Hey Folks,

Thought I'd introduce myself, as another newbie to the site. I stumbled on the site from Art of Manliness and I love it. It's awesome to see a community of nerds all trying to get in shape.

Right now I'm about 5'8, weighing in at 190 pounds.

I was always super skinny in high school, but slowly gained weight in my university years, as it tends to happen. In September of 2008 I finally bit the bullet and joined a gym. I started off easy on the elliptical trainer, and gradually throughout the year tried more and more things there, and it didn't take long before I realized how much I actually could enjoy it.

Starting in Summer of 2009 I was getting bored with the gym though, and one of my co workers had recently joined a cardio kickboxing class at another gym. Eventually he talked me into going and I absolutely love it. So I started doing that in September of 2009.

In the Fall months I joined a Biggest Loser challenge at work. During the first month I lost about 5 pounds, and that was all from diet. I didn't have time to hit the gym for about a month. After October I've been in my kick boxing about 3 times a week. Once December hit, because of a change in work schedule, I've been making it 3-5 times a week.

I haven't seen a lot of weight fluctuation, but I toned up more in 3 months at kick boxing than a year of gym by myself, so I attribute the no weight difference to burning fat and gaining muscle.

Right now my challenge is to get my diet back under control. After Christmas I got in some bad habits, and haven't broken them yet.

My ultimate goal is to get down to 150 pounds, and to see my abs. No real reason for 150, it just sounds like a nice number. :)

Still kick boxing yes :)

Trying to get out five times a week. I feel like I got the workout covered, it's the diet I have trouble with

If you can get your diet under control, the pounds will fly right off.

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.