challenge 03: achaedia masters the elements

book 2: water

01. Achaedia gets back up (+2 STR, +3 STA)

tumblr_mj4440jcu11s3kq11o1_500.gif

A less than stellar challenge won't get me down. For this challenge, I am going to go back to basics: Lift weights at least 2x/week. These workouts will not pre-empt regular gymnastics or aerial workouts, but I want to be sure that I am supplementing my regular training with some good, old-fashioned lifting heavy things. 

A: 12 weight-lifting sessions (2x/week) (STR, 3 STA)

B: 9-11 weight-lifting sessions (2 STR, 1 STA)

C: 6-8 weight-lifting sessions (2 STR)

F: less than 6 weight-lifting sessions (nada) 

02. Achaedia takes the plunge (+2 CHA, +2 DEX)

tumblr_mbux8hShV41qbvk94o1_500.gif

Starting on the 14th of this month, I will be taking aerial silks once a week. Trying new things is scary D: but if anything will help my pull-up challenge, it's lifting my body weight by pulling on a piece of cloth suspended from the ceiling...

Also I am going to continue practicing pull-ups at home (on days when I have not done aerial or shoulder prehab). 

A: 5 aerial sessions attended & 90 pull-ups done (+2 CHA, +2 DEX)

B: 4 aerial sessions attended & 75-89 pull-ups done (+1 CHA, +2 DEX)

C: 3 aerial sessions attended and 60-74 pull-ups done (+1 DEX)

F: Less than 3 aerial sessions attended; 59 or fewer pull-ups done (nada)

Bonus: If an unassisted pull-up is accomplished during this challenge, a balance of +4 STR (taken from my previous challenge) will be awarded.

Achaedia packs it in (+3 CON)

994ab991ec06df2ae35689d9cabf8009.jpg

This is going to be a graduated challenge. 

Week 1: Pack lunch 2 times. 

Week 2: Pack lunch 2 times. 

Week 3: Pack lunch 3 times. 

Week 4: Pack lunch 3 times. 

Week 5: Pack lunch 4 times. 

Week 6: Pack lunch 5 times. 

Meals from a box don't count. All lunches need to be nutritious and contain a minimum of processed food. 

A: Pass 6 weeks (+3 CON)

B: Pass 4 or 5 weeks (+2 CON)

C: Pass 3 weeks (+ CON)

F: Pass less than 3 weeks. 

04. Life quest: Achaedia cleans house (+1 CHA, +2 WIS)

giphy.gif

Cleaning is not one of my strong suits. For this challenge, I am going to keep it simple: take out the trash. That's it. Recycling counts. Bathroom trash counts. Anything that I remove from my house that causes my house to be a cleaner place simply with its absence will count toward this goal. 

A: Trash taken out 5+ days a week/avg (+1 CHA, +2 WIS)

B: Trash taken out 4+ days a week/avg (+1 CHA, +1 WIS)

C: Trash taken out 3+ days a week/avg (+1 WIS)

F: Trash taken out fewer than 3 days a week (ew)

Starting Measurements: 

Weight | 161.7 lbs

• Like 4

Level 8 Asura Warrior

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 [10]

Woooooooooooooo new challenge!

Though just as an FYI, for the silks, I think they mentioned that this is a 5 week session for some reason instead of 6 weeks..... in case you want to adjust. ;)

And you will SO get better at pull-ups from aerial, guaranteed!  It's impossible not to.

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Silks sounds like so much fun! I want to try it.

Yay for attempting to cook and pack lunches! I approve!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Still stalking you! Hi!

83-pedo-cat-stalker-copy.jpg

ty_lee_hug.gif

Sokka_hugs_Pakku.png

Woooooooooooooo new challenge!

Though just as an FYI, for the silks, I think they mentioned that this is a 5 week session for some reason instead of 6 weeks..... in case you want to adjust. ;)

And you will SO get better at pull-ups from aerial, guaranteed!  It's impossible not to.

Ah I will fix that. And yay! I want to do one so bad! Mostly because it will make so many things in gymnastics easier...

