April 6

I saw the forums were up as I was writing my wrapup of last challenge. I was dithering over whether I was going to keep SISUing, but when I saw that the first day of the new challenge was the last day of my one full year of NO SODA, I took it as a sign.

Heck, yeah! I want to see if I can hit 99 days straight and make it all the way to my second NF birthday. Time to woman up, Shadow LIon. Let's see what you're made of!

April 9

I'm using the "between challenges" week to test a slight increase in my SISU quotas, and so far it is working, despite a crazy, crazy schedule. Two websites need to get out the door and a game prototype is due by late afternoon Monday. Yikes!

So, I'm not going to over think things here. This one's going to be a near repeat of last time, with a modest bump up on my minimums, The focus, as before, is on consistency and quality, as opposed to quantity.

My "MEWS" minimums are as follows:

Meditation - 3 minutes minimum

Exercise - 15 minutes minimum

Writing - 15 minutes/500 words per day minimum

Study (Code) - 15 minutes minimum

My maxes are set to minimum x 4.

I will be using HabitRPG as my tracking and reward system.

The challenge will be all or nothing in terms of points and leveling up.

The goal is 99 days straight SISU - straight through to my second Nerd Fitness Birthday on May 30, 2015.

To go with the "MEWS" theme...and to remind me to take baby steps:

gallery_17054_923_115322.jpg

• Like 7

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Who's gonna be the first to subscribe, if not your fellow Night Ranger? B)

Yeah!

We are off to a good start already! Thanks for getting the forums up so fast...I had no chance to wimp out. Cosmic.

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Hi Shadow!  Break week? More like Running Start Week!  Are you adding anything to your SISU challenge, or just barreling on ahead?

Also I totally stole your idea  :playful:

• Like 1

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Let's see what you're made of!

SL is one of those one-ingredient products: 100% Unfiltered Awesome.

• Like 4

Level 0 Air Nomad Assassin
STR: 0 STA: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Current Challenge: [Url= http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/80570-phayze-accepts-an-apprenticeship-as-an-airbender-respawn/]Apprentice Airbender![/url]

Check Out My LEGO Stuff on Flickr!
"The next golden age of human achievement begins here and now" -Neil Degrasse Tyson, Cosmos

Following, cheering and looking for ideas.

I've registered at Codecadamy and done a beginners thingy. Completely out of my depth. 

• Like 1

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

subscribed. :-D

He, Auro! Good to see you "Back in Black" and back on the boards. Let's rock this challenge!

I hear you on that one. Feels like I'm still on a challenge, albeit with different goals. Guess break week made me lose focus

It's not feeling much like break week here, either, but my goals aren't much different from the last one. :)

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hi Shadow!  Break week? More like Running Start Week!  Are you adding anything to your SISU challenge, or just barreling on ahead?

Also I totally stole your idea  :playful:

Going for the 99 days and feeling confident enough to bump up my minimums slightly.

Hah! I stole the consistency idea from Jakkal's excellent example. The dailies, they are the bomb!

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

It's not feeling much like break week here, either, but my goals aren't much different from the last one. :)

I see that's a common thing for many people this time round. I take it as a good sign, means we've found what works for us and challenges have evolved into habits and a way of living

• Like 3

I see that's a common thing for many people this time round. I take it as a good sign, means we've found what works for us and challenges have evolved into habits and a way of living

Yuss yuss!  This!  

• Like 2

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Happy first day of the new challenge, fellow rebels! I'm going to be brief as I'm just back from an out of town trip and desperately need sleep.

I couldn't let the first day of a challenge, or the final day of my one year soda free, slip by without at least posting, however!

Looking forward to catching up with all of you over the next couple of days and letting you see what I've been up to. (Hint: Internetz, dragons, code...) For now, though, good night!

52/99 days SISU

• Like 3

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

SL is one of those one-ingredient products: 100% Unfiltered Awesome.

Hey, Phayze! 100% natural, free-range, organic! :)

Following, cheering and looking for ideas.

I've registered at Codecadamy and done a beginners thingy. Completely out of my depth. 

I find that I am constantly out of my depth with coding! There is so much to learn and even the very best programmers only know a tiny fraction of all there is to know about making software. And they are constantly pushed to keep up with language changes and new technology. Stick with it through thte initial discomfort, though, and you'll build a new skill that continually grows and surprises and delights. With your ability to make things, you might like working with Arduinos or Raspberry Pi and basic robotics to start. Then there is a way to construct something - the body - and make the unit - the brain - control the machine. Lots of good tutorials and videos available to learn from, too.

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hey there SL! Congrats on winning your last challenge

In honor of your new goal:

utsho8J2spwrjbtrGk3Q3UNvo1_500.jpg

Pretty! It made me wonder if I could think of each day of SISU as a red balloon. Then I started counting them - a lot more than 99 there! :)

More SISU! Go ShadowLion, go!

THanks, Raxie! Going at it full bore... :triumphant:

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Yuss yuss!  This!  

Yes! - Ditto That's a great way to look at it and fits my experience of it, too!

Such a cute pic!

That sounds like a very grounding daily rhythm.

Erm...what does SISU stand for? Behind the curve on this one.

Sisu a the FInnish word that roughly translates to grit, perserverance, never giving up. This is my third challenge of buildong on that theme, starting small and building up to greater efforts. I am focusing on consistency and quality over quantity, and it is working out well.

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Now that's an anniversary worth celebrating! Congratulations!

the-shire-cant-handle-me-right-now.gif

Haha! Thanks!

Wow that's so amazing!!!!! Super impressive awesomeness going on here and the challenge has barely started.  I know what thread I'll be popping over to for motivation these next 6 weeks :D

It has really boosted my confidence to have passed the one year mark! Here's to an awesome six weeks of keeping our bad habits at bay!

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Congratulations on the one year!

It has been and it is still a pleasure to follow you here.

"To infinity and beyond!" 

• Like 2

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

Congrats on the anniversary, SL! And on getting a shout out on the NF blog. ^^

Next, you'll be giving up air, just because you can. ;)

• Like 1

Level 0 Air Nomad Assassin
STR: 0 STA: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Current Challenge: [Url= http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/80570-phayze-accepts-an-apprenticeship-as-an-airbender-respawn/]Apprentice Airbender![/url]

Check Out My LEGO Stuff on Flickr!
"The next golden age of human achievement begins here and now" -Neil Degrasse Tyson, Cosmos