crar4321 - round two

crar4321

Hi everyone! I'm Crar, a brand new Adventurer, running on the momentum of successfully finishing my first challenge with the recruits! Hopefully I can do even better this time around and smash the next six weeks!

A little bit about me - I'm a 22 year old British student. I was a competitive swimmer throughout my teenage years. On stopping swimming when things like jobs/studying/social life got in the way, I piled on the pounds by keeping on eating like I was a swimmer. I'm now determined to use the final 18 months of my university life to make good healthy habits that will last a lifetime.

So without further ado - the challenge!

Main Quest

My main quest is, as it was in the last challenge, to fit into some awesome jeans that I've had forever but never been able to wear. To do this I need to lose a couple of inches here and there. I also want to be generally fitter/harder/better/faster/stronger

Specific Goals

- Two days per week, all the meals I eat must be paleo. In the last challenge, I made a new paleo recipe every week and I really enjoyed discovering new tastes and adapting my cooking to some different ingredients. This time around I want to take it further, increase the amount of paleo foods I eat and force myself to look at paleo options I can take as a packed lunch, something I avoided last time around. For this goal, I am going to award myself +4 CON points (A = 12+ days of paleo throughout the challenge, +4CON, B = 9 - 12 days of paleo, +3CON, C = 6 - 9 days of paleo, +2CON, F = less than 6 days paleo, no points, challenge fail)

- No junk food alone. What this means is that I will never eat junk food (sweets, crisps, chocolate, cake, pastries, biscuits, the list goes on) by myself. For example, if I meet up with some friends for lunch and my sandwich comes with crisps, I will eat the crisps. But I cannot go out and buy a packet of crisps and scoff them by myself. I have decided on this goal because I know that eating treats with other people means I will do a better job at regulating how much I eat while still getting to enjoy some tasty treats. This is following on from my last challenge, where I ate no crisps (even though I really love them) for the whole 6 weeks. Points! +2 CON and +2 STA (for the resolve to continue resisting the cravings) if I never binge on junk while alone! No points if I cave in to the urges!

- Exercise! Specifically, 6 workouts per week! At least two of these must be running (5km+) and at least two of these must be the legendary Beginner Body Weight Workout. Other workouts could be a fitness class, a swim, a yoga video, whatever takes my fancy. Points available: +2STR for the BBWW, +2STA for the running, +1 of an attribute most appropriate to whatever other workouts I do. Weighting of points may be adjusted if I have an injury that prevents/limits me doing a certain exercise (like I did in the final week of the last challenge). Points will be docked appropriately for each workout missed - if I miss a run/BBWW on more than 1 occasion, that's one point lost for the available attribute, if I miss them on more than 2 occasions, that's two points lost.

Life Quest

Although my degree course is pretty busy in terms of work, I find myself facing a fairly light few weeks. I'm going to use that time to do one hour of self directed study each day, six days per week. I know I won't regret this when it comes to my exams later in the year! For this, +2 WIS if I achieve more than 90% of study sessions, +1 if 75% achieved.

TL;DR

- Two days per week fully paleo (+4CON)

- No junk food alone (+2CON, +2STA)

- 6 workouts per week (+2STR, +2STA, +1 undecided attribute point)

- 1hr per day, 6 days per week, self study for my university work (+2WIS)

That's me. Looking forward to meeting some other sexy sexy Adventurers and starting our challenges together!

(Also over the next few days I should get my tape measure out and take some starting measurements, so I can see some improvement over 6 weeks, and maybe chuck in a starting photo as well!)

• Like 1

Aquatic Elf

Level 2 | STR 0 | DEX 0.5 | STA 1.5 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 1

Challenges 1 2

Challenge 2, nice work!  I really like the idea of no junk food alone - it ensures you still get to indulge, but gives you a good way of regulating.  

Can't wait to see your success this time around!

High Wood Elf - Level 2

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 1

Current Challenge:  2.2  Past Challenges:  2.1  1        A little about me . . .

Challenge 2, nice work!  I really like the idea of no junk food alone - it ensures you still get to indulge, but gives you a good way of regulating.  

Can't wait to see your success this time around!

Good to see you :D and thanks for the support! 

Aquatic Elf

Challenges 1 2

Back for round two I see...

You've got some solid goals there.

Best of luck!

zgtu.gif

Thanks for checking in! And I enjoyed the gif :D

Well you are in the right place! Welcome!!

You all seem pretty great so far ;)

• Like 2

Aquatic Elf

Challenges 1 2

Happy challenge-eve everyone!

Before I get underway tomorrow, confession time - I've had an absolute blow out of a weekend in terms of diet. So much bread, a bit too much to drink, and a large slice of treacle tart left me feeling horrendous yesterday. Couldn't be looking forward to hitting the ground running tomorrow with a strong start (paleo starts tomorrow!) and making myself feel a bit less bleh.

Finally, measurements:

Waist: 31.5inch

Hips: 41 inch

Thigh: 27 inch (how are my thighs almost as thick as my waist, what is this)

I have a baseline to improve upon now.

Godspeed, fellow challengers :)

• Like 1

Aquatic Elf

Challenges 1 2

Happy challenge-eve everyone!

Before I get underway tomorrow, confession time - I've had an absolute blow out of a weekend in terms of diet. So much bread, a bit too much to drink, and a large slice of treacle tart left me feeling horrendous yesterday. Couldn't be looking forward to hitting the ground running tomorrow with a strong start (paleo starts tomorrow!) and making myself feel a bit less bleh.

Challenges are wonderful for making oneself feel less bleh! How did you do on day 1? :D

• Like 1

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

We do have similar goals - though yours are much more ambitious than mine. Subbing to watch you make it happen.

• Like 1

Level: 3    Race: Wood Elf

STR: 4    DEX: 4    STA: 5 CON: 4    WIS: 4    CHA: 5

Previous Challenge Current Challenge

Spoiler

5%

Bodyweight Workout 3X per week (1of 18 total)

8%
8%

Cardio 2X per week (1 of 12 total)

23%
23%

30 Days of Yoga - Day 7 Completed

Hi everyone! Thanks for checking in. Day two of the challenge already?!

DAY 1

- Paleo all day long! For breakfast I ate paleo pancakes (made the batter from an egg and a banana) with green tea. At dinner I ate an apple and drank black coffee (not my usual but I was determined to go 100%!) and then at tea, I made the biggest vegetable stir fry (cauliflower, brocolli, peppers, sugar-snap peas and chillis all made an appearance) and topped it with a fried egg. I finished the day off with another green tea. I was feeling hungry all afternoon, so could have done with a snack, but I was disorganised and busy so that didn't happen. The stir fry filled me up good though!

- Exercise: I did two sets of BBWW in the evening (which is the most I've ever been able to manage in one go - hopefully will be at three sets during this challenge)

- No junk food alone: I didn't eat any junk food because it would have broken my paleo streak!

- 1hr of studying: in my lunch break I read and made notes for about an hour and a half.

So yesterday was a 100% success!

DAY 2

- Today isn't a paleo day, but I suspect I am going to be eating the exact same stir fry for dinner as I had yesterday, simply because that's all I have!

- Exercise: nothing yet, but I intend to do a half-hour of yoga before bed to chill me out. (I'm working through doyogawithme.com's program for absolute beginners)

- No junk food alone. Almost bought a chocolate bar on my way home but I resisted

- 1hr of studying: not yet, but as soon as I've finished my NF business (priorites, yo!), I'm going to get down to some work, I suppose. Sigh :P

I'm on track for today as well, yay!

• Like 3

Aquatic Elf

Challenges 1 2

Thank you so much for your kind and supportive comments, everyone! This community is the best, bar none!

DAY 3 wooop wooop!

- Today is a paleo day! So much green tea! And also sweet potato, eggs and a banana! Not eaten tea yet, but I am planning to have roasted veggies (cauliflower, brocolli), boiled peas, baked salmon, and maybe some more sweet potato.

