BlackTezcas' 3rd Trial: An Artsy, Geeky Amazon Must FIGHT...In STYLE!

BlackTezca

Soooo hi!      I'm a cross-threader.    I saw you on Kishi's thread, and then I clicked on some of your links, and then I saw arts of stuff that I've all just recently watched and loved.   So then I went to your thread, and saw all these gifs and videos of the anime I am CURRENTLY watching.

What this amounts to is, holy crap, I need to follow you.  

tumblr_myj9t7pT5s1qmkyvso1_500.gif

• Like 1

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Oooohhhh that Hot Topic off the shoulder blouse is FABULOUS!!!!  I love off the shoulder stuff - I cut the necks off of the majority of my t-shirts to make a boat-neck style. XD

YEAH YEAH A YEAH WOOOOO!!!

It was an adorable shirt that I had to have cause it was cute and I love off-the-shoulder stuff too.  I'm not a boat-neck style girl, but I'm growing to love cowl necks and off-shoulder styles.

That A is awesome.  So happy I'm starting out strong :D.

I was never worried - IT IS ALREADY BEAUTIFUL AND ONLY GETTING MORE BEAUTIFUL.  I am so glad I requested. ^_^

Also, oh boy oh boy, if you tackle the cloning project soonish, I foresee many playdates in our 2016, I AM JUST SAYING.

I'm so happy you like it!  I just wish I can work faster and better!  I have some fun ideas for shading; definitely gonna do some soft shading with some harder shadows and highlights (similar to my Ivy picture) so that should be fun and it should look good!

I'm sorry, but for some reason I was thinking the shining when I heard playdates and cloning project.

609380_o.gif

I'm gonna be an awesome mom lemme tell ya :P.  But trust me, I did think of the very same thing: super awesome playdates!  Our kids will be amazing :D

Soooo hi!      I'm a cross-threader.    I saw you on Kishi's thread, and then I clicked on some of your links, and then I saw arts of stuff that I've all just recently watched and loved.   So then I went to your thread, and saw all these gifs and videos of the anime I am CURRENTLY watching.

What this amounts to is, holy crap, I need to follow you.  

tumblr_myj9t7pT5s1qmkyvso1_500.gif

Hey there!  I've seen ya around and I love your posts and enthusiasm!  Welcome to my lovely humble, gif-painted thread!  I approve of the awesome Yoko gif!  I love Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!!!

TeamDaiGurren.gif

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Hey there!  I've seen ya around and I love your posts and enthusiasm!  Welcome to my lovely humble, gif-painted thread!  I approve of the awesome Yoko gif!  I love Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!!!

TeamDaiGurren.gif

Heee!  I had a feeling you would have some love for Gurren Lagann given all the Kill la Kill gifs in here.  (I am on episode 10 of that series right now, but I got myself caught in a mess of being in the middle of too many series at once, and THAT one, I promised to finish watching with a friend - arg!)

I finally had some time to more thoroughly read through your current challenge thread.

And...    this is pretty much me now.  â–¼

tumblr_mtuqq8Elz51s03bfxo6_500.gif

Between the epic workouts, the enthusiasm for life, the anime, the art, and the Hiddlesticks.   (mmm, hiddlesticks)    Sorry to alarm you, but I will totally be camping this place!    And next time, I won't show up so late as to not get a request in on the art stuffs!!! (Until I teach myself how to art, I need to rely on others!  I have a D&D character that must be brought to life, darnit!)

Way to kick week one's ass though! 

• Like 2

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Heee!  I had a feeling you would have some love for Gurren Lagann given all the Kill la Kill gifs in here.  (I am on episode 10 of that series right now, but I got myself caught in a mess of being in the middle of too many series at once, and THAT one, I promised to finish watching with a friend - arg!)

I finally had some time to more thoroughly read through your current challenge thread.

And...    this is pretty much me now.  â–¼

tumblr_mtuqq8Elz51s03bfxo6_500.gif

Between the epic workouts, the enthusiasm for life, the anime, the art, and the Hiddlesticks.   (mmm, hiddlesticks)    Sorry to alarm you, but I will totally be camping this place!    And next time, I won't show up so late as to not get a request in on the art stuffs!!! (Until I teach myself how to art, I need to rely on others!  I have a D&D character that must be brought to life, darnit!)

Way to kick week one's ass though! 

If you like Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann, I highly recommend some Re: Cutey Honey.  It's pretty much the latest (and my favorite) version of Cutey Honey and is just as spastic and as awesome as the other animes done by Studio Trigger.  It's an OVA with three 45 minute episodes and each one is hilarious, emotional, and awesome!

tumblr_mq4c68XqK71s5q8wuo1_500.gif

Thank you so much for your kind words!  I really do appreciate that my threads are entertaining to and enthusiastic!  Please stay and enjoy this crazy ass ride!  And don't worry, I'll do requests again in another challenge!  It'll keep my art fresh as well as challenge me to make something other people will enjoy and appreciate :D.

Gash everyone is so awesome and kind!

Patrick-Star-Blushing-With-a-Love-Struck

Today was a long day at work as you can tell from this late post.  My head has been hurting a bit, which makes me pray for those new glasses to arrive soon.  I really would like to have my vision back without straining my eyes or having split vision.  However, despite my complaints, work was productive and I do like being kept busy!  I also went to the dentist!  Which is another kind of hell, but thankfully no cavities and also no more pressure to remove my fucking wisdom teeth because they help make me unique DAMMIT!

tumblr_inline_mh90ldp3yH1qz4rgp.gif

I managed to talk to the Easton Training Center, which has that Kickboxing/Muy Thai class so I got that set up for next week!  Now I'll need to figure out what is the next class for me to check out.  Maybe something different like that Kung Fu class.  Hmmm that's an idea.  I'll give them a call next week.

Now onward!

Day 09

mk2_transformation_2_by_thevideogameguy-

Side Quest 1: Once a week, do a SUPER EPIC WORKOUT!

Day 9 Details: Still have this planned for Friday.  For today's workout I did a core routine that was pretty tough but low impact, since I did HIIT yesterday and have a pretty tough looking UFC kickboxing class in the morning.  I rather not overwork myself, believe it or not.  I also did a cardio interval with upperbody strength training workout.  Numbers below:

Chest Press @ 17 lb per hand for 2 * 10

Bent Over Row @ 14 lb per hand for 2 * 10

Weighted Tricep Dip @ 28 lb total for 2 * 10

Hammer Curl @ 14 lb per hand for 2 * 10

Ventral Raises @ 7 lb per hand for 2 * 10

Dumbbell Pullover @ 14 lb total for 2* 10

Slowly seeing some progression here.  Pretty happy about that :D.

Side Quest 2: Try out a martial art once a week until one is found by the end of this challenge.  If one is found before the end of the challenge, do this martial art class at least once a week.

Day 9 Details: UFC Kickboxing class bright and early tomorrow!  Getting a bit more excited for this cause I know that at least I'll be wailing on a bag and I love wailing on bags and punching shit.  Punching shit is fun.  Also, as mentioned earlier, I have another classes scheduled and planned out for next week Wednesday so WOOO!!!

Life Quest:  Once a week, post a photo or link to at least item to add to a spring/summer wardrobe.

Day 9 Details: New glasses.  Don't have a picture nor can I find a link, but they are cute and blue and I NEED THEM SO BAD MY EYES HURT SO MUCH!!!

Myeyes!.gif

Art Quest: REQUEST TIME!!!  Have five requests from NerdFitness friends and draw (sketch, full painting, etc) that request!

Day 9 Details: Flat coloring and background completed!  All I have to do is shade and highlights.  Once that is done, I'll post them up and probably go to bed :P

Monk Mini Challenge 2: NONE YET!? Gonna take it easy on us?!

tumblr_ledyuunUz01qdcjam.gif

Time to work on Fanille and get these two goobers done!  Also may take a walk cause my head is no happy looking at another monitor.  Laters peeps!

jakuzure_nonon_by_thevideogameguy-d7thtk

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

BOOM PEEPS!!!

It's done!!  STARSAPART I FINISHED FANILLE!!!!!

WOOO I FINISHED THOSE TWO GOOBERS!!

fang_x_vanille_by_artisticallystrange-d8

So happy...now to move onto Sailor Mars!

• Like 4

Spoiler

---

---

---

Girl, your gifs are totally selling me on watching Kill La Kill. Man. So many series, so little time.

And the art is gorgeous too! I love it!

Also, I'm glad that me ranting at you didn't just shut things down completely. This was a prospect that frightened me. I am glad it was for naught.

And you're going to be an aunt! That is so exciting! Congratulations. If you mean to clone the kid, though, you're gonna have to be careful about how you go about acquiring tissue. I understand that's a dicey process even if things go smooth.

It all looks good over here. Good. Keep it moving.

• Like 1

but but ... no Guyver III?

3659196-guyveriiimoving.gif

He's very disappointing

Great job on the rest ... looks like you're kicking butt and taken names 

4295927-6286933066-tumbl.gif

which is impressive :)

tumblr_n7yl1ioT9p1s841xbo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge :  TBD

I tried to watch Kill La Kill and just couldn't get through the first episode... ;_;  I don't know what really turned me off, just wasn't my style.  It takes a lot to rope me into a new anime nowadays.

Now Sword Art Online, that's another story... I've watched the first 6 episodes and I'm scared to watch more for fear I'll disappear into Netflix completely!! XD

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

BOOM PEEPS!!!

It's done!!  STARSAPART I FINISHED FANILLE!!!!!

WOOO I FINISHED THOSE TWO GOOBERS!!

fang_x_vanille_by_artisticallystrange-d8

LASKDJHKLJGHKLAJGHKJASDLFKJASDHLFKJASDHLJKFASD

I LOVE THIS

I LOVE YOU

I LOVE THESE TWO

I AM HAPPY THIS MORNING THANKS TO YOU

ASLDJKFADFL

Now Sword Art Online, that's another story... I've watched the first 6 episodes and I'm scared to watch more for fear I'll disappear into Netflix completely!! XD

Ahahahahaha DOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT, WATCH MOAR.

SAO may or may not be an upcoming challenge theme for me, I mean, what?

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I tried to watch Kill La Kill and just couldn't get through the first episode... ;_;  I don't know what really turned me off, just wasn't my style.  It takes a lot to rope me into a new anime nowadays.

Yeaaah, Kill la Kill, like Gurren Lagann, takes a bit of um, how do I want to say it.   I dunno!    Basically I watched Gurren Lagann, and after the first four episodes was all, omg wtf o.O?   Fan service galore and total randomness.  Then by episode 8, things took a turn, and then suddenly it was this emotional, epic, still nutty, but really awesome series.    I never thought I'd end up liking these goofy types of anime... but here I am.   And Ryuko, while flaunting a lot of skin, really is a total bamf.  She's strong.  And not just physically.     Had I not seen Gurenn Lagann all the way through first?  I'd probably have checked out early on Kill la Kill, but I have faith in it now :)    And the gifs are making me squee!  I agree Kishi!    I am going to be watching more tonight!

• Like 2

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Ahahahahaha DOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT, WATCH MOAR.

SAO may or may not be an upcoming challenge theme for me, I mean, what?

I really dig SAO so far, it's not over the top or trying too hard and the designs are great and I am an MMO-slave anyway..... eeeeeee. EEEE.

Yeaaah, Kill la Kill, like Gurren Lagann, takes a bit of um, how do I want to say it. I dunno! Basically I watched Gurren Lagann, and after the first four episodes was all, omg wtf o.O? Fan service galore and total randomness. Then by episode 8, things took a turn, and then suddenly it was this emotional, epic, still nutty, but really awesome series. I never thought I'd end up liking these goofy types of anime... but here I am. And Ryuko, while flaunting a lot of skin, really is a total bamf. She's strong. And not just physically. Had I not seen Gurenn Lagann all the way through first? I'd probably have checked out early on Kill la Kill, but I have faith in it now :) And the gifs are making me squee! I agree Kishi! I am going to be watching more tonight!

Haha exactly, I wasn't sure what to think of Kill La Kill! I think it was overhyped for me too, all my friends had gushed about it so I went in with SUPER high expectations.. ^^;
  • Like 1

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

Girl, your gifs are totally selling me on watching Kill La Kill. Man. So many series, so little time.

And the art is gorgeous too! I love it!

Also, I'm glad that me ranting at you didn't just shut things down completely. This was a prospect that frightened me. I am glad it was for naught.

And you're going to be an aunt! That is so exciting! Congratulations. If you mean to clone the kid, though, you're gonna have to be careful about how you go about acquiring tissue. I understand that's a dicey process even if things go smooth.

It all looks good over here. Good. Keep it moving.

Dudedudedude DUDE!  Watch it.  Watch it now.  No other shows will do.  Watch Kill la Kill, I'm serious, it's fun and ridiculous and I love the shit out of it.  Any show that has awesome action scenes and transformation sequences for MEN is seriously my kind of jam.  You can't fight the HYPE!!!

b2d.gif

And no problem with your ranting.  You're far more experienced than I am when it comes to martial arts and self defense, so I appreciate the advice :D.  And YES!!!  I'M GONNA BE AN AUNTIE!!!!  SO EXCITED WOOO!!!!!  And don't worry, I am doing plenty of research on the latest cloning technologies.  Soon I shall take over the world with my clones.

agent-smith-clones-o.gif

Still going strong brotha, still going strong!

dealwithit.gif

photo-165.gif

tumblr_m4xmeb6Ei41qj3ir1.gif

itsgoodtobeback.gif?w=300

tumblr_m9bujiT7Ql1qhhxd4o1_500.gif

Loki.gif

lets%2Bdo%2Bthis.gif

tumblr_ml4czsTpzc1s8xfkvo1_500.gif

tumblr_n1wzp4CchC1ts7f01o1_500.gif

tumblr_mdrpjfGMVc1rkmjg2o1_500.gif

Good to see the gif is strong with you :D.  Time to bring the swagger!

EDSBS-Bollywood-Bringin-The-Swagger.gif

but but ... no Guyver III?

3659196-guyveriiimoving.gif

He's very disappointing

Great job on the rest ... looks like you're kicking butt and taken names 

4295927-6286933066-tumbl.gif

which is impressive :)

tumblr_n7yl1ioT9p1s841xbo1_500.gif

Wait wait now, hold your horses.

tumblr_m5byddNHPI1qcmh7g.png

You will get your Guyver III and you will LOVE IT  That is a threat promise.   Thank you so much for the encouragement for this challenge!  YA'LL ARE AMAZING!!!

BLASPHEMY!!

6b8.gif

Nah just kidding.  It is an odd show and I do think that it really depends on the person and what kind of taste they off.  The hubs doesn't get my love for the show and Studio Trigger.  It's a bit too spastic for him and he is not a big fan of the fan service (though he likes Highschool of the Dead...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....And that show is ton of fan service).  I could not get into SAO.  I tried watching a few episodes and I don't know, it didn't appeal to me.  Not sure why either since I love .Hack Sign.  Everyone is different.

LASKDJHKLJGHKLAJGHKJASDLFKJASDHLFKJASDHLJKFASD

I LOVE THIS

I LOVE YOU

I LOVE THESE TWO

I AM HAPPY THIS MORNING THANKS TO YOU

ASLDJKFADFL

I live to bring joy.  I'm really happy you like this so much :D.

taylor-swift-bowing.gif

I really do have to stop and say thank you everyone.  I've been feeling stronger and better with each challenge and that is due to the support of random people whom have brought a smile to my face every day.  Your encouragement and support means a lot and the fact that people take the time to come hear and bring such support really means a lot to me.  I have no felt more encouraged in an online community, especially when it came to my art and the fact that people like my enthusiasm...even when I'm feeling a little down or overwhelmed...that's awesome.  You are all fucking awesome and I'm fighting the urge to tear up at work.

tumblr_lskgpiA0dQ1qetzsu.gif

Anywho!  Moving on before I get more emotional.

Day 10

WjGD6Rh.gif

Side Quest 1: Once a week, do a SUPER EPIC WORKOUT!

Day 10 Details: Since I did the kickboxing at the UFC Gym, I will count that as my workout...which is all it was really.  A very cardio heavy, conditioning workout with punches and kicks throw in at a heavy bag.  So I got some plyometric work, I got some strength training through push ups as well kicks and punches to the heavy bag.  I also got some core work (though I need to do stretching on my own)...however...I am disappointed.  See below.

Side Quest 2: Try out a martial art once a week until one is found by the end of this challenge.  If one is found before the end of the challenge, do this martial art class at least once a week.

Day 10 Details: So it was a good workout.  I sweat a shit ton, got a lot of cardio in with some strength training, got my core all worked out, got rid of some aggression...it was a good, fun workout...and I learned jack and shit about technique.  Which was what I expected, but still I was hoping for more.  One thing that was cool was that the instructor for the class recognized me from other location (when it was LA Boxing versus UFC Gym), so I felt welcomed back, but when I expressed interest in more technique based, he (with a bit of disappointment too) stated those are only in the evening (called Advanced Muy Thai or Advanced BJJ).  I'm annoyed cause I want my evenings to myself.  That's my time with the dogs, with my husband, etc.  So blah.  He was disappointed cause he teaches the morning classes and wouldn't mind doing an advanced class.  Perhaps we can conspire...if I pay the fees of course since this was a free class.  I'm still thinking about checking out the evening class sometime though I get a little nervous at the word 'ADVANCED'.  Cause...I'm not 'advanced'...I'm intermediate at best and maybe there are some fundamentals I don't know.  Hmmm...Gives me a bit of hope for the Easton center.

Though UFC is gonna start doing BJJ.  They need to put that shit on the schedule.

Life Quest:  Once a week, post a photo or link to at least item to add to a spring/summer wardrobe.

Day 10 Details: Posted stuff on Monday!  Not sure what is next on my list...maybe some new workout clothes...so I can have more than one sports bra.  Especially after the workout cause it's all sweaty and stinky and I don't wanna do laundry yet.  So over the weekend I'll look for that.

Art Quest: REQUEST TIME!!!  Have five requests from NerdFitness friends and draw (sketch, full painting, etc) that request!

Day 10 Details: As you all saw...FANG X VANILLE are complete and I'm very happy to see that I made one of my awesome friends here very happy as well!  Currently doing some research for archer poses for Sailor Mars, which shall be a bit tough for me, but we'll see.  It is kinda her schtick.  Not sure if I gonna emulate manga style, 90s anime style, or my own flavor.  I'll start rough sketch tonight.

Monk Mini Challenge 2: ...

crickets.gif?w=450What

Kinda quiet over here...

Going through this second week still strong.  Friday is gonna be a bitch when it comes to my epic workout!  Maybe take it easy tomorrow with a balance workout instead.  Let's see how I feel.  Peace!

ba7.gif

• Like 2

Spoiler

---

---

---

BWEE~ so hype to see what you come up with for Mars, I have no doubts you will ROCK IT!!!!

I have had similar NF feels lately, for a long time I missed being a part of an online community, but so many of them are just rude and competetive and uncool... this place really makes me happy and stronger and I'm so thankful I found it!!!! <3

Ah yes, spastic is probably a good term for KLK! It was a little over the top for me I think? I dug the art style though! I also haven't watched any new anime in like 8 years... @_@;;;;;;

• Like 1

I live to bring joy.  I'm really happy you like this so much :D.

taylor-swift-bowing.gif

I really do have to stop and say thank you everyone.  I've been feeling stronger and better with each challenge and that is due to the support of random people whom have brought a smile to my face every day.  Your encouragement and support means a lot and the fact that people take the time to come hear and bring such support really means a lot to me.  I have no felt more encouraged in an online community, especially when it came to my art and the fact that people like my enthusiasm...even when I'm feeling a little down or overwhelmed...that's awesome.  You are all fucking awesome and I'm fighting the urge to tear up at work.

tumblr_lskgpiA0dQ1qetzsu.gif

Anywho!  Moving on before I get more emotional.

I have had similar NF feels lately, for a long time I missed being a part of an online community, but so many of them are just rude and competetive and uncool... this place really makes me happy and stronger and I'm so thankful I found it!!!! <3

This, right back at both of you.  I am so glad we all found this community and each other.  GROUP HUG.

tumblr_msjc5vyYdh1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Wait wait now, hold your horses.

tumblr_m5byddNHPI1qcmh7g.png

You will get your Guyver III and you will LOVE IT  That is a threat promise.   Thank you so much for the encouragement for this challenge!  YA'LL ARE AMAZING!!!

But but ... 

tumblr_mbwvabwoLX1qfbz1so1_500.gif

tumblr_nki5r2VDk81rxegqjo1_500.gif

tumblr_lnk1a7ztBe1qhqmifo1_500.gif

tumblr_lhgqwjq6Mu1qhtn5fo1_500.gif

tumblr_m2c78pC1Mc1qbz42yo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge :  TBD

Yeaaah, Kill la Kill, like Gurren Lagann, takes a bit of um, how do I want to say it.   I dunno!    Basically I watched Gurren Lagann, and after the first four episodes was all, omg wtf o.O?   Fan service galore and total randomness.  Then by episode 8, things took a turn, and then suddenly it was this emotional, epic, still nutty, but really awesome series.    I never thought I'd end up liking these goofy types of anime... but here I am.   And Ryuko, while flaunting a lot of skin, really is a total bamf.  She's strong.  And not just physically.     Had I not seen Gurenn Lagann all the way through first?  I'd probably have checked out early on Kill la Kill, but I have faith in it now :)    And the gifs are making me squee!  I agree Kishi!    I am going to be watching more tonight!

One thing I liked about Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, and Re: Cutey Honey is that they start out really...really silly.  At least Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann had a serious backdrop (dystopian basically), but Kill la Kill and Re: Cutey Honey?  Haha not really, not any backdrop we can truly relate with...and yet slowly they build upon a strange, intriguing, and eventually epic plot while never losing the over-top-feel they have been building the series with.  I have not watched Trigger's latest anime "When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace" but I am curious about "Ninja Slayer".

BWEE~ so hype to see what you come up with for Mars, I have no doubts you will ROCK IT!!!!

Ah yes, spastic is probably a good term for KLK! It was a little over the top for me I think? I dug the art style though! I also haven't watched any new anime in like 8 years... @_@;;;;;;

Oh god I hope I make a good Rei Hino for you!  I'll try my best!  And yeah...nerdfitness has been giving me so much feels lately!

tumblr_m1y6agulFr1r75pso.gif

I do feel a lot stronger and happier with myself once I found this site.  As I mentioned before, I'm not as extroverted or enthusiastic as I act, but slowly it feels like...I dunno, the mask is becoming the actual person the more I do challenges.  I'm gonna take a break sometime from a challenge (maybe next year), but I won't leave here :D.

KLK is over the top.  Some people like that (myself and starpuck and few others on the HYPE train) and some don't (my hubs is not a fan).  Watch the anime you love, cause ANIME = LOVE!!!!

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

Oh man I SO feel you on the kickboxing "workout"!!! Or should that be "kickboxing" workout? They can be pretty fun and challenging, but it's definitely annoying when they focus on burning calories over, you know... proper form. I have definitely X'd many a tab during my research of places that seemed only interested in getting us all "bikini bodies" rather than "punchin' fists".

And seconding/thirding/infinity-ing your NF love <3 <3 <3

Pandy-jako-lid%C3%A9-10.gif

• Like 2

level 4 medusa monk

STR 6 | STA 5 | DEX 5 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 4

challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)

myfitnesspal | fitbit | habitrpg

sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

Oh man I SO feel you on the kickboxing "workout"!!! Or should that be "kickboxing" workout? They can be pretty fun and challenging, but it's definitely annoying when they focus on burning calories over, you know... proper form. I have definitely X'd many a tab during my research of places that seemed only interested in getting us all "bikini bodies" rather than "punchin' fists".

And seconding/thirding/infinity-ing your NF love <3 <3 <3

Pandy-jako-lid%C3%A9-10.gif

If you're the kind of person looking to get a fantastic workout and just release a bit of aggression by wailing on  a bag while do some lunges, push ups, crunches and plyometric work?  This is good.  The gym is actually well equipped, the instructor guy is a fun guy and if it helps you get active (like it did for me when I was doing LA Boxing), then go for it.  Fun times, you will burn quite a few calories and if it's the same monthly fees I remember, it ain't exorbitant.

If you are interested in learning a martial art, or looking for more technique tips on boxing and kickboxing and you can workout quite while on your own, for free?  Yeah...not really.  Again they offer advanced classes, so maybe that's what I need?  Just wish there were more throughout the day.  Like the rest of the gym is pretty damn empty.  However, they may have not the numbers to justify an advanced or intermediate Muy Thai class.  Which is a bummer.

• Like 2

Spoiler

---

---

---

Eh. You suspected that the UFC gym would treat with you that way. Although it's a good sign that the trainer there wants to do more combat-oriented stuff (that's all that 'advanced' means. Also it gives them justification to charge more). You might be able to negotiate something there if you like.

Ultimately, you're right to look for something that's going to suit your schedule. Although, night class is actually pretty standard in the martial arts world. If you don't want to give up the nighttime, your options are going to be limited mostly to weekend stuff, which is neither good nor bad. It's just a quirk. :)

Come to think of it, I'm sure there are some Xfit boxes out there that teach MMA and probably have some flexible times, but good Lord that price though.

272.gif

• Like 1

Eh. You suspected that the UFC gym would treat with you that way. Although it's a good sign that the trainer there wants to do more combat-oriented stuff (that's all that 'advanced' means. Also it gives them justification to charge more). You might be able to negotiate something there if you like.

Ultimately, you're right to look for something that's going to suit your schedule. Although, night class is actually pretty standard in the martial arts world. If you don't want to give up the nighttime, your options are going to be limited mostly to weekend stuff, which is neither good nor bad. It's just a quirk. :)

Come to think of it, I'm sure there are some Xfit boxes out there that teach MMA and probably have some flexible times, but good Lord that price though.

272.gif

Yeah I did.  I did suspect it and I was happy to hear the instructor recognize that once I asked about learning more technique.  I can do middle of the day, I can do weekends late morning, I can do early morning.  I just...like having night time to unwind, relax and draw or binge on T.V.  Creature of habit.

So lol, I was wondering what XFit meant and it took me a while to figure out it meant CROSSFit...ahahahah I'm dumb.  I'll have to consider that option cause if there is one that has MMA, that would be fun.  Though...you're kinda scaring me about prices...

eye-roll.gif

Spoiler

---

---

---

Yeah I did.  I did suspect it and I was happy to hear the instructor recognize that once I asked about learning more technique.  I can do middle of the day, I can do weekends late morning, I can do early morning.  I just...like having night time to unwind, relax and draw or binge on T.V.  Creature of habit.

So lol, I was wondering what XFit meant and it took me a while to figure out it meant CROSSFit...ahahahah I'm dumb.  I'll have to consider that option cause if there is one that has MMA, that would be fun.  Though...you're kinda scaring me about prices...

Don't give up on the MMA gyms.  Not all of them are pseudo-fighting.  Find one that trains people to actually fight and give them a shot.  For example, my gym is part of the Hit Squad team that trained Matt Hughes.  They're definitely teaching form and fighting moreso than burning calories (though that naturally gets in there too).

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Don't give up on the MMA gyms.  Not all of them are pseudo-fighting.  Find one that trains people to actually fight and give them a shot.  For example, my gym is part of the Hit Squad team that trained Matt Hughes.  They're definitely teaching form and fighting moreso than burning calories (though that naturally gets in there too).

It's all a matter of exploring and finding where those are.  I'm sure I'll find something, there are a lot of options, I'm just impatient :D.

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---