So many challenge threads already!
I've finally, at long last, officially, reached level 9.

More soon.

construction160x200.gif

UPDATE ONE:

So here's what I'm thinking. A lot during the last challenge I was looking at Gold Medal Bodies (GMB's) stuff. I decided that I would pull the trigger with the Parallettes One program on the next challenge (this one). They have a bundle with their Focused Flexibility program, and flexibility has been on my to-do list for a while. So why not both!

The tricky part is that I'm on vacation, away from home, away from my computer, and I haven't looked at how the programs are structured, so I'm uncertain of how it'll fit into a six-week challenge, with goal setting etc. Can I do both FF and Parallettes with a reasonable schedule? I will have to wait to find out. So my goals may have to be fleshed out and/or adjusted as time goes by.

Presently here's where my goals stand:

1. GMB's Parallettes One Program (x times weekly...to be determined)

2. GMB's Focused Flexibility Program (x times weekly...to be determined)

(1a-2a) Swing dancing warm-ups. Post playlists.

3. Eat well: cook two healthy meals at home per week.

4. Post (follow-up) on five Assassins' threads weekly.

• Like 3

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

All righty,

Getting a slower start to the challenge, since I have been processing and reading all my GMB stuff. Not much will change.

Goal 1: Follow Parallettes One Program 3x weekly

Just do the program. I'm not going to start till this coming Monday, so I'm lined up. I'll just do general bodyweight work the first week.

Goal 2: Work on Focused Flexibility 2x weekly

On my off days from P1, I'll work on Focused Flexibility, at least 2x weekly.

Goal 3: Cook a Healthy Meal at Home 2x weekly

Straight-forward. Healthy means meats and vegetables. Not necessarily paleo, but that helps.

Goal 4: Post and Follow-up on Five Assassins' Threads Weekly.

Stay involved!

• Like 3

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Yeahh, loving this challenge sounds like a banger.

Paralettes One should be awesome, I was looking at it for a challenge but I have a feeling it may take me more than six weeks to complete! 

Anyway can't wait to see your porgress. 

Thanks! Yeah P1 is actually a 12-week program. So I can stretch it :D

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Just purchased a fancy microwave egg cooker thing which will help me with better breakfasts!

I'm pretty breakfast-lazy in the mornings. I don't want to cook, so I eat junk cereal or make smoothies. Smoothies aren't inherently bad, but I want to get more protein in the breakfast world, so I think this egg cooker will help. Just need 1 minute and you get a cooked egg on toast. Yum. It should arrive today, so we'll see how we do with the healthy meals!

• Like 1

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Yar. Tuesday already?

Okay, catching up.

Week One Recap:

Goal 1: Follow Parallettes One Program 3x weekly

... just did general bodyweight workout (1) this week. I was still digesting the GMB videos and instructions...

Goal 2: Work on Focused Flexibility 2x weekly

...didn't do this... still digesting

Goal 3: Cook a Healthy Meal at Home 2x weekly

Success! Two healthy meals at home. Eggs and toast for breakfast. Giant salads. Cooked chicken. Nom.

Goal 4: Post and Follow-up on Five Assassins' Threads Weekly.

Success.

• Like 1

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

P1 Day One

Warm-up

Plank Push-ups (from knees) 8 / 8 / 8

Floor Dips 8 / 8 / 8

Plank Hold 5s / 5s / 5s

Tuck Hold 5s / 5s / 5s

Mountain Climbers 8 / 8 / 8 

Cool-down

Then breakfast of egg and toast. It took 2 minutes to prepare. Thank you microwave egg cooker.

• Like 1

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

My wife will use a mug to nuke eggs occasionally. But then almost every morning are eggs over-easy (aka "yolk eggs" to my kids). My 5 year-old asks for them every morning and has declared them his favorite meal (if not quesadillas). We have a pan that just lives on the stove-top for morning eggs.

L2 Dwarf Assassin (w/ Druidic tendencies)

Current challenge: Seeking rest, focus, and peace of mind.

Previous challenges: RespawnTime to get mobile, & Building assassin necessities

Been doing some stretching in the evening. Primarily working on the forward fold. GMB's method has you touching your toes immediately, with bent knees, which forces you to have a better posture with your back. Pretty cool.

Overslept this morning, so missed my morning workout. I'll have to do it this afternoon...

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Parallettes One - Day Two

Warm up:

New Orleans Jazz Vipers "Did You Mean It?"

Louis Armstrong "Woman is a Sometimes Thing"

P1 Warm Up

Parallette Plank Push-ups 8 / 8 / 9

Front Dips 8 / 8 / 8

Plank Holds 10s / 10s / 10s

Tuck Hold 5s / 5s / 5s

Mountain Climbers 9L9R / 9L9R / 9L9R

Cool Down

I was three quarters of the way through this workout when I realized I should have done the "Day 2" exercises, but I was doing Day 1 again. Whoops. On Saturday, I'll do Day 2. The workout seems good, but some things seem easier than others. That's probably how it is for a lot of people-- stronger in some areas than others... I have L-Sit practice on Saturday, which should be a bit of a challenge. Good times. Onward!

• Like 1

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Glad to see ya reached lvl 9 sir! Rock on with GMB and dancing.. We do need vids like Kylie said... I'm starting to jones!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvyesuSKLz1qg40ybo1_500.gif

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.