TRX Row x10

Physio Ball hamstring curl x10

Modified pushups x10!

Half kneeling pallof press + rotate 30lbsx10

Clam Shell x10

IYT (chest supported)

15 minutes on elliptical doing intervals

Total Cals - 495

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I had a calzone for dinner. I want to say I regret nothing. But, actually, I do kinda regret it. It tasted so good, but I am so uncomfortably full, I don't like.

I did hoop this morning. Burned 319 calories in 40 minutes.

• Like 3

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Sorry to hear your job is making you miserable, I hope something great comes up for you soon. As for the calzone, nothing you can do about it now except take some lessons from it so in a way it's a good thing it made you uncomfortably full. I like keeping up with your experiments in protein powder because I am going to get some but I will wait to see your findings! 

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Thanks girl. I hope so, too. Right now the lady at the staffing agency says she doesn't have anything for me, but will dig around and see if she can find something.

Oh, I took some lessons for the calzone. I just always went by the rule "if you've been craving it for more than a week, just go ahead and have it". And I had been craving one since Saturday. I had ordered a small. I should have put half away and had the rest for lunch or dinner today. Oh well...

Haha, glad I can be your guinea pig for the protein powder! I found another recipe for an apple one that I may try. But next week I'm going to stick with the tried and true milk/chocolate protein/peanut butter mix. Give my taste buds and stomach a little rest from the past two fails.

So far, no gym for me today. My neck hurt all afternoon and last night, and I ended up cuddling with a cat most of the night, which didn't help my neck. So, taking the morning off. Will pack my bag and see if I can get myself there after work.

• Like 2

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Pics of your hair please !!!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

e3fcc380777a1fa5f42368e0e7131598.jpg

For the color. Taken wednesday when it was still styled by the pro.

cfc9f6e4ada6353aa1227aa76fbad941.jpg

For the shape. Taken just now, after I attempted to use a round brush and hair dryer last night. Not horrible, but will be following up with the flat iron in the future.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Ha! And that second shot just shows how horrible of a fit my shirt is that I'm wearing. But it's sooo comfortable and warm! All I wanted to do today was wear my Jurassic Park sweatshirt, but decided not to, since, you know, work.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Thanks!! I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this shade/brand. I love the color, but it runs a lot when wet! I had cranberry colored sweat on Wednesday after my workout. Hopefully it's just because it was still fresh. Hopefully after a couple washes it won't be as bad. My girl was telling me I have to blow dry after every wash or else it will just stain everything. I'm not use to doing that, even with past reds I've done. I'm more of a wash, let air dry, and go to bed, type girl. My shower last night was like the shower scene from Psycho. So.much.red. Lol. But it was fascinating seeing all the extra dye wash out.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

So the above picture was taken and posted in the bathroom on my way to the doctors. Stupid doctor. I have officially switched. I was sitting there, going over how much I eat, what I eat, and how much I exercise. He's still pushing Atkins. I told me to give up my raisin bran because it has 45 grams of carbs, and have two greek yogurts, an egg and a slice of cheese because it would be more protein but less carbs. Or to have 3 eggs, a slice of cheese and some sausage for breakfast instead. But what got me was when he said, and I quote almost word for word here "I have other patients who have gone on Atkins and love it. I haven't read the book, but I highly recommend that you go on it."

Dean-Wtf....gif

So, after the appointment, I walked back to the office, yup, walked. Exercise right there buddy!!! (my office is the next block down from the doctors). Went to my desk, researched doctors taking new patients, saw that the doctors office in the same building as me was taking new ones, walked over to them, and signed myself up to be seen. I need to wait until July, but, hey, at this point that gives me more time to track everything and go fully loaded with information to show him. Maybe he can help point me in a direction that is not Atkins.

• Like 2

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Oh! Oh! Oh! I almost forgot!! So, they took my weight at my appointment. I stepped on, and it read 191 and some change. I was getting up on the table for my blood pressure and I mentioned that their scale was saying I was 8 pounds heavier than the other 2 scales that I use. The nurse looks and my chart and was like "191, and last time you were 182. Hold on, let me check". Steps on the scale and is like "oh yea, this is off by at least 5 pounds". Takes my blood pressure and then says "sit here, let me grab another scale." She gets another one and weigh me. Came in around 188. Better. The doctor looks at my chart and was like "do you feel like you've gained weight?" Nope. Thinking to myself the scale was way off/under when I was weighed last time here. As he was leaving he said "And don't go by the scales here. They are constantly way off."

Seriously!?! Then why do you use them to weigh your patients?! If they are constantly off by at least 5 pounds, that's a huge difference for someone! Jeez.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Good morning my lovely Nerd friends (or afternoon/evening for my overseas Nerds).

Went a little AWOL after my several posts on Friday. My niece was baptized this week so I arrived home to house guests on Friday. Spent the entire day entertaining, then asleep on the couch. And yesterday was just a "lets just sit on our asses all day and enjoy not having a house full of people". My mom and I caught up on our weekly shows (DAMN YOU GREY'S!!!!) and I started a marathon of Psych. Man I miss that show.

But here's my weekly wrap up:

Food: B-. I tracked 4 1/2 days. I would have finished yesterday but I have no idea how to track a cup of clam chowder (which has gone downhill again, need to stop getting it from that restaurant) and a handful of fried calamari. That was my dinner.

Strength train: B. Never made it a third day. But 2/3 ain't bad.

Swim/hula hoop: B-. Never got the last 20 minutes in to fulfill that typical hour of the week.

So, not the best week, but it wasn't an utter failure. I did try. And this week will be all A's because next week is my week off. I do 3 weeks on, 1 resting week. Because I'm a girl and I have zero energy that 4th week. And it's nice catching up on sleep. Horrible excuses. But maybe if the treadmill is accessible again by next week I may revise my week off. We'll see.

• Like 3

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

atkins is pretty popular these days. i can't say i fully support it, but i do support the keto diet... which is similar. i saw my best results using it. however, it isn't for everyone. and i think your doctor should be more open to suggestions as long as your life isn't in danger. he damn sure shouldn't be pushing it if he hasn't researched it and doesn't know much about it.

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Good friends of the family have the book and used the basic idea for atkins when they found out he was diabetic. It worked for him to take off the pounds. I'll most likely be seeing her on Friday, or at least my parents will be. But she's going to give me the book to read. I'll peruse it and see if it's something that fits my lifestyle. My doctor has been pushing it for almost a year now. I have cut some bread out of my diet (that majority of my carbs). Since I don't eat pasta or potatoes, everything that he's telling me to cut out, I don't eat to begin with. And I think he doesn't believe me when I say I don't eat them. I only eat potatoes in fry form, and I eat fries maybe once a month. And pasta, it's pretty much Italian pasta I don't eat. Chinese pasta/noodles I eat, but again, maybe once a month to every three months. It's not a staple in my diet. And I agree, he should be looking into other avenues. I'm interested to see what this new doctor has to say.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

My friends just invited me out to trivia tonight, and it's at a different location that normal, about an extra half hour ride than normal. So, it's going to be a late night for me! Good thing they are driving and I can sleep in the backseat on the way home. I've already looked up the menu/nutritional value for tonight since I won't have time to eat at home and have planned out what I want. Here is my daily recap!

Food

Breakfast

Raisin Bran w/1% milk

Second Breakfast

8oz of 1% milk

1 scoop of chocolate protein powder

Lunch

1 slice of whole wheat bread

2 slices of ham

1 slice of Kraft American Cheese

Dinner*

Half of a Kingpin Club Wrap

Half of the side of fries

*this is what I plan. And I'm also going to ask for the to-go box when I order so I only eat half

Snack

K-cup chai latte

Totals

Cals - 1422

Carbs - 146

Fat - 54

Protein - 90

Fiber - 15

Exercise

Flat chess press 10lbs x10

DB Row 10lbs x10

BW Squat x10

Seated cable row 20lbsx10 (will be increasing weight next time. It felt easy today)

DB Romanian Deadlift 10lbsx10

Modified Plank 30secs

Pallof Press 20lbsx10 (increased by 10 pounds!)

Bicep curl to press 5lbsx10

15 minutes on the elliptical doing intervals

Total Calories burned: 495

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

You did luck out! Last appointment (or the one before that) mine told me to not eat fruit because it's loaded with sugar. :rolleyes: It's all about moderation. And I'm pretty sure the sugar in an apple is better for me than the sugar of a cookie.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Slept in and skipped working out this morning. I'd rather have a good 7 hours of sleep than drag my tried ass out of bed and half-ass a workout. Though, turns out, it probably wouldn't have mattered today anyway. I've been exhausted all morning. Caffeine didn't even help. Was in a sour mood, too. Though, I was starting to think that was PMS. But, low and behold, just had lunch and my energy is better, feeling not as tired, and I feel like I won't snap someone's head off if they ask me yet another stupid question.

And, this isn't the first time this has happened. I've noticed similar...behavior in the past. Tired, bad mood all morning, but once I have lunch I feel much better. I'm thinking low blood sugar, but I eat breakfast in the morning no matter what. Trust me, I'm a horrible person when I don't have breakfast. If this was the only occurrence, I think I would just ignore it. But since I know of at least one other time in the past couple of months, I'm wondering if this is something I should bring up to my new doctor. If it might be a symptom of something else.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

i think you should definitely bring it up to your doctor. 

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

i think you should definitely bring it up to your doctor. 

I've started a list of what I want to talk about. I've added this to the top.

For an non-exercise day, I just had a really high food intake. Oops. Calories and Fat are above my range that Sparkpeople has given me. Though, I am still under the 1800 that the personal trainer said I should be eating every day. But that still seems really high to me. Anyway, here is today:

Breakfast

Raisin Bran w/1% milk

Lunch

Other half of a Kingpin Club Wrap

Not even other half of the side of fries. I think by the time I had my half, and my friends had at the rest of them, there were only about 5 fries left for today.

Dinner

(here's where it gets bad)

Broccoli (about half a cup)

Light Hot dog roll

Turkey Sausage

8oz of milk

Heinz ketchup

Stouffers Mac and Cheese (about 1 cup. Too much. Should have stuck with one spoon scoop. Normally would have been fine, but with the lunch, not a good combo)

Snack

K-cup Chai Latte (what I tried to use to wake me up)

Totals:

Cals - 1734

Carbs - 188

Fat - 75

Protein - 86

Fiber - 22

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

WHOA I have three things:

* your hair! I love it

* I know that sweatshirt is comfy but I think you should throw it away. KIDDING NOT KIDDING / SORRY NOT SORRY. ;)

* super high fives for dumping your crummy doctor!

• Like 2

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Yesterday's recap:

Food

Breakfast:

Raisin Bran w/milk

Second Breakfast:

8oz of 1% milk

1 scoop of chocolate protein powder

Lunch/Dinner:

2 slices of chicken broccoli alfredo pizza

1 slice of cheese pizza

Totals:

Cals - 1374

Carbs - 162

Fat - 42

Protein - 71

Fiber - 13

I guessed on what the pizza was. We got it from a local chain, so the nutritional value wasn't available online. But Olive Garden apparently has a similar alfredo pizza so I used their information instead.

EDIT: oh, and the pizza was because we had a bigwig from our Philly office up visiting. All the managers were in a meeting with him all day so the ordered pizza that the entire office got. Today is a meeting with a vendor and we're going out to a restaurant for lunch. So far, this challenge has been so atypical for my eating... Think I'll repeat it again next challenge when I'm more back to normal

Exercise

Flat chess press 10lbs x10

DB Row 10lbs x10

BW Squat x10

Seated cable row 30lbsx10 (increased by 10 pounds)

DB Romanian Deadlift 10lbsx10

Modified Plank 30secs

Pallof Press 20lbsx10

Bicep curl to press 5lbsx10

15 minutes on the elliptical doing intervals

Total cals burned - 486

• Like 2

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log