suelk takes it up a level

awesomesue

Alright I am now keeping an official bug count when out running or riding.  I ate 3 more bugs today.  You would think I would not smile so much when riding.  So I am adding a tally of the number of bugs consumed to my signature.  LOL   :)

In being sick I was not able to share this until now.  I received an awesome gift over a week ago.  Is it awful to say I am looking forward to winter riding/running?

Ready for the cold

Okay it would be more convincing if I was not wearing a tank top and sweating from getting in from a bike ride.  If you have checked out SpiderMonkey's challenges then you know she is crafty to put it mildly.  I received this in the mail and all I can say is that the photo does not do it justice.  The buttons are absolutely gorgeous (really is not a great photo darn it) and the blue will look awesome with my pretty blue bike.  Absolutely AMAZING!  And yes I drew on my mirror that is attached to my helmet an I  :love_heart: to  "my attempt to draw a bike".  ha ha ha  I just realized how psychotic I look when smiling behind a scarf....oh my!

So I rode home and got in extra miles to round out to 20 today and knocked out strength work.  Now off to clean up and relax.

• Like 2

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

It has been a good day.  I was tired and napped at one point so I cut my ride way down and nixed the run.  We had a pretty busy day with scouts.  Daughter is still getting over her cold but is not longer too sick.  Basically had it been a school day we would have sent her.  Now we are relaxing watching Doctor Who.    

#1 --  Cross off an epic -- Missed several days of riding but I am back at it.  Legs are feeling stronger.  I have been doing at least one speed session.  I did one today and it was challenging yet good.  I did quarter mile sprints over the course of 10 miles.  My top speed was 31 mph with the resting quarter mile at about 17 mph.  Actually it was quite fun.  Wish I was stronger.  Been rethinking my route for the long long ride.  What I had been considering has many elevation changes.  Maybe for my first 100 I should consider a route that is a bit on the flatter side.  Getting nervous I guess.

#2 -- Lvl up strength -- Keeping up with lvl 2 strength work in addition to doing loads of planks and push ups.  I am feeling the improvements.  I like it!

#3 -- Uh oh and oh no! -- I have completed 132 minutes out of 120-150 minutes for the challenge.  For this week I have 3 of 4 sessions.

Unifying goal -- 75 of 108 meals successful in this goal.

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

I'm glad you're feeling better.  :)

Do you go over a lot of elevation changes in your practice rides?

Thanks.  Yes I do.  My ride into work is mostly going up or down with a little flat mixed in but not much. But doing that for 10 miles is not bad after the first few rides when taking time off due to weather in the winter.  I am having to supplement my time out on the bike with the exercise bike at home.  I up the intensity drastically at times to sort of simulate hills but I tend to take it a bit easier from time to time.  I am chatting with my husband tonight about routes and so on more from a safety stand point.  A couple trails I am considering if I take the way more adventurous route are not the safest.  It really depends on the time of day and so on that I tackle them.

One route I am considering...

http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/672565134

Today is all about the bike.  No riding on Sunday.  My family had fantastic plans for me and I went with it.  Great food including breakfast in bed and a juicy 10oz burger that my husband has mastered.  No one, not even some of the best burger places in town, can touch what he does.  YUM!  We even treated ourselves to the rare movie out.  Avengers of course and it was fun.

Food:  Breakfast - Egg/banana/pumpkin thing and 1/2 tbs pb oh and some ground flax seed

Lunch - HUGE spinach salad and a delicious homemade olive oil and basalmic dressing, carrots, and hummus

Snack - if I am hungry at any point I have an apple to crunch on

Dinner - left over homemade mac n cheese (made with 4 kinds of cheese...my husband is the best...used a good pasta as well that does not seem to cause certain issues for me) and either a salad or something that will balance it out.  I am thinking along the lines of a veg or my snack should I not eat it sooner.

Okay we make that paleo egg thing where you mash a banana and beat an egg into it.  Microwave until set (we cook it a tad longer than suggested).  This morning on a whim I decided to try and add pumpkin puree to just add one more nutritional boost to it.  Well worth it!  The flavors meshed so well and it really was so tasty.  Doing it again tomorrow.

