Hurley8604 gets back on the horse

I'll do some updates later, but just wanted to say something that made me smile.

When I was at the gym on Wednesday I noticed a younger looking guy there (maybe middle school, early high school age) looking rather bored and maybe a little scared. Overweight. I noticed because I think I had the same look on my face every time I walked pass the weight room before I got the trainer. I then saw another guy helping him. Looked to be an older brother who was trying to give him tips and routines to follow and was just generally helping him, and in a nice encouraging way. I then went about my thing.

The boy didn't really seem too interested so I was surprised when I walked in this morning and saw them both in the middle of working out. That made me smile. I have no idea what the story is behind this duo and if they even are brothers. But, I like seeing things like this. An older sibling like person helping out the younger one and the younger one sticking to it so far even though it didn't look like he was entirely sure about the whole thing.

Anyway, that's my little story of the day. TGIF!!

tgiflineup1.png

• Like 2

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I said I was going to update later on Friday and that never happened. My weekend has been full of recovery.

Worked out on Friday. Did my standard routine posted. Burned 503 calories. Went to work, had my protein shake, then later had a plain bagel with chive & onion cream cheese. Put those things into my tracker and realized that I had eaten back my calories and a little bit more. Oops. So, instead of having my packed lunch of a ham and cheese sandwich I opted for a banana and a bowl of strawberries (I ended up counting that I had 7).

Then, sometime between 3:30 and 4, I got these horrible stomach pains. Straight across my abdomen, right at bellybutton level. I was bent over in pain. They would last several seconds and then disappear. It happened about 3 or 4 times. I was getting ready to ask my supervisor if I could go home. But they stopped and I waited until 5. Then I got a couple when I got home, but not as bad. I had a left over dinner roll that my dad had stolen from Bertuccis when we were there for Mothers Day while I waited for my parents to come home so we could go get dinner.

We ended up having Chinese food. I had pineapple chicken and some crab rangoon. So me working out that morning was pretty much useless. But, I haven't had the stomach pains since. If those were hunger pains, man that sucked.

Yesterday was spent on the couch. I had taken some nyquil Friday night to help me sleep. Went to bed around 10ish, woke up around 9:00. And then I napped off an on, on the couch until noon because I could not get out of a fog. Couldn't open my eyes all the way, just felt hazy. I guess I didn't sleep too well if I haven't slept off the medicine after that long. I don't think I really woke up until about 3.

Today was a little bit more productive. Did some shopping, got my car washed, and went to my brothers to check out the goats he rented to help clear the poison ivy from his yard. Yup, he has 3 goats for the week. They are great. A little lazy, only one seems to be doing all the eating, but it's still fun to say that they have goats. Stayed there for about half an hour talking with them and playing with the niece.

This morning I did take my measurements. Thigh went up by half an inch. But calves went down by half an inch. I didn't weigh myself because I forgot to do it yesterday and this morning before I ate. I'll wait until next month. Did take my progress picture though. Don't see any changes. I was talking to my mom this afternoon though about my weight. I bought some tights and needed to determine size by my height and weight, and I'm right on the edge. Told her that I'm hovering around 185 and she just looked at me and said "Really? You don't look it. You look smaller. I didn't think your weight was that high." I guess that's a good thing? I carry it all in my hips and thighs... and upper arms. It seems where most of the females on her side of the family carry it (my dads side is all boys, and from how I remember his mother she was short and plump, too). I don't want to say I'm doomed, but I seem to have some genetics working against me. I don't want to be Barbie thin, but I'd at least like to look at a sizing chart for dresses and not be like "well, my upper body has me in a medium, but my lower body as me in a xxl".

I also made a try protein shake to try tomorrow. Apple pie flavored. Without the protein powder, so far it's just eh. I'll see how it tastes tomorrow.

• Like 2

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I had the apple pie protein shake this morning. I like it! So far no acid reflux or anything. Only thing I need to do is blend it a little better.

http://www.skinnymom.com/apple-pie-a-la-mode-protein-shake/

• 1 small apple, chopped
  • 1 cup ice
  • â…“ cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
  • ½ cup almond milk
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 2 tsp stevia (or your favorite sweetener) I left this one out
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • ½ tsp cinnamon
  • Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

End of week recap:

Track Food: B

I missed a filling in a day completely, do I did 4 1/2 instead of 5. And I forgot what exactly I had so I couldn't go in a fill in a day

Strength Train 3x: A

Swim/Hula: F

I just loving sleeping in way too much apparently.

Last week, here we go. I can do this!!!

• Like 3

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

So, I can track most of the days food. Or, at least list everything. I can't find something comparable for the Chinese food...

Food

Raisin Bran w/1% milk

Apple Pie protein shake

Homemade egg salad sandwich (2 hard boiled eggs) on an Arnold's Thin

100 calorie Pringles pack

4 mini Reeses (serving size is 5...)

1 mug of Chinese sweet tea

Small bowl of pineapple chicken (leftover chinese food from Friday)

4 crab rangoons

8oz of 1% milk

Exercise

Flat chess press 10lbs x10

DB Row 10lbs x10

BW Squat x10

Pallof Press 20lbsx10

Seated cable row 30lbsx10

DB Romanian Deadlift 10lbsx10

BW Step ups x10

Bicep curl to press 10lbsx6

15 minutes on the elliptical doing intervals

Total cals burned - 527

I increased the weights on the Bicep curls by 5 pounds and decreased the reps to six each set. Mistake. My right arm couldn't handle it. I'll go back to what I've been doing. And mention it to the chiro on Wednesday. Left arm is fine, but my right was all shaky and I had to dig my elbow into me to get it stable enough to lift. And then my wrist and neck hurt all afternoon (which was aggravated by proofing at work, so the two didn't help me at all today).

I also removed the plank and did the step ups instead. I don't like planks. I know it's in there for a core exercise and I should be fine with the squats for leg work, but I wanted more leg work today. Maybe I'll add the planks back in. Just haven't decided yet.

And on a personal !yay! I put on a pair of jeans that was starting to give me a muffin top in early March and throughout April. Guess what?! No muffin top! Not even close! I'm hoping it's not just because of the underwear I'm wearing today. But I'm going to take it as a win for now :)

• Like 4

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

And on a personal !yay! I put on a pair of jeans that was starting to give me a muffin top in early March and throughout April. Guess what?! No muffin top! Not even close! I'm hoping it's not just because of the underwear I'm wearing today. But I'm going to take it as a win for now :)

Yay! This is most excellent news Hurley, well done! 

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I've been silent most of the week I realize. Not intentional, just sort of happened. I'll do an update now on exercise and come back later with food. I still need to track down a recipe from Tuesday night's dinner.

Wednesday

DB Row 10lbs x10

BW Squat x10

Pallof Press 20lbsx10

BW Step ups x10

Bicep curl to press 5lbsx10

Total cals - 497

Friday

DB Row 10lbs x10

BW Squat x10

Plank 30sec

Pallof Press w/twist 20lbsx10

Bicep curl to press 5lbsx10

Totals cals - 497

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log