Phytomancer and The 9,999 Green Villains

Phytomancer

Life spends a fair bit of time grinding you down.  This place is a positive outlet where others can cheer on the good things and provide support through the bad things.  You post those as well. 

Thanks! That made me feel a bit better about recent bragging and whining that goes on lately.

Friday:

I hardly ate anything. The design competition is closing in... so we ate Indian buffet for lunch, and that was the only meal I had that day. Finished right on time!

No workout, and I had 2 mi walk to lunch and back. I slept very little on Thursday, but full night sleep on Friday

Saturday:

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Portebello mushroom, cheese, tomato, and pesto panini. Couscous, apple

Dinner: Beef sandwich in spicy sauce, veggies

Exercise: Some swinging stretch, light walking

I am in Los Angeles!! After several hours of traveling, I am here safe and sound. Forgot my running shorts, but have my chin up bar, so tomorrow's workout should be save.

On the bus between my place and Chicago airport this morning, I was trying to squeeze through the person sleeping next to my seat, and I got the most severe cramps I have had in the history of sickness in my abs and hips.

I trudged through to the restroom, and after the very painful business, I sat on the toilet seat and waited for the symptoms to pass. It was very bad because no matter how I moved, I still used those muscles, especially on the lurching bus. I gripped the handle of the seat so tight my arms tingled, and I sobbed and grunted and hyperventilated for a few minutes. I remembered mumbling something like 'Make it stop, 'Kill me now,'' and 'Why is this happening?' Not sure how long and how loud. It sucked, but I guess it's a part of life now. It'll go away.

When I got out, the people next to the restroom just looked like they saw a ghost. Some of them looked flabbergasted. One person impressed me-- an Asian woman looked at me like I was a lost puppy. She didn't look scared at all, just empathetic and caring (possibly thought I had PTSD of some sort.) That look alone made me feel a bit less embarrassed.

It was humiliating then, but it's funny now. Those muscles still hurt a little, but if it's like previous cramps, the hurt will be gone after a goodnight rest.

Grief!  That's a miserable trip.  So sorry *hugs*  Hope you got lots of rest and feel better.

Teirin, Thanks! I feel better now after a lot of sleep and morning warm up and stretch. Better add that to my routine next time.

The rest of the trip wasn't that bad. The mushroom sandwich was overpriced but very, very good. It was a safe and convenient trip most of the way after that. :)

• Like 2

The Day at the End of the Challenge

I am writing this seeing the sunset from the hills and the shores of Santa Barbara as the train are leaving for the night. By the time I post this, the sun will have long set, and I'll be very sleepy back in a dormroom I booked in Los Angeles.

What a perfect ending of Dr. Facilier's week. I'll do the description in florid detail because I'm a little drunken by the sunset. I'll be writing my creative piece right after.

Also, my language, I presumed, may have been influenced by the fact that I finished reading Cloud Atlas last night, so if my language seemed old, racist, and pretentious, blame that author. I absolutely adore the book.

The grades came out. I barely passed Statistics, but barely only existed in ordinal order. In the binary perspective, where things are or are not and do or do not, I passed.

Take that, Statisticia, you little insignificant goddess. Ha!
Just kidding, I need you. Please don't dump me just yet. I plead.

Anyway, today was a whole lot to ride on. I woke up still hurt that I had to roll out of bed instead of getting up, but I forced myself to do some very gentle movements and some very gentle stretches. After about twenty minutes, I could move and stretch a little more. By an half hour, I performed my normal exercise routine like nothing has happened to those muscles. (Chuggin' water like a Fratsmen doing beer bong to impress that drinkin' Sororina on the stilts did help.)

But because of those stretches, I missed my morning academic writing session. Had to do it on a train ride to Santa Barbara.

On my [wrong way] to the station, I passed the bridge across Los Angeles river-- a sad, concrete thing that dripped across in dying foam. A beautiful young woman in an old-fashioned dark floral printed dress was standing with two adults who I presumed were her parents (though my untrained almond eyes couldn't separate the Anglo-Saxsons subtle differences at times-- you know—never mind.) The mother was adjusting the daughter's dress and made a comment on how the wind made her hair just right. The dad was setting up a reflector. I asked if they were doing a modeling shoot for Hollywood. They confirmed I was correct, so I wished them luck and moved on. Perfect charming little Asian wink--Got a pretty smile from the daughter. With teeth as white as pearls.

Five minutes later I had to cross the river back and saw them again. Awkward.

The morning was quiet and foggy, so I sang myself Stevie Wonder's 'I Just Called to Say I Love You' in a fake Southern US accent. It was oddly fitting in my head. Might have just sounded drunk in reality.   

I got extremely hungry at 9.30 am and wolfed down a sandwich and a small cinnamon bread at the station-- before I realized it would have been noon in the Mid-West. Welp. That was more like the first lunch. All desserts have been way too sweet for my taste lately. Fruits started to taste better, but the smell of cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter always cornered me and beat me with its experiences.

On the train, I ran more statistics to correct the mistakes I had done in the past. Found more mistakes. No new compelling results are produced. This was very frustrating. However, it was time to move on. Another hit from Statisticia. Do I have to slay one of my imaginary hot virgin characters and sacrifice his soul to her? Worth a try. Might do it tonight.

The day got better when I turned off the laptop. The train took me away from the industrial side of the city, straight through the rocky terrains and dessert-like landscapes of SoCal, then swooped me under the arm of some artificial rows of orange trees and white plastic tapestries and solar harvesting. The salty marshes stretched over the plain not unlike the cornfields of my homebase. The Pacific only then revealed herself, glistening in the sun-- a little rugged from the oil spill, but still alluring.

My married friends picked me up from the little of Santa Barbara. The city was all fire and earth above the water. Red clay roofs and stucco walls everywhere. We went to a fancy Tex-Mex. I ordered a Mole Enchilada with guacamole salsa. Extremely filling, but a long walk was waiting, so I didn't mind. The husband one ordered something in a giant stone pot that looked like a sacrificial bloodbath of vegetables and meat. Tasted that. Delicious.

They took me around the town-- both the shorelined campus town of University of California Santa Barbara and the downtown itself. Briefly bird-watched along the Campus Point beach. The trip included the Italian Street Art fest and the Pier. Saw some people fishing five fish at a time. I was impressed.

As we were leaving, they took me to grab something to eat for a train ride to the temporary homebase. Some drunkard knocked a guy's bike over and, in the process, tore the guy's shopping bag. The biker had a bag of ice cubes in it that he had to carry with his arm. What a low-level devil, that drunk. He then sashayed on like it was none o’ his biz'ness. I had to pull out the friend's parting gift out of my backpack early and gave the poor biker the shopping bag I carried it in. There went my perfect villainy image. I even wore a tight black T with a fanged creature printed at the chest today to look evil. Curse my squishy banana heart. No more bad boy for the ladies.

I shall bid my time.

Anyway, as I waited for the train, I felt happy for my friends and a little sad for myself. They were a perfect harmony. Their outfits coordinated in color scheme (I bet they didn't even notice it). Five year after we last parted, and their only changes was that they were leaner and tanner. The wife was radiant with the sparkles in her eyes, and the husband springs in his step like he was the fricken emperor of Santa Barbara. I wanted to have a love half of what they share.

Then I realized that if I was married to my lovely ex, I'd probably never been on this trip and see them, along with these amazing things, and the sappy side of my heart clammed up. Possibly went sobbing like little rebellious teenage princess in one of the four rooms we shared.

Had the tiny fish sandwich at the station because I decided that I didn't want to make a mess on the train. Would walk another mile back to the hotel from the station tonight.

Workout: 30 min of light warm up and stretching. 30 chin ups with portable bar. 100 push ups. approx. 4 mi walk in total.
Writing: 1 hour academic equivalent (stats) 1 hour creative (novel) 1 hour creative (NF)

Weekly and Challenge conclusion will be posted some time in the next few days. For now, I need to make 2 presentations and a novel chapter appear from thin air.

Have a good end of the challenge!

• Like 4

Hope you don't have to deal with those cramps again! So sorry that happened to you.

Congratulations on passing statistics. Must be a huge relief!

Thanks Xena, I kind of have a sense of how it works now-- just have to skirt around it a little and accept that I'll not be as flexible as I use to for a while.

As for stats. It was a huge relief-- I will keep retaking it until it works to my favor.

• Like 1

Week 6 and the End Conclusion.

Writing? Done. Dr. Facilier was no challenge. He was about to join me-- but then there's another party for him to attend... at the Other Side.

And me?

This January, I was lost and scared. Having had some embarrassing operation, I discovered that my body was doing terribly. I was eating horribly, but I got skinnier by day. The process went fast. Before I knew, I was feeble and temperamental. I felt weak, emotional, and hungry all the time.

I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism.

Last challenge was about regaining the strength of the mind. I no longer waited for the Phyto-Man to come save me. I, the new Phytomancer, saved my-fricken-self.

This challenge was about restoring the damage the disease and diseased mentality had done. I tried my best to catch up with things. Got the worst grade for the past nine years. Had the cramps that felt like my muscles were trying to break free of my body. Well, I didn't fail a class. My proposal is going strong. I got three out of four of my fitness goals finished.

And I am still playin' my cards.

(I ordered this NF T-shirt when I was still skinny from HTD-- Boy... do I jiggle in it now.)

Bad things resurfaced. Poor sleeping habits were there, along with procrastination. Sweets addiction come and go. Intermittent Fasting was in a crap shoot, but I ate more food, less snack, and sleep more efficiently than before.

I got myself a B+. That's 9 points to add for my stats.

STR 15 (+2) | DEX 6 | STA 9(+1) | CON 9 (+3) | WIS 9 (+1) | CHA 7 (+2)

STR +2: For the consistent workout

STA +1: Walks and runs

CON +3: For the comebacks

WIS +1: For lessons I learned coming back

CHA +2: Well, I've been nice-- might as well get some credits those aren't edible.

See you next challenge!

• Like 5

I wanted to comment on the need to fully stand up after a box bench jump or the depth of the squat but OMG YOU'RE SO CUTE AND HAPPY AND POSITIVE! YOU CUT THE LONG HAIR! AND IT STILL LOOKS GOOD! WORKING OUT IN THAT PARK LOOKS GOOD TOO! AND THE SHIRT LOOKS GREAT ON YOU TOO! SO MUCH FUN EVEN WHEN GOOFING AROUND AND DOING THAT TAI CHI DANCEY THING! YOU'RE AWESOME!

tumblr_m1qerrpqM41qmoa1z.gif

• Like 6

I wanted to comment on the need to fully stand up after a box bench jump or the depth of the squat but OMG YOU'RE SO CUTE AND HAPPY AND POSITIVE! YOU CUT THE LONG HAIR! AND IT STILL LOOKS GOOD! WORKING OUT IN THAT PARK LOOKS GOOD TOO! AND THE SHIRT LOOKS GREAT ON YOU TOO! SO MUCH FUN EVEN WHEN GOOFING AROUND AND DOING THAT TAI CHI DANCEY THING! YOU'RE AWESOME!

tumblr_m1qerrpqM41qmoa1z.gif

Haha *blush*

Thanks for the comments on the form. Needs to practice a little more. The park was awesome, and I'll be doing more of those as well this summer. Now... I'll have to write up some next challenge.

• Like 1

The Day at the End of the Challenge

I am writing this seeing the sunset from the hills and the shores of Santa Barbara as the train are leaving for the night. By the time I post this, the sun will have long set, and I'll be very sleepy back in a dormroom I booked in Los Angeles.

What a perfect ending of Dr. Facilier's week. I'll do the description in florid detail because I'm a little drunken by the sunset. I'll be writing my creative piece right after.

Also, my language, I presumed, may have been influenced by the fact that I finished reading Cloud Atlas last night, so if my language seemed old, racist, and pretentious, blame that author. I absolutely adore the book.

The grades came out. I barely passed Statistics, but barely only existed in ordinal order. In the binary perspective, where things are or are not and do or do not, I passed.

Take that, Statisticia, you little insignificant goddess. Ha!

Just kidding, I need you. Please don't dump me just yet. I plead.

Anyway, today was a whole lot to ride on. I woke up still hurt that I had to roll out of bed instead of getting up, but I forced myself to do some very gentle movements and some very gentle stretches. After about twenty minutes, I could move and stretch a little more. By an half hour, I performed my normal exercise routine like nothing has happened to those muscles. (Chuggin' water like a Fratsmen doing beer bong to impress that drinkin' Sororina on the stilts did help.)

But because of those stretches, I missed my morning academic writing session. Had to do it on a train ride to Santa Barbara.

On my [wrong way] to the station, I passed the bridge across Los Angeles river-- a sad, concrete thing that dripped across in dying foam. A beautiful young woman in an old-fashioned dark floral printed dress was standing with two adults who I presumed were her parents (though my untrained almond eyes couldn't separate the Anglo-Saxsons subtle differences at times-- you know—never mind.) The mother was adjusting the daughter's dress and made a comment on how the wind made her hair just right. The dad was setting up a reflector. I asked if they were doing a modeling shoot for Hollywood. They confirmed I was correct, so I wished them luck and moved on. Perfect charming little Asian wink--Got a pretty smile from the daughter. With teeth as white as pearls.

Five minutes later I had to cross the river back and saw them again. Awkward.

The morning was quiet and foggy, so I sang myself Stevie Wonder's 'I Just Called to Say I Love You' in a fake Southern US accent. It was oddly fitting in my head. Might have just sounded drunk in reality.   

I got extremely hungry at 9.30 am and wolfed down a sandwich and a small cinnamon bread at the station-- before I realized it would have been noon in the Mid-West. Welp. That was more like the first lunch. All desserts have been way too sweet for my taste lately. Fruits started to taste better, but the smell of cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter always cornered me and beat me with its experiences.

On the train, I ran more statistics to correct the mistakes I had done in the past. Found more mistakes. No new compelling results are produced. This was very frustrating. However, it was time to move on. Another hit from Statisticia. Do I have to slay one of my imaginary hot virgin characters and sacrifice his soul to her? Worth a try. Might do it tonight.

The day got better when I turned off the laptop. The train took me away from the industrial side of the city, straight through the rocky terrains and dessert-like landscapes of SoCal, then swooped me under the arm of some artificial rows of orange trees and white plastic tapestries and solar harvesting. The salty marshes stretched over the plain not unlike the cornfields of my homebase. The Pacific only then revealed herself, glistening in the sun-- a little rugged from the oil spill, but still alluring.

My married friends picked me up from the little of Santa Barbara. The city was all fire and earth above the water. Red clay roofs and stucco walls everywhere. We went to a fancy Tex-Mex. I ordered a Mole Enchilada with guacamole salsa. Extremely filling, but a long walk was waiting, so I didn't mind. The husband one ordered something in a giant stone pot that looked like a sacrificial bloodbath of vegetables and meat. Tasted that. Delicious.

They took me around the town-- both the shorelined campus town of University of California Santa Barbara and the downtown itself. Briefly bird-watched along the Campus Point beach. The trip included the Italian Street Art fest and the Pier. Saw some people fishing five fish at a time. I was impressed.

As we were leaving, they took me to grab something to eat for a train ride to the temporary homebase. Some drunkard knocked a guy's bike over and, in the process, tore the guy's shopping bag. The biker had a bag of ice cubes in it that he had to carry with his arm. What a low-level devil, that drunk. He then sashayed on like it was none o’ his biz'ness. I had to pull out the friend's parting gift out of my backpack early and gave the poor biker the shopping bag I carried it in. There went my perfect villainy image. I even wore a tight black T with a fanged creature printed at the chest today to look evil. Curse my squishy banana heart. No more bad boy for the ladies.

I shall bid my time.

Anyway, as I waited for the train, I felt happy for my friends and a little sad for myself. They were a perfect harmony. Their outfits coordinated in color scheme (I bet they didn't even notice it). Five year after we last parted, and their only changes was that they were leaner and tanner. The wife was radiant with the sparkles in her eyes, and the husband springs in his step like he was the fricken emperor of Santa Barbara. I wanted to have a love half of what they share.

Then I realized that if I was married to my lovely ex, I'd probably never been on this trip and see them, along with these amazing things, and the sappy side of my heart clammed up. Possibly went sobbing like little rebellious teenage princess in one of the four rooms we shared.

Had the tiny fish sandwich at the station because I decided that I didn't want to make a mess on the train. Would walk another mile back to the hotel from the station tonight.

Workout: 30 min of light warm up and stretching. 30 chin ups with portable bar. 100 push ups. approx. 4 mi walk in total.

Writing: 1 hour academic equivalent (stats) 1 hour creative (novel) 1 hour creative (NF)

Weekly and Challenge conclusion will be posted some time in the next few days. For now, I need to make 2 presentations and a novel chapter appear from thin air.

Have a good end of the challenge!

Great job! I'll find your next challenge, and stalk you again.

and that's a promise.

• Like 2

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Great job! I'll find your next challenge, and stalk you again.

and that's a promise.

Tzippi, thanks. Only difference now is that the stalking must be mutual.

Love the video! And so cool that you got random people to shoot it. Thanks for posting :-)

Xena, thank you! There are some rejections... and there are some very excited people to help, so that was also the fun part. You never know when you'll be accepted or rejected in this. And since it's just something goofy, absolutely no harm was done to my self worth after any rejections.

• Like 4

Tzippi, thanks. Only difference now is that the stalking must be mutual.

Xena, thank you! There are some rejections... and there are some very excited people to help, so that was also the fun part. You never know when you'll be accepted or rejected in this. And since it's just something goofy, absolutely no harm was done to my self worth after any rejections.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Excellent video!  Nice form on the burpees especially.  You can't cut out the blooper reel for facebook!  It was great. 

Again, you put so much passion and drive into your challenges, even when faced with major life upheaval and the chaos known as grad school.  You did fantastic this challenge *hugs*

• Like 1

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character