noxiousGnome modifies part II to beat the Flash

noxiousGnome

Last challenge was meant to be me introducing bodyweight exercises to my daily life... Didn't happen however I started to dive into the me problems of life, now whether that is something I would do on the forums or on the couch of a shrink I dunno... What I do know is I need to do done me searching. Soul searching? Dunno really... Lol

This challenge is going to be all about the learning to be a better me. And to beat flash cause we all know he is fast but I am cooler.

I will put details below.

• Like 3

Gnomish Superhero-In-Training S3|D3|S1|C3|W4.75|CH3

Gnomish Trials and Tribulations

1|2(a)|3|4
Gnomes Have Epic Quests Too! This gets updated as things get finished or I add more =D

Here is the rundown of this redo of phase2: at least twice a week update on how i am feeling... Try for daily.

Phase 1: has been going awesomely. Updated for 82 days straight or something like that lol

Switched to a time frame setup on mfp still working on it seeing how i am doing with this change

• Like 1

1|2(a)|3|4
Gnomes Have Epic Quests Too! This gets updated as things get finished or I add more =D

Well today was filled with goodish news and fun times... And junk food and bad habits lol. Today my daughter saw the hand surgeon about a cyst she has had on her wrist for almost two years now. Good news she won't be going under the knife,bad news... We have to wait another 6 months to see if she will need to go under the doctor says the communication between the joint and the cyst should go away as she grows.

Bad eating habits are bad: cake,ice cream,candy... Root beer float, pretzel with beer cheese, amazing burger and fries (red robin.... Yum)

Took Izzy to build a bear... She got a purple my little pony that roars...

• Like 1

1|2(a)|3|4

in for stalking.

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

In for not losing to some guy who wants to me on in a race  :playful:

CsVaosB.jpg

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

I dunno what I was thinking today, I forgot to look at my wife’s work schedule last night to determine who was taking me to my internship (I don’t have my license yet…) and usually it would be my father in law taking me and my wife picking me up… So this morning my FIL and I were heading off to my internship and I get a call from my wife stating she was suppose to take me… oops, we turned back around and I switched rides and what not for today (it was weird like I said) I mean it all worked out, my father in law wasn’t feeling good this morning so I feel bad about that. I am honestly grateful to have such willing family members to deal with my lack of a license and give me the ability to still obtain a degree that I been wanting for years. This is the final step of it all.

Now onto the internship stuff that irks me, humours me, makes my day,etc.: let’s start out with yesterday… Someone idiot at the ISP decided to string Fiber Optics onto power poles and not bury then, which wouldn’t be an issue if the police didn’t have to cut both poles AND all the wires hanging on them due to accidents or something like that… So from 0800 to 1300ish we were without internet, well most of us were… We had a Mifi card in the IT department office so all was okay there ^.^ LOL

Last few times we tried to send the drone up it went all funky and decided it didn’t want to fly --  battery issues apparently… So today we hope to give it a shot and see if it will take off, I hope so cause it’ll be fun =D Weather is awesome outside! I will try and post images after I take some aerial ones, will see!

Hmm, been looking for jobs around this area (I don’t wanna move if I can, I like it here) yet nothing seems available to me –shrugs- Might just have to move out of this area/state to get something after all. Meh.

Oh! I made spaghetti squash and meat sauce last night for dinner (wife and Izzy had regular pasta and the meat sauce) so dinner was good… I have leftovers but don’t feel like munching on them for some reason… I should though –nods-. I just ate a bag of SNAPZ raisins (they are really pretty tasty). So we shall see what happens later…

Tyr: I lovin’ the flash shirt for gymtime! =D  

• Like 1

1|2(a)|3|4

Cause I can, about a month ago I did inside flight tests with teh video camera for the drone... I may have to find a place to host them -nods-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-XR_oIyLkYwu2Ca0tGylLQ/videos<== Decided to just do it to youtube after I found out the FAA couldn't yell at me for it =D

1|2(a)|3|4

Lately my father in law and i been talking about making a man made self flight suit... Like a real version of ironman's suit minus the awesome stuff... We were talking about using a suit Like the link below (on phones so can't do imgs).

http://viralityvideos.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/wing-suit.jpg

And add something for propulsion... I was thinking for lift and thrust a main thing and then on hands and feet something smaller for turning... Also a parachute for a failsafe emergency landing system heh...

