enjoyable for everyone!   It's been one hell of a challenge but already this final week is going great!  And damn!...That's really sad that you didn't catch Mikisugi on camera!  Ugh he needs to be seen!  Especially with laser nipples!

So today, I did only a half day of work, has planned, and snuck off on a bit of a date lunch with the hubs!  We checked out the Mythic Creatures at the Denver Nature and Science museum before grabbing some Maggianos on the way home.  I tried to keep control of myself when eating, so it wasn't too bad, but still felt like grabbing a beer.  Found an IPA I actually liked!!  I'm not a big Hops fan, but this tasted similarly to the Belgian ales I love, so I was able to handle the hops.  Now just relaxing a bit and watching some Naruto before continuing the flat colors on Ana.  Fun times!

Day 36

tumblr_nc0wf8OLth1td6sz1o2_500.gif

(Not a gif, but how I felt about today...also...this is why they are cute too <3)

Day 36 Details:  I did a pretty god damn difficult lower body focused workout with some strength training, HIIT, and pilates all aimed for my booty.  I'm probably gonna be sore tomorrow, just like how I'm sore today with my arms.  Here are the numbers:

Straight-leg Deadlifts @ 20 lb per hand @ 2 * 8

Ski Squats @ 20 lb per hand @ 2 * 8

Side Lunges @ 17 lb per hand @ 2 * 8 (8 per side)

Squats @ 20 lb per hand @ 2 * 8

Long Lunges @ 17 lb per hand @ 2 * 8 (8 per side)

Sumo Squats @ 17 lb per hand @ 1 * 8, 20 lb per hand @ 1 * 8

This was BEFORE the HIIT mind you...ooof.  Thank goodness for the 10 minute stretching afterwards.  Tomorrow I shall do a core focused workout and an upperbody body weight workout after.  Then I'll do my normal lunch walk, as well probably some extra stretching once I get home.  Good plan.

Day 36 Details plan on doing a class Wednesday.  Not sure if I'm gonna do the morning class, or the afternoon one...Afternoon is with Gigi, who will surely give me a good workout, but morning is with another instructor, Vellore, who is more technique focused.  Leaning towards the morning...Better block that out on my work calendar.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love the flexibility of my job with my boss?  I'm mentioning that now.  Love this flexibility.

Day 36 Details: There are some pants I am seeing at Macys that are cute and RED, so I'm probably gonna stop by there.  Also have some Kohls cash I need to use, so a Kohls' stop is in my near future.  Also with In-Laws most likely coming in for the Memorial Day weekend, who knows what trouble my MIL and I may get into.

giphy.gif

Day 36 Details: I'll be working on this tonight, though not for a whole lot of time, in order to finish off the flats.  I may also start the background as well tonight.  Not sure if I'll finish this tomorrow or Wednesday.  Wednesday seems to be the best bet from the looks of it.  I'll need to think on poses and some concepts for the Grey Jedi for Kishi; I have a few ideas, definitely gonna look at some Jedi and Kendo poses as well as some armor references as well.  I still like the cybernetic goggles idea with a hood for some reason...I guess the steampunk influence.  We'll see.  Should more of a character concept type image; not sure if I'm gonna go CRAZY with background elements, but maybe.  I never know where my art takes me...

Monk Mini Challenge 6: Nothing up yet I see.  I shall wait for this next mini then :P.

That's all for today everyone!  Have a fantabulous night :D

tumblr_mutzl6JpIp1rpxpqbo1_500.gif

Spoiler

---

---

---

OMG!!! Your drawings are so beautifulllll 8D 

Just awesome! And it also seems that practicing so often is starting to show, I think you're getting even better, new level of Artistic Fabulousness unlocked!! :D

Q3dFBe3.gif

So glad to see you're enjoying kickboxing! For having tried out kickboxing, I am so not surprised, it suits you, hehe!

Take care of yourself Tez :)

Also, this gif! Yesss! xD

• Like 1

Dancing Sylph - Level 9 Monk/Druid

Former Captain of the Nerdians of the Fitalaxy

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

OMG!!! Your drawings are so beautifulllll 8D 

Just awesome! And it also seems that practicing so often is starting to show, I think you're getting even better, new level of Artistic Fabulousness unlocked!! :D

Q3dFBe3.gif

So glad to see you're enjoying kickboxing! For having tried out kickboxing, I am so not surprised, it suits you, hehe!

Take care of yourself Tez :)

Also, this gif! Yesss! xD

WOO!!!  Thank you so much Nol!  Yes Kickboxing is a ton of fun and I'm really enjoying it so far.  Also, I'm really glad to hear that it looks like my art is improving!  I don't see much of a difference personally, but I'm glad someone does and I'm happy that my hard work is paying off!  Especially since I've been drawing straight for each challenge. 

giphy.gif

Which makes me think of an awesome "End of Year" challenge idea- take old art I have done, or maybe even art done in an earlier challenge (like 6 months earlier the latest) and redrawing them.  This way I can actually see that I have improved.  I can see what has changed, what stayed the same, what needs to more practice, etc.  Also, it'll be kind fun to post the two side by here :D.

I love arts...I hope I can call myself a semi-competent artist now. :redface:.

Today is another wet, grey day.  Ugh I'm getting tired of this weather; I mean it's great for my water bill, and the grass must be LOVING it...I myself find it tiring dull.  I want the sun to return...to last longer than the tiny fleeting glimmer we had last week.  I was planning on wearing the cute skirt and top I bought yesterday for the museum date...but nope, didn't happen (Too cold for a skirt and...the shirt was too big.  Ordered a smaller one).  I hate to keep bitching, but I also bitch about the grey weather.  It's just my thing!

Anywho, tonight will be trivia night, so will need to watch what I eat for lunch as well as dinner (red wine instead of beer, thank you) and before then I shall focus on working on my art!  Shopping maybe done later as well...we'll see...

Day 37

giphy.gif

Day 37 Details:  I did a body weight, upperbody workout (ugh hover pushups, pike pushups, supine pushups, and plank walkouts oh my!) followed by a pretty tough core workout.  Not a whole lot of cardio, but a lot of body weight work  which is pretty tiring!  My torso is in pain!  Tomorrow I'll probably do a short bodyweight leg and core routine before my kickboxing class.  Friday will be the planned day for my SUPER EPIC workout!

Day 37 Details: Scheduled for the 9:30 to 10:30 am class tomorrow!  Looking forward to it and will definitely need to take a rest day Thursday!

Day 37 Details: Today, I'll be getting off work about 4 pm to check out some pants at Macy's.  Not sure when or if I'll stop by Kohls this week; I desperately need to vacuum tomorrow!

Day 37 Details: I got through MOST of the flat colors, but a few things I'm not liking about the phoenix symbol slowed me down.  I'll be looking into how to make it a little better after work and shopping today, definitely before trivia!  Which means I'll be rushing through the background a bit and maybe even the flames...

I've been doing a lot of fire in art lately...it is rather fun to be fair!  But man a lot of work to do on this piece still...

Monk Mini Challenge 6: I said there was nothing, but thankfully looks like stillskies stepped up to the plate! I did do my core work today and I think considering the nature of this challenge, I'll do some yoga tonight when I get home from trivia!  Stretch out for 27 minutes or so before bed :D.

That's all for right now folks!   I need to grab me some water still I still have the taste of coffee and food and I'm getting thirsty!  I'm actually looking forward to trivia tonight cause that means delicious salmon with mashed sweet potatoes and sautéed spinach!!  Yum!

HYFxc2C.gif

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

Have finally caught up on your wonderful epic thread :-)   Going to start with  *hugs*  for sad times and stress and fixing the stories you tell yourself.

