W1 D1 Monday

Goal 1   TRACK AND ANALYZE PT
These went well today. I still am not getting all of them done, but I'm getting the majority of them. I'll focus more when I do them and get 100% by the end of the week.

Goal 2   LIST EMOTIONS AND BELIEFS 
DAY 1 of No sugar junk food.

Goal 3   TRACK FOOD BUDGET
It started off alright. Then my parents came to town and I spent money to get a premade dinner together as I'mm at a gig and there's no food at the house. They wanted to take me out to eat, but I didn't want that. So, not bad, just okay.

Goal 4   STAY IN THE MOMENT!
Today was hard, but good. Most of my time was in the here and now. Time blocks did well reminding me.

Side Quest Goal   MEMORIZE CHORDS
nothing new, but decent practice - my pinky is now getting the numbing effect from trying new chords!

W1 D2 Tuesday

no PT today -- oops

write about my feelings? Yeah, not today. It would be blah even though food choices were good. No sugar junk today.

good decision this evening. I wanted a small bag of Baked Lays and before I knew it, I was planning on going to Subway and buying that and a sub! I got there and did not buy the sub! yay me

50/50 I reckon. Guitar practice - yay, dogs' behaviors today - meh, food choices - yay, time wasting - meh

it is harder than I think it is to memorize chords and then put your fingers in the right place on the guitar itself! lol

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

W1 D3 Wednesday

A weird day that ended well. I'm gonna finish this post tomorrow. Okay! Here I am!

yup. I put my PT in with my workout. It seems to get done that way. Trouble being, I only workout every other day. Need to find a way to step up PT at home and at gig houses! First TO-DO TODAY!

good I bought a beef eater meal at the coffee shop, which was a neutral decision. The good decision was late at night after going to a movie with some friends. We saw Home which was cool and funny. Then both of my friends wanted 'a little something to eat' and they asked me to drive them to Burger King. I was like 'cool' and immediately started thinking of what I could 'get away with' eating. Right up until I drove in the parking lot, food items ran through my head. Then I said, oh so wisely of myself, does burger king have anything better than the grilled cheese you were planning on making? Ah? Nope, not enough to make me throw 200 nasty calories in my gut. I didn't buy anything! I ate 2 french fries (I asked for, was not offered) and that was that. WIN!
And my grilled cheese was very satisfying.

yup. Good day. I took action on two things that were bugging me the last couple of days before and my stress went way down and quickly. I fessed up to my share of the problem and made a good boundary decision with my father. Double WIN!!

I got some decent learning in as I got a few apps to help me memorize chords. Better still, I nailed a few chord to chord movements! Good sound and all. It's the first time that's happened in a decent timing kinda way! Okay they were likely dotted quarter notes, but still...

still pluggin away
  • Like 3

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Update on Block Timing.

It's definitely keeping me in the here and now so that rocks. When I phase out, I only can do that for a max of two hours!

And, I'm thinking of doing 1 hour Blocks in the evening. 2 hours is definitely too big a time frame. So starting at dinner which usually falls in the 6:30 block, I will set alarms for every hour. Leaving the last alarm at 10:30 to be 'getting to bed' time. Actually I wonder... I think I'll try setting another alarm at 11:00 to put away my phone! Yeah, I'ma gonna try dat.

Alarm 1 - 8:30 am

get started on the day after morning ablutions (making the bed, teeth, face & hair cleaned and presentable, meds washed down with at least 8 oz of water, and getting dressed) (also any gig work that needs doing) are completed. So, I will eat a breakfast of sorts - banana and peanut butter Cliff bar and water. Then usually go to the gym every other day or do PT exercises at home - need to actually do that part. This block gets taken up by the gym, but at home there's time to use still. So, I find myself starting errands and/or playing guitar.

Alarm 2 - 10:30 am

definitely an errand time block and on Fridays it's my PT appointment at the VA (takes 3 hours total - 2 driving, 1 at PT) which will eat up time in Block 1 on those days.

Alarm 3 - 12:30 pm

Lunch, and outdoor time. Often it's taking the gig dogs out for a walk and/or playing with other pets. If not working, I'm trying to get my walks in this block before things turn muggy and hot in the summer.

Alarm 4 - 2:30 pm

This one is mushy and sometimes I work right through it or never start anything. I'm sure it's partly the Nap Time temptation. Siesta! I'm gonna keep an eye out on this and see what it morphs into.

Alarm 5 - 4:30 pm

Job work - feedings and playtime. Non job time - on NF, errands, seeing people (rarely! lol), or just chillaxin' 

Alarm 6 - 6:30 pm

Dinner and dinner and dinner. Sometimes it takes me an hour and a half to decide, make or buy, eat and clean up after. When food is involved, my stress goes up even when I'm looking forward to cooking or eating. So no other things come in here unless I feel like it. No other demands to get in the way of nutrition!

Evening Alarms are undefined, obviously.

Overall, I really like this system.

That's that for now.

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Sounds like blocking time is pretty solid there and is working.

All that sugar stuff I think hits home for many of us.  Out of sight out of mind.  But there are times I crave it and then have to decide is it worth getting or not.  But it got the better of me earlier this week.  It was there and around...way too convenient.  

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Subbed for the outstanding resolve you have!

So proud of your pizza. Cook more at home! I know you can do it! Always here if you want me to help and go through your sale ads and make a menu!

Ahhhhhhh, sugar! Love hate relationship. I have found for me that if I can go a couple weeks without I am good and don't buy or crave. If I do give in to even a few PB M&M's it is on. Happened around Easter and I am still fighting the cravings. Even lead me back to diet soda. I had been off sugar/soda and sugar substitutes for 6 months or so. Good luck. Pulling for you.

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Subbed for the outstanding resolve you have!

So proud of your pizza. Cook more at home! I know you can do it! Always here if you want me to help and go through your sale ads and make a menu!

Ahhhhhhh, sugar! Love hate relationship. I have found for me that if I can go a couple weeks without I am good and don't buy or crave. If I do give in to even a few PB M&M's it is on. Happened around Easter and I am still fighting the cravings. Even lead me back to diet soda. I had been off sugar/soda and sugar substitutes for 6 months or so. Good luck. Pulling for you.

Thanks Sweetie.

I might get ahold of you. I found some interesting recipes and thought we could go over them to make sure I got what need and know whatever tricks I need to pull it off.

I need food that sustains me for the day, healing my workouts and keeping my brain engaged. That's my food plan now.

Cancer Sucks Sugar Sucks

They have both tried and they are both going to lose, big time.

This wagon feels secure like June so I am feeling confident.

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Sounds like blocking time is pretty solid there and is working.

All that sugar stuff I think hits home for many of us. Out of sight out of mind. But there are times I crave it and then have to decide is it worth getting or not. But it got the better of me earlier this week. It was there and around...way too convenient.

It is a sneaky, manipulating shadow part of me and we don't play well together. So it has to stand back away from the driver's seat and find something else to enjoy or deal with stress in some other way.

Thx suelk

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

W1 D4 Thursday

So, today was better emotionally which was nice. I am getting sleepy a lot because my food intake is low and it still has too much sugar/fructose - the Cliff Bar mainly.

Goal #1 PT exercises

I just finished them before hopping on here, yay!

Goal #2 Emotions and Beliefs

I believe I am suffering from, "that's a lot of weight to lose so it should be enough, right?" I actually asked a few friends of mine to stop commenting on how 'good' I look so I can focus on losing the next 45 pounds. I don't think I really want to stay here, but there's that dark place inside that has never truly committed to this path and it has been wanting an excuse like this for some time, I imagine. So inertia is an issue right now. And therefore I think, believing I deserve to be even thinner is not something I'm completely faithful to. Too many old record players in my head saying, you've had your fun and you're in good enough shape, stop trying to be great at something. Ya know, don't be too happy! Ugh.

Goal #3 Track Food Budget

I bought... nothing! I walked downtown. I had several chances. I didn't open my wallet once! Very happy about that.

Goal #4 Stay in the Moment

Aside from the sleepy stuff, I did pretty well. A few times, I caught myself playing HayDay and not knowing how much time had past. But, feel good about today's in reality time.

Side Quest Chords

I got a few chord to chord movements right on the mark and sounding like they should! It felt nice to see that progress. And hear it, too.

The Mini Accountabilibuddies Adventure

It's is on its way. I have a team of 4 others and we're staying together for the challenge, helping and getting help around time management and motivation. Looking forward to it.

• Like 4

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Yay for a good day!

tumblr_nawbdzX8ny1qaekyio1_500.gif

And our brains can be the WORST. But remember that YOU are valuable enough to be happy in your body. YOU are good enough right now as you are - you're choosing to make changes to enhance your own, implicit awesome. 

• Like 1

Level 7 Valkyrie Scout

STR 8 | DEX 7 | STA 10 | CON 7.5 | WIS 13 | CHA 12

Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
Battle Log

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

Brains are so mean sometimes, you'd think they'd be on our side! Just gotta block out the negative self-talk, you're doing so great. Yay for buying nothing! The little goals are all part of something bigger. 

• Like 1

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

Yay for a good day!

tumblr_nawbdzX8ny1qaekyio1_500.gif

And our brains can be the WORST. But remember that YOU are valuable enough to be happy in your body. YOU are good enough right now as you are - you're choosing to make changes to enhance your own, implicit awesome. 

Kermit rules!! I love the Muppets, thanks!

I am pretty valuable aren't I? I tried not to laugh after writing it, but I laughed! LOL I'm getting to a place where losing more weight is becoming my first priority so I must be ready and willing to make it happen. Thank you.

So I go and hibernate for a couple of challenges and when I come back you're creating pizza masterpieces? Wowee!!!!!

Mwaahaha! I'm making another one this weekend! I'm really finding my stride with food. Albeit, it's cooking every 12th day, but it's something! lol

I hope your hibernation has been good. How did the race go awhile back?

Brains are so mean sometimes, you'd think they'd be on our side! Just gotta block out the negative self-talk, you're doing so great. Yay for buying nothing! The little goals are all part of something bigger. 

Brains are indeed difficult to decipher on good days, but put any level of debility in the day and the brain has a field day with fixes that should have been done before and punishments that last, it seems, forever. But I'm getting better at seeing the smaller steps I can do make forward progress so that's pretty major in my book. Thanks, RSMR.

This is how I feel right now! lol

I think I'm smiling, but nothing stays put very long before I'm snoozing again! ha ha

Thanks for seeing the parts of me I'm still trying to see at all.   :rapture:

spread-542x380.png

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

W1 D5 Friday

Decent day. I was able to turn my mood around after getting a bump in my plans. I enjoyed my day anyway! Yay

Goal #1 PT

Well, I went to PT, does that count?! LOL I didn't think so. I did a few there, but not many. I was going to go to the gym, but the bump got in the way. I'm going to do a few before bed. I got some progression changes to a few of them so I want to try those out.

I'm okay with things atm so no big news to write about.

I went grocery shopping this evening as I had nothing in the house beyond some frozen veggies and a curry gravy bar I haven't tried out yet. I spent $30+ and got stuff to make 2 pizzas, cooked split turkey breast to cut up and prepare for meals through the week. Kinda the first time I'm doing this. I got 2 Shepherd's pies that finally got restocked, they are all natural so it's a great meal. I love the Shepherds and their pies! I bought enough cubed ham to have it on my pizza and as a ham and cheese melt at another meal. I got a bag of frozen pineapple to go on my pizza so they'll be plenty left for the week's snacks.

Tracking my food has been a little hit and miss on MFP, but I'm on an upswing so that's cool.

I did kinda okay. I drove to my PT so that's an hour each way and I often daydream while driving. Not really sure how the count that.

I played a little bit of Hay Day and 1010, but I also walked with the dogs and had fun, practice my guitar, and worked on my workout log and my calorie/food requirements.

Side Quest: Chords

Well, isn't F Major a bitch! And B Major isn't helping either! LOL

I'm doing well with A and E Major and E minor. 

So committing the Major, minor and dom 7ths of each note (no sharps/flats yet though).

Feeling relaxed and tired so Good Nite Nerds!!

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

subbed! Love your determination and two hour time-blocks. I might just have to steal that  :smile-new: keep up the great work! 

Hey spookyfoot. Welcome and thanks for dropping by. Please steal whatever you like!

I really feel more in contact with my day and the time it has to offer so even if I don't change what I'm doing, I 'know' what's happening around me and in me to a better extent. It feels good. I encourage everyone to feel their days and the time within each one in whatever way they can, to feel connected to something more than themselves.

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

W1 D6&7 The Weekend

Hum... I seem to have found an interesting groove in the last couple of days. I have found (or rather re-discovered) my love of walking. I just felt like walking on Saturday so I grabbed my headphones and just started walking down State Street. The music was good and my pace was energetic and fun. I decided to go as far as the first underpass and then head back. And that's what I did. I didn't use my Run Keeper app so I didn't know how far I went of how long it took, but when I googled it, it came out to 3.2 miles. A freakin' 5K! And although it's not a good route for running as it's mostly cement sidewalk and road asphalt, it does give me a way to practice speed walking it and seeing how time flies that way. The trails are still wet and mushy in the park so nothing there yet. I do have more punches left on my card to use the Alter-G treadmill so I am going to start doing that once a week for the rest of the challenge. Yay!

Goal #1 PT

Exercises were done, but not completely. I have to step this up if I want to get better and have more stability in my feet and trunk. I have been getting my feet taped to support my Achilles and to put tension on my bunions, but the tape that's used for the bunions isn't tough enough to stay on. Going to chat with my PT about that tomorrow.

I believe I can make it through a few days without my main PTSD med without losing it. AS I just had to do that this weekend. They sent me the wrong one and I have to drive down tomorrow to get more. BUT I'm not freaking out about it which is unusual. Another yay for me!

I have been mindful not to buy too much, but not really adding things up this weekend so I want to do that tomorrow. I did however risk my taste buds and tried a new dish. I went to the co-op and found a dish (pre-made, but organic and all) called, African No-Nut Vegan Stew. It was divine!!! It is made by a family in Memphis now I think, they use to be in New Orleans. It's called, Global Village Cuisine. I recommend it highly.

Goal #4 Stay In the Moment

Not bad. I played several games, but didn't get lost in them like I sometimes do so that was nice. I practiced guitar, took care of pets, cut up my turkey and put portions in glass containers for other days (one being this evening) so I really am proud of myself for doing that. I did a lot of work on daily nutritional needs. And I did a bunch of research for my business taxes. It's all screwed up right now as I made two poor choices and got screwed up by the State Tax dept. Ah well, time to get things scrubbed up and fixed. Not much actual reality escaping, more consciously taking breaks. Sometimes my head was nodding off as a big hint for me, but I did take the breaks. lol

Goal #5 Chords

Oh my. These are hard to keep in my head. I think I need to write them down by hand and draw them out. I learn best that way so might as well use it.

Mini Challenge - Team Work and Motivation

I'm working with some great folks on dissecting my 2-hour block formula and staying accountable to them and myself for what I actually do in those time blocks. I got a great idea from them to insert breaks in order to keep the fuzzy brain from gaining too much ground during the time blocks so I'll be starting that tomorrow.

Okay, that's all the news fit to print. Good Nite my Nerds!

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

I love a good walk! How are your chords coming along?

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

I *love* walking. The reason I got an audible account was because I enjoy walking to audiobooks. I run to them now, but if I'm feel not quite up to a run, a 20 or 30 minute walk with an audiobook is a great substitute. :)

• Like 1

Level 7 Valkyrie Scout

Battle Log

I love a good walk! How are your chords coming along?

chords chords chords! These little bastards are hard! lol

I'm working on memorizing the whole notes in their major, minor, and 7th chord set ups.

I'm also working on chord progression. It's slow going, but I'm so much more confident than I was a month ago so that's something.

Memorizing is decent. I know some chords without having to look them up again.

C major, D major and 7th, E major, minor and 7th, G major and 7th, A major,I'm working on getting at least one chord on B and F - doesn't matter which one-  but they are a bitch right now. My fingers don't move like that yet!

I *love* walking. The reason I got an audible account was because I enjoy walking to audiobooks. I run to them now, but if I'm feel not quite up to a run, a 20 or 30 minute walk with an audiobook is a great substitute. :)

Walking is great. I even wanted to go for a walk last night so I did. And I knew before starting that it would include a 300+ foot downhill and 300+ foot uphill and it is steep. I went just under a mile (0.8 I think) in about 16 minutes. I averaged about 3 mph so I was pretty happy with that.

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

So I haven't been posting my updates for the last ? days.

I've been kiinda busy, kinda worried about what I would write, and kinda like whatever... which obviously falls into the worried column. SO...

W2 D1 - Monday

Goal #1 PT

nope. I have excuses!