So I mentioned biking today.  I also will get in some meditation and it is strength day again.  I may not be able to do a pull up yet but using more weights and working on the lvl 2 workout for dumbbell I am honestly feeling stronger.  It is amazing.  We only have so many weights at home and lunch/gym is not always an option so I found some strong cord that I can use to tie weights together safely thus increasing weight options.  LOL  Eventually it would be nice to buy some more dumbbells but combining weights in the mean time is definitely going to get me through a few more months I believe.  Very awesome.

• Like 1

In being sick I was not able to share this until now.  I received an awesome gift over a week ago.  Is it awful to say I am looking forward to winter riding/running?

Aaaah! Looks so great!!! I'm glad it fits well! 

• Like 1

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

and your bug count in your signature is cracking me up!

• Like 1

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Last night was pretty good.  I literally arrived on my front porch right as a nasty storm fired up.  Whew.  I would rather beat a storm then deal with drivers.  I was almost hit by someone on Thursday and then again yesterday.  One was day dreaming and run a red light and the other was speeding and going to blow through a stop sign.  I am not sure if I am looking forward to the trip home.  The ride yes but mentally a tad unsure.  

There was so much debris blowing around with the storms that I managed to smile and keep my mouth shut so no bugs were ingested or inhaled.  Granted it was road dirt that got me to keep my mouth shut.  I almost always have a big silly grin when riding.  It is so enjoyable.  Find what you love and boy I have.  It is the same when I run.

Meditated for 20 minutes, took care of strength, and doing good overall.  

Today for food I have the following:

• egg/banana/pumpkin/ground flax seed and an apple for breakfast
  • left over meat from taco night and black beans/tomato sauce/tortilla (not sure if I am going to eat the tortilla but I hate to waste food too) and a nice salad/kidney beans/red onion/a little french dressing.  I am thinking on nixing the dressing and mixing the meat and beans into the salad.  That is how I ate it Saturday night however that night also had a bit of sour cream and cheese which I do not have today.  I think I would rather not use the dressing and eat some of the salad in the tortilla.
  • For dinner I believe it will be shrimp (bought on sale and frozen)/diced tomatos/1 tbs feta/some higher protien pasta.  This was a dish my parents made and if it has kiddo eating tomato and shrimp then I am good.

Activity wise I do have biking which will be around 12 miles today if I only ride into work and home.  Yesterday I got in a speed workout at lunch for the bike and biked a total of 24 miles for the day.  I may meditate again.  I also plan on running 3-4 miles.  I think 3 at lunch due to time and 1 at home with kiddo.

• Like 1

I managed 11 miles yesterday on the bike and a 3 mile run at lunch.

Dinner was not what we planned.  Pizza.  Instead of water I had soda but I did stop before overeating.  However I consider the meal a bust.  It seems that I am hitting 18-20 out of 21 meals a week very consistently.  So if I keep it all good the rest of the week I will be at 20 meals.

I definitely have weight to loose.  Weighed myself this morning and nothing again.  I weigh about once a week.  Some times twice and other times I will skip a week entirely.  I know it is only one metric and I think it is useful when you are around 190 lbs.  Needless to say it tanked my morning.  My husband spent several minutes telling me how much my body has changed.  My shape has changed even during this challenge and I have definitely put on muscle.  But come on....

Made me hate last nights dinner all the more.  It is a rare treat to order out and I do not want to loose the fact it was fun but it certainly is not helping with my longer term goals.  I know one meal does not tank it.  Okay anyway in packing today I realized that my lunches lack protein most days.  In general I do not think I am getting all that I need.  I know when I eat higher protein I do better and even loose weight.  So I added a tad to todays meals.