Love your taste in clothing and you awesome art!  That Guyver pic is amazing.  

Congrats on finding the kickboxing club!  Sounds like you're settling right in there.  It'll be great for you.

Very interesting insights on Sailor Moon a few pages back.  I've never been into that one but you make it sound good.  

Your corgi is incredibly adorable!

• Like 1

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Awww girl, I soooo am right there with you on the weather.  It seriously brings me down so hard.   My office at work is a super inner office, I don't get even a peek of actual daylight - so I have, get this, lol, my overhead fluorescent lights on, TWO stand up room lights on, and two Verilux light therapy lights positioned at the back of my head!     That plus daily Vitamin D and still I gotta bear through the no sun glooms.    It's also only been like 48-50 degrees here the past few days.  *bang head on desk*  Brutal.

We'll make it though.   Soon summer proper will be here.   And you tell Colorado to buck up, because I'll be THERE in four weeks!

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Have finally caught up on your wonderful epic thread :-)   Going to start with  *hugs*  for sad times and stress and fixing the stories you tell yourself.

Love your taste in clothing and you awesome art!  That Guyver pic is amazing.  

Congrats on finding the kickboxing club!  Sounds like you're settling right in there.  It'll be great for you.

Very interesting insights on Sailor Moon a few pages back.  I've never been into that one but you make it sound good.  

Your corgi is incredibly adorable!

Glad you were able to catch up :D.  This thread has been CRAZY with conversations all over the place!  It's awesome :D.  Yeah the stress wasn't fun, but I was able to push through it and it was a tough story to reveal and I know it's a hard story to rewrite, however I will get there!  I've been feeling a lot better since putting in my sleep policy so that's helped a lot.

tumblr_m14n0kNCrt1qewk6no1_500.gif

I was very proud of that Guyver piece;  the pose idea was not mine I'm afraid, but I was able to copy it pretty well and I was very proud that I was able to get his fists right!  Especially since I hate drawing hands so much!  I think overall my handling of hands has improved quite a bit since I decided to make art quests a part of my challenges and I've noticed a bit of improvement on my shading too which is awesome!  A part of me (like all artists worth their salt, it seems) will think that I'll always be the same as I was back when I was like 12, but I am seeing my art improve slowly but surely.

Kickboxing is a ton of fun!  I loved it when I was doing through just fitness classes before and I'm really enjoying them now!  I'm planning on moving onto the more advanced Muy Thai once Basement Renovation is completed.  Sailor Moon...my childhood.  I tend to talk a lot of animation and art even though I really don't know crap about it :D.  I'm happy that my thoughts come off as interesting!

CORGIS!!!!

corgiscostumegif.gif

CORGIS ARE THE BEST!  I LOVE MY CORGI!! MY ROSCOE IS THE BEST DAMN CORGI IN THE WHOLE WORLD I LOVE HIM I LOVE HIM!!!!! 

CORGIS!!!!!!

corgi-gundam.gif

Awww girl, I soooo am right there with you on the weather.  It seriously brings me down so hard.   My office at work is a super inner office, I don't get even a peek of actual daylight - so I have, get this, lol, my overhead fluorescent lights on, TWO stand up room lights on, and two Verilux light therapy lights positioned at the back of my head!     That plus daily Vitamin D and still I gotta bear through the no sun glooms.    It's also only been like 48-50 degrees here the past few days.  *bang head on desk*  Brutal.

We'll make it though.   Soon summer proper will be here.   And you tell Colorado to buck up, because I'll be THERE in four weeks!

Oh man that sounds brutal.  Semi-kinda-related-but-not-really to the needing sunlight for Jaundice story, I remember being super excited about going to England to live.  I was a very geeky military brat and I was used to all my friends moving away growing up and I was still in California, having not moved once.  I was there for 9 years, through elementary to the very first semester of High School and had seen a bunch of people move away.

I WANTED TO BE ONE WHO LEFT THIS TIME!

knocks_breaking_bad.gif

So when my dad got an opportunity to be living in England, I was totally excited.  England was a new COUNTRY.  ACROSS AN OCEAN!  FAR FAR AWAY FROM MOUNTAIN VIEW!  I was stoked!  So we leave Northern California in the winter.  Northern California Winter's are mild and temperate; you still have the sun and it's a breezy but not freezing 40 degrees.  Kinda chill.  We made our stop for a month in Puerto Rico for my quinceanera.

Yes I had a quinceanera.  The works.  The dress, the cakes, the tradition.  You name it, I had it at my very very very Hispanic quinceanera.  I look back on it now and I admit it was odd.  But I thought it was fun and kinda fancy cause I'm a stupid teenager back then, so yay!  I think once I get home I'm gonna post old photos I have from it.  It was legit big, bigger than my wedding.  So...so stupid but still fun.

Anywho, I was in Puerto Rico in January.  Puerto Rican winters should not be called winters.  Winters in Puerto Rico is the average Colorado Summer; it's a bit dryer than normal, average temperatures being 80 to 90 degrees in the day, 70s in the night time.  The sun is a constant all through out.  Puerto Rican winters are just fantastic for lovers of the sun and the heat.

4333660-s4_El_paseo_de_la_princesa_s_Pue

So I went from a chilly, but mild Californian Winter, to a Puerto Rican Non-Winter, and after my quinceanera, we finally went to England in January.

In January.

England...in January...

temple-church-by-night.jpg

I have never been so struck by weather shock as I had when I first arrived.  I went from this:

Caribbean-Puerto-Rico-San-Juan-thumb.jpg

To THIS:

viaduct-90mm.jpg

Admittedly for some people that is gorgeous.  For me it was not.  It was also very disconcerting when they actually given us artificial UV lamps to help us adjust to the seemingly endless gray and darkness.  My mood had instantly decreased in joy and I had become a very moody teenager indeed.

I hated living their as a high school student (I went to an American DOD school).  I enjoyed visiting there during the summers as a college student, but living there was just...I can't do the winters and the summers weren't much better.  Colorado is known for having 360 days of Sun.

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, is known for the exact opposite.  Can't do it.  Three years of teenage hormones and High School there was enough for me.  I would visit there though, most definitely.  I enjoyed visiting Yorkshire during my college breaks.  But during the summer, in July, for two weeks.  You know, when the sun is known to visit.

Oh I can't wait till you get here!  I'm sure summer will be here once you arrive!  YAY :D.

So I am a bit later posting my status for yesterday!  As in a day late but still!  Sorry about that.  I had an interesting and admittedly annoying Wednesday Morning.  I was planning on doing the 9:30 am to 10:30 am kickboxing class, the very small nice class with another instructor besides Gigi.  Unfortunately, I was there, waiting for 15 minutes before giving up and going back to work, wasting an hour.

I understand that these things happen, but...but come on.  An email?  A note on the web page?  Something would've been appreciated.  I got my kickboxing in, but kinda annoyed at having my day a bit derailed.  I had a plan and I hate seeing that plan change in anyway.

hp_best_laid_plans.gif

But adjusting is all a part of life so I adjusted.

So I've been thinking about writing up my next challenge, since this one is coming close to the end.  I may go back to having 5 quests (4 quests and the Art Quest) and either doing one fitness quest with two dietary/health quests and a life quest (Kickboxing twice a week, Food Quest, and Sleep Policy Quest, not sure on life quest yet) or doing two fitness quests and one diet/health quest (Kickboxing twice a week, Stretching, and Sleep Policy Quest, thinking on life quest).  I'm thinking about doing the former since I do want to solidify my sleeping policy and I'm noticing that I'm no longer feeling like I'm losing much body fat and weight and I'm NOT quite done with that yet.  I've been pretty solidly maintaining at least, but I want to keep getting a bit leaner, so I need some kind of food adjustment to do.

Day 38

3696317-ryukosatsuki.gif(GIANT GIF IS GIANT CAUSE IT'S COOL!!!)

Day 38 Details:  Yesterday I did a HIIT combined with strength training workout.  It was a short workout since I was gonna do kickboxing afterwards, but man I sweated A LOT through out it.  Here are the numbers:

Squats @ 20 lbs per hand @ 2 * 8

Straight Leg Deadlifts @ 20 lb per hand @  2* 8

Alternating Lunges @ 17 lb per hand @ 2 * 8 (8 per leg)

Ski Squats @ 20 lbs per hand @ 2 * 8

See?  Quite short, but with the HIIT between each set...oof it was tough.  Tomorrow I have a SUPER EPIC workout to do, but I am unsure which one.  There is a VERY EPIC 93 minute one that I am tempted to do since it has focus on the upper body.  I'll download it and we'll see how I feel in the morning.  This will be quite tough considering the length but I have done 88 minutes before, so this shouldn't be a problem...right?  Yes I will in fact have a rest day planned for Saturday if I do this :P.

Day 38 Details: As I bitched about a bit earlier, the class was postponed/cancelled for the 9:30am - 10:30am time.  However, I did go to the 4:15pm - 5:00pm time and...oh man it was crowded.  That sucked; I dislike going to such a crowded class.  I was able to get some lessons on technique, but not a whole much and now I know to avoid the Wednesday late afternoon class.  It was at least a great workout, but still, pretty annoying.  I may schedule doing kickboxing on Monday or Fridays evening with Wednesday mornings (work allowing this of course), or adjusting as I must.  But Wednesday after work classes are a definite last resort.

Day 38 Details: So on Tuesday, I went to Macys and I brought some nice red capris and a very soft navy blue (aka ink I guess) over shirt.  The extra neat part was that the pants were size 4 and the shirt was XS and both fit the way I like it.  A win I think!  I was looking at a white lace shirt tank to wear with this but lol, not for $47.   I was planning on going to Kohls yesterday since they were having a two day sale and find a lace white shirt there...but that didn't happen.  So I plan on stopping by after work to use my Kohls cash and other discounts.  Maybe I'll find more pants I like, or some shorts, along with a top.  We'll see.

Day 38 Details: I'm sorry stillskies; I'm still not done with Ana (Two part finale of Agents of Shield, and a Flash episode on Hulu did that to me)...  BUT I AM SUPER CLOSE!  I got the Phoenix Ana background finished, the sleeping Ana part all finished with shading and everything.  All that's left is shading Phoenix Ana and Elsa.  Let me tell you...it's looking really good.  I am really happy with the shading direction I'm going with it; I decided that the main light source was directly behind Ana and I'm doing some neat things with the shading so far. I hope to get this FINALLY done tonight! 

I will have to apologize to Kishi as well; do to my own very bad, after work, time management skills and the amount of detail I decided to give this Phoenix Ana image (hahahah I was gonna go simple...pfffft), that has pushed off your Grey Jedi by a day.  Once I am done with Ana, I plan on roughly sketching out the Jedi, hopefully starting that tonight to continue on tomorrow.  That way, I have something started and I can also give myself an A on this even though the Grey Jedi will not be done till after the challenge ends.

I hope that's okay...

giphy.gif

Monk Mini Challenge 6: I did do some Yoga on Tuesday night (the day I also did a pretty tough core workout) to help stretch out and since today is my rest day, I plan on doing some pilates tonight to help strengthen my core and my back, but without pushing myself hard.  Yesterday's kickboxing session left me sore, so I need to take it easy today.

Welp that's all for...uhmm yesterday's post!  Today is a rest day, so I may post this with tomorrows status.  Depends on how much I can get done today related to this challenge I suppose! 

Have a great day!  Time to work :D.

kill-la-kill-purdy-stuff.gif

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---