Hurley8604 gets back on the horse

Lol, it's okay!! Being cursed with gifs is my favorite type of curse :)

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I got my first gym "injury" this morning. I was setting the height on the cable machine for my pallof press (I think that's what it was called) and I pinched my middle finger in between the hole and the peg. I now have a lovely looking bruise/cut thing. But after some thorough washing, an alcohol pad wipe, and some neosporin, I have a bandaid on it and hoping it will heal quickly.

I'm also sipping on my pumpkin protein shake. It's not bad. Not great, but not bad. I'll finish off what I made and then try the fruit one next week.

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I'm going to revise my statement. The pumpkin shake tastes like a pumpkin pie, so it actually is good. I just need to blend it more. It's a little grainy, and that's what is throwing me to the side of not liking. So next time, put less in the blender and spend more time blending.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I'm going to revise my statement. The pumpkin shake tastes like a pumpkin pie, so it actually is good. I just need to blend it more. It's a little grainy, and that's what is throwing me to the side of not liking. So next time, put less in the blender and spend more time blending.

i kinda totally want this now.

• Like 2

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I left out the splenda. The vanilla protein was enough to give it some sweetness. Try it! I'm interested in hearing what other people think of it.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Day 1 Recap:

Food:

Breakfast

Raisin Bran w/ 1% milk

Lunch

Boars Head ham w/kraft singles on 1 slice pepperride farm whole wheat bread

Dinner

2 scrambled eggs with some shredded cheddar cheese, an english muffin with butter and a glass of 1% milk.

Snack

Homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookie

Pumpkin Protein Shake

Totals:

Cals - 1336

Carbs - 161

Fat - 44

Protein - 84

Fiber 17

Exercise:

Flat chess press 10x10

DB Row 10x10

BW Squat 10

Seated cable row 20x10

DB Romanian Deadlift 10x10

Modified Plank 30secs

Pallof Press 10x10

Bicep curl to press 5x10

15 minutes on the elliptical doing intervals

Total calories burned: 621

• Like 2

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

And so it happens that Sparkpeople had this article about calories burned and strength training this morning. I wear a HRM and go what that says to calculate my number. Maybe I'm over estimating?

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

i wouldn't change much this early in the game. i'd stick with what you're doing for a few weeks before worrying. you'll need that consistency to track results and then make adjustments based on your findings. 

• Like 2

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I'll do that. I've been doing the strength training since January (but only 2x a week), but I don't think I've weighed myself or taken any measurements, so not sure exactly where my progress is (if any). I was going to do that this Saturday to get a base line for the challenge.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

you should definitely weigh in and take measurements. if you've been strength training steadily since january then i'll bet you've made progress.

I have been taking pictures of myself. I got wicked pissed at the scale back in September, I think. So I decided to stop taking any type of measurements for awhile. I've been a little scared to start taking them again.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

i understand, but you still should. also, a scale can be misleading. 

• Like 1

Yea, I keep telling myself that, but man is it hard to believe. I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good, err, that I will take some measurements this weekend :)

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

i promise it's true. it's not uncommon to gain muscle(weight) and thus, the scale moves up. 

• Like 1

Day 2 recap:

Breakfast:

Raisin Bran

1% milk

Lunch:

2 slices of ham

1 slice of kraft singles

1 slice of pepperridge farm whole wheat bread

Dinner:

D'Angelo Chicken Caesar Wrap

1 cup of 1% milk

Snack:

1 cup of k-cup chai latte

Totals:

Cals - 1463

Carbs - 163

Fat - 61

Protein - 77

Fiber - 15

Exercise:

Hula hooping for half an hour

Calories burned = 298

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Hmmmm. . . now I want milk

Haha, no one can tell me I don't get enough dairy. When my brother and I were younger my mom would have to buy 3 gallons at a time to make it through just 3-4 days. I alone would have 3 glasses at dinner (in a 16oz+ glass). I've cut back to just what I need in my cereal and 8oz at dinner. Though with it in my protein shakes now, it adds some back in, just not as much as I was drinking before.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

So, I already got my heart racing this morning before I have even gotten dressed for the gym. Alarm went off, reached over and shut it off. Then I put my hands down to help push me up, and put my hand right on top of something kind of small (palm size) and furry. I think I sat there for a good 10 seconds going "what the hell am I touching!?!" Turns out it was just a pipe cleaner that boy cat brought me overnight. But I had flashbacks to when it was actually a bug. *shudder*

• Like 4

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

No official food tracking today. I had a rough day at work, and I ended up emotionally eating tonight :( But here is what I did eat:

Breakfast:

Raisin Bran

1% milk

Second Breakfast:

Pumpkin Protein Shake (which, BTW, gives me acid reflux, so I need to stop drinking that. I dumped the rest of that :( )

Lunch:

Foot long Subway Tuna on wheat w/lettuce and pickles*

Dinner:

Sprite w/vodka

Cupcake

Second Dinner:

English muffin with peanut butter

*I don't usually eat take out two days in a row, let alone two days in a week. The plan had been to go home for lunch but I got saddled at work with an exercise that I shouldn't have had to do, but had to because two other people don't know how to do their jobs correctly. This is an ever growing problem. So, because I had to work on this, a meeting I was suppose to be in got postponed until right after lunch. Which meant I couldn't go home and take the little extra long lunch I had planned. Typically a foot long anything at Subway fills me up and I don't need dinner. My first dinner was emotional eating about work. And I think the alcohol made me hungrier, so I ended up having the english muffin.

Exercise!!

Exercise:

Flat chess press 10x10

DB Row 10x10

BW Squat 10

Seated cable row 20x10

DB Romanian Deadlift 10x10

Modified Plank 30secs

Pallof Press 10x10

Bicep curl to press 5x10

30 minutes on the elliptical doing intervals

Total calories burned: 647

Tomorrow, swimming!! I didn't swim Tuesday as planned for two reasons:

a) My body was sore from Monday

B) I was out at my once monthly trivia night (now about every other) with friends and didn't get to bed until midnight. I was flipping exhausted and needed sleep. Five hours would not have cut it. But, I thought hanging with friends and being social was a little more important at the time (and still agree with my decision).

• Like 2

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I wouldn't be surprised. He was probably like "we've been home alone all day. I didn't get enough attention before you went to bed. Let me leave this for you and freak you out."

My neighbors cat use to leave us dead birds at our back door all the time. Just shows that he loved us more, haha! But I'll take the pipe cleaners in bed over dead birds at my back door anytime!

I gave them straws last night to play with. Those things were just flying in the air for a good hour. They do love their cheap toys.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Very true! I actually searched out an article yesterday morning on how I should react if/when it happens again. It's not the first time he's dropped one of his toys in my lap. And my reaction is always "um... I don't know what to do with this. Praise him? Toss it so he will chase it because he wants to play?" And one of the statements in the article was that cats will sometimes bring you toys because they think we need help hunting.

It also reminds me of a wildlife photographer who got befriended by a leopard seal because the seal thought the photographer was incapable of hunting and kept on bringing it fish and penguins for him to eat. The article is here. Animals are just so fascinating.

• Like 2

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Having had to catch and release a bat once, I am so sorry.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log