Jakkals maak lysies

Jakkals

shame that poor puppy - it has more lives than your average cat ;) - i hope she gets a home real soon.

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

End of challenge recap time:

1. Journaling.

Very patchy but I did have the occasional good streak. On the positive side my touch typing has improved a lot. As long as I do not get over eager I type mostly correctly and quite accurately. I made 4 mistakes during that sentence.

It is good for me, I enjoy doing it but I don't force myself to do it.

2. Checklists

Also patchy, but this was a great success. Lots of things happened because of it. 

3. Stronglifts.

Didn't happen. My hip gave too much trouble to trust it completely and I sort of morphed it into an exercise goal that I didn't push myself on.

4. Website

I sorted a lot of pictures, but it didn't bring me any closer to my goal. Something that will continue next challenge.

I don't consider this challenge a great success. I battled through some tough mental issues, some family issues, very few of it were resolved and I will probably keep on having them.

I did have the opportunity to practice a lot of self-compassion and I am proud of myself there.

I am very tired. I have some sleeping problems, waking up most mornings around 3 or 4 and then being unable to go to sleep again.

Work were crap. Money is tight and the little bit of cash I did get I had to buy stuff to keep the workshop running.

The puppy had been sleeping in the kitchen since Tuesday, and will probably stay. It wasn't my idea. It also means that I will have to take Vonk to the vet for his little operation somewhere in the next month, and I truly cannot afford it. I couldn't afford it last year when I should have done it, and my income has dropped since. It is a financial disaster, and means that any change that I will get a holiday this year is completely of the map.

And even though he isn't my responsibility, my parents are old and it will probably become mine some day. Considering that I also never really wanted another dog and didn't have the guts to say no when Vonk were dumped on me and have since regretted it multiple times, I am not pleased.

But I am so very tired.

From Wednesday I will have an input deprivation week. From this post on The Art of Manliness and also because Erick the Red is going to do it. At first I was hesistant but I have looked on what I did this weekend and I am really sure it will do me good. 

I am going to level up this challenge, now at Level 8.

• Like 3

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

I know that in Cape Town and JHB there are monthly vet clinics where they do neutering for free (once a month).  Perhaps you should look into that in your town (or nearby), that way you won't have to pay or will pay a much smaller fee.  PDSA or even the SPCA might be able to help you. There are also Community Vet Clinics - see if there's one near you.

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Getting enough sleep really does change the face of the universe - I've had good results with Melatonin tablets, which are pretty cheap over the counter here in the US, but I'm not sure what availability would be in your part of the world.  Might be worth looking into.

I'll be doing Input Deprivation Week as well, although I like to call it Real-World-Immersion Week!  Hopefully we'll all get some good stuff out of it.  

I hope things start going better with life logistics - I definitely second Blaidd's recommendation - it's worth looking into any possible solution!  

Congrats on the Level Up - progress is progress!

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Thanks Blaidd, I will run around a bit and ask if people can help me.

And thanks Rowan, I will see if I can get any. I've reached the point of desperation. Falling asleep in the chair in the morning at 10 o'clock is not a good thing.

And since this seem to be my season for doing stupid things, and I am looking for sympathy:

I wanted to drill a hole, were in too much of a hurry, didn't use the vice, the drill grabbed the steel and spun it around.

Bad news: It was a sharp blade.

Good news: It was a short blade, and very low speed.

One bad cut along my left thumb. And a lot of skin removed from the pad of my middle finger. The bleeding stopped eventually. Nothing serious enough to go to the doctor, but any idea of lifting and using my left hand for the coming 2 weeks is out. 

The pictures are gory and I bled all over the workshop floor.

And I feel stupid.

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

I'm sorry to hear about the hand.  I am sure that I have been doing far more foolish things, except the damage has been less visible.

I hope that your input depirivation week is successful.  I can track so many failures recently to my addiction to electronics and other distracting activities.  I need to find alternative, useful and constructive things to do.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Ouch, I'm sorry man. I've done that a lot, luckily I've always pulled my hand back in time. I hope you heal up quickly.

BTW you've inspired me. My life goal is to get my (mini) forge set up by the end of summer. It will take a colossal cleaning out of the garage.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Solstice Challenge

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Thanks Blaidd, I will run around a bit and ask if people can help me.

And thanks Rowan, I will see if I can get any. I've reached the point of desperation. Falling asleep in the chair in the morning at 10 o'clock is not a good thing.

And since this seem to be my season for doing stupid things, and I am looking for sympathy:

I wanted to drill a hole, were in too much of a hurry, didn't use the vice, the drill grabbed the steel and spun it around.

Bad news: It was a sharp blade.

Good news: It was a short blade, and very low speed.

One bad cut along my left thumb. And a lot of skin removed from the pad of my middle finger. The bleeding stopped eventually. Nothing serious enough to go to the doctor, but any idea of lifting and using my left hand for the coming 2 weeks is out. 

The pictures are gory and I bled all over the workshop floor.

And I feel stupid.

Eish, so sorry to hear about your hand. Hoop dit word gou gesond.

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Stormie Omartian

"A wife's prayers for her husband has a far greater effect on him than anyone else's, even his mother's."

I'm sorry to hear about the hand.  I am sure that I have been doing far more foolish things, except the damage has been less visible.

I hope that your input depirivation week is successful.  I can track so many failures recently to my addiction to electronics and other distracting activities.  I need to find alternative, useful and constructive things to do.

I am sort of looking forward to it. There is lots of things that I have been procrastinating on and I should get a start on it.

Ouch, I'm sorry man. I've done that a lot, luckily I've always pulled my hand back in time. I hope you heal up quickly.

BTW you've inspired me. My life goal is to get my (mini) forge set up by the end of summer. It will take a colossal cleaning out of the garage.

There is always something else to do first isn't there? I always admire people who have their workplaces in immaculate condition.

Eish, so sorry to hear about your hand. Hoop dit word gou gesond.

Dankie. Today it feel so much better, almost no twinges.

And I woke up this morning with an upset stomach and fever and eventually headaches. I did unlock the workshop, made sure everybody had enough work and then come home and stayed in bed until lunchtime. I am feeling much better now, will see how it is tomorrow.

And I will be mostly off-line until next week. I will keep my battle-log updated, since that is output, but no mindless online browsing.

Good luck.

• Like 3

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius