Kellie's Groovy Health Voyage in a Quiet Mountain Town

Greetings! I'm Kellie and this will be my second challenge here on Nerd Fitness. I would love to sit within the circle of Druids on this voyage!

I was directed to this site through my very good friend Shaarawy and have felt a new motivation to work towards being healthy and happy ever since.

During my first challenge, I learned quite a bit. It's helped me in my journey to a healthier and happier me, and has helped me battle my depression and anxiety. With it, I have found a love for yoga and meditation and I don't plan on looking back! It's doing really great things for me mentally and physically.

So, without further ado -- 

Quest One: "If you french fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time."

Twenty minutes of yoga every day to keep things moving, grooving, and feeling good.

• +STR
  • +DEX
  • +STA

tumblr_ndiz3cwy0p1r4gei2o1_400.gif

A: Yoga Every Day each week (5)

STR +2; DEX +1.5; STA +1.5

B: Yoga 5 Days each week (4)

STR +1.5; DEX +1.5; STA +1

C: Yoga 3 Days each week (3)

STR +1; DEX +1; STA +1

D: Yoga 1 Day each week (2)

STR +.5; DEX +1; STA +.5

F: No Yoga (0)

No points!

Quest Two: "Lu Lu Lu! I've Got Some Apples!"

Keeping a healthy diet is just as important as keeping active! Make wise food choices, keep track of your food, monitor calories in, drink more water...etc!

• +CON
  • +WIS
tumblr_ndda22knq11r4gei2o2_400.gif

A: Eat Smart Every Day each week (5)

CON +2.5; WIS +2.5

B: Eat Smart 5 Days each week (4)

CON +2; WIS +2

C: Eat Smart 3 Days each week (3)

CON +1.5; WIS +1.5

D: Eat Smart 1 Day each week (2)

CON +1; WIS +1

F: Eat Smart NEVER! (0)

No points!

Quest Three: "To wit, I have found nothing wrong with this remote place, and I must admit it will be with some melancholy that I will leave this island and return home."

Ten minutes of quiet reflection. No electronics, light music, and no distractions. Reading and writing is preferred!

• +CHA
tumblr_n5cb89fHuO1r4gei2o1_400.gif

A: 10 Mins Every Day each week (5)

CHA +5

B: 10 Mins 5 Days each week (4)

CHA +4

C: 10 Mins 3 Days each week (3)

CHA +3

D: 10 Mins 1 Day each week (2)

CHA +1

F: No Reflection Time (0)

No points!

Life Quest: "Remember to feel the clay. Be one with the clay."

Arts & Crafts Time! I have quite a number of craft projects to start and finish. I also want to get back into drawing and I have a plethora of Craftsy classes to get through.

• +CHA
  • +WIS
tumblr_lo08nibCFg1qludboo1_500.gif

A: 6 Projects, 6 Drawings, 6 Classes [One of each every week] (5)

CHA 2.5; WIS 2.5

B: 4 Projects, 4 Drawings, 4 Classes (4)

CHA 2; WIS 2

C: 2 Projects, 2 Drawings, 2 Classes (3)

CHA 1.5; WIS 1.5

D: 1 Project or 1 Drawing or 1 Class (2)

CHA 1; WIS 1

F: No Creative Endeavours (0)

No points!

I am feeling exceptionally good about this challenge coming up! I know I can accomplish great things and continue down the road to Healthy.

• Like 8

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

MFP: kelliefications | battlelog | NF instagram

The NF Society

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

STR 2.25 DEX 2.25 STA 2.25 CON 4 WIS 7 CHA 10.25

campaign -  act iiiact iiact i

Aaahhhh I love your theme (Lu lu lu, I've got some apples, lu lu lu, you've got some too!) and your goals are mindful and manageable!! And PLEASE post pictures of finished crafts???? [emoji178] [emoji3]

• Like 3

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Aaahhhh I love your theme (Lu lu lu, I've got some apples, lu lu lu, you've got some too!) and your goals are mindful and manageable!! And PLEASE post pictures of finished crafts???? [emoji178] [emoji3]

Oh man. I had like four different theme ideas. Just means I have things cataloged and waiting in the wings!

I will DEFINITELY post finished projects!

I had some difficulties with deciding on some of my quests. Making life quests really makes you consider how you're doing as a whole and that requires you to think about yourself (and talk about yourself!) and that has always been a challenge for me. Perfect thing to work on in the Reflection part, eh?

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Subbed, must admit I love south park, and yoga intrigues me do you attend a class or have a book/app

Welcome! And I love South Park. Whenever I need a good laugh, it's my go-to show for sure.

I do a mixture from curvyyoga.com (they offer some free videos and ebooks) and I'm currently signed up for a free 28-day yoga course at doyouyoga.com. I'm always looking for new websites/apps/ebooks/podcasts, though!

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Welcome! And I love South Park. Whenever I need a good laugh, it's my go-to show for sure.

I do a mixture from curvyyoga.com (they offer some free videos and ebooks) and I'm currently signed up for a free 28-day yoga course at doyouyoga.com. I'm always looking for new websites/apps/ebooks/podcasts, though!

Sounds awesome, gotta love the amount of online resources available today :-)
  • Like 1

Sounds awesome, gotta love the amount of online resources available today :-)

Right?? Being unemployed, free and helpful resources become your BFF!

• Like 3

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Love your theme!:D

I will DEFINITELY post finished projects!

SO looking forward to this! What kinds of classes are you doing? Which styles, themes etc do you like working with?:)

– In a past life I used to breathe art, then "real life" came across. Now I am re-creating real life;)

BTW, do you know that yogadownload.com has quite a few free classes?

- just spreading the word, as the more resources the merrier (or more confused? I haven't decided yet...)

See you around! And wishing you all the very best of luck!:)

• Like 2

From the North, I am. Grammar applys here not.

Forest Elven Lightstalker Lv. 3

“Little by little, one travels farâ€.― J.R.R. Tolkien.

42%
42%

% of Available Sparklepoints Collected, Current Challenge

<p>

Sounds like a well balanced challenge. Good luck the next six week!

That x-com themed accountabibility group seems great ; stick to your squad, they'll lift you to success!

resource I'm fan of : http://www.doyogawithme.com/

• Like 1

Nusuth Revamped

Current Challenge

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf 

Jon Kabat-Zinn

A quitter never wins and a winner never quits.

Napoleon Hill

Love your theme! :D

SO looking forward to this! What kinds of classes are you doing? Which styles, themes etc do you like working with? :)

– In a past life I used to breathe art, then "real life" came across. Now I am re-creating real life;)

BTW, do you know that yogadownload.com has quite a few free classes?

- just spreading the word, as the more resources the merrier (or more confused? I haven't decided yet...)

See you around! And wishing you all the very best of luck! :)

Thank you! :D :D :D

They incluuuuude: crocheting, teaching myself how to knit, a few cooking ones (with unhealthy food options like artisan breads and doughnuts NO REGRETS!), embroidering with ribbon, watercolor work, pencil drawing, and I believe amigurumi. Lots to do and all fun things! Outside of the classes, I have a ton of market bags that I'm working on, zipper bracelets, and a few other accessories and home decor items. :D

I will definitely check that out! Much appreciated as I'm always on the look out for ALL THE THINGS! <3

Sounds like a well balanced challenge. Good luck the next six week!

That x-com themed accountabibility group seems great ; stick to your squad, they'll lift you to success!

resource I'm fan of : http://www.doyogawithme.com/

:D Many thanks & the same to you, friend!

I really love the accountabilibuddy groups. I was part of the Nerdians of the Fitalaxy for the last 6WC (my first one!) and it was such a good place to be for it. Everyone is just so awesome and supportive.

Thanks! I will also check them out as well!

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Oh this looks fun *subscribes*

Might I ask the specifics of what "eating smart" means?

Not eating Twinkies...

tumblr_mdly2qItBh1rtlbs2o1_400.gif

(Sorry I just wanted an excuse to use this gif.)  (Heehee..)

• Like 4

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Your theme makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Which also gave me my theme for the next challenge if I can stomach it. :)

Yoga is amazing for the depression and anxiety! Good luck!

You can do it! Make everyone's teeth hurt. >:D

Woohoo!

So long story short, I am the resident cook for myself, Mom, Step-dad, and step-siblings. Of course, out of the five of us, I am the most adventurous eater. Meaning, I would hands down eat all the delicious clean foods that are out there without a second thought. The rest of my family? Ehhh not so much. There are things that they try and things that they just look at me like I have six heads. Cooking can be difficult at times because I am trying to be health conscious but also make sure it's something that will please everyone. Which is interesting when the majority are anti-veggies. Fortunately I have caught on to the magical form of hiding vegetables in yummy tasting things while still being healthy.

As for me personally, I need to continue to keep track of what I'm eating to make sure I'm making smart choices. Do I eat x amount of a "bad" food or twice that amount of something more delicious and filling that's a smarter choice? I am of the mindset that it's okay to indulge yourself in the things that aren't healthy, but just do so in moderation. I'm getting back into monitoring that moderation.

If that makes sense! :)

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

It does, and congratulations for fighting the good fight under unfavourable conditions. I was just asking to make sure you had a clear, perhaps even measurable goal for yourself, because vague stuff like "eat healthier" can be hard to define, implement and eventually grade to see the progress made

• Like 1

Lvl 58 Multitasker

So long story short, I am the resident cook for myself, Mom, Step-dad, and step-siblings. Of course, out of the five of us, I am the most adventurous eater. Meaning, I would hands down eat all the delicious clean foods that are out there without a second thought. The rest of my family? Ehhh not so much. There are things that they try and things that they just look at me like I have six heads. Cooking can be difficult at times because I am trying to be health conscious but also make sure it's something that will please everyone. Which is interesting when the majority are anti-veggies. Fortunately I have caught on to the magical form of hiding vegetables in yummy tasting things while still being healthy.

I know, what you mean. My bf doesn't like a lot of vegetables and most meals without meat he doesn't even look at. I can only get him with his sweet tooth sometimes. But to prepar something really healthy is hard. I on the other hand love vegetables and like to try out new things as well. It's hard to decide, what I should cook for both of us. Sometimes I just add some vegetables for me, so it get's more interesting.

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

I know, what you mean. My bf doesn't like a lot of vegetables and most meals without meat he doesn't even look at. I can only get him with his sweet tooth sometimes. But to prepar something really healthy is hard. I on the other hand love vegetables and like to try out new things as well. It's hard to decide, what I should cook for both of us. Sometimes I just add some vegetables for me, so it get's more interesting.

My Mom is the closest to me taste-wise when it comes to cooking, which cooking multiple meals wouldn't be too terrible if it wasn't so dang expensive! ;__;

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

I have to catch up with what you posted but I'm just here to say that I will follow you for this voyage :).

I love your goals and can't wait to see your craft !!

YAY! <3

I'm almost finished a market bag that I have been working on (and have taken out and put back together only to take it out again because I ended up disliking the pattern greatly) so I will post a picture of the finished product soon!

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Hello and welcome!

Great goals, great grading system, GREAT South Park references (Butters is the best!)!

So yeah.  I pretty much love everything about your challenge.  I think you have a wonderful setup for success and I can't wait to see you do it!

• Like 1
Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Woohoo!

So yeh : I was like super skeptical when reading 'smart food choice every day' so that I didn't even bother to ask/point to the S.M.A.R.T 'ishness about that goal.  but now that I've read that quote, and read it thrice over to make it compute into my brain.. 

aye: I guess you have a fair chance to tackle that goal ;)   still 42days is a long time to be consistent.  I wish you all the strenght and inspiration to bring it to an end !

• Like 1

Nusuth Revamped

Current Challenge

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf 

Jon Kabat-Zinn

A quitter never wins and a winner never quits.

Napoleon Hill

So yeh : I was like super skeptical when reading 'smart food choice every day' so that I didn't even bother to ask/point to the S.M.A.R.T 'ishness about that goal.  but now that I've read that quote, and read it thrice over to make it compute into my brain.. 

aye: I guess you have a fair chance to tackle that goal ;)   still 42days is a long time to be consistent.  I wish you all the strenght and inspiration to bring it to an end !

I've made a note to the goal so that it won't be so misleading/generic! It was definitely one of those topics where, in my head, I knew what I meant. I keep forgetting that the rest of the world doesn't have a grasp on telepathy just yet. :(

Thank you! I did pretty well during the last challenge when it came to just recording my food. Now I'm going to be very strict on keeping up with it and making sure I'm not eating a whole chocolate cake or something. :x

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Hello and welcome!

Great goals, great grading system, GREAT South Park references (Butters is the best!)!

So yeah.  I pretty much love everything about your challenge.  I think you have a wonderful setup for success and I can't wait to see you do it!

Thank you! I am going to do my best to stick with it and work hard at accomplishing everything with perfect stars across the board.

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society