Kellie's Groovy Health Voyage in a Quiet Mountain Town

Good Job pushing though a tough day two! Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Funny that you should mention that because as I was writing it, I thought about cooking up some shrimp to add to it and give it extra protein...etc!

Eating only half the brick will be my test. It's so silly, I know, but I feel like I turn into Homer Simpson when it comes to shrimp ramen sometimes.

sv1ctd.gif?psid=1

That's how I feel with Cadbury mini-eggs.. I can cause alot of damage to a bag of chocolate eggs.
  • Like 3

That's how I feel with Cadbury mini-eggs.. I can cause alot of damage to a bag of chocolate eggs.

I am very very very glad Easter is over.  Between those and the regular Cadbury creme filled eggs, the grocery store has been a minefield.

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

I am very very very glad Easter is over. Between those and the regular Cadbury creme filled eggs, the grocery store has been a minefield.

Local grocery store had them on sale this weekend 3 bags for 3 dollars... will power won out and I totally was able to avoid giving self a chocolate coma.
  • Like 2

Local grocery store had them on sale this weekend 3 bags for 3 dollars... will power won out and I totally was able to avoid giving self a chocolate coma.

THIS. I had to close my eyes to pass up the sale >_< so yummy...so cheap... hahahaha

• Like 2

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

OHMYGOSH.

Let's talk about Week One - Day Three, shall we?

Quest 1 - There was no yoga today. None.

tumblr_mua8ltIy0h1r4gei2o1_400.gif

HOWEVER. I cannot berate myself too harshly because I did spend a good portion of the day walking around. Even though it was a slow pace, it was for a good solid 2 hours. Wandering around Chapters (because I can spend hours in a bookstore), walking through the mall for lunch, back through to Chapters, walking around a bit more, and then back to the car -- it was a good walk. Of course, this does not coincide with my projected yoga every day quest, but I think I can award myself with an ... A-?

Quest 2 - I actually did really well with my food intake even with going out. I was conscious about my choices and felt so satisfied with what I did pick. It was so good! And yay vegetables! And I was able to splurge and have a Cinnabon mini bun after dinner. Water intake was a little less than before, but I still had four glasses in total. I also stayed within my calorie budget. A

Quest 3 - I actually DID manage my quiet time after we got home. It was actually story time with Mom reading out of one of her selling craft book things while I worked diligently on my project. And then everyone else got home and marathoning more episodes of Haven happened. Still! I got it in. A

LQ - I am THISCLOSE to being done with my market bag. I'm even prouder of this one because I figured out what I did wrong in the first one in regards to my stitch placement. This is excellent news because I don't have to completely tear apart the other one. Just enough to correct my error and continue forth! Still no drawing/art work and no classes taken. If I don't get to either tomorrow, I'm making Friday my day to do some kind of class.

So, despite not doing any yoga, I am happy with how the day went because I still got physical activity in, which is better than none at all. Believe, I wanted to do nothing again today and I have a killer headache and just want to crawl under a rock for a few days. BUT I HAVE NO TIME FOR SUCH THINGS.

Can I also just say that I felt hardly any anxiety while being out today? I was chatty, too. I chatted with a lovely woman (with the best British accent) in Chapters and it just completely made my day. I smiled at strangers who looked like they were just having the worst time ever....and they smiled back! This feeling needs to stay forever and always.

tumblr_ls2qkzpIOW1qludboo1_500.gif

I feel terrible that I haven't visited a lot of my fellow NFer's challenges. These past few days have just been a little bit busy. Thank you all for the cheers regarding the first part of this week as well! Always appreciated! :D

• Like 6

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

MFP: kelliefications | battlelog | NF instagram

The NF Society

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

STR 2.25 DEX 2.25 STA 2.25 CON 4 WIS 7 CHA 10.25

campaign -  act iiiact iiact i

Your Chapters must be like me with Barnes and Noble. Any time I go through the mall I start and end there almost every time. Great great job with the goals today Kellie!! 

Yep! Chapters is Canada's version of B&N.

When I was living in the states, B&N was easily my home away from home. It was dangerous. So dangerous.

There were about 298374928347 different things I was drooling over.

Thanks! :D:D

• Like 2

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

It's kind of sad to see many of the brick and mortar book stores fading away. Borders in the US completely closed up shop and Barnes and Noble has done some quiet store closings.

I appreciate the convenience amazon provided but it's not the same as going to the book store and wandering the shelves for awhile until you stumble across something that catches your eye. I do have a Kindle but tend to gravitate towards buying physical books.

Great job on the challenge!!

• Like 3

Can I also just say that I felt hardly any anxiety while being out today? I was chatty, too. I chatted with a lovely woman (with the best British accent) in Chapters and it just completely made my day. I smiled at strangers who looked like they were just having the worst time ever....and they smiled back! This feeling needs to stay forever and always.

THIS IS FANTASTIC.  This is how I think of you, fun bubbly Kellie yelling at people to put their damn Magnadoodles down. <3 <3

It's kind of sad to see many of the brick and mortar book stores fading away. Borders in the US completely closed up shop and Barnes and Noble has done some quiet store closings.

I appreciate the convenience amazon provided but it's not the same as going to the book store and wandering the shelves for awhile until you stumble across something that catches your eye. I do have a Kindle but tend to gravitate towards buying physical books.

Great job on the challenge!!

I miss Borders!! :(

I'm lucky that in my dinky southern town we still have a Books A Million and fairly sizeable B&N.  I love just hanging out in bookstores too... looking at books, picking them up, puttering around.

• Like 1

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

Looking great so far! I'm trying to stay caught up on everyone's challenges but with so many people just in X-Com its getting hard have 100+ notifications every time I get on! I'm sure everyone understands so no worries :)

• Like 3

I hate BAM and wish like hell I had a B&N, although it is kind of good, bc when I do go, I have a boatload of stuff I have to force myself not to buy (Olaf bobblehead PoP thingies and cool tarot sets and all the journals and they sell vera bradley stationary, and thats NOT EVEN THE BOOKS!!!!) but we just have a BAM that is half full of Christian Inspiration (not that that's bad per-se, but I don't read it, and want other books that they would have room for without 3 aisles of Bibles) so even if I want a "real" book, I have to order from Amazon usually bc it's half the price and I have to order it either way.  Real bookstores and good libraries are going the way of the dodo, along with the general intelligence and reading comprehension ability of the general public, which is intentional in my paranoid part of my brain that thinks that everything is a political conspiracy to dumb down everyone so the rich smart politicians can get everything and the majority lets them...but that's my soapbox.

Kellie, you are doing freaking amazing...Smiling at strangers!!!!  :panda: And your day 2 was NOT too bad, you still did a LOT of things even though you were tired and didnt want to...and THAT IS AWESOME :D:D:D:D:D and I would count all that walking as exercise even if it isnt technically yoga, so an A- is appropriate :) 

• Like 3

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I hate BAM and wish like hell I had a B&N, although it is kind of good, bc when I do go, I have a boatload of stuff I have to force myself not to buy (Olaf bobblehead PoP thingies and cool tarot sets and all the journals and they sell vera bradley stationary, and thats NOT EVEN THE BOOKS!!!!) but we just have a BAM that is half full of Christian Inspiration (not that that's bad per-se, but I don't read it, and want other books that they would have room for without 3 aisles of Bibles) so even if I want a "real" book, I have to order from Amazon usually bc it's half the price and I have to order it either way.  Real bookstores and good libraries are going the way of the dodo, along with the general intelligence and reading comprehension ability of the general public, which is intentional in my paranoid part of my brain that thinks that everything is a political conspiracy to dumb down everyone so the rich smart politicians can get everything and the majority lets them...but that's my soapbox.

Kellie, you are doing freaking amazing...Smiling at strangers!!!!  :panda: And your day 2 was NOT too bad, you still did a LOT of things even though you were tired and didnt want to...and THAT IS AWESOME :D :D :D :D :D and I would count all that walking as exercise even if it isnt technically yoga, so an A- is appropriate :) 

Yeah the BAM is close to my work and has a little coffee shop in it, so once in a while I'll grab a cup.  I got my big Doctor Who mug from there too ^____^  They always hassle me to join their rewards program, too.  Blech.  I too prefer the more well-rounded selection of B&N, and their gigantic assortment of Funko Pops *_____*

I love my library card but I HATE having to wait so long for new release books..... ;_______;  It's kind of a double edged sword... do I want a month or two for a new release, or just by it on the Kindle store... auugghh...

I just love reading so much <3 <3 

• Like 2

Yep! Chapters is Canada's version of B&N.

When I was living in the states, B&N was easily my home away from home.

Oh you ARE Canadian!  The part I highlighted is the giveaway.

• Like 2

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

I'm so happy for you !! I'm still not able to smile at strangers, cute guys I would understand but I can't do it at all :/. You are amazing :). And spring is finally here (at least in Montreal) so you have another reason to feel happy !

I also love book stores but always end-up buying 4/5 books when I only wanted one, not good for my money !

And congrats on the challenge, it's been only 3 full days and you are doing an awesome job :).

Where are you in Canada ? Maybe we're not so far from each other (but I know, Canada's a really big place :tongue:)

• Like 1

Ellith - Level 2 - Night elf assassin
STR 3.5|DEX 0|CON 2|STA 3.5|WIS 1|CHA 1

A little bit about me : Here
Challenges : 1 - Current challenge

I found it!  14 years and this quiz still busted me out!

Canadian

People from outside North America probably think you`re from the States, but over here we wouldn't make such a mistake.

• Like 3

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Recap of Day 4 and 5 will be forthcoming.

Guess who decided it would be a great idea to get the stomach flu during Week One?

tumblr_lqxuxxjDMy1qludboo1_500.gif

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

GOOD MORNING!

Yesterday was the first day that I was actually able to function. Despite my horrible stomach plague, I did try and manage to stay conscious about my food choices and even attempted some very light yoga. By light yoga, I mean careful stretching of the legs while laying down and a few twists.

As for grading, I have to sit and think hard for these past few days. Mostly after I have my morning coffee.

I will say that I think my stomach insanity came from the food I ate on Day 4. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either.

I had a sweet chili grilled chicken wrap from McDonald's. Now, I need to just say that eating McDonald's in Canada is like eating at a 4-star restaurant. At least to me in comparison to the McDonald's in the states. Fresh veggies, white meat chicken, and it just tastes like quality. Weird, I know. Anyway, Mom had been craving a Big Mac, which is how we ended up there in the first place. This was after taking her to see her doctor that morning and then casually strolling through Walmart waiting for prescriptions to be filled.

I ate my wrap and the equivalent to a small fry (if that) as we were sharing a large fry. I was more interested in my wrap, to be honest.

That night, we had pizza from my step-dad's favorite pizza place. I was still conscious about what I ate. Mom and I shared a pizza with black and green olives, light sauce (too much sauce is blaaah for me), and some extra cheese. That was probably the worst part. We also shared a greek salad because mmmmmmm greek salads.

It was after Day 4 that my stomach decided it was going on strike. I had had a lot of water throughout the previous day, but ugh. My insides were protesting big time.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized it was either the stomach bug going around (again!) or the fact that I ate a lot of "bad" foods the day before that I had either not been eating at all, or very little of.

Eating on Day 5 was a nightmare. It was such a pick and choose and things that I wanted to eat for a good protein boost...etc. just didn't work. I think I survived on pretzels, though I did manage to eat a little of the dinner I made Friday night. It consisted of grilled chicken with barbeque sauce (boiled first to keep it moist then grilled with the sauce), sauteed zuchinni, and thinly-sliced sauteed (fried?) potatoes. I managed the chicken and zuchinni, but didn't linger too much on the potatoes. I also had one glass (8oz) of ginger ale and amaretto. Without going into too much dramatic detail, it was a rough night. x___X

Day 6 was good. The stomach seemed to be in better shape and I was eating as normally as possible. I was still careful...until dinner time. But even then, I think it was okay.

Chinese food. Another weakness of mine. It's so rare that we get it but I was picky. I had Thai mango chicken which, while the chicken did have light breading, was also filled with veggies and mango slices. I had a little white rice, but mainly focused on eating the chicken and veggies. No egg rolls or anything extra. I tasted a few (3 max) pieces of the General Tao and Orange chicken, but stuck with my mango dish of deliciousness. I didn't even sneak a bit into the chicken lo mein, even though that is one of my favorites. I was also very proud of myself because when the family snacked on chocolate chip cookies, I ate my caramel rice cakes. I again drank a lot of water yesterday and this morning, I'm feeling renewed. A little swollen from all the sodium from the chinese food, but good.

I am going to get back into my yoga routine, finish up my bodyweight squat challenge for my accountibilibuddy group, and make up for the lost time at the end of week 1 with the beginning of week 2 tomorrow.

Also, I can't believe tomorrow is April 20. WHERE IS THIS YEAR GOING?

• Like 2

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

I got a stomach bug my first week of the last challenge, that ended up hounding me almost into week 3!!! I'm glad you are feeling better, and you tried to make good choices in bad situations, it's hard, but you did well :)

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I got a stomach bug my first week of the last challenge, that ended up hounding me almost into week 3!!! I'm glad you are feeling better, and you tried to make good choices in bad situations, it's hard, but you did well :)

I probably made it worse because I was fretting over being able to eat wisely and exercise, and stick to everything. But I did what I could as I could do it, which was better than wallowing!

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Sounds overall like a pretty nice week :) Great job about being a conscious eater, being more aware, and making better choices :D

Also I completely agree, where has this year gone? It's going so quickly!

• Like 1