Rockin' a Whole30 - uh...or a whole however many days are in 7 weeks.

jdkc4d

Today sucked even before I woke up.  I seem to have developed a knack to wake up 10-15 minutes before my alarm.  I try to go back to sleep, and then when my alarm goes off, suddenly I'm so tired. I woke up today with a screw the world attitude.  I took one look at the eggs in the refrigerator yelled some obscenity at the eggs, and left the house. Ended up having donuts for breakfast.  But, I calmed down, ready to get back on track for lunch. Then my boss walked in and said, "Lets go".  We ended up at Red Robin for lunch. It was good. 

About to leave for the day, I have a 40 mile commute ahead of me.  The baseball game just let out and the hockey game is starting in about an hour.  Looking at way too much traffic ahead of me. If I manage to make it home before the sun sets (that's a big if), I think I might take a walk down the the park. Might help to clear my head a bit. 

I think I have some salmon in the freezer, and I have seen some asparagus starting to pop up in the garden.  Might be able to turn this day around yet. Or not. We'll see. 

2nd First Quest  | 3rd Quest | 4th Quest | 5th Quest | 6th

Epic progress bar of epicness.

92%
92%

Let's face it, I'm fairly epic. 

Well, it's a shame you got derailed a bit on Whole30, but from a health standpoint you're still ahead of the game with the days you've already done. Hope your evening was better than your day.

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Week 3:

• Monday 10
    • Breakfast: None
    • Lunch: Chicken & Green Beans +5
    • Dinner: Grilled chicken thighs with mushroom sauce on top of spaghetti squash. +5
      • I like spaghetti squash at restaurants, but I don't seem to be able to make it like that at home. Ugh. This went into the trash. 
  • Tuesday 10
    • Dinner: Mahi-mahi, mixed veg +5
  • Wednesday 10
    • Dinner: Chicken, Broccoli, Onions, Mushrooms +5
  • Thursday
    • Lunch
    • Dinner
  • Friday
    • Breakfast
    • Lunch
    • Dinner
  • Saturday
    • Breakfast
    • Lunch
    • Dinner

92%
92%

Oh man. I feel like I haven't posted here in a long time.  So here's the sitch.  Eating all this whole 30 food for breakfast, while tasty has started to bring back my acid reflux, and with a vengeance.  So I'm tossing whole30 out the window.  I'm going back to a protein shake for breakfast. It's about all my stomach will let me do.  Pretty much all other bets are off.  I have a lot of trouble dealing with feeling like shit every morning, not eating breakfast has the same effect as eating it with regard to stomach issues. 

So that pretty much puts this challenge in the toilet.  I'll be back for the next challenge though.  I'm going to try and do just paleo, and reduce the amount of fruit I consume. I think having the breakfast smoothie helps with that because I can get a lot of fruit in the smoothie cup, and then cut back on ... whole fruit throughout the day. 

Ill-Be-Back-Terminator.gif

92%
92%

Well, you have to do what works for you. So now you know whole30 isn't the thing that works. Knowing that is a kind of progress.

I've been wondering ... what happens when your epic progress bar of epicness reaches 100%? Do you reach ultimate epicness? Are there fireworks? Any chance of transforming into a dragon? Just curious.

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15