- No junk food today. This is a success. Although I am having a craving for dark chocolate (which I normally barely even like, I don't know what's going on there!) which is a little confusing because it's also technically paleo! Is it allowed on my paleo days? Or is it not allowed because it's junk food? (Answers on a postcard please)

- Exercise. 5k run complete! My first full 5k since I fell two weeks ago but the foot seems to be holding up fine so I am pleased, even though it is not as fast as I would have liked. May finish off the day with another yoga video, I felt so relaxed after the one last night!

- Studying. Complete - I wrote up two seminars worth of notes.

• Like 4

Aquatic Elf

Challenges 1 2

- Exercise. 5k run complete! My first full 5k since I fell two weeks ago but the foot seems to be holding up fine so I am pleased, even though it is not as fast as I would have liked. May finish off the day with another yoga video, I felt so relaxed after the one last night!

Well done, make sure you take of your foot. I'm sure your speed will come back up before you know it.

Not sure about the dark chocolate except that I love it, though not a fan of milk chocolate.

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Green tea is a lifesaver!  I've been drinking it more regularly at work again and quickly realized how much I've missed it.  Your success so far is inspiring me to get my ish together and make my goals each day!  

• Like 1

High Wood Elf - Level 2

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 1

Current Challenge:  2.2  Past Challenges:  2.1  1        A little about me . . .

Just a quick update as I am away for the weekend now:

DAY 4:

- Not a paleo day

- No junk food alone achieved

- No exercise today

- Studying - 2 seminars written up, then lots of reading done on the train

DAY 5:

- Not a paleo day

- No junk food alone will be achieved because I am visiting the other half for the weekend :)

- Just done my two reps of BBWW

- Studying - I'm planning to write up 3 lectures and then probably read some more of my textbook

Thanks for the support, I should make sure to catch up on all your adventures when I get back to normality next week :)

• Like 2

Aquatic Elf

Challenges 1 2

Started an Accountibilibuddies thread for the mini. Feel free to jump in whenever you have time.

• Like 1

Level: 3    Race: Wood Elf

STR: 4    DEX: 4    STA: 5 CON: 4    WIS: 4    CHA: 5

Previous Challenge Current Challenge

Spoiler

5%

Bodyweight Workout 3X per week (1of 18 total)

8%
8%

Cardio 2X per week (1 of 12 total)

23%
23%

30 Days of Yoga - Day 7 Completed

Thanks for the support everyone! Had a lovely weekend and am looking forward to catching up on your challenges over the next half hour or so!

DAY 6 AND 7

- Neither day was paleo, but I did both my paleo days earlier in the week

- No junk food alone achieved. Did have a share bag of crisps, but is with two other people so is technically allowed. Considering adding an extra paleo day in week two to make up for it though!

- Exercise: on Sunday, the other half and I had a lovely run - 6.4km round a park near where he lives. It's so lovely of him to exercise with me, considering how much slower than him I am! However, I have only done 5 workouts this week rather than 6. The weekend away threw me off a little more than expected. Again, an extra workout in week two should be in order to make up for it.

- University work. I haven't done any the past two days, but I am not beating myself up for this - I did well over 3hrs of work on both Thursday and Friday, and only aimed to do 1hr per day for the challenge. So I'm well ahead.

WEEK 1 REVIEW

Had a good week, in my opinion, but not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. I need to think harder about keeping myself on track when I have weekends away - these are frequent because of the long-distance relationship I'm in (although in around a year, we should be able to move closer together, which would be ideal).

I achieved my paleo goal and my junk food goals 100% but I missed a workout and a day of work, as I said above. I'm going to commit 100% to all my goals this week to make up for a less-than perfect weekend.

DAY 8

Most of today has been spent on a train sadly.

- Not a paleo day

- No junk food alone - achieved so far, planning on not having any junk food today

- Exercise - I'm going to do BBWW today, aiming for 3 reps (was only managing 2 last week, but I want to push myself today!)

- University work - going to write up a lecture worth of notes and then revise some practical skills.

*phew* long post

• Like 2

Aquatic Elf

Challenges 1 2