• Like 2

1|2(a)|3|4

hum?

I've always wondered how to get propulsion without frying the flyer. Of course the energy needed to propel a person vs a fighter jet is quite minimal, but it's still a factor. Do you know of any safe mechanisms in production right now? Or maybe an item you could scale down?

article-2488403-1938B07100000578-785_634

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

I have thought about the scaling thing but those were designed and built by professionals and scaled appropriately with their needs and designs. As for a source of flight... I hacent figured out a main source but i was thinking something like pc fans for turning capabilities... Maybe some sort of blower fan setup for the main propulsion

1|2(a)|3|4

Anyway. I should be posting about the actual threads topic eh? My whole goal this challenge so.lets start with Monday! Monday was a crummy/good day depending on how one looks at things... Izzy had a hand surgeon appointment for a cyst. Doctor decided to wait longer as he outs honing she grows more and the communication between her joint and the cyst closes up and the cyst goes away. After that out becomes a wierd day. My supervisor from my internship texted me not remembering i said i wouldn't be in, so i spent the rest of the day pretty crappy about that... However we decided to go take Izzy to a place called the national museum of play it was great she loved it (we did too) afterwards we went out for lunch and to build a bear. Izzy got a purple my little pony that wears a tutu and roars!

Tuesday through Thursday was amazing the weather was great. Food was... Decent. Friday i had a change of plans it went for four hours of me time to get non-work stuff done (job searching, application filling out, etc...) instead it went to work from 1000-1800, instead of 1000-1400

• Like 1

1|2(a)|3|4

Okay! Update for Saturday: work was an 8 hour shift in a department i haven't been in in at least six months, but i love it so much so that the shift didn't suck horribly lol... Feeling pretty decent when i got home. Wasn't hungry so i stayed right settings my calorie needs and that was nice.

Today was the same department but it sucked as it was pretty much cleanup. But that's okay. Lol still have the rest of this day to go so i will post tomorrow about it

• Like 1

1|2(a)|3|4

Okay recap time! Sunday was okay all teh way through, after work was a bit meh at home... Arguments have been a huge deal lately...

Monday sucked in the morning... Izzy decided it would be a good time to be unstable on her feet and have her forehead and the cardoor become good buddies, she is oaky which is good but my hours for my internship.. Not so good, but that's okay izzy is more important!

TOday! Well, today has been a slow day at my internship, mostly cleaning up and getting a whole cart of laptops ready for use again (slow and boring day really).. Received an email from my college department chairman who is like the internship advisor or something and he pretty much said, without so much saying i couldn't squeak through, that I was going to fail this semester. -.- Great i am fucked.

So now i feel like I spent this whole internship doing all this work and driving people bonkers to come out of the whole thing with nothing but experience... Which is good I suppose but the internship wasn't just about experience... it was the completion of the last two years of my college education to get a bachelor of technology degree. Wasted -sighs- Totally a bummer and it sucks to see it like that, but that's the truth.

I have decided though to not allow this shit to deter me much in regards of job searching and adding new skils and a new lovely portfolio to my repetiore and resume and keep on keeping on I guess.

Something good will happen... I think.. I hope -sighs-

I did email my chair back and asked if I could get an extension to obtain said hours if plausible... Hopefully I will hear something back tomorrow...

1|2(a)|3|4

Ah dude, I'm really sorry. It's a tough spot, putting in the time without it being enough. Sucks thoroughly.