Breakfast:  a meatball + apple

Lunch:  tuna was added to spinach salad - made an olive oil and vinegar dressing...meant to have hummus and carrots but forgot the carrots.  LOL

Dinner:  will be the shrimp dish we should have enjoyed last night

I am going to try and limit bread/pasta to 5 meals a week (they give a ton of this stuff away at the pantry which is good and bad).  I am also going to track my food.  I thought I had been eating better but in writing it down I can see I am lacking too in things such as protein.  I took a few minutes and just entered today's food into myfitnesspal which I had not been doing for a while now and wow I am low on calories and everything else as a result.  I think I will have to keep this up to help find that balance of good solid nutrition.  My total calories are less than a 1000 for the entire day and I am shooting for 1350 minimum (do not mind going over up to 1500 or so...this is the range I was dropping weight and having loads of energy).  I may have been over estimating just how much I am eating and thus having a deficit to the point of not good.  Not to mention underestimating how much protein and so on I was eating.  I honestly thought I was eating more today calorie wise.  Can't change my food at work but I can add things to when I get home to bring it up.  A hard boiled egg and carrots or something along those lines.  Just wow.

Today activities will include biking with a lunch ride of  about 10-15 miles planned and strength work.  I will also add in meditation this evening as well.  

Okay looking at numbers and thinking out loud here has definitely left me feeling more focused and less whiny.  :)

My eating has hit bottom, you are looking like a rock star compared to me there.  Just too much stress and too busy a schedule makes convenient food too easy to grab.  I am trying to do more cooking in advance, it is just dedication and effort.  I have no problem sticking to workouts, it is everything else.  Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Not only can convenient food be too easy to grab it is also what I want even though I do not really want it.  It is also a way to just wallow in that stress for me.  Our freezer is to the point we need to go ahead and do some cooking and freezing.   :)  Kind of in the mood to focus on soups

I had a neat experience at work yesterday.  I have been marveling at my biceps since this weekend when I noticed they were noticeable.  Very cool.  Well at work I was moving some items in the lab.  In the process I had to rotate my right arm in toward me.  That is when I saw something pop up.  What?   :topsy_turvy: So I finished what I was doing and moved my arm that way again without flexing it and noticed these strange things pop up again.  I felt them and woooooooooeeeeeeee...

I did the same with my left and they were there too.  I have triceps!  I mean you can see them when I move my arm triceps.  I tried flexing and it was amazing to see.  I think my efforts are paying off strength wise.  

Yesterday we ended up having some people in the labs filming so  that nixed lunch plans in addition to my physiology labs being upgraded tech wise and impromptu meetings.  I was exhausted anyway so no strength or lunch bike ride.  I am still tired today.  Tonight my daughter has her final violin concert of the year at school and then tomorrow a play at OSU...her group is doing a portion of A Midsummer's Night Dream.  She is in the chorus.

Had a lovely bike ride to work today.  I love mornings like these where every cyclist, runner, and walker greets each other.  I love riding to work and meeting people in the morning.  Today I will get in strength work this evening, meditation, and a lunch ride.  My legs are not liking me at the moment.

I am questioning if I can do the ride in a couple weeks.  My longest ride has been 60 miles.  This weekend I am going out and doing what I can just to see.

Last night I took a leisurely ride home and really enjoyed exploring streets I normally do not go down.  That was intensely fun.  I am thinking that I may save that route I was working on for another 100 mile ride and might just explore on this one.  This way I can stop home more so I do not have to pack so much (I will pack for sure) and can refill water or make pit stops if needed at home.  This will give me more time to plan and coordinate the other ride.  My husband has been so busy lately we have not had time to chat much about this whacky adventure. 

Lets see food for today:

• Breakfast - left overs from last night....delicious!  I would love to start every morning with shrimp.
  • Lunch - exactly the same as yesterday plus an apple.
  • Dinner - 2 eggs and ???  It is breakfast for dinner but we are time crunched.  Kiddo has her concert and we need to walk there since my husband has class and will have the car.  He gets to go to an earlier performance today.  I was thinking a slice of toast with the eggs but I think I can do better since I started the day with some pasta from last night.  I really like that it has more protein then others but it is still pasta.

In general my energy is very low.  I am dragging.

• Like 1

muscles, ftw!

I love looking at my muscles whether they're working or not! I's a proud mama of them!

Good meal and good sleep. I hope that works wonders for you.

Feel better.

• Like 3

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

The concert was great last night and we had fun.  :)

Today is a total rest day.  I may walk a couple miles at lunch but that is it.  I am fighting the urge to bike at lunch but I think my legs and body would love me if I took it easy one day.  Tomorrow kiddo and I have a run and we will have our family Saturday morning "tennis" time.  I will most likely start the day with biking before kiddo is up out of bed.  

Lets see I biked at lunch an easy 8, rode directly home due to time constraints, strength work, walked, and meditation.  Whew.

Food today:

• Breakfast - same as yesterday but less and instead of shrimp about 2 oz of chicken breast
  • Lunch - apple, carrots, hummus, 1 tbs of feta
  • Dinner - ???
  • Dessert - our daughter asked a couple days ago to end her week with a small cheap DQ treat.  According to her it has been a very busy week and this would help her relax and it sounds really good.  Okay I admit it sounds good but I end up sick within a few bites.  I can do a little ice cream but when it is their stuff with all the extra sugar I can not tolerate it at all at times.  It is very painful and not fun.  I may make myself a pumpkin drink using almond milk, pumpkin puree, spices, frozen banana...may not, and maybe a tiny bit of brown sugar (we make it) or molasses alone.  This is what I want to do but at the same time I know when tired and sitting in the drive through I will want DQ as well and even justify it knowing there is a good chance I will feel cruddy afterwards.  Sometimes within a couple bites I get that punched in the stomach feeling.  The fun of sitting there as everyone excitedly decides what to get and all that does not help.  Then again if they all jumped off a cliff would I?  Yep because they are my family...LOL but in this case I know I do not need to and am tired of feeling cruddy from food choices and drained.  This stuff would not help.  Then again we opened the pumpkin earlier in the week so I need to it so it is not wasted, it tastes wonderful in the drink, satisfies the frothy creamy goodness, will not make me ill, AND it provides nutrition and is not junk calories.  Now my tasty drink needs a snappy sounding name to do it justice.   :triumphant:

That pumpkin drink sounds good.  Keep think about getting some almond milk but never actually got some.  But I have made banana cream with pumpkin so I already know that is a winning flavor combination.  Definitely needs a cool name!

• Like 1

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Almond milk is quite nice.  I like the plain version.  Of the brand we buy they have an original which has added sugar but again I am not a sweets kind of gal first thing in the morning.

When adding banana I do not add any molasses since the banana sweetens it up so nice.  I have nothing on the clever name.  

So I spoke with my husband just a bit ago and mentioned how I talked myself out of DQ.  You never know when it is going to be painful but even if I do not get pain I do suffer consequences.  There is a reason I stay away from milk.  That should help make sure I do my delicious drink at home.  It only takes a moment to whiz together and becomes frothy.  He will remind me even if I do not appreciate it at that moment in time.  Then again I may not have that either.  

I almost always have a big silly grin when riding.  It is so enjoyable.  Find what you love and boy I have.  It is the same when I run.

I have that same grin on when I go jogging. It gets me a lot of (friendly) attention sometimes.

It is a rare treat to order out and I do not want to loose the fact it was fun but it certainly is not helping with my longer term goals.  I know one meal does not tank it.

That is true! Social occasions can be worth a little setback, as long as you don't fall off the wagon. (Which is always harder than it sounds.)

You are doing awesome. Don't beat yourself up. You are getting more healthy and more epic all the time. Just keep your eyes on the trail ahead of you.  :love_heart:

• Like 1

Level Three Oracle of Doom.

Level Eight Dragon Tamer, Warrior Dash participant. Trail runner.   Respawned.

Disadvantage to riding (or running) on a windy day....no matter how my sunglasses fit I get dirt in my eye OR it seems no matter what direction I go it is in a headwind.  Better yet when I turn a new direction completely and am prepping for going up a hill the wind will shift and I end up in a head wind again.  Kind of like smoke and campfires.  No matter where you sit the smoke seems to follow that one person.  ha ha ha  

Advantage to riding on windy days is that when I do grin and forget to keep my mouth shut (I also say hi to everyone) bugs are less likely to swarm so I have not had to increase my bug count for the year.   :rapture:

Last night my husband and I made a quick dinner.  Our own italian sub wraps.  I kept it very reasonable and was still hungry but we had to leave.  We had a play last night involving my daughter.  It was Shakespeare and I never enjoyed it more....ever!  There were 3 different schools doing scenes and the children where all different grades.  Turns out it part of a partnership with OSU, local schools (her school is considered a hub school for this...meaning they get to do a performance and the teachers are learning new techniques to teach about Willy), and The Royal Shakespeare Company.  They had 3 representatives there and it was amazing. Info about it all..... https://shakespeare.osu.edu/ They had freaking first graders and kindergarten children doing it.  I read See Spot Run and they are learning about this stuff instead.  Boy am I old.  ha ha ha  The youngest grades mostly related to a couple scenes by expressing the emotion of the scene in response to lines read by a teacher (which was kiddos K-1 teacher when she was younger).  Honestly it was all very cool to see and learn just how indepth this was and what it all encompassed.  None of us realized just what this initiative was and how much they would learn.  I could not be prouder.

Dinner is ready so I have to run...

• Like 1

Today was 1 hour of tennis with my daughter.  Very awesome.  We are all sort of dragging so that was it.

Breakfast - sweet potato hash cooked with some bacon ends and coconut oil, 1 egg, and just over half an avacado.  Delicious.

Lunch - the drink I did not have last night (pumpkin/banana/almond milk/cinnamon), 1/2 apple, greek yogurt dip, a little ham and a couple bites of chicken

Dinner - pizza homemade

Last night I did not make the drink.  We did stop at DQ and I did not have it.  It stressed me out immensely to be honest.  The drive thru was busy so we went to the windows.  I went to the car and cried because I wanted it so bad despite how it makes me feel and I had this unexpected reaction.  Just plain crazy.  Glad I did not have it.

I completely understand what you went through.  I think the only thing I can eat at DQ is a hot dog, which is not why you go there.  Friday I went to happy hour and every one else was eating nachos, the best food ever :(

I glad you held strong.  You're better off for it.

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

I felt silly for the reaction at DQ but am certainly glad I did not eat it.  It is not useful for reaching my bigger goals anyway so why do it to myself.  Still i realized at that moment that it represented more than just a sugary treat.  It was a reward/celebration of something cool and a treat since we never have it.  We have a potluck on Thursday at work.  Fried chicken from a store and picnic themed foods are on the menu.  Most store bought and most I really do not enjoy so do I go and take something most will not enjoy or just bow out?  I thought about taking what I enjoy eating now and well that got looks of "blah" from folks last week.

Sunday's bike ride did not go well.  I ended with only 30 miles.  The day before I played tennis with my daughter and I kept feeling twinges of discomfort in my lower back.  During the ride Sunday that hit like a ton of bricks.  I did strength work this morning already and when I had to really engage my lower back for a good portion of a movement it hurt.  Today at work i have lost of lifting, moving, and cleaning so I will see how it goes.  I should have stretched Saturday and Sunday.  I am then going to spend some quality stretching time at home.  Nonetheless I rode to work today, have a ride at lunch planned, and barring thunderstorms I am going to ride home.

So my longest ride to date is 60 miles and next weekend I am trying 100.  At first I thought I would bow out and give myself more time and then I thought if I am doing the exploring route (staying within 20 miles of my house) then why not give it a go?  No reason not to try.  Worst that will happen is I ride longer than I have ever ridden but not quite hit 100 miles.  So I am going to give it a go anyway.  I have often been surprised at what I can and have done.  We are off work on Monday so I can recover although I want to do some hiking.  Mental is the hard part for me.  I feel like my legs can do it.  My bottom will not be pleased but nothing too terrible.  I am doubting mentally if I can do it despite feeling like I am strong enough.  

The game plan is to get up and tackle 15-20 miles.  Take a break and eat breakfast and then just ride ride ride.  After a couple hours I will munch on some fruit/nuts as needed and then break for lunch when hungry or at least stop in at home and chat with everyone for a few minutes and not sit down.  I do not want to tighten up.  There is a park I can ride to that has 6 mile loops (I can do that a few times) that would be fun to ride so I do not have to dodge traffic.  However getting there hits some really unsafe parts as far as streets so still working that out.

Food went pretty good this weekend.  I always feel like I can do better but I am doing better than last challenge.  Okay yesterday morning I took 3 ideas I had for breakfast and created a new favorite.  Cooked up 1/2 oz of diced bacon ends.  Removed the bits and sauteed 1/2 a large red onion.  Removed from pan and added coconut oil.  Crisped up 1 medium potato shredded with a large carrot that has been shredded (all split between 2 people so it was not much).  Put the crispy potato/carrot hashbrown on our plates.  Sprinkled a tiny taste of diced bacon ends on top (that 1/2 oz had to be divided between 3 people), then added the sauteed onion, then about 1 cup of spinach that I shredded with my knife, and finally a soft boiled egg on top of that.  As you break the egg the center was thick creamy goodness that spilled over the spinach.  It was awesome.  I will definitely do it again.  We were out of sweet potatos but I think it would taste just as good with sweet potato and carrot.  For lunch my daughter and I shared a plate of protein and fruit all enjoyed by candlelight.  Husband did not feel great.  Dinner was taco night.  I made sure that I had lettuce, kept the meat and beans to a reasonable amount and only had 1 oz of cheese and 1 tbs of sour cream.  I did wrap a portion of it in a taco size tortilla.  later my husband served a treat he had made (lime bars).  They are delicious.  I would rather have those once a month then eat DQ.  I do not plan on eating any lime bars tonight.  Everyone else may but I am good with what I had yesterday and I need to keep it in moderation.  As we say "it is a sometimes food as long as you are not eating a different sometimes food every day to work around it".  LOL 

Today I have:

• Breakfast - hard boiled egg, spinach/pineapple/ginger (make this drink using water, ice and the other ingredients listed...my blender does not break down the spinach as much as I would like but it still does a good enough job!)  Nothing like 2 cups of spinach for breakfast.  LOL
  • Lunch - 2 oz beef/black beans/tortilla (left over taco night) and a banana
  • Dinner - all I know is curried cauliflower...oh yum.  We will figure out the rest later.

With the whole meditation goal I got in more time.  I have exceeded the total minutes I was shooting for and am starting to feel better.  I am definitely going to keep it up 3 - 4 times a week.

• Like 1

Awesome not increasing the bug count :)  Never thought about it but definitely less bugs on windy days.

I find exploring is a great way to tackle longer workouts, gives your mind something else to think about.

"it is a sometimes food as long as you are not eating a different sometimes food every day to work around it" <- love it!  I think sometimes foods is what makes moderation of it hard since they can be lots of sometimes foods that can start to add up quickly.

• Like 2

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Oh my yesterday at work things happened and I took lunch in short spurts.  That means no long lunch ride.  Today should be different.  Dodged storms developing again for the ride home so Monday was a total of 11 miles.  No bugs ingested!

Dinner was amazing.  Curried cauliflower, steamed carrots, and chicken thighs baked with a little coconut oil.  Tasty!

I started my bike ride this morning ingesting a bug.  Yum.  I think of it as a little protein snack until I can grab breakfast.  Next time I should reconsider shouting "wwweeeeeeee" as I zip down the hill near our home.  I still had a big stupid grin on my face the entire ride despite eating a bug right at the start.   :highly_amused:

Food for the day:

• Breakfast - ham and veggy soup  (homemade and cooked the ham bone for a long time to get all the goodies)
  • Lunch - hard boiled egg, lettuce, kidney beans, 1 tbs dressing (not homemade....boooo...catalina french), apple, carrots from dinner with 1 tsp peanut sauce....all sounds like a lot but it is a little bit of everything.
  • Dinner - mushrooms, oven fries (we have potatos to use before they turn), and a protein (unsure what we are going to do)

I am riding at lunch and taking a longer way home by a mile.  I also have a mile run with kiddo.  I signed us up for her 5k which will be July 25th.  My back still hurts and is not better.  It is not worse either so I am going with it.  It was really sore at the end of the work day but did okay riding home I think.  I was working on avoiding rain since I left what I use for rainy rides at home.  LOL  It sprinkled the entire ride and felt really nice.  Nonetheless I was focused on riding and traffic thus not thinking of my back.  Oooo today riding in work I watched a car turn around illegally on the one way street we were on and then drive down it the wrong way.  I pulled over to avoid being near that crazy.  Then he turned around several blocks later and drove back up the street.  I saw him coming in my mirror and kept far away from him as he came back by.  Those crazy drivers. :rolleyes-new:

• Like 1

Quicky update...long night last night.  Our old cat is on his way out we think.  The entire house hold is quite sad.

Rode 15 miles at lunch for a total of 21 miles yesterday.  Walked 4 miles home with bike due to tire issues.  Fix and I am rolling again.  Rode in today.  Meditated last night a little more.  Today I have a lunch run planned, rode 10 miles already, and will strength train at home finally doing lvl 3 since I am feeling strong.  Food last night was chicken thighs and oven fries using some coconut oil (I think that is what my husband used).  We were all quite melancholy and just wanting to hang with our big guy.

Apathetic packing food since this morning was rough and running late.  Actually running late forced a really good speed workout coming in to work.  Normally I just ride but today I had to pedal for all I was worth and ended up 15 minutes early.  I am almost always 5-20 minutes early for work.  I am most often 15 minutes early.  Oh yeah food...

• B - hard boiled egg, moms best shredded wheat cereal, plain almond milk 
  • L - home made ham and veggy soup, apple
  • D - ???  nothing planned at the moment and well it most likely depends on how we are all feeling.  No excuse to eat junk but it may be something simple and quick.

Been struggling with low blood sugar throughout the day at times.  Hit between breakfast and lunch yesterday and then on my way home.  My husbands thinks I am not getting enough protein.  I have put on noticeable muscle so I suppose that could be it.

No lunch run yesterday.  I forgot my shoes and just decided to sit at my desk.  I rode home and had a little fun with it.  Spending extra time with our big guy so I did not do strength work although I looked at all the info while at lunch feeling down.  I saw that lvl 3 has an A B and C workout.  I will meet that portion of my goal this challenge.  Work up to and do at least one lvl 3 workout.  I am doing it this evening while my daughter is busy with something else.  It is mom and daughter time tonight.  I am looking forward to the strength work for sure.

Despite not doing the strength work using one of the plans in NFA last night I am doing strength work 5 or more days a week essentially.  I have a side challenge going on and basically I am doing loads of planks, push ups (so far 2120 for this challenge), and some inverted rows.  Need to do a few more sets of those.

Today I have eggs and banana with a little peanut butter for breakfast.  Lunch is the pot luck with fried chicken.  I brought fruit.  Pretty sure there will be some leftovers but I know of one other person that brings food like I do and we both appreciate the others choice.  They have such strict dietary restrictions due to a health condition there are few things they can eat.  Going to skip all the highly processed junk since I really do not like it.  Although macaroni salad made right is a favorite but I will not eat any since I am thin on veggies for the day.  I need to keep my day balanced and keep up the current streak with meals and making healthier and so on.  If my pal brings veggies I will load up on those and since I stop when satisfied I know I can only eat so much before I fill up.  Thus I will focus on veggies, protein (may make it leaner by removing the skin this time), and fruit for desert.  I love that I consider a delicious juicy piece of fruit as a desert.  Depending on the options at lunch today and whether I can get plenty of veggies in I may do a "breakfast" spinach salad.  Kiddo loves our breakfast for dinner.  I think I will cook a few bacon ends and throw them on a spinach salad with an egg.  This way kiddo will be happy since I will have breakfast with her.  Love that kiddo.

Since I ask she does at least 15 minutes of something physical a day (her choice) I think we are going to spend a bunch of time dancing around like crazy people.  Granted at some point she becomes embarrassed by my dancing.  Looking forward to the giggling.

Took today off biking and keeping it easy in general today.  May do two miles for a run thought.  I really want to run but I will keep it super easy.  It comes down to how my day progresses.  Need the rest from biking.  I am on my feet all day at work anyway and walking around a lot.  On an average workday plus running or walking for fitness at some point I can easily cover 20000 steps.  

Oh yeah I sucked down yet another bug on my way home.  It was a bit on the bigger side.  yum?

Sorry to hear about your big guy - They truly become family, don't they? I'm a sucker for my fur-kids. I'm sending good vibes for all of you. Hope the time spent with him and dancing with your kiddo lifts your spirits a bit.