Yes. I have a good one to talk about. My excuse (flimsy as it is) for not going to the gym today and working out, is that I got a bit screwed over with my meds and ran out of one on Friday. It said, they had delivered it, but nothing. I had thought I had somehow forgot the I had received them, but nope. I drove down to the VA and demanded more. Okay, I asked politely, but I asked! They too said it was delivered and gave me a 2 week supply to get me covered for now. It wasn't great, but it would suffice. I'm not sure how long ago, but before this moment sometime, I would have suffered through the loss and waited (not patiently or calmly) for the meds to miraculously show up. I think this means that I care? about myself more. YAYAYAYAYAY! It felt good to spend 2 and 1/2 hours doing something I needed for me.

So over the weekend, I told myself, "Self. We know this is going to affect us emotionally and physically so let's not go off the handle worrying about the usuals like cancer, suicide, and being a failure at good changes." They, my Inner Peeps, seem to agree and we did really well not getting emotional about missing 7 doses! 7. Holy crap.

Tracking on MFP has been good this week. I think I forgot to enter a clementine (twice - I have them at night before bed).

Food Budget -- I found a new dish that is pre-made (thankfully) and costs 1/3 the price of the beef eater meal I get at the coffee shop AND it's more filling. The beef eater leaves a whole in my tummy about 3 hours later. This dish did not leave a whole and it seemed to burn steadily throughout the time. I'm guessing, but it certainly is batter than the beef eater so WIN.

Hum... Not horrible, but I could definitely feel the difference from the last few days before this one. The stress of the meds certainly was playing out, just not as a fierce, out-of-control, worried person. I spent a significant amount of time in fantasy land and I played more games than anything else when I got back to my gig house. But, my recovery was fast which is a great improvement as well.

Goal #5 Chords

I changed my tactic and started watching a training vid by the guy who does guitarjams.com. I like his style of teaching. So I went with that.

W2 D2 - Tuesday

Goal #1 PT

none! yucky, must do more and be more jazzed about it especially since I know I'm getting benefit out of it. I did get my new inserts for my flattening arches. It's a gel heel pad with more gel on the inside to keep my achilles from slumping inward and down because my arches are flat now. They felt darn good. I did notice that I will have to watch for twisting my ankle in the other direction now.  :playful:  It's a price I'm willing to pay.

Goal #2 Emotions and Beliefs and Goal #3 Track Food Budget

hum... I think I just kinda freaked out from all the good things lately and scarfed down a bag of baked lays yesterday. I did get more of the new dish I like which was nice. I didn't go to the coffee shop or subway or any other place that ran through my head. I went to the co-op for the dish and went to Shaws for the chips and chicken and bananas. So saved money, didn't go crazy while in town, and was able to put the baked lays down twice before going to get them again. That's 2 times better than usual.

Not too bad today. I could have done with another walk, but the weather was worthy of an excuse. I tramped around some with the cat, but hardly for training, but good for fresh air. I really love walking cats (no leash).

Goal #5 Chords

I tried the app that guitar jams has that walks me through the basics. It's easier for me to listen and watch him than read and try on my own. So yay. Got some good practice doing chord progression between D, Em, C, and A. I'm also learning the intro for Wayward Son. Finger picking is what I really want to do, but I'm so damn slow. It's comical when not a bit frustrating. I know I'm suppose to learn by going slow, but I keep wanting to speed it up. But my speeding up just leads to messing up!

LESSON LEARNT -- Follow the teacher's advice!

So I reckon

I was nervous about this posting, because I am doing fairly well.

I get caught up needing excuses to keep away the guilt of not doing enough, but when I write it down and share it,

it's not nothing.

I will work on accepting this and be happy to post good things and wanting to post tough stuff to get it outside of me

and made real so it can then leave.

WOW I'm kinda doing well. hahaha

• Like 4

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

I'm glad that you've been able to self-reflect and not let a bump in the road throw you off!Good on you!

Remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Be gentle with You. :)

You-Got-It-Dude-Michelle-Reaction-Gif-On

• Like 2

Level 7 Valkyrie Scout

Battle Log

Interesting post about doing well but still not feeling that you're doing enough!!!  I sympathize and kick myself often for competing where there is no competition or not feeling successful or interesting enough. 

But make it like meditation - keep doing it even if it seems like routine. 

c29327b035c41bc068d8d9d1c82b10da.jpg

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk