Countess D'If - Game On!

I approve. There are worse songs to suffer through. 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

How has the weekend gone?  Or have you just been stuck with a debilitating ear worm? 

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

So I have to know if I'm being insane or if this really sucked as bad as I think it did :

Somehow the universe aligned and my entire family was in town for one weekend; and because we don't know where my mom will be heading next, I'm moving to Vegas and my little sister is moving to Ohio, my mom decided to have Christmas/Birthdays/Graduation/Thanksgiving. Which was nice of her. Everyone got really nice, thoughtful gifts, something they wanted, something they needed. My mom even bought something nice for The Marine even though she's a Monster-In-Law to him. And I got. . . $200 in cash. 

Now, that's awesome, I have a ton of bills that will cover.

But that was kind of shitty, right? I get to sit there and watch people open up super cool toys and cameras and a cool loungey chair and a freaking portmanteau for pete's sake! And I get two $100 bills. I'm not just being a brat, that did suck, right?

• Like 3

So I have to know if I'm being insane or if this really sucked as bad as I think it did :

Somehow the universe aligned and my entire family was in town for one weekend; and because we don't know where my mom will be heading next, I'm moving to Vegas and my little sister is moving to Ohio, my mom decided to have Christmas/Birthdays/Graduation/Thanksgiving. Which was nice of her. Everyone got really nice, thoughtful gifts, something they wanted, something they needed. My mom even bought something nice for The Marine even though she's a Monster-In-Law to him. And I got. . . $200 in cash. 

Now, that's awesome, I have a ton of bills that will cover.

But that was kind of shitty, right? I get to sit there and watch people open up super cool toys and cameras and a cool loungey chair and a freaking portmanteau for pete's sake! And I get two $100 bills. I'm not just being a brat, that did suck, right?

I have to admit that there is a certain joy to be had while opening a present, something that someone put time and energy into thinking that you would enjoy.

Saying that, maybe the thought was since you're moving, it would be a burden to give you a big gift that you would have to move to the new place, and they knew that cash would be in short supply soon?

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Yes it did!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: Keeps on Moving

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 62

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Yeah, that sucks. :\ Your mom gets points for being practical and such, but loses points for execution.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Yeah... that is a tough one.  On the one hand, giving you STUFF when you are moving is a pain.  But opening presents is fun.  And it is nice to get stuff.  It seems like she should have talked to you about it afterwards, explaining her reasoning.  Parents are weird (said as the father of a 16 year old).

• Like 1

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

I'm pretty much going to echo what everyone else has said. She may have thought that giving you the cash was more practical right now because you are moving. HOWEVER, that totally blows that you got to sit there and watch everyone else open these amazing gifts and all you have is two bills. I would be pissed too.

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I get to sit there and watch people open up super cool toys and cameras and a cool loungey chair and a freaking portmanteau for pete's sake! And I get two $100 bills. I'm not just being a brat, that did suck, right?

Depends on your perspective. There's the whole 'part of the ritual' in opening a gift; even if it's nothing good or is cheap.  For me though, I'm a grounded person. 99% of the time, I would rather take the cash since I find it more practical.  I guess how you feel is what matters in that case.

For example, I've shown pictures and written extensively on Hobo X-mas, and that's all about the joy of opening thoughtful, stupid, gross, and cheap gifts. That's 100% about the 'ritual'.  Overall, it should feel EQUAL. If you didn't feel equal then it's lame.

• Like 1

deanhowyoudoin.gif

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi