Kellie's Groovy Health Voyage in a Quiet Mountain Town

My Mom is the closest to me taste-wise when it comes to cooking, which cooking multiple meals wouldn't be too terrible if it wasn't so dang expensive! ;__;

Sooooo much amazingness in this thread already!

I :wub: curvy yoga! To the point that I am going to sign up for her 2016 YTT course when the details come out. I am glad you are here :) and you have been brought into the fold by one of our amazing Druids...that is even better :D 

And as for the quoted part above...I have a very similar issue, sooo I "attempt" to batch cook giant batches of meat that can be made into a zillion different dishes (pot roast, baked chicken breasts, etc.) and then for me, I eat a portion of meat and some sort of healthy side dish, and make another "family friendly" side dish, and if they dont want any of that (my son is the pickiest kid alive) then there is always some sort of frozen heat and eat meal in the freezer for the kids, because they are old enough to cook for themselves and my health is important too. But that's just how I do it. So far it works :) 

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Checking in and saying Hi from the X-Com Squaddies.

tumblr_n5cb89fHuO1r4gei2o1_400.gif

Are they going to kill Kenny?

I only glanced a bit.  Have you played "The Stick of Truth" by chance?  I only watched a little bit of the Let's Play on You-Tube.

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

I think your challenge is awesomely set up, very motivating and it makes me want to know your journey all the way ! (and I agree with Little Turtle, awesome South Park references haha).

Good luck with your 2nd challenge, sending positive and motivating vibes ! :star:

Thank you and YAY! I'm glad to have you!

Sooooo much amazingness in this thread already!

I :wub: curvy yoga! To the point that I am going to sign up for her 2016 YTT course when the details come out. I am glad you are here :) and you have been brought into the fold by one of our amazing Druids...that is even better :D 

And as for the quoted part above...I have a very similar issue, sooo I "attempt" to batch cook giant batches of meat that can be made into a zillion different dishes (pot roast, baked chicken breasts, etc.) and then for me, I eat a portion of meat and some sort of healthy side dish, and make another "family friendly" side dish, and if they dont want any of that (my son is the pickiest kid alive) then there is always some sort of frozen heat and eat meal in the freezer for the kids, because they are old enough to cook for themselves and my health is important too. But that's just how I do it. So far it works :) 

I may look into making meals for me in bulk like that. I don't mind eating leftovers or anything like that. I'm probably the least pickiest person in the world even if it seems like I'm incredibly picky. It's the Gemini in me!

Checking in and saying Hi from the X-Com Squaddies.

tumblr_n5cb89fHuO1r4gei2o1_400.gif

Are they going to kill Kenny?

I only glanced a bit.  Have you played "The Stick of Truth" by chance?  I only watched a little bit of the Let's Play on You-Tube.

They might! Mwaha!

I haven't but I want to so badly. I've seen a few videos of it and was laughing the whole time.

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

MFP: kelliefications | battlelog | NF instagram

The NF Society

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

STR 2.25 DEX 2.25 STA 2.25 CON 4 WIS 7 CHA 10.25

campaign -  act iiiact iiact i

Cooking for so many must be tough!  I struggle at times just cooking for me and my fiancee.  She is vegetarian, I am not.  She needs to gain weight, I need to lose it.  I wish you the best of luck of balancing your dietary goals with making sure your family actually eats your cooking.  

• Like 1

Level 5 Shapeshifter Monk

STR 10.75   :   DEX 7.5  :   STA 8.5   :   CON 5   :   WIS 7.5   :   CHA 7

Challenge: I am an Avenger

Past: 1st, Draugr, Super-hero, Rocky

A soon-to-be married Kung Fu enthusiast  

Xcom squad mate checking in! I saw one of your goals is to draw regularly? Is that something you have been doing for awhile?

I jealous of people who have the talent to draw. It's bad enough my hand writing is fairly spastic, I definitely lack the coordination for full on drawing. Most of my creative outlets were painting miniatures which is like 3D pain by numbers.

• Like 1

Xcom buddy dropping by,

Gotta admit I've never seen much of South park so some of the jokes went over my head but I'm still smiling!

• Like 1

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Week One - Day One

I have to say that today was an AMAZING day.

tumblr_lp4zn592m51qludboo1_500.gif

20 Minutes of Yoga: A+ (for doing an extra 15 minutes to better serve my accountibilibuddies group!)

Smart Food Choices: I stayed within my allotted calorie intake through MyFitnessPal. I thought I did well for my choices in regards to when the snacks came. I did indulge and finish off what was left of my blizzard from last night. When measured, it was the amount of a mini Blizzard and it was worth every bite!

10 Minutes of Quiet Time: A (I had this while eating lunch. Sitting and listening to the birds and breeze while eating my sandwich and munching on carrots was so nice.)

Projects/Class/Drawing: I did not do a class or start a drawing today, but that's okay because I have the rest of the week to complete one item of each. I did start a new market bag. I will be redoing the other one I had almost completed because the hook size I was originally using was a tad bit too big. I'm not happy with it, but the one I'm working on now is looking much better!

In addition to my yoga, I was tasked with doing 50 bodyweight squats by the end of the week. So far, I have done 20! Not too shabby!

I also got in 6 glasses of water...and boy am I feeling it. :x

I am so tired that I hope that this makes sense and isn't just a rambling mess of MY DAY WAS PRETTY AWESOME. I cannot wait to curl up into bed and sleep until my alarm goes off.

I do have this to put out there: thoughts on ramen noodle soups? I know there are not a lot (if any!) nutrients, but paired with a small salad or half a sandwich? We finally got our hands on some shrimp flavored ones....and they are my favorite ohemgee. I know to use 1/2 the packet to cut back on sodium, but feedback is always welcomed!

And now...sleep. z_z

tumblr_mdkeqjVhVX1r4gei2o6_400.gif

• Like 10

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

For X-Com! Glad to have you as our medic! Love the heart stencils :)

• Like 1

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Not re-capping just yet obviously, but I did want to note something I am proud of already this morning.

When Mom came home, she brought back a bag of Salted Caramel mini Tastycake donuts.

So, I am such a fan of salted caramel anything. Naturally I wanted to try one, so I did.

Now here's the part where I'm particularly proud of myself. In a different time, I would have shrugged it off and not recorded it. It was just one. Who cares, right?

But I did. And as delicious as it was, 200+ calories for 4 of those dang things was not worth it. One was worth it. Four? NOPE. I will save my calories for other delicious things.

• Like 8

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

I don't think Raman would be too bad if you ate half the brick with half a sandwich. Also could mix in veggies and seafood (for shrimp flavor) or chicken for regular ad a way of adding protein, veggies and nutrients.

As long as your not eating it every day, for every meal!

Funny that you should mention that because as I was writing it, I thought about cooking up some shrimp to add to it and give it extra protein...etc!

Eating only half the brick will be my test. It's so silly, I know, but I feel like I turn into Homer Simpson when it comes to shrimp ramen sometimes.

sv1ctd.gif?psid=1

• Like 2

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Not re-capping just yet obviously, but I did want to note something I am proud of already this morning.

When Mom came home, she brought back a bag of Salted Caramel mini Tastycake donuts.

So, I am such a fan of salted caramel anything. Naturally I wanted to try one, so I did.

Now here's the part where I'm particularly proud of myself. In a different time, I would have shrugged it off and not recorded it. It was just one. Who cares, right?

But I did. And as delicious as it was, 200+ calories for 4 of those dang things was not worth it. One was worth it. Four? NOPE. I will save my calories for other delicious things.

When I counted calories, this was the most important revelation - learning which foods just weren't worth it.  Good job!

• Like 4

Level 5 Shapeshifter Monk

STR 10.75   :   DEX 7.5  :   STA 8.5   :   CON 5   :   WIS 7.5   :   CHA 7

Challenge: I am an Avenger

Past: 1st, Draugr, Super-hero, Rocky

A soon-to-be married Kung Fu enthusiast  

YEEEAAAHHHH

*flexy arm*

Things really make you go 'hmm' (like the song) when you actually look at what's in food... I have to admit, it's made me rethink a LOT of my choices.

AWESOME day 1 dood!! <3 <3 <3

And I think half the brick of ramen is fine, even better if you throw your own spices and proteins in there and BAM!, make something awesome!!

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

What do you mean by adventurous eater? I'm the cook for the husband and stepdaughter. Not so adventurous with the eating there. My husband detests veggies and Lilly follows his lead. Dinner time is so much fun. :upset: 

• Like 1

*~Healthy Mama~* 

Mommy to Brianna Lyn as of 2-13-2015

Level 0 Night Elf Princess

Where my journey begins

First Challenge/Kicking Depressions Butt

Serenity now.

Dood! Day 1 was AWESOME :D Extra yoga on the first day!?!?! SWEET! and I second all the other ramen/calories not worth it etc. that was already given! Hardest part about NF posting: trying to find something to say that is relevant bc everyone else always says great stuff before you! So yeah, listen to them, and keep kicking ass :)

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

X-COM squadmate reporting in.

I see we're both doing DoYouYoga.com challenges! I'm on Day 19 (I think) of the 30-day challenge at the moment. 

My best tip for not eating the entire portion of something you're only supposed to eat half of is to simply only cook half of it. Put the other half back in the packet, put the packet back in the pantry, and cook it later. Of course, this means twice as much cooking, so this is more of a "Mere willpower isn't working" strategy than anything else.

I feel your pain about sweet things. I was cutting for eleven months and had to be super-hard on sweets. I'm glad I can afford to loosen up a little now, though "little" is definitely the key word there. 

• Like 1

What do you mean by adventurous eater? I'm the cook for the husband and stepdaughter. Not so adventurous with the eating there. My husband detests veggies and Lilly follows his lead. Dinner time is so much fun. :upset: 

I like a lot of "odd" foods and would try the more non-conventional food choices. My family? Not so much. LOL

Dood! Day 1 was AWESOME :D Extra yoga on the first day!?!?! SWEET! and I second all the other ramen/calories not worth it etc. that was already given! Hardest part about NF posting: trying to find something to say that is relevant bc everyone else always says great stuff before you! So yeah, listen to them, and keep kicking ass :)

THANK YOU! <3

X-COM squadmate reporting in.

I see we're both doing DoYouYoga.com challenges! I'm on Day 19 (I think) of the 30-day challenge at the moment. 

My best tip for not eating the entire portion of something you're only supposed to eat half of is to simply only cook half of it. Put the other half back in the packet, put the packet back in the pantry, and cook it later. Of course, this means twice as much cooking, so this is more of a "Mere willpower isn't working" strategy than anything else.

I feel your pain about sweet things. I was cutting for eleven months and had to be super-hard on sweets. I'm glad I can afford to loosen up a little now, though "little" is definitely the key word there. 

I'm completely in love with that site, and the information and articles it has. As I get more comfortable and build muscle strength, I'm going to check out even more of the classes offered.

That is exactly what I'm going to start doing. Out of sight, out of mind is the way to go when it comes to battling willpower!

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Week One - Day Two

Day two was a rough day for me thanks to unwanted visitors. >_>

However, despite my energy levels being at -293874928374, I pushed through it!

I did my yoga throughout the day. I definitely prefer doing it as a whole, but yesterday my level of fatigue was a powerful force. It would have been so easy to just curl up on the sofa and marathon Netflix, but I didn't!

But 20 minutes of yoga was completed throughout the day.

Quest 1 - A

My eating was pretty good until dinner. However, I still stayed within my calorie limit and still made good choices. I was also plagued with the munchies all day yesterday, but I battled through that, too. I was even under my carb/fat/sugar/sodium intake! I'm not watching those too closely, but I was impressed that I accomplished that!

Quest 2 - A

My quiet time came in the form of coloring my hair. I got some yoga in and did some reading. Mini salon day was definitely good and needed!

Quest 3 - A

Still working on my market bag and also accumulated some more projects including a really cute purse to make for my Mom! No classes/drawings done just yet. I'm cutting it close, but I'm determined to get something done!

Life Quest - TBD

Today is going to be interesting. Going to the doctor's with Mom and then lunch. She's incredibly supportive of my journey, so I never have to worry when I say "you decide where we eat". I really never have to worry about that with anyone in my family, which is really nice.

I'm going to make sure to take a water bottle to keep in the car with me today and a note pad to write down anything I eat in case I can't record it right away into MFP.

Here is to a fabulous Day Three!

• Like 5

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Bluh, fatigue.  Congrats on pushing through and showing it who's boss!! :D

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~