I wonder how you're dealing with the disappointment? It can trigger things in us. These behaviors that come up to protect us are very elusive and it's hard to catch them acting up in the moment and harder to stop once started. Where are your normal triggers? What would constitute a new behavior or an old one that hasn't been around in awhile? I would watch for those actions and have a plan to redirect the energy into something more manageable.

Be really good to yourself right now and don't try to shut down too many emotions. Instead find a safe way to let them out so they can release the sadness and fear and anger. Then ask them to relax some so you can get on with your day and week. Hopefully releasing that energy will make room for planning and acting on your next step to career awesomeness!

I love that you're looking ahead to see the next possibilities.

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

I use to freak and cry and just plan feel like utter crap... I know now that that is pretty useless way to look at things. I still freak and panic and want to cry and feel like utter crap. As I feel like my whole time as a student now was a waste and such... but it is life I guess. I use to just curl up in a corner and go spiraling into a deep dark state of depression where I felt like my life was out of my control and I was just a useless git that wasn't going to surmount to anything at all... Now I look at this as a crappy time in my life, but I am no useless git and this gives me experience and a chance to add things to a pretty mediocre portfolio and resume and start fleshing out what i want to do with my life and work on gaining the skills and assets needed to obtain a better job.

So yeah, today was a bit of a meh day. I hate looking for drivers and i only did manage to get one computer model's drivers found... but stuff now don't wanna work properly... But that is life.. So now I will just plan on going through and dealing with it in the morning... heh. Slow day really.. A few odd things with some drivers and odds and ends... My college department head seems to be pretty adamant on me not completing my internship this semester... So it seems I am kind of just going to complete it and take the experience with me and hope to the gods that I can get a more degree oriented job/internship and go from there.

Today seems to be a fine day to get my head wrapped around the unevitable and go from there. I can't dwell on a situation I can't fix, but I can still finish up my commitment to my internship location and utilize my internship experience and the things i have learned through out it to obtain a better job in a company/location/whatever for the future.

I have told the wife what sort of career I am looking into in regards to programming (my degree is in Application Software Development, I have done focusing stuff in regards to Human Computer Interactions and how Society is influenced/how Society Influences technology and science). So that is my goal. I am looking into things like Drone Flight Control Systems (Critical Flight Control Systems?), Artificial Intelligence, and Front-End User Capabilities... I am also wanting to look into creating my own software that is pushing for home-owners to live and control their house's expenses and resources as much as possible -- Even though I have yet to figure out entirely how to do it... (IE- Electric Control, Water Flow Valves, Air/Heating Systems, etc...)

So I am pretty interested in bettering mankind with technology. =D

So yeah... Noxy out for the day.

• Like 2

1|2(a)|3|4

Okay, I just botched a whole post in the reply box of my thread and decided it wasn’t going to be worth doing it again there, so I decided to try and retype it up on Word (which I should’ve done in the first place…) but why does that matter to you guys? Nothing, but it gives me more insight and reflection that I should’ve guessed… Let’s start with internship stuff eh?

Today has been… Eventful I guess… Slow and methodical, tedious really… I found out last week that I have to somehow make up 60+ hours in three weeks, this week included…. That’s pretty much 40 hour weeks at my internship, plus my job, plus whatever time I have during these next few weekends to make up 20+ hours towards my internship per week… Not going to be an easy task… >.< I really need to figure out what I am going to do cause I don’t want to botch this internship and it would be a total failure and upset for myself, the college department chair who helped me get this internship., the place I am interning at, my wife, my father in law… Everyone… It would be a waste of time, resources, funding from the school, the government’s money… I know some of this is my fault, but not all of it… So be it, I spoke with the chairman of the college and tried to reason with him, but so far nothing is coming about it. I am going to see if I can make something happen between him and my mentor. My mentor is willing to have me work beyond the 15 weeks of the semester, but the chairman isn’t willing to approve it for me. So there is that mess, I am working towards the end of this mess in the best fashion I can.

As for the rest of things this Friday I have an audiologist appointment for my hearing, something I should’ve done years ago and finally caved when I realized that even with our TV pretty much maxed out sound wise and subtitles I am having issues with watching movies and TV shows, so it is time to get that looked at… Hopefully something good comes out of it… This Saturday is also my wife and I’s 6-year anniversary of our marriage and this June will mark a whole decade of being with each other as a couple (we started dating 10 years ago in June).

Thanks to a few people in chat these last few months I have found a few things I need to work on in regards to keeping my sanity.  So that extent here is what I am going to start doing:

1.        Figure out a daily structure (aka schedule) that includes what must do things with times: this means appointments, schedules, commute times, events, etc.

2.        Pull out some me time in the chaos I call my life

3.        Finish this internship and figure out HOW

4.        Start up a daily journal of some sort – I carry a weekly planner with me but keep forgetting about it and therefore not use it… Shame on me, start using it >.<

5.        Pack my damn lunch – especially for work.

6.        Start carrying my bag with me everywhere, it may be weird to take it with me to internship and work, but hey it’s there for a reason… Wife carries her purse, we always take Izzy’s diaper bag with us no matter if we are just going down the road to the inlaws… Why not bring my bag too?

7.        Figure out the necessaries for said bag – laptop, chargers, shelf stable foods, water, pens, pencils, markers, box cutters, appropriate clothes, a way to carry lunch, a book, etc.

I think that’s everything for now?

• Like 1

1|2(a)|3|4

Hey NG,

So other than a few too many negatives directed at yourself, I'd say you have a decent plan going here.

I really hope the internship can be completed. I know you've worked really hard and want it badly enough.

If you're going to work triple time, make sure that bag holds all your tools to overcome your kryptonite.

You are a very brave person. Just thought I would remind you... good luck.

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

First off, thank you T for reminding me that I am a very brave person (still trying to figure out that entirely sometimes heh) This internship will be completed one way OR the other. I am damn determined to make it happen (even if I have to go to the point of lying to the department chair and making the hours happen after the internship anyway if my mentor will allow it to happen... I am not sure what negatives you are making mention of? I think? Long days have made it extremely hard for me to reread things and actually know what is going on sometimes -.-

Not to mention other going ons with my brain and wha tnot. LOL

As for the whole beating Flash part one step at a time eh? I finished up documentation finally for the school for the drone, so that is cool! I got another document to write and I am hoping i can complete it over this weekend as well as other tasks and such my wife and I have planned for our anniversary. Yay! It has been a long last few weeks and I am finally getting somewhere with it... Now to just finish things up and move on with my life and career and be done with college and the strain it has given me.

• Like 1

1|2(a)|3|4

This moment in your mind when you were writing it. I reckon it's more about piling on of catastrophe and pressure as opposed to negativity.

You have gained a lot from what you have done with this internship - stuff you can recall already and stuff that's still peculating in your brilliant mind. I know it's hard to separate the feeling from worst case scenario assumptions so I just wanted to mention it. You are simply a bit tender right now and it's possible to take in that 'everything's wasteful' thinking and believe it, if it goes unchecked. If you can realize the emotions that are trying to get out, you can put reality back into perspective. This way, you can keep the assumptions from cutting your next interesting attempt short. A long way of saying, don't believe what you wrote below... fail or don't fail, it's all learning and that is never a waste for anyone involved. Just saying. LOL

"and it would be a total failure and upset for myself, the college department chair who helped me get this internship., the place I am interning at, my wife, my father in law… Everyone… It would be a waste of time, resources, funding from the school, the government’s money… I know some of this is my fault, but not all of it… "

OOHH Anniversary, yay! Congrats you two!

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

I will write a reply tonight or tomorrow, depending on available time

If you are to beat the Flash, you got to be faster!!

just saying...

Wheymen