I LOVE your fourth goal. "Anything that I remove from my house that causes my house to be a cleaner place simply with its absence" - Brilliant.

Thanks :D I try for the creative turn of phrase from time to time. Also that was for just in case there are ever days I don't have trash. >.> 

Silks sounds like so much fun! I want to try it.

Yay for attempting to cook and pack lunches! I approve!

I hope you get to try silks someday! In the meantime you can be entertained my my aerial misadventures XD 

Also I'm glad you approve, lol.

Yay silks! I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures in the air. :)

I look forward to posting about them! Even the things that are certain to be embarrassing :P 

• Like 1

Level 8 Asura Warrior

Week 1 - Begin!

Photos and measurements are being slowly added to my first post throughout the day. In the meantime, here is my workout plan for the week:

Monday: Stronglifts

Tuesday: Aerial silks

Wednesday: Shoulder & Hip Prehab

Thursday: Stronglifts, etc.

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Gymnastics Foundations

Sunday: Gymnastics Flexibility 

I can also tell you that today is not my first lunch cooking adventure of the challenge :) I overslept this morning by a lot (ugh! embarrassing!) so I grabbed a microwave burrito. And a container of Greek yogurt for breakfast, and a protein shake for an after school snack. I'm going to try to get to the store either before or after my workout this evening because I have an idea for lunch tomorrow (and I need flat-leaf parsley for it) and also because I want to make tacos for dinner and I don't have taco shells or chorizo. Or avocado. I should probably inventory the fridge before I go. 

Look for my real first-day update tonight or maybe tomorrow!

• Like 2

Level 8 Asura Warrior

I want to make tacos for dinner and I don't have taco shells or chorizo. Or avocado. I should probably inventory the fridge before I go. 

Freaky mind-meld - it's taco night for me, too!  And I also need to shop for it........ ;)

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Day One

Today was kind of difficult. First of all, I overslept. My phone woke me up, and it was my work asking where I was. Ugh. And then after school some of the teachers got emails that they need to meet with the principal and HR tomorrow and they were all so worried. I know what's going to happen, but it sucks. Ugh. After work I went to the store and I cried on the way. When I got home I made and ate tacos and had oreos for dessert. Then I took a nap. The end result of all of that is I didn't get to the gym, and now it's 11. So, I don't know when I'll make that workout up. I might have to do Friday or double up one day. 

01. 0/12, for the reasons mentioned above.

02. Aerial silks starts tomorrow! I did 5/90 assisted pull-ups.

03. Today I brought a burrito for lunch. I started making something awesome for tomorrow though!! 0/2 for the week so far.

04. I took out the trash in my study. 1/5 for the week. 

Now to finish packing lunch. I am probably going to have coffee. I was going to have a beer with my tacos but they were warm and now that they're cold I would rather have coffee. Then I will fold some laundry, take a soak in the tub, and go to bed. 

• Like 2

Level 8 Asura Warrior

You had me at aerial silks. Can't wait to see how you like it! One day I will try it for myself.

I am sorry you had a rough day. I hope things are better for you today.

I am supposed to have my first class today! I will definitely report in afterward!

Level 8 Asura Warrior

Day Two

I am going to try to update everything now. And then I am going to take a bath and go to bed. I can't believe it's only Tuesday. I swear I aged at least a week today. 

So today after school, four of my coworkers were reassigned due to Reasons (you can read more about it in my battle log if you're really interested). The result was that there was much crying and uncertainty. The people who were transferred were all people hired within a year of me. Eventually one not very nice person implied that the only reason I did not get fired was because my mom is the superintendent (1. that is not true. My mother has nothing to do with school-level hiring and firing, and I have very good evaluations. 2. No one got fired. They are being moved to other schools.) I just brushed it off, but then one of the teachers came up to me afterward and said that she thought that was unfair. And I started to cry because even though I know that other person was just angry and it isn't personal, it sort of felt like a slap. It hurts to be told that you don't deserve your job. And also I really like all of the people who are leaving and I am going to miss them and it just feels really horrible. Other than an hour and a half during aerial and 20 minutes when I was napping, I haven't stopped crying since.

Anyway, on to the challenges~

01. Today was an aerial day, so no stronglifts. 

02. Today was my first day of aerial! It turns out I can hold my weight up enough to jump into a tuck. I can pike if someone helps me, which is interesting since I don't have the flexibility to pike in gymnastics. I cannot climb because I can't hold my weight on my arms long enough to rewrap my feet. I liked the foot lock because that was pretty much the only time it felt like I was off the ground, and also it was sort of easy. I was able to correctly lean forward and backward in the foot lock (I think) but it didn't feel graceful at all. And I think I am going to have weird bruises on my feet. 

I would like to do open gym, but Saturdays are Gymnastics Foundations, and depending how many deliveries I have, it may not be possible to get to Boulder by 3. That said, I do have Monday the 27th off, so I can possibly attempt that day's open gym. Also I might know more by then. We'll see. 

03. I made both lunch and breakfast today! Only lunch counts toward the goal of course, but I will show you anyway. First the lunch:

3CA7B3FF-3D9C-48CC-B137-23ADA3A1FF52_zps

It was quinoa salad with flat leaf parsley, avocado, cucumber, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. And salt and pepper. I didn't really like it. Too many leaves, and I couldn't taste the olive oil or vinegar. Maybe it would be better if I dressed it before I ate it. Idk. The avocado and cucumber were good. 

Breakfast: 

05B45FC2-DA74-4E4F-8F0F-561764F7CF2B_zps

Chia pudding (black chia seeds, cashew milk, applesauce, vanilla extract, cinnamon). You just mix it up and let it sit in the fridge overnight, and in the morning it has a similar texture to tapioca pudding. I need a morning snack when I eat chia pudding for breakfast, but it's healthy and weirdly comforting. I might make it for tomorrow, if I feel like whisking before bed. 

04. I haven't taken the trash out yet but I think I am going to as soon as I finish posting this. It's such an easy thing that it feels silly not to do it. 

Okay, that's my update for today. Bed calls. Night, nerds.

• Like 1

Level 8 Asura Warrior

So today after school, four of my coworkers were reassigned due to Reasons (you can read more about it in my battle log if you're really interested). The result was that there was much crying and uncertainty. The people who were transferred were all people hired within a year of me. Eventually one not very nice person implied that the only reason I did not get fired was because my mom is the superintendent (1. that is not true. My mother has nothing to do with school-level hiring and firing, and I have very good evaluations. 2. No one got fired. They are being moved to other schools.) I just brushed it off, but then one of the teachers came up to me afterward and said that she thought that was unfair. And I started to cry because even though I know that other person was just angry and it isn't personal, it sort of felt like a slap. It hurts to be told that you don't deserve your job. And also I really like all of the people who are leaving and I am going to miss them and it just feels really horrible. Other than an hour and a half during aerial and 20 minutes when I was napping, I haven't stopped crying since.

epic-hugs-friends-LOTR.gif

Breakfast: 

05B45FC2-DA74-4E4F-8F0F-561764F7CF2B_zps

Chia pudding (black chia seeds, cashew milk, applesauce, vanilla extract, cinnamon). You just mix it up and let it sit in the fridge overnight, and in the morning it has a similar texture to tapioca pudding. I need a morning snack when I eat chia pudding for breakfast, but it's healthy and weirdly comforting. I might make it for tomorrow, if I feel like whisking before bed. 

I want to try this. I think I'll pick up chia seeds, cashew milk, and apple sauce while at the store today and make this. :D

• Like 1

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

I want to try this. I think I'll pick up chia seeds, cashew milk, and apple sauce while at the store today and make this. :D

You don't have to use cashew milk. Almond milk and coconut milk work as well :) I just already had cashew milk on hand. Also you can mash a banana instead of using the applesauce, and you can top it with whatever fresh or dried fruits or nuts you want, and some people drizzle maple syrup on it (I think it's sweet enough with the fruit) :) It's a very forgiving recipe. 

Level 8 Asura Warrior

Yay silks!

The strength for climbing will come with time.

And yes, you will have weird bruises (or silk burns, ouch!) on your feet (and/or thighs, calves, knees, hips, waist, armpits, etc.) It comes with the territory. ;) Eventually, they get less common from things you do often, so you'll only get really marked up when you're doing new things.

In case you really do want to try it: For one person, I do 

2T chia seeds

1/2 c applesauce (or 1 banana)

1/2 c whatever milk

1/4t vanilla extract

cinnamon to taste

I mix together the applesauce and chia seeds, then add in the rest and whisk it all together, and then just set it in the fridge uncovered overnight. So easy and yummy.

Level 8 Asura Warrior

Day Three

I actually don't have a lot to update today. I was so emotionally exhausted from yesterday that I got home and took a long nap, then did my taxes. I didn't go to the gym because I really just wanted to come home and sleep. I'm only a little sore from silks. Although, shark week began today in earnest, so I do feel icky on top of everything else. Oh well. 

01. Today was supposed to be shoulder and hip prehab. I think I decided to do shoulder prehab on Saturday to make up for today. I still don't know when I will make up my second day of stronglifts, but probably Friday. I won't be so tired as if I would have been if I did shoulder prehab today so it should work out. 

02. Since I canceled shoulder prehab, I will do 5 pull-ups. Which brings my total to 10/90.

03. Today was not that day. I went to Starbucks and got the edamame hummus wrap (which is vegetarian but not vegan). The tomato dip that came with it was amazing. 

04. I did take out the trash yesterday! And I will today also because like I said, it's so easy that it feels silly not to do it. I think I will do bathroom trash today. 

Assassin Mini: The theme is Game of Thrones and I signed up for House Lannister. Idk what exactly we are going to have to do yet. ETA: Now I do, but I'm not going to start tonight. Lol. 

Misc. Adulting: 

• I paid my mortgage
  • I did my taxes! A full hour before the deadline. And it turns out that my state gives a one-time tax credit for innovative vehicles so I get money for the prius I bought last year! Which means that I can pay off my private loan AND my credit card and possibly still have enough left over for something fun! 
  • I mostly finished gathering the evidence I was asked to gather this week. So now I just need to make sub plans and I'll basically be ready for Friday again. 

Life Update:

• Today was better. I talked to my boss, who assured me that a year ago I would have indeed been on the chopping block, but I made a ton of growth over the past year and proved I'm coachable which is what is needed in our staff during these difficult times. My boss ended up talking to the person who made the comments (I said I didn't think it was necessary, but several other people mentioned what was said throughout the day which made my boss feel like it was necessary to address it with that person) and although we had a meeting afterward it wasn't as awkward as it could have been. 

It's 11pm but I haven't eaten so I am going to go scavenge dinner and also feed the dogs. And then crash. In spite of the 3-4 hours I already slept this afternoon, I feel totally exhausted. Ugh stress. Ugh shark week. 

• Like 1

Level 8 Asura Warrior

Day Four

So, the last few nights, I threw together chia porridge for breakfast, decided what to bring for lunch and/or packed my lunch, took out the trash, did five pull-ups, and then did my normal routine (bath, reading, bed). It's good because it makes the morning WAY easier. Tomorrow might be different though, because I have leadership team yet again, which means I have time to go to the coffee shop if I want, and we're ordering in lunch. So I might give myself a break from that routine and just go to bed. It's 9pm anyway, and while I'm past the very sad part of the week I think, I am still exhausted and feeling generally ineffective at life. And if last week is any gauge, tomorrow is going to be particularly draining. 

01. Still 0/2 stronglifts. I was planning to go to the gym today but since I had an unexpected extra day of leadership team this month I was at work late getting sub plans together. I really want to do this but it's just so hard to manage it when I feel so emotionally drained. 

02. Today was a pull-up day, and I am now 15/90 on pull-ups. I think I scheduled 5 3x a week and after today I will be ahead of the curve for once. 

03. I had a little debate on whether to count my lunch, because I ended up packing a veggie bacon sandwich and apple chips. Calorie-wise it wasn't any better than the edamame wrap from Starbucks that I had yesterday, and veggie bacon and vegenaise are processed foods. And even whole-grain bread and apple chips are not in their natural state. Still, I did end up counting it for the reason that I had assembled it the night before, and that it's the first week. I'm hoping to fall into a pattern of healthy meal assembling, but I need to be more comfortable with baby steps. So I give myself a pass for the week. 2/2. 

04. Last night I took out bathroom trash, but the bathroom trash can didn't fill the bag, so I ended up throwing away a good amount of extra trash that was just lying around and my bathroom looks so much cleaner >.> So I'm 3/5 for this week in the life goal so far. Next up is either putting the cardboard recycling in my car and dumping it in the recycle bin at work tomorrow, or using today's trash day this weekend to clean out my car. I might do the latter just because it's cold and snowy outside and my car is so very messy that I don't know if the cardboard will fit. 

Assassin Mini: I did 40 lunges on behalf of House Lannister and I plan to do 20 more before bed. Or at least 10 more. Also I found my fitbit. So, that will help. 

Misc. Adulting:

I don't really have much today >.> I ate a good breakfast. I remade my bed with clean sheets. I.... went to bed before 10pm. That one hasn't happened yet but it's only 9:15, so it can. If I start now. 

• Like 1

Level 8 Asura Warrior

Day Five

Late update! Because I came home from another long day at work, napped, ate a thousand tacos, loaded the dishwasher, and then went to the gym. 

01. - 1/2 Stronglifts So I went to the gym late, but better late than never! And at least I finally got there this week! The app wanted me to deload squats again and I probably could have handled not deloading. But I feel like I need to do it twice a week so that this won't happen. Anyway, today's workout: 

Warm-up: 30 lunges, 2 sets of 5 bodyweight squats

Squats: 5x5x45 lbs

Bench press: 1x5x45 lbs, 5x5x55 lbs

Barbell row: 5x5x55 lbs

5 band-assisted pull-ups

I used the bands at the gym for my pull-ups and it was a lot harder than at home. I think this was a combination of the band being slightly lighter maybe? And also the bar was higher so more pulling against gravity. So I made it work. There was a heavy-lifting dude who got there at the end of my squats and I felt like a weakling, bench pressing tiny 5' weights. But I'm proud of myself for going. Also I love lifting weights, so I don't know why it's so hard for me to get to the gym. 

02. 20/90 Pull-ups Oops I should have posted about the pull-ups here. Anyway I did 5 of them. Band-assisted. At the gym. 

03. 2/2 Lunches I met this goal for the week, so no need to do it today. Although one of my coworkers wanted to wear jeans every day and I mentioned that I feel sloppy in jeans, although to be fair all of mine are too big, and people said it's awesome that I lost 20 lbs since November :) I'm no Maaya, and I could stand to lose 20-40 more, but I guess even losing 20 lbs is something. 

Anyway, one of my goals for this weekend is to plan ahead on my lunch preparation, because I think that will help ensure that I have the required supplies, and that I will not need to spend time cobbling things together at the last minute. 

04. 4/5 Trash Removal I really want to get rid of the cardboard stack I have because the dogs keep knocking it over and it's annoying. I must do that tomorrow. Although then I get into the "must clean my filthy car so I can fit the boxes!" and "must clean my filthy room so I can leave the dogs alone in there" and before you know it, I don't do anything because everything else needs to be done first. But I really want those boxes gone. I hate them. 

Assassin Mini: Only 30 lunges today, but my legs were really burning afterward. House Lannister is doing well with the distance aspect, but I know if I would have worn my Fitbit this week, I'd have way more miles. I need to get it charged! Arghhhh!

Misc. Adulting:

• I made tacos for dinner instead of going through the drive-thru. The home tacos were better anyway because I used veggie crumbles and black beans (with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, minced onions, and oregano for the spice), green sauce, melted pepperjack Daiya shreds, and the green bits of an overripe avocado. Can you get that at Taco Bell? No. No, you can't. 
  • The second all-day meeting went okay today. We got stuff done and my boss said thanks for your help today, which I didn't think I did anything in particular, but apparently other people think I contribute a lot. By the way, I'm glad this week is over. It's been such an emotional roller-coaster. I stepped on poo last night with my bare feet and that barely registered as a blip compared with the rest of the week (although I did go "ewwww ewwwww" and run to the shower to clean it off and make my dog sleep in his crate for pooing next to my bed instead of anywhere else in the entire house). 
  • A few days ago, one of my students said "You remember how you told us that 'alot' with no space is an animal?" (because I showed them that Hyperbole and a Half comic to try to help them remember that a lot is two words) and I was all "Yeah?" and she said, "The store 'Save Alot' has no space." and I said "Well... maybe that's because they donate the money they make to helping save the known endangered animal, the alot." and she laughed. Anyway I love when they remember what I taught them and use that to make connections in their lives. 
  • I think I am going to have to bow out of Carmen, which sucks because I really wanted to do it. But with grad school and the tons of extra work I have getting ready for CDE, I just don't think I have the extra energy to devote to it. Usually April is a fantastic, wonderful month when I get so much done. Two weeks ago I had no idea this was going to happen. I just hope they don't think I'm a flake (which sometimes I am, and it's hard to tell if I'm being a flake, or just being an adult). 
  • I took before photos but I don't think they look any different than the beginning of my last challenge. So I probably won't post them. 

By the way, I think I've added everyone who has a 6-week challenge who I followed last time and who has been following me? But if I missed yours I would love to be pointed toward it :)

• Like 1

Level 8 Asura Warrior

Day Six

This is going to be a quick post because I'm pretty much too tired to write much :P But I want to update while I'm thinking about it. 

01. I think I am only going to get 50% on this one this week. I thought about attempting weight lifting tomorrow, but after today, I think I am going to need a rest/stretch day. 

02. I actually did 13 pull-ups today in gymnastics, and then lots of arm work during open gym at the aerial place. But I am going to keep the count at 20/90 for this week, since I am already ahead of schedule, and technically since I did gymnastics/aerial stuff, today is not a pull-up day. 

03. It's a weekend, so cooking doesn't count. Although I did make an apple sage sausage and tofu scramble (with zucchini) for dinner. It was a good, protein-filled dinner which was what I think I needed. And I had dried apples for dessert with two cups of coffee. 

Tomorrow I want to create my lunch plan, and then go to the store so I will be all ready for the week. 

04. Still at 4/5 for the week. Idk if I can get the cardboard out tomorrow. If I can't, I'll just take out the cans/bottles, or do a garbage sweep of my car.

Assassin Mini: I wore my fitbit, but it didn't count any steps. Which sucks since I was specifically making an effort to do steps, and also there was jogging. I also did 36 lunges at gymnastics as part of our conditioning warm-up thingie, and then 4 more at open gym just to even things out. 

Misc: Other than making dinner, I don't think I did much adultness today. I took out the dogs. I delivered meals to sick people (I do that every week though). In non-adultness, I went to Starbucks 3 times today, and I only need 4 more foxfire clusters to make the ley line-infused clay pot for Mawdrey. 

• Like 1

Level 8 Asura Warrior

Sunday Plans

Food Plans: I'm about to go brave the grocery store and pick up some essentials. I need more fruit and tofu and some other things. For my 2 homemade lunches this week, I am thinking about making this and maybe eating some of it today with a vegan sausage for one meal, and then taking it to work 2 days this week, and that will be one challenge down. 

This doesn't count for my quest, but I made pancakes from scratch this morning :D I used organic whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, canola oil, cashew milk, and a little bit of salt. And topped it with maple syrup. It occurred to me afterward that it would have tasted better with vegan butter. Or bananas. When I eat the rest of the batch tomorrow I will more likely be better stocked. 

88f18605-65da-4e76-a124-061f76902f24_zps

Workout Plans: I am sooooo sore ;_; it's taken me so long to get moving this morning because everything hurts. I am definitely going to do some foam rolling, and I'm going to Gymnastics Flexibility, which should be good (an hour of stretching in a warm room, yes please!) and maybe nothing else. Tomorrow I want to get into the gym for weights though. So I am going to try to make this a good rest/recovery day. 

Other Good Plans: If I get to the store soon I can stop at the pet store for dog food, and then maybe at the thrift store~ I need jeans that fit and maybe a couple of new shirts. Also I should do laundry and cleaning. And grad school stuff, ughhhh. 

Things I Probably Shouldn't Do: It won't take me very long to get 4 more foxfire clusters and make that ley line-infused pot. I really want Mawdrey. I have half a bank tab of bloodstone dust for it to eat... and GW2 is already there, pinned to my task bar, beckoning to me...

• Like 1

Level 8 Asura Warrior

Day Seven

I meant to go to bed like an hour ago. >.< How does this always happen? Anyway I don't feel like doing a week summary because I feel like going to bed D: so I will put week totals here. 

01. 1/2 Stronglifts

Between horrible emotional stuff going on at work and shark week my scheduling was off :/ but I will try to do better this week. Starting tomorrow, I hope. 

02. 2/1 Aerial Silks; 20/90 Pull-ups

This was a good week for arm strength and I have the massive DOMS to prove it :D I really want to be able to pull myself up on top of things like monkey bars and silks and rings :(

03. 2/2 Lunches

One of them wasn't the healthiest thing, but I went shopping today and I feel prepared to tackle this week :D But maybe not till Tuesday. Tomorrow might be a burrito day. 

04. 4/5 Trash Removal

unless I take something out tonight. But I don't have an entire bag of trash, and I don't have recycling on-site and just putting it into my messy car seems like a cop-out. 

Assassin Mini: House Lannister won for running distance! And we put up a good showing on lunges, thanks mostly to two really bamf lungers. My legs want to fall off after like 50 @.@ Anyway this week is hunting partying with cute itty animals. And since i'm pretty sure I can out-situp anyone, I choose to hunt do situps and catch so many bunnies for House Lannister. My abs are sooooooooooo sore from yesterday, and I wasn't planning to do anything today except stretching and foam rolling, but I went ahead and knocked out 50 situps. Bam! One bunny down! 

Oh, and participating in the first mini gets me an extra +1 STA for this challenge. Not too shabby. 

Misc. Adulting: 

• I turned in my discussion post and replies (late, but I was thinking about not doing it at all, so this is actually a victory)
  • I made breakfast! From scratch!
  • I went to Gymnastics Flexibility. We did middle split and it wasn't actually relaxing at all. 
  • I went grocery shopping and bought good foods!
  • I made a ley-line infused clay pot and planted the mysterious seed in it! I wonder what it will become!
  • I found out you can salvage ectos to get crystalline dust! So now I have crystalline dust and no ectos!
  • I did two loads of laundry: Heavies and Darks. And I sorted the two remaining loads I need to do (Towels and Lights). 
  • I signed up for a class on teaching science to little kids at the Museum of Nature and Science for June. 

Looking Ahead:

This is a four day week because I have Friday off (yesssssss). I need to do my Module 2 assignment and Week 3 discussions. The art show is Wednesday and my class made a good showing (IMHO) so I will be there. I have things I need to clean and donate and stuff. I need to take Sgt. Pepper to the vet, and to wash him because he is smelly. Valy could stand to be groomed as well. Anyway, here is the workout plan:

Monday: Stronglifts

Tuesday: Aerial silks

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Stronglifts, etc.

Friday: Gymnastics Foundations

Saturday: Shoulder prehab

Sunday: Gymnastics flexibility

I wonder if other people get more ideas for challenges than humanly possible. Like right now I feel like I need more cleaning challenges, a foam rolling challenge, a no HFCS challenge, and a water intake challenge. I have to tell myself to calm down and keep doing the baby steps because I'll get there. But it's so sloooooowwwwwwww. /whine

Okay, time for bed so I can wake up early and have leftover pancakes. Ooh, a waking up early challenge. That too. And maybe a sleeping challenge. 

ETA: Two bunnies down. Someone already had two bunnies and I didn't want to lose at sit-ups. Ugh, I'm so competitive. 

• Like 1

Level 8 Asura Warrior