Jumun is Buffing up!! [B00024228]

Asuka

Difficult times ahead are planned... uncertainty is high. We need a full team of heroes to carry us successfully to the end of this challenge!! 

Who better to do so than the Slayer and the Slayerettes??

ea_b_s1cast.jpg

Let's save the world! destroy this challenge!

1- Adopt Buffy's workout routine (almost)

Go back to more strenuous workouts. This means up the difficulty on the cardio bike until the exam and then go back to strength training afterwards. 

Weeks 0-2: Cardio: x5 30' per week (level 3 out of 12 on the bike! YES I can do it)

Weeks 3+: Cardio 3x 30' (level 3 please), and 2x a strength training routine (lower, bodyweight workout, etc.) + go back to dance class twice a week

Goal: 5 points per week (A=5, B=4.5, C=4)

Fighter Bonus: +1 point for 20 minutes of boxing exercises!

At stake: +3 STR

d379d8f6435df02df77c6f17e59cdb00.jpg

2- Be as good a student as Willow

I neeeeeeeeed to pass my exam and pass it well. It could be THE differentiating factor for my next job. So let's rock these books!!

Weeks 0-2: AMSAP (as much study as possible), with a minimum of 10 hours per week

Weeks 3+: 6 hours of classes and self-study to catch-up on what I am missing now

Goal: 10 then 6 points per week (A=Full, B=Full-0.5, C=Full-1)

Geek Bonus: +1 point for each Korean drama finished weeks 3-6!

On the library table: +3 WIS

tumblr_inline_n8j17ro2pg1sygp2q.gif

3- Avoid Xander's fate - Don't eat your twin!!

While studying and being stressed out I tend to overeat... Chocolate becomes my only friend. Let's change this!

New rules to follow, building on the previous challenges:

a- no carbs during meals (-0.5 per meal with carbs, but 2 exceptions allowed per week)

b- 1 portion of dessert per day (-0.25 per additional portion of dessert, 2 additional desserts allowed per week)

c- NO snacking, but 1 break in the afternoon (-0.25 per portion of snack, 2 snacks allowed per week)

if all 3 are done, then I get 1 point, if not I get the penalty beyond the authorized limit

Goal: 5 (0-2) then 6 points (3+) per week (A=Full, B=Full-0.5, C=Full-1)

Over-eater Bonus: +0.5 point for a 16h fast, +1 point for a 24h one!

On the kitchen counter: +2 STA, +1 CHA

tumblr_m5j2ty2Q7S1rw600ao1_500.gif

4- Apply Cordelia's beauty rules

Beauty is to be protected and sleep is to be cherished. But the studying sometimes makes it hard... Thankfully Cordy is here to help!

Go to bed before midnight (weeks 0-2) / 11pm (weeks 3+), no cellphone 1 hour before bed (exception: setting the alarm clock and checking for sis' messages)

Goal: 6 (0-2) then 5 points (3+) per week (A=Full, B=Full-0.5, C=Full-1)

Beauty Bonus: +0.5 point for pampering myself (e.g., doing a mask, getting a massage, etc.)

In front of the mirror: +1 CON, +1 CHA

anigif_enhanced-25404-1393908953-23.gif

5- Channel Giles' wisdom

Glasses, deep gaze, British accent... all this is synonymous of wisdomous, right? Although he was a big rough in his teenage years, Giles embraced the path of the Watchers, full of knowledge and wisdom and (almost) always knowing the right way out 

Practice active self reflection, thinking about life, sitting with emotions, engaging in mindfulness, evaluating needs, meditating, etc. 30 minutes weekly (or 5' per day 6 days a week). Also keep up the journaling. 

Goal: 30 minutes per week and journaling daily (A=6, B=5.5, C=5)

Librarian Bonus: +1 point for each book finished (2 points if more than 500 pages), +0.5 point for a cup of English breakfast sipped quietly while not doing anything else

With the reading glasses: +2 WIS

tumblr_static_sassy_eyebrow_raise.gif

I'll also count on the minis to help fight against the vampire threatening to invade!

Hope the team will be enough to carry me over for the next seven weeks!! 

• Like 4

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fall." Confucius

18 days before my exam and I am still barely passing in the mock exams I do... I felt so down and cried so hard over this. 

Then this morning I woke up and went back to studying. It's the Ciiiiiiiircle of liiiiiiiife!!!

And also, some perseverance quotes which really made my day, just in case anyone need a pick-me-up!

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'

--Mary Anne Radmacher, American author and artist

Fall seven times and stand up eight.

--Japanese Proverb

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.

--Henry Ford (1863-1947), founder of Ford Motor Company

A failure is not always a mistake. It may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.

--B.F. Skinner (1904-1990), American psychologist

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.

--Robert Collier (1885-1950), American self-help author

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

--Confucius (551-479 BC), philosopher

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.

--Newt Gingrich (1943- ), American politician, historian, and author

Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.

--Julie Andrews (1935- ), English film and stage actress

Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.

--William Feather (1889-1981), American author

Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.

--Dale Carnegie (1888-1955), world-renowned author and speaker

Failure is often that early morning hour of darkness which precedes the dawning of the day of success.

--Leigh Mitchell Hodges (1876-1954), journalist and poet

We will either find a way or make one.

--Hannibal (247-182 BC), Carthaginian General

And my favorite one:

It always seems impossible until it's done.

--Nelson Mandela (1918-2013), South African anti-apartheid leader

• Like 1

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fall." Confucius

Buffy's awesomeness knows no bounds....

Also, small woot, but woot nonetheless on this pre-challenge: I managed to bike 12km within 30min at level 3 this morning! It's not much, but I'm celebrating small things rather than wait for giant ones. So WOOT! for this morning workout!! ^_^

2605391884_2.gif

Yay biking! Yay Biking!! YAY BIKING!!!

• Like 2

Difficult times ahead are planned... uncertainty is high. We need a full team of heroes to carry us successfully to the end of this challenge!! 

Who better to do so than the Slayer and the Slayerettes??

ea_b_s1cast.jpg

Let's save the world! destroy this challenge!

1- Adopt Buffy's workout routine (almost)

Go back to more strenuous workouts. This means up the difficulty on the cardio bike until the exam and then go back to strength training afterwards. 

Weeks 0-2: Cardio: x5 30' per week (level 3 out of 12 on the bike! YES I can do it)

Weeks 3+: Cardio 3x 30' (level 3 please), and 2x a strength training routine (lower, bodyweight workout, etc.) + go back to dance class twice a week

Goal: 5 points per week (A=5, B=4.5, C=4)

Fighter Bonus: +1 point for 20 minutes of boxing exercises!

At stake: +3 STR

d379d8f6435df02df77c6f17e59cdb00.jpg

2- Be as good a student as Willow

I neeeeeeeeed to pass my exam and pass it well. It could be THE differentiating factor for my next job. So let's rock these books!!

Weeks 0-2: AMSAP (as much study as possible), with a minimum of 10 hours per week

Weeks 3+: 6 hours of classes and self-study to catch-up on what I am missing now

Goal: 10 then 6 points per week (A=Full, B=Full-0.5, C=Full-1)

Geek Bonus: +1 point for each Korean drama finished weeks 3-6!

On the library table: +3 WIS

tumblr_inline_n8j17ro2pg1sygp2q.gif

3- Avoid Xander's fate - Don't eat your twin!!

While studying and being stressed out I tend to overeat... Chocolate becomes my only friend. Let's change this!

New rules to follow, building on the previous challenges:

a- no carbs during meals (-0.5 per meal with carbs, but 2 exceptions allowed per week)

b- 1 portion of dessert per day (-0.25 per additional portion of dessert, 2 additional desserts allowed per week)

c- NO snacking, but 1 break in the afternoon (-0.25 per portion of snack, 2 snacks allowed per week)

if all 3 are done, then I get 1 point, if not I get the penalty beyond the authorized limit

Goal: 5 (0-2) then 6 points (3+) per week (A=Full, B=Full-0.5, C=Full-1)

Over-eater Bonus: +0.5 point for a 16h fast, +1 point for a 24h one!

On the kitchen counter: +2 STA, +1 CHA

tumblr_m5j2ty2Q7S1rw600ao1_500.gif

4- Apply Cordelia's beauty rules

Beauty is to be protected and sleep is to be cherished. But the studying sometimes makes it hard... Thankfully Cordy is here to help!

