miss america: the double alpha

miss america

MISSION REPORT - 4/15 (Day 3)

Challenge 1: Tracked food, stayed within calorie goals!

Challenge 2: Back to boxing, whoo hoo!!!   :beaten:

Challenge 3: Hmm, noticing that these are so much easier to compile when I only have to think back to yesterday... funny how that works. I'm posting this on the early side so I can get to catching up on my follows :)

When I first read it I thought Agent Carter was back...said to see it's not yet...I miss that show :(

I know! I hope it comes back for season two... there's so much more I need!!

• Like 2

level 4 medusa monk

STR 6 | STA 5 | DEX 5 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 4

challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)

myfitnesspal | fitbit | habitrpg

sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

Just FYI.... I am going to see Furious 7 tonight and I am STOKED :D

• Like 1

Level 5 Human Assassin

Current Challenge: x

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

- from "Hawkguy", Adam WarRock

Been on holiday so catching up.

Sounds like things are going well? Daily updates are SO much easier and for some reason it really helps to keep me on track.

Yes! My main issue is that when I skip an entry, the next day I'll think about doing it, but then think, "Oh no, I'll have to catch up on TWO days now... that'll take way too long!" And then that snowballs into a week of feeling guilty about not posting, as the number of entries I have to do grows larger and larger and larger and larger...

tumblr_lldan4RYiR1qdf53xo1_500.png

Phew. So it's a lot easier in the long run to just spend the 5 minutes it takes to actually get it done that same day :)

Just FYI.... I am going to see Furious 7 tonight and I am STOKED :D

YESSSS!! I laughed, I gasped, I cried. Embrace the ridiculousness and having an amazing time :)

lykan-1428003025.gif

Consistency helps. Who'd have thought?

Right?? Such a puzzling connection. :)

MISSION REPORT - 4/16 (Day 4)

Challenge 1: Tracked all food and stayed on calorie goal

Challenge 2: Did a Daily Burn at home! "Do the medicine ball one," I thought. "It'll be easy," I thought. "You probably won't have to do any squats," I thought.

dgtyrqDeu8wN2.gif

Challenge 3: Updated, commented on some of my followed threads, and welcomed some new monk-ish recruits! Whoo!

• Like 4

level 4 medusa monk

Quiet day goalwise yesterday, but stopping in to update quickly:

MISSION REPORT 4/17 - Day 5

Challenge 1: Tracked all food!

Challenge 2: Eh, nothing that counts!

Challenge 3: Updating and I think I commented on some folks yesterday?! Hopefully :)

And actually I can probably do today's as well!

MISSION REPORT 4/18 - Day 6

Challenge 1: Taking one of my days off tracking—bf's bro is in town and more eating out than I'm used to trying to calculate. Lunch was at a good vegan place but I have been craving MOAR PROTEIN all day since then :) Like, literally "standing in front of the fridge eating chicken" craving. What's happened to me?! :)

Challenge 2: Lots of walking but I don't think quite enough to count as an activity day.

Challenge 3: Updating now, will check out some threads in a sec too!

• Like 2

level 4 medusa monk

MISSION REPORT 4/18 - Day 6

Challenge 1: Taking one of my days off tracking—bf's bro is in town and more eating out than I'm used to trying to calculate. Lunch was at a good vegan place but I have been craving MOAR PROTEIN all day since then :) Like, literally "standing in front of the fridge eating chicken" craving. What's happened to me?! :)

Challenge 2: Lots of walking but I don't think quite enough to count as an activity day.

Challenge 3: Updating now, will check out some threads in a sec too!

You can count it as an active rest day personally.  I know I counted walking as part of my workout when I was in Japan, especially since I was walking like at least 6 hours a day.

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Just means you mean to eat like the Rock. Nothing wrong with that. :tongue:

I did buy a bunch of cod after reading this post :) Now I just have to figure out what to do with it!

You can count it as an active rest day personally.  I know I counted walking as part of my workout when I was in Japan, especially since I was walking like at least 6 hours a day.

Yeah, that's what I figured! I didn't want to count it as a "real" activity day for my tracking purposes, but definitely a good "off" day! The brother gets like, 25k steps a day on Fitbit though so I refused to friend him on it, hahaha.

MISSION REPORT 4/19 (Day 7)

Challenge 1: Tracked, stayed under! Someone please kick me next time I'm thinking about not tracking 'cause I think I've gone over my calorie/macro goals... and remind me of this day!

Challenge 2: Boxing!!

Challenge 3: Er, catching up now just under the wire :)

MISSION REPORT 4/20 (Day 8)

Challenge 1: Tracked, went a bit over caloriewise

Challenge 2: No countable activity

Challenge 3: Getting ahead! Will do my comments tomorrow since the post is already up :)

Did a bunch of meal prep tonight too... spinach/tomato/eggs for breakfasts, sausage/veggies for lunches (thanks Solstice Tiger)! Making the food tracking verrrry easy on myself :)

Easya_yum.gif

• Like 2

level 4 medusa monk

Wooo!  Looks like you're still going strong and doing great tracking!  The Rock approves!

The-Rock-My-Reaction-When-Gif.gif

• Like 2

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

MISSION REPORT - 4/21 (Day 9)

Challenge 1: Tracked, went just barely over even though it was friend&wine night ('cause I anticipated and accounted for it throughout the rest of the day!)

Challenge 3: Posting!

Also, I sent in my phone to get fixed and thought I'd backed up everything... but then realized I'd been taking all my progress photos through an app (so they wouldn't appear in my main photo gallery) and I forgot to save them!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_n0gw6lEUmZ1r5vuhio1_500.gif

So uhhh... I guess we'll just say that my current state is my new "before" :)

I also started using the TwoGrand app, which is like food tracker + Instagram. Not really planning to use it as a food tracker per se, but more as inspiration. I am always very visually focused for food stuff (like, I very rarely will make a new recipe unless they have a photo of the finished product) so I figure it's good for me to focus on my own presentation as well as getting ideas for new stuff to make from others. Anyway, "tracking" there is definitely a lower priority than my regular macro/calorie tracking, but something I'm playing with to keep things fun :) My username is "missamerica" (gotta keep it #onbrand) if anyone else is using it!

• Like 1

level 4 medusa monk

MISSION REPORT 4/22 (Day 10)

Challenge 1: Tracked food, stayed within calorie goals

Challenge 3: Updating, caught up on my replies from yesterday!

MISSION REPORT 4/23 (Day 11)

Challenge 1: Tracked food, stayed within calorie goals, getting close on that protein macro!!

Challenge 2: "kickboxing interval training"  :drunk:

Challenge 3: Updating, will catch up more tomorrow!

Launched the new website at work which means my days will be much less hectic moving forward! For a few days at least... I hope...

Two Grand has been fun so far—it actually helps me to remember to log everything (and probably estimate better) if I haven't done it right away, since I have photos of all my meals! Whoo.  :encouragement:

• Like 3

level 4 medusa monk

Man I can't wait till things are less hectic at work for me too.  However, after tomorrow things will be slightly easier and I'll have a few more things done.

Oooo Kickboxing interval training huh?  Fun times!  I'm interested in hearing a bit more about this, since I'm thinking Kickboxing (since I know the fundamentals) and then Muy Thai maybe the most fun for me. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

Eek, looks like it's been a few! Now how did that happen...

MISSION REPORT 4/24 (Day 12)

Challenge 1: Tracked food

Challenge 3: APPARENTLY NOT

MISSION REPORT 4/25 (Day 13)

Challenge 3: double fail  :hopelessness:

MISSION REPORT 4/26 (Day 14)

Challenge 2: No countable activity (last day of that streak, I swear  :topsy_turvy: )

Challenge 3: Counting this as still within the bounds of updating!

MISSION REPORT 4/27 (Day 15)

Challenge 1: Tracked food, stayed within calorie goals

Challenge 2: Daily Burn

Challenge 3: Catching up here and on replies!!

level 4 medusa monk

Oooo Kickboxing interval training huh?  Fun times!  I'm interested in hearing a bit more about this, since I'm thinking Kickboxing (since I know the fundamentals) and then Muy Thai maybe the most fun for me. 

It was fun! Definitely more cardio-focused (as opposed to boxing form-focused) but a really fun workout. Basically your standard HIIT workout but with more punches and kicks...which is always a good thing!! :)

• Like 2

level 4 medusa monk

It was fun! Definitely more cardio-focused (as opposed to boxing form-focused) but a really fun workout. Basically your standard HIIT workout but with more punches and kicks...which is always a good thing!! :)

That is always a good thing!  Glad you enjoyed it!! :D.

Now get back to catching up!  :P

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

Come on, if I can find time, working an extrovert's job as an introvert and coming back exhausted every day, you can too. I know it.

Even if it's just one sentence saying, "I'm not dead, and I did stuff."

Hey now, I'm not even late today!! I just posted my 4/27 recap at the end of that night instead of the next day (i.e. yesterday), which is my normal posting schedule :) I admit I do sometimes forget on the weekend, but not out of any ill will, just a lack of established routine. I do try to leave the tab open at home so I at least see it there, but that doesn't always work. Hmm, maybe I will set an alarm this weekend to be sure...

Anyway, blessings on you for making it work with that extrovert job, though! Man. You're doing like... twice the work! Much respect from a fellow introvert :)

2013-10-14.gif

MISSION REPORT 4/28 (Day 16)

Challenge 2: No activity

Challenge 3: Updating here, will reply! Thought I was alone in the office so I started doing some of those mini challenge burpees on my lunch break... and got interrupted :nevreness: hahaha. Ahem, pay no attention to my heavy breaths, coworker, tooootally just sitting here at my desk as normal. 

• Like 3

level 4 medusa monk

Oh my god, that comic. It's so accurate

introverts.png

Kishi, don't know how you manage to do your job, but MUCH RESPECT.

• Like 1

Level 5 Human Assassin

Current Challenge: x

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

- from "Hawkguy", Adam WarRock

It's simple. I don't have a choice. If I don't do it, I don't make money, and I can't afford to pay my rent.

Lack of choice is a source of great power, and should not be underestimated. :)

bOgJL8i.png?1

MISSION REPORT - 4/29 (Day 17)

Challenge 2: No activity

Challenge 3: I'm counting that graphic :)

And I'm off to figure out my activity for tonight!

• Like 3

level 4 medusa monk