Hurley8604 gets back on the horse

Food chronicles:

Breakfast:

Raisin Bran

1% milk

(FYI - this will most likely be the same for the rest of the challenge. I like my Raisin Bran :) )

Lunch:

Homemade tuna salad - starkist tuna out of a can and hellmanns (sp?) mayo

arnold thin sandwich bread

100 calorie pringles pack

Dinner:

Roasted chicken breast carved off the chicken

Gravy

Broccoli

Ocean Spray canned cranberry sauce

8oz of 1% milk

Snacks:

Hard boiled egg

Chai latte k-cup

Slice of lemon pound cake (about palm size)

Mini Reese's egg

Totals:

Cals - 1286 (seriously!)

Carbs - 152

Fat - 37

Protein - 75

Fiber - 19

I ate so much today, and I feel like it wasn't really that good more me. How the hell did I manage to only do 1286 calories!? Fitbit says I can still eat 278 more calories before I'm in range for my 500 calorie deficit. I'm just going to say that I have had those calories and I just tracked something wrong somewhere.

Exercise:

Swimming for half an hour

Calories burned: 304

I almost didn't go swimming this morning. I had packed my bag last night and set my alarm a little bit earlier so I could get to the gym when it opened at 5:30 so I could be back and in the shower by 6:30 so I could have enough time to dry my hair before work. I wash it the night before and let it air dry over night. Takes too long with a hairdyer and it usually frizzes and poofs when I do. Anyway, I was throwing on my pants to go to the gym when I remembered I had forgotten to shave. And it had been a while. So I got derailed by shaving. Then I almost forgot to put on my heart rate monitor. I almost gave up and went back to bed. But, I figured I was up and the cats wouldn't let me sleep anymore so I went. I am flipping exhausted now and am going straight to bed once I hit Post.

Hopefully I can do this getting up before 6 thing 5 days a week to do my goals. It might end up tiring me out too much. I just wish the pool was open to adult swim right after work, but they have it booked for swim team meets and swim lessons all week from 4-7:30. I've learned I can't really make it to the gym once I've had dinner. I just get too comfortable at home and don't want to go back out.

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

And because I know y'all will appreciate this. Girl cat managed to do this to my desktop. Luckily an iPad was nearby and a quick Google search fixed it. That darn cat.

c1484f3de8627103e0eabd1a2c02d5f9.jpg

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Food chronicles:

Breakfast:

Raisin Bran

1% milk

(FYI - this will most likely be the same for the rest of the challenge. I like my Raisin Bran :) )

Lunch:

Homemade tuna salad - starkist tuna out of a can and hellmanns (sp?) mayo

arnold thin sandwich bread

100 calorie pringles pack

Dinner:

Roasted chicken breast carved off the chicken

Gravy

Broccoli

Ocean Spray canned cranberry sauce

8oz of 1% milk

Snacks:

Hard boiled egg

Chai latte k-cup

Slice of lemon pound cake (about palm size)

Mini Reese's egg

Totals:

Cals - 1286 (seriously!)

Carbs - 152

Fat - 37

Protein - 75

Fiber - 19

I ate so much today, and I feel like it wasn't really that good more me. How the hell did I manage to only do 1286 calories!? Fitbit says I can still eat 278 more calories before I'm in range for my 500 calorie deficit. I'm just going to say that I have had those calories and I just tracked something wrong somewhere.

Exercise:

Swimming for half an hour

Calories burned: 304

I almost didn't go swimming this morning. I had packed my bag last night and set my alarm a little bit earlier so I could get to the gym when it opened at 5:30 so I could be back and in the shower by 6:30 so I could have enough time to dry my hair before work. I wash it the night before and let it air dry over night. Takes too long with a hairdyer and it usually frizzes and poofs when I do. Anyway, I was throwing on my pants to go to the gym when I remembered I had forgotten to shave. And it had been a while. So I got derailed by shaving. Then I almost forgot to put on my heart rate monitor. I almost gave up and went back to bed. But, I figured I was up and the cats wouldn't let me sleep anymore so I went. I am flipping exhausted now and am going straight to bed once I hit Post.

Hopefully I can do this getting up before 6 thing 5 days a week to do my goals. It might end up tiring me out too much. I just wish the pool was open to adult swim right after work, but they have it booked for swim team meets and swim lessons all week from 4-7:30. I've learned I can't really make it to the gym once I've had dinner. I just get too comfortable at home and don't want to go back out.

If you aren't hungry I'd say you're ok in not eating. Also, I love raisin bran
  • Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Yea, I wasn't that hungry after dinner. Only reason I had the reese's was because I wanted chocolate and I saw that I was still under in all my categories.

It's weird, I can have days like today, only eat 1,000-1,200 and be completely full, but then have days where I eat closer to 2,000 and still be hungry when I go to bed. And I know somewhere in that weirdness is the reason why I've been struggling with losing weight. I just need to figure out why that happens...

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Yea, I wasn't that hungry after dinner. Only reason I had the reese's was because I wanted chocolate and I saw that I was still under in all my categories.

It's weird, I can have days like today, only eat 1,000-1,200 and be completely full, but then have days where I eat closer to 2,000 and still be hungry when I go to bed. And I know somewhere in that weirdness is the reason why I've been struggling with losing weight. I just need to figure out why that happens...

Whenever you feel hungry, but don't think you should be, try drinking about 8oz of water before eating anything.
  • Like 2

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Daily recap:

Food

Raisin Bran w/1% milk

8oz of 1% milk with a scoop of chocolate protein

Ham and cheese sandwich - 2 slices of ham w/kraft single on 1 slice of whole wheat

1 serving of Act II light butter popcorn

Foiled stew (handful of baby carrots, handful of sweet peppers, small 5oz patty of ground beef). So a bunch of that is wrapped in tin foil and then thrown on the grill to cook. I'll have to ask my mom for more details, but it's a sure sign of spring and it's delicious!

8oz of 1% milk

garlic bread

Totals:

Cals - 1504

Carbs - 147

Fat - 60

Protein - 98

Fiber - 17

Exercise:

Flat chess press 10x10*

DB Row 10x10*

BW Squat 10*

Seated cable row 20x10

DB Romanian Deadlift 10x10

Modified Plank 30secs

Pallof Press 10x10*

Bicep curl to press 5x10*

15 minutes on the elliptical doing intervals

Total calories burned: 470

*so my program is to do 3 sets of all these. But I lost count on the ones I starred. I know I did 3, but there is a high possibility I may actually have done 4. I'd rather do one extra than one too few. They are also done in groups of 3. So the first three I do as a circut (that's what it's called, right?), then the next 3 and the last 2 strength. So, I did the first group, got done with either 2 or 3 and just could not remember how many I had done. So I did another. Paid more attention at the next set. And then for the last two, I set the weights down from the bicep curl to press and thought "crap, I don't know if that was 2 or 3!". I just zone out. I did the same with swimming yesterday for one lap. Wasn't sure if I had done just 50 yards or if I had done the whole 100 of that lap. So I threw in an extra 50 yards at the end, just to be safe.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Did all my measurements this morning. If I measured right, nothing has changed since August :/

2ba1a37ad794653f69b4bea454adf333.jpg

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Did all my measurements this morning. If I measured right, nothing has changed since August :/

2ba1a37ad794653f69b4bea454adf333.jpg

not true, lean mass us up and bf mass and % is down. those may be the most important ones

Really? Am I reading them wrong? To me it looks to be the opposite.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Daily Recap:

Food:

Breakfast

Raisin Bran w/milk

Lunch

Grilled Cheese - 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 2 slices of kraft singles, butter

16oz of Pepsi

Reeses Mini egg (so I have a downfall. Whenever I have grilled cheese I crave chocolate)

Dinner

8oz of 1% milk

Half a steak tip

Broccoli

Salad with black olives and Ranch dressing

Dessert*

Cupcake (it was my birthday yesterday, have left over cupcakes)

Totals:

*cupcake not listed in these, the information was not on the package that I could find

Cals - 1479

Carbs - 183

Fat - 62

Protein - 59

Fiber - 18

Weekly Recap:

Track food 5x a week - A

Strength train 3x - A

Swim/Hula hoop - A

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Reese's eggs are my downfall no matter what else I've eaten.  I've had to declare them to be tantamount to heresy. :)

Solid week, and good recap.  Here comes the next opportunity to kick some butt!

• Like 2

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

Oh, I agree. Reese's are a huge downfall for me in general. Luckily we really only have them in the house around holidays... or at least in view. My mom has a few hidden stashes around the house. Two of which I know about. But, out of sight, out of mind, literally, for me. I forget about her stashes unless I'm having a bad craving. I've been somewhat good and not had as many this Easter. Up to this point, it's kind of been a "you had a hard workout this morning and still have some wiggle room in your categories, you can have one" deal.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I made a batch of a tropical fruit shake last night, with strawberries, pineapple and mango. Test taste I liked it. A little strong on strawberries but I could handle. Got into work, put in some vanilla protein powder and pretty much gagged my way through it :(

I'm going to scour the threads, but does anyone have a recipe they could suggest for the vanilla? So far I'm 0-2.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Really? Am I reading them wrong? To me it looks to be the opposite.

lol no, i red it wrong. i was reading left as original right as current

Ah, gotcha. Damn, I was really hoping I was wrong.

Here is my daily log. Calories for lunch today are purely estimates. My friend took me out to lunch today for a late b-day treat.

Breakfast

Raisin Bran with milk

Lunch

Tuna salad on wheat bread

About 1/3 of the fries that came with it. I'm estimating more than 5 but less than 10.

Dinner

Raisin Bran with milk (I wasn't too hungry)

Snack

Fruit Protein Shake

Half a hot chocolate

Totals:

Cals - 1445

Carbs - 207

Fat - 34

Protein - 92

Fiber - 21

Exericse

Lat pulldown 40lbsx10

Step ups BWx10

TRX Row 10

Physio Ball hamstring curl x10

Modified pushups x8

Half kneeling pallof press + rotate 30lbsx10

IYT (chest supported)

15 minutes on elliptical doing intervals

Total Cals - 532

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

My alarm went off at 5am so I could go swimming. That didn't happen. There was a major thunder and lightening storm happening. Yes, the pool is inside, but I didn't want to walk outside to get to the car and back! I also contemplated hooping, and while I probably would have been safe in the garage, I didn't want to tempt fate. So, the plan is to get up and hoop for an hour on Thursday. Half hour for Thursday and an extra half hour to make up for today. And, if the house guests are gone by Sunday night, I will get another 20-30 minutes done then.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Just got a call from a staffing agency that a friend sent my resume to for a job that they had been emailed about. I didn't get the job, but we set up a meeting to go over my resume and help me find a new one. Which is amazing because I spent a good 15 minutes at my desk trying (and failing a little) not to cry this morning. Hopefully this is a turn for the better for me.

• Like 3

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

that is a good sign.

• Like 2

End of day report:

No exercise today. Feeling a little guilty about that. But I will make up for it.

Food:

Breakfast

Raisin Bran w/milk

Lunch/Dinner

Foot long ham and turkey from Subway. Lettuce, pickles and cucumbers with a little bit of mayo

Cheddar Sun Chips (shame on me)

Snack

K-cup chai latte

Homemade oatmeal raisin cookie

Hard boiled egg

So I've been really tired and in not so great moods. Granted, I hate my job and I'm always in a bad mood there, but this is more. I'm eating a lot more sugar than I typically do, lately, I think this is really having an affect on my mood. I'm starting the sugar detox tomorrow. Hopefully this will help with the random (though not so random) crying at my desk.

And on a side note: I now have cranberry colored hair and I love it! There's some chestnut peak-a-boo color in there too. She got the colors switched, I accidentally told her the wrong way around. It was suppose to be chestnut with peak-a-boo cranberry. But I still love it!

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Fruit shake + chocolate protein = epic fail.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Hm, seems like you're having trouble making a protein smoothie/shake that you like.  Here's how I make mine; they're my go-to when I'm craving ice cream, so needless to say they turn out pretty good:

Place in the blender in this order:

- 1 cup frozen berries of some sort (I've done strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and even cranberries with good results - I just pick 1 per smoothie though)

- 1 frozen banana (let them overripen a bit, then peel them, cut them into a few pieces, place in a zip lock baggie, and place in the freezer for at least a day)

- 1 scoop of protein powder

- as little milk as possible to get it to blend - this is the most important part, because the objective is to get it to come out thick enough to be similar in consistency to soft-serve ice cream.  This is probably not the safest idea, but since we have a cheap blender, I actually use a spoon to nudge the frozen fruit down towards the running blades so that it can all get blended without adding more milk.  I do take care to keep the spoon a safe distance from the spinning blades, but I'm nervous about advising anyone else to do it because I don't want to be responsible for any disasters :P

Since it's so thick, it doesn't like to pour out of the blender.  My solution is to *very carefully* open the bottom of the blender jar over your cup you're going to be eating from.  Make sure the cup is large enough to fit the whole smoothie (or have a 2nd cup ready) and that the mouth of the cup is at least as wide as the bottom of the blender jar.

Eat shortly after making, otherwise it melts and the water/juice from the fruit separates.

Also - I know some people say some protein powders are better than others - what kind are you using???

• Like 1

Level: 4 - Backhand Specialist Halfling Adventurer

Stats:     STR: 3.5    DEX: 3    STA: 4    CON: 10    WIS: 8.5    CHA: 5.5

Challenges and other threds: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4Current | Presea's Recipes

Long-Term Weight Loss Goal: 35 Pounds

0%
0%

Thanks for the recipe! Is your protein powder plain or flavored?

I'm using Optimum Nutrition. The double chocolate flavor I've been mixing with milk, ice, and peanut butter. I've had success with that. It's the vanilla ice cream flavor that I'm striking out with. I may just end up pawning if off on a friend and getting flavorless and just use that with shakes.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Right now I'm using Optimum Nutrition Rocky Road flavored.  In the past I've used some generic vanilla from Target and from Costco and those worked fine too.  I've never bought unflavored, but I make almost the same smoothie w/o any protein powder for my boyfriend (adding another banana to keep the volume the same), and he loves those.  I imagine a smoothie made with unflavored powder would taste similar to one with no powder at all?

• Like 2

Level: 4 - Backhand Specialist Halfling Adventurer

Stats:     STR: 3.5    DEX: 3    STA: 4    CON: 10    WIS: 8.5    CHA: 5.5

Challenges and other threds: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4Current | Presea's Recipes

Long-Term Weight Loss Goal: 35 Pounds

0%
0%