Go to bed before midnight (weeks 0-2) / 11pm (weeks 3+), no cellphone 1 hour before bed (exception: setting the alarm clock and checking for sis' messages)

Goal: 6 (0-2) then 5 points (3+) per week (A=Full, B=Full-0.5, C=Full-1)

Beauty Bonus: +0.5 point for pampering myself (e.g., doing a mask, getting a massage, etc.)

In front of the mirror: +1 CON, +1 CHA

anigif_enhanced-25404-1393908953-23.gif

5- Channel Giles' wisdom

Glasses, deep gaze, British accent... all this is synonymous of wisdomous, right? Although he was a big rough in his teenage years, Giles embraced the path of the Watchers, full of knowledge and wisdom and (almost) always knowing the right way out 

Practice active self reflection, thinking about life, sitting with emotions, engaging in mindfulness, evaluating needs, meditating, etc. 30 minutes weekly (or 5' per day 6 days a week). Also keep up the journaling. 

Goal: 30 minutes per week and journaling daily (A=6, B=5.5, C=5)

Librarian Bonus: +1 point for each book finished (2 points if more than 500 pages), +0.5 point for a cup of English breakfast sipped quietly while not doing anything else

With the reading glasses: +2 WIS

tumblr_static_sassy_eyebrow_raise.gif

I'll also count on the minis to help fight against the vampire threatening to invade!

Hope the team will be enough to carry me over for the next seven weeks!! 

I'm so glad you popped into my challenge, otherwise I might never have seen this Buffygasm!!  Love it.  Aaaaaand makes me want to binge watch.  

Great goals, I think they sound really really balanced in your life.  You have alot going on in alot of details, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you through your progress on this challenge.  Rock it, girl!!

• Like 2

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."

So the challenge started with a bit of handicap as I was sick on my very first day of challenge and had to stay away from exercise and could only eat carbs and starch to keep myself full. I understand this is not a particularly happy or easy time for me, but I still need to both push myself a bit AND pace myself so that I don't get sick. The worst would be to be sick on exam day. 

Anyway! Yesterday aside, today was better! I feel better and although it was a bit hard to exercise, since I'm in the easy phase, I pushed through. Still I heard a truly terrible news on Sunday night, so I am a bit down, kind like early-Season 6 Buffy. Not down enough to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but definitely enough to eat several Double Meat Burgers. 

tumblr_mimwxkjLeY1r4w26ho1_r1_500.gif

So I'm on a strict watch for too many snacks / unhealthy food and try to maintain a balance between needed chocolate and healthy vegetables / lean meats. 

I think I need to think more positively, and in particular, build in more happiness for after the exam. 

1- Remind myself there is nothing I can do about this piece of bad news - I just need to take it in and accept it

2- Remind myself that the exam is now in TWELVE days, so that's only a VERY limited number of hours to study. They are precious. I need ALL of them. So I cannot waste any of them being sad / feeling low. I need to put feelings ASIDE for the next TWELVE DAYS. Then I can cry as much as I want

3- I won't actually cry, because I'm planning A LOT of fun stuff: My sister is coming on exam day (I told her not to come before or I'll be wasting prep hours!), and I'm taking 2 days off afterwards so that I can be with her and just do happy stuff rather than be in the office! Then my mom is coming to see me and then life will come back, but with 10 to 15 hours more of distractions per week. Won't that be great??

So JuMun, 4 rules for the next 12 days:

1- Put the feelings aside

2- Study as much as possible without burning out

3- Eat healthy and exercise to put your mind off things

4- Focus on the happiness Post-day 12. 

I'm sure I'll be able to compensate for the "missed day" yesterday even this week, since I build in enough comping mechanisms. Fundamentally, I need to be kinder to myself and forgive myself for mistakes. 

buffy12_2.jpg?itok=bNtaTQ-v

• Like 2

Oh no :(

I'm sorry to hear you've had bad news. It does sound like you've got a plan though, I take my hat off to you for that! Keep fighting!

And just think, in 13 days... no more exam :D

• Like 1

Half-Orc / Level 4 / Assassin

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 4 CON - 13.5 WIS - 3 CHA - 6

Twitter: @hybrid756

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Challenge wrap up! April 12 - May 24 2015!
Challenge 1

Bf% - from 50% to 20%

21%
21%

So there are bad weeks, and worse weeks, and then there is... last week. 

The week where every day you wish it would just finish so you can start afresh, so there will be a new chance of seeing the sun shine, a minute of feeling some peace... And then this weeks arrives and it's even worse. 

tumblr_luoxc3RLfB1r6aoq4o1_400.gif

If there ever was a plan, especially a diet one, it went out the window once I realized that food (read: chocolate, not broccoli) would be the only thing sustaining me through the next few weeks. 

So Recap for last week (Week 1):

- Passed the fitness goal, barely: on Monday I was sick and could not exercise and on Saturday I only comped for half. But I learned that rage can help power through a workout - to this day my best record is Wednesday, when I DESTROYED everything while working out in order to spare the rest of humanity. On the plus side, the mini help me staying sane. I've killed more bunnies than I thought possible. 

- Failed the diet goal (2.5/6), I tried to hold up on Mon/Tue and then the world exploded on Wed and I started eating carbs and snacks and Nutella and processed food and stuff. Have not dieted since then. The gold star goes to yesterday, when I ate cookies for breakfast, candies and a nutterbutter bar at 10, a chocolate frappucino and sandwich for lunch, cookies as a snack and just bread and nutella for dinner. Today hasn't started great but I'll do my best to curb it later and eat healthy tonight. I have to go groceries shopping, so it will help.

- Study: it's the positive of the game. Doubled the number of hours compared to the goal. This week is harder - I need to pick up the slack a bit, but I feel my batteries are down, so I'd rather focus on sleep.

- Bedtime have been fine because I have more licence to stay up late and study. But really there has been A WHOLE LOT of gaming / Fbing aimlessly to try and distract me. And it's not even working. I've already started to curb that, so it should get better. Last week was terrible also because my back hurt so I would wake up and be unhappy. But I'm working on my posture more (and researched sleeping positions), so it's better now. 

- it's been really had filling up the gratitude journal in these conditions. I still do it everyday, but it is not easy. As for self reflection... It's more like self-pity right now. I need to do something about that STAT!!!

How to do better?

Buffy_Sisterhood.jpg

First of all, I need to accept that in the next few weeks, there will be SOME (read: a lot of) negative feelings. It's okay. I need to realize when they are here and process them and move on rather than let them get to me. I also need to remember that chocolate is only helping so much. But it does help. So authorize some chocolate, some carbs, but not all the time. Get back in control. Leniency, not indulgence. Also DEFINITELY NOT SKIP MEALS!!! That's depression, right there looking at me and saying skipping is good. Healthy food is good, fasting for religious reasons is good, not eat because I'm sad is PATHETIC. (

Second, I need to do better with my support system. Right now, on top of everything, I have this lingering feeling of loneliness from being so far away from home and not having seen my family in a while. And my best friends from work moved to other places, so it's been pretty much me and my computer. I need to do a better job of scheduling calls with my family and some social events. This is also due to the exam (and the REVISIONS!), but I'm by nature a lone creature, so I need some convincing to go out. I shall push myself a bit more to spend time with people (say have lunch with them!). 

Third, I need to start working out MORE, and then MORE. Workouts, when done efficiently enough (i.e. are hard enough), deplete me of negative energy, by using ALL of my energy. This morning was awesome for instance. But once again convincing me to workout more or to start a hard workout is not easy ^_^. Next week I'm starting strength training and dance again so it will definitely help. Hopefully it will also help with sleep and body aches. 

Finally, remember that everything is compable: I can compensate for a week or 10 days of self-pithy feast. Maybe I needed the down time, now it's time to get back on the horse and eat healthy and workout. And not let anything (feelings or people) get me down. 

That's a plan! 

WUIUb.gif

I will do my best to stick to it - starting by throwing away this calorie-full drink from my desk. One step at a time. (Ok, I'll throw away the candies to. The cookies I will give to other people in the office.) When will the world stop hurting?

• Like 1

One day at a time, one moment at a time. This is how I operate now. I celebrate the victories, however small and every time I am able to stick to the plan and say no to high cal foods or am able to find comforts in other ways. 

I doesn't help in the grand scheme of things, but it helps going from now to the next moment. Smaller pieces, each one of which I can tackle individually, so that I don't feel overwhelmed. 

HAHA! I was in the middle of writing this post and then I couldn't hold off anymore. I had a cookie. But only one! Improvement. 

Baby steps Jumun, Baby steps...

• Like 1

Week 2 is over and so is my exam!!!

The exam was hard, so I'm intensely relieved it's over. The bad thing is that my body is sooooo relaxed that I go pretty seriously sick. So I'm trying to take it easy, but I really want to start strength training again... And measure how much I lost in strength over the past 4 weeks since I stopped. 

I'll take the plunge tomorrow morning with 2 series of BBWW (hopefully!). It's now time to face my fear...

b52c9-buffyscared.gif?w=584

I'll need to focus more on my meditation and self-reflection goals. My inner Giles has been thoroughly deprived of time while I was in Willow - exam prepping mode, and I can tell he's unhappy about it. So I'll make sure to dedicate some time to relaxing while thinking about life and the future. And drink some hot tea. 

I will also try to do my best at work. The situation is less than ideal - but when is it ideal? 

I'll do the next minis with a vengeance!! My abs hurt so bad after the last bunnies that I had trouble laughing... 

Glad the exam is over - now to tackle your Gilesness

tumblr_mgs15n4FEU1qkx3d4o2_r1_250.gif

I was totally looking for this gif!!! I was thinking about this moment while prepping. So glad yu found it and posted it!!! Thanks Tkdgirl!!!

• Like 1

Oh BOY! I'm OUT OF SHAPE!!

I went and did 2 rounds of BBWW this morning and I almost did not make it down the stairs of the subway station afterwards! 

4 weeks without strength training destroyed me. This makes me think I should probably do some dance training before going back there, at least some basic flexibility movements... just to make sure I don't embarrass myself (no more than usually at least! ^_^).

13cefd97bc3ba45bb1956d45639921d6.jpg

I look so cool, I look so cool...

I think I might move to a mix of cardio / strength training everyday rather than alternate, at least until my normal strength is back. This morning was really hard - there is no way I can plan on doing 3 rounds any time soon unless I have a couple of hours free... So I'll mix it up a little to make it hard but sustainably so. But for the moment my body is just screaming for me to go to bed. Definitely won't last long tonight!!

tumblr_lvv81jW4hC1r5r5uqo1_500.gif

I have big plans for Gilesness tonight. Let's see if I have the strength and courage to pull through...

• Like 1

Sooooooooooooooooo I did it.

tumblr_meiuireee31qh01r8o1_5001.gif

Neither of us knew what was coming... Well, I kinda did. 

I channeled Giles. Gathered my courage, looked inside of me and... opened my heart to the person I love. 

And my heart is now in pieces, broken, sad. 

But amidst that sadness, there is a feeling of serenity, the deep-seated belief that I did the right thing. I played and I lost, but I tried, I did my best. Instead of running, of playing games, of lying, instead I faced my feelings, I conquered my fear. 

As a consultant, I'm used to solving business issues, presenting in front of CEOs and having to know all of the answers about my projects. And non of this ever frightened me. But yesterday night, the idea of saying these words to him, and probably change forever his perception of me was increasing my heart rate more than a triple BBWW. I had rehearsed a lot (yes I do that, so that I am less afraid) and I had made up my mind to talk to him about my feelings, but it was still one of the hardest things I ever did. 

9pnw9x.gif

You did your best. I'm proud of you. 

I don't know what will happen now. I can't control what his feelings are. 

But the one thing I can control is my reaction. When I was rejected, the first thing that came to my mind was "It's because you're fat". And when I got home, the only thing I wanted to do was eat cookies and chocolate. THAT I can work on. 

No more excuses. I never want to feel like this again, but I can't be sure that the next boy I'll love will love me back. But I can make sure I LOVE MYSELF. How incredibly hard. Still, I believe Giles would be proud. So I'm having English tea latte right now. 

giles-eating.gif

No more candy?

At least I'll try!