[Level 1 Recruits] Ranger Training Grounds

Welcome future Rangers!

Ranger_by_jackieocean-1.jpg

The Ranger Ambassadors & Ranger Guild Leaders will be checking in on this thread regularly!!

In other words, this is great place to get our attention and ask us questions.

This is also a place to chat!

A place for you - Recruits who are thinking about becoming Rangers - to gather and get to know each other. Come in and make some friends among those you might be calling Guildmates in 6 weeks!

Subscribe to this thread by clicking the "Follow This Topic" button in the upper right hand corner of the page.

Who are we Rangers?

We're focused on lots of things...

loB4St5.jpg

We value teamwork

power-ranger08.gif

We never give up

100291-you-bow-to-no-one-gif-Aragorn-8kD

And you can join us!

missed-a-turn-top-gun-map-demotivational

Let's start things off with a question for you:

If you could be any Ranger-type character, from any genre, in any type of media (book/tv/movie/comic) - who would you be?

(pictures encouraged!)

Remember as you think of your answer, "Ranger" is a big concept!

It encompasses well-rounded characters and jacks of all trades that are strong, fast, agile, tough, smart and much more!

• Like 2

hey,

I'm Corinne.

I would love to join this group, get some accountability. 

I am at The Running Bard (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/63635-the-running-bard/#entry1450086)
but I warn you, I have no clue how to use a forum so I am learning on the fly here

hope we can all work together!

• Like 1

An Ogre, for Ogres have layers, 

and beneath is the Elf,

Soon I will be Free.

Challenge Thread: The Running Bard 

My Weight Loss Goal

1%
1%

Welcome Corinne! Muddydancer is correct, for starters you can look for some socializing threads, such as this one or the Campus tour mini challenges. If you have the time, browse the Challenge boards and try to find people that have similar goals as you or something about their threads that you enjoy, such as a specific theme that you like. Good luck on your first challenge!

Who would I be?  Well if we are going for the ideal, there is only one that comes to mind for me.

1065164-sea_swords_det01.jpg

A classic choice. Can't go wrong with Drizzt.

Clint-Eastwood.jpg

My Ranger  :pride: Inspiration

But more built.

Not sure why my little dude under my avatar is different, anybody care to explain?

Probably because you've selected the Adventurers' sign  :pirate:

Interesting choice!

200px-Strider_in_Prancing_Pony_-_FOTR.pn

Strider would be my choice. I love Drizzt Do'Urden as well, and it was a hard choice but would definatly have to go with this Ranger of the North!

• Like 1

Lvl 1. Human - Swordmage

| STR - 2 | DEX - 2 | INT- 3 | CON - 2 | WIS - 3 | CHA - 3 |

Previous challenge: Respawn of a swordmage

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream- C. S. Lewis

Embrace your dreams. If you want to be a hero, you need to have dreams- Zack Fair FF7 Crisis core

A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage- Hero shade (The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess)

200px-Strider_in_Prancing_Pony_-_FOTR.pn

Strider would be my choice. I love Drizzt Do'Urden as well, and it was a hard choice but would definatly have to go with this Ranger of the North!

I would totally pick Strider too, if only he were a lady.

I'm going to have to go with my favorite genetically engineered super human (i dreamed about being her when I watched the show when I was like 12):

Max-Jessica-Alba-takes-out-Lydeckers-men

tumblr_lj40ynpRbE1qi81u4o1_400.gif

• Like 1

support my challenge:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/63641-justdoitkims-epic-hella-fun-challenge/

Looking to lose about 50 lbs. total in the next year or two? 

Snowboard - Dance - Yoga - Crossfit - Bike - Rock Climb - Fun Junkie

I would totally pick Strider too, if only he were a lady.

I'm going to have to go with my favorite genetically engineered super human (i dreamed about being her when I watched the show when I was like 12):

Max-Jessica-Alba-takes-out-Lydeckers-men

tumblr_lj40ynpRbE1qi81u4o1_400.gif

Hey the life of a Ranger knows no sex, only hard work. That and Strider can be an insperation to anyone :P

• Like 2

Lvl 1. Human - Swordmage

Embrace your dreams. If you want to be a hero, you need to have dreams- Zack Fair FF7 Crisis core

A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage- Hero shade (The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess)

Hey the life of a Ranger knows no sex, only hard work. That and Strider can be an insperation to anyone :tongue:

Pretty sure Strider is gettin some... :rapture:  or did you mean rangers are neither male/female... :-o

• Like 1

support my challenge:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/63641-justdoitkims-epic-hella-fun-challenge/

Looking to lose about 50 lbs. total in the next year or two? 

Snowboard - Dance - Yoga - Crossfit - Bike - Rock Climb - Fun Junkie

Pretty sure Strider is gettin some... :rapture:  or did you mean rangers are neither male/female... :-o

LOL yeah I ment more the male or female...but I'm sure he gets some too. :P

Lvl 1. Human - Swordmage

Who would I be?  Well if we are going for the ideal, there is only one that comes to mind for me.

you just stole my heart, i love Drizzt. but Wulfgar is my favorite character

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Hmm tough one. I find inspiration all over the place... 
Guess ranger appealed mostly to me because i don't specialize a lot. Workout is Crossfit and broad has always been the nature of my interests :)

My pick goes to .... Arrow / Oliver Queen atm

post-21255-0-22687800-1429213777_thumb.j

With honorable mentions to wolverine and strider. 

See a bit of myself in each :)

post-21255-0-22884500-1429213778_thumb.j

post-21255-0-43585700-1429213779_thumb.j

post-21255-0-22687800-1429213777_thumb.j

post-21255-0-22884500-1429213778_thumb.j

post-21255-0-43585700-1429213779_thumb.j

Challenge number 1 Progress

Progress in main quest collectively out of 42 days - 5.5 our of 6 weeks completed

100%
100%

Weight Loss challenge #1 - From 98 to 90kg. - Current: 94.6 kg

40%
40%

Driz'zt would definitely be up there for me, but I would also like some female role models!

I have been very inspired by Granuaile from Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles, but I"m having trouble posting a photo!

• Like 1

Level 6 Ranger

Current Challenge - Scrubs!

Previous Challenges - Theme-Free LazinessMedieval MarginaliaBrandon Sanderson's Way of Kings Theme - AgainWay of Kings 1Top Gear ThemeStargate SG:1 themeIron Druid theme!

2016 Battle Log (Long term goal tracking)

Hmm tough one. I find inspiration all over the place... 

Guess ranger appealed mostly to me because i don't specialize a lot. Workout is Crossfit and broad has always been the nature of my interests :)

My pick goes to .... Arrow / Oliver Queen atm

attachicon.gifofficial-promotional-posters-arrow-cw-32506733-2000-3000.jpg

With honorable mentions to wolverine and strider. 

See a bit of myself in each :)

attachicon.gifstrider_by_detkef-d5rqb1j.jpg

attachicon.gifthe-wolverine.jpg

Im a huge arrow fan. Didnt even think about him....

Lvl 1. Human - Swordmage

Im a huge arrow fan. Didnt even think about him....

Great show :) Love it and it's really ramping  up for the finale :)

Challenge number 1 Progress

Progress in main quest collectively out of 42 days - 5.5 our of 6 weeks completed

100%
100%

Weight Loss challenge #1 - From 98 to 90kg. - Current: 94.6 kg

40%
40%

Hey Rangers and rangers-to-be, can I join in? I'm still trying to find my ranger role model... I do like the idea of Max from Dark Angel though. Really enjoyed that show!

My current challenge focuses on running, yoga, and not eating everything in sight, which seems to point more towards scout or druid or something along those lines, but I feel like I aim to be pretty well-rounded in my routines. Once I get back into the swing of things, I intend do be doing varied bodyweight workouts and cardio to round out my regime as it stands. My goals are to max out my Stamina (running the entirety of a 5k), Dexterity (yoga and stretches for increased flexibility), Constitution with a dash of Strength (Abs work, push ups). Plus as life side quests I'm working on my Wisdom (taking control of finances, making sure I keep learning new things) and Charisma (finding self-confidence through therapy).

• Like 1

Hi there Rangers. I'm Honeybadger and I need help! I think this is where I belong. I am having a bit of an identity crisis as my goal is focused on running at the moment. That suggests I would be a scout. However, I tend to run slowly over short distances and focus more on strength and endurance rather than speed. If not for a shoulder injury (thanks Crossfit) my goals would be much more diverse. I guess Rangers just feel more like home... 

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers