Sokkasm's Journey to Mastering Firebending

Which Taebo instructor are you watching? I used to use the ones with Billy Blanks, think I liked those well enough. Maybe that time suck known as Youtube has some good ones. I've found great yoga videos there.

I'm watching Billy Blank. If you look up  'tae bo' on youtube he's the only person that fills up the first two or three pages of results. Other than the few dvd's my parents got of him, I've got some extra digital copies of his other stuff. 

The only reason I haven't done any tae bo yet is because of some sleep problems I've been having. I can't seem to fall asleep past 2am and wake up late cuz of that (and since I have late classes.) I just lay in bed for an hour or two until that time rolls around and I finally nod off. This is causing me to sleep past my alarm. And I set several of them on my phone. 

k2BWaBj.gif

The cats are doing taebo... Boy, that's wonderful.

Cats working out is always the best

gif-cat-workout-aerobics-676039.gif

I was going to ask if it was Tae Bo Billy, I love him! 

tae-bo-lifted-leg-crunch-o.gif

Billy Blanks is the only way to go!

tumblr_mjntf2f5vb1s647g6o1_500.png

• Like 2

558.jpg

• Like 2

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

This may sound weird but, I find that I do not wake up early if I have something small to eat before bed.  I know that goes against a lot of dieting dogma, but it works for me.  I eat about an ounce of raw cheddar or a few almonds most nights.  Might not do a thing for you, but its something to think about if you keep having trouble sleeping.  I know when my sleep is off I crash quickly. 

Best-MEME-Sleep.jpg

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

This may sound weird but, I find that I do not wake up early if I have something small to eat before bed.  I know that goes against a lot of dieting dogma, but it works for me.  I eat about an ounce of raw cheddar or a few almonds most nights.  Might not do a thing for you, but its something to think about if you keep having trouble sleeping.  I know when my sleep is off I crash quickly. 

I use to do that. But I stopped for several reasons. 

I had to go brush my teeth again afterwards and sometimes I'd wake up to stomach noises from late night digestion. And other times it would leave me tossing and turning the rest of the night. 

I think I'll just shut off all electronics after a certain hour, read for a few minutes, then hid the bed. I've mentioned a relaxation app I use in my last challenge. I've had this app longer than I'd care to admit, but it does the job of getting me to relax and fall asleep. When I'm having trouble I've had to put it on repeat several times. We'll see how this goes.

tumblr_mew5m3tRgp1rv608ro1_500.gif

Sometimes all it takes is a bouncing little spark

DAY 03 & 04 & 05

These three days have been eventful. (At least by my standards) I've done my running exercises. I've been going at a low pace on the stationary bike, but I've kept that pace for over an hour. I just wake up in the morning pull three episode of an anime on my laptop, get setup in my garage gym, and start pedaling. I don't like to sit still and watch tv anymore. I blame the bike. I can't even watch a movie on the couch anymore without pausing it at least once and walking around the house for no reason. I feel like a pile of dough when I think about marathoning anything. At least I'm being active. right?

funny-fat-cat-couch-sofa-4-boxes-thin-mi

I decided to give up on the tae bo work outs. sorry about the bad news. It's just easier for me to throw on some workout clothes and workout in the garage instead of waiting for my computer to boot up and load the video. Plus my dad suggested that the fam go on a kyak fishing/crabbing trip this summer. And these flabby arms of mine aren't gonna get me far. So I'm deciding on doing rowing. (I got my folks excited about being healthy after they saw me coming out of my room almost every morning out of breath and in a good sweat from my previous challenges. So they bought a few machines to workout on their own.) There's a stationary rowing machine just sitting in the garage begging to be used. I know I can only go for about five minutes on that thing before calling it quits, but I'd love to be able to row for about twenty minutes. I feel like that's asking for a lot, especially at the level I'm at, but I think I can work my way up close to that time by the end of the challenge. I'm just looking for an exercise that works out my arms and helps build stamina too. 

fma_armstrong3.jpg

Yesterday was an oops for me. I didn't have class so I decided to stay home. I don't think I stepped a foot outside either. But it was raining so that's a reasonable excuse. I just stayed on my computer and played any dungeon crawler I could find on the net until it was time for bed. So I goofed on my sunlight dosage. Guess that's why my firebending wasn't working that day.

GlCT69E.jpg

So I did the rowing. And my arms are tired. They don't hurt exactly, it's more of a fatigued muscles.. I guess I beat my own record.

tumblr_mxfe59x2PM1sdtzo2o3_500.gif

I decided to finish up the last two episodes of yowamushi pedal and I got so wrapped up in it that I lost track of time and by the time it was over I had been rowing for twenty minutes. I knew it was suicide to continue on the rower just so I could finish up the final episode so I switch to the bike. I feel like I've lost a part of me now that yowamushi pedal is over. That show got me really excited about cycling and it made me find out that I like using the stationary bike. I'm gonna move on to the volleyball anime called haikyuu that I keep seeing everywhere. And once I finish that I'll finish the swimming anime Free! 

Yowamushi-Pedal--Grande-Road.jpg

• Like 1

Yesterday was an oops for me. I didn't have class so I decided to stay home. I don't think I stepped a foot outside either. But it was raining so that's a reasonable excuse. I just stayed on my computer and played any dungeon crawler I could find on the net until it was time for bed. So I goofed on my sunlight dosage. Guess that's why my firebending wasn't working that day.

tumblr_mgfum39wYX1rlgr9no1_250.gif

The setback is actually a setup for something epic. It'd be boring if you win easily. I'm rooting for you!!

• Like 2

Must admit I'm a little jealous about the rowing machine :). I never thought about getting one of those! I'm going to keep an eye out for one on Craigslist.

I understand the feeling of sadness when you finish an anime. The good news is there is so many others out there to discover!

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

The setback is actually a setup for something epic. It'd be boring if you win easily. I'm rooting for you!!

Well I wouldn't want to disappoint anyone with a boring victory, now would I?

My goals aren't as structured as I hoped they would be, so I might need to do further tweaking. Doing an hour on the bike is boring and It's easy for me to do 20 on the rower and 20 on the bike, but doing that together every other day with nothing in between would be a waste. So why not practice my firebending breathing techniques? I miss yoga airbending practice. I know airbenders can stay warm regardless of weather conditions by just using their breath. And firebenders can do the same. I know Zuko did so when he got locked up in that freezer at the boiling rock.  

GaTU4KC.gif

Plus they already use breathing techniques while meditating in front of candles.

Zuko_meditating.png

Must admit I'm a little jealous about the rowing machine :). I never thought about getting one of those! I'm going to keep an eye out for one on Craigslist.

I understand the feeling of sadness when you finish an anime. The good news is there is so many others out there to discover!

I'm just glad my folks decided to get one. Once I move out I'll have to do the same and hunt down a rower of my own. 

I have a whole list of anime I need to watch, but it still hurts finishing up a good anime. But when you've dedicated so much time and so many feels to an anime its painful to see things come to an end.

tumblr_mhougvcNvx1rr56cmo3_500.gif

Well I wouldn't want to disappoint anyone with a boring victory, now would I?

My goals aren't as structured as I hoped they would be, so I might need to do further tweaking. Doing an hour on the bike is boring and It's easy for me to do 20 on the rower and 20 on the bike, but doing that together every other day with nothing in between would be a waste. So why not practice my firebending breathing techniques? I miss yoga airbending practice. I know airbenders can stay warm regardless of weather conditions by just using their breath. And firebenders can do the same. I know Zuko did so when he got locked up in that freezer at the boiling rock.  

GaTU4KC.gif

Plus they already use breathing techniques while meditating in front of candles.

Zuko_meditating.png

I'm just glad my folks decided to get one. Once I move out I'll have to do the same and hunt down a rower of my own. 

I have a whole list of anime I need to watch, but it still hurts finishing up a good anime. But when you've dedicated so much time and so many feels to an anime its painful to see things come to an end.

tumblr_mhougvcNvx1rr56cmo3_500.gif

You know you really love an anime when it comes to an end and you feel like there is a hole in the inside. 

tumblr_lzvgrqRWZB1rqq1iao1_400.gif

• Like 1

Hey Sokkasm! How're you doing? Thought more about how/if you're going to tweak your goals?

Have a good rest-of-week-2!

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

Hey Sokkasm! How're you doing? Thought more about how/if you're going to tweak your goals?

Have a good rest-of-week-2!

Hey there! I've been pretty busy this week. I've tweaked my goals, but haven't changed them in my first post on this thread yet. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

WEEK 1 RESULTS

running: 2/3

yoga :   1/3

tracking: 5/7

water: 5/7

TOTAL: C+

School work and finals are catching up with me and caused a hiccup in a few of my goals. I'm going to try to set reminders on my phone so I can better be aware of my time and manage myself better.

tumblr_n3m0wmNpXi1tq7ol6o1_500.gif

I haven't been able to get to bed at the right time either this week. It's not that I can't sleep, but I loose track of time on my computer. I can get so absorbed that I barely have enough hours left in the night for sleep. I hate myself for this, but I acknowledge this problem and am going to fix those as well. (It's just one thing after another, isn't it?)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29779-1373031471-22

Another problem with my goals are weekends. I don't take into account that my entire schedule changes because of no classes and I have to fulfill certain social obligations either with friends or family. I can't work out in the morning because I either wake up late or have someone hovering over me while I'm in the garage. It's also difficult to gauge time without classes, breaks, club meeting times, etc. So I forget to drink water or don't get enough by the end of the day. Also, I'm so preoccupied with everything else that tracking food becomes irrelevant. 

tumblr_ltje6aaqgO1qgunn1o1_500.gif

on another note here's a colorful gif to make up for the lack of color in these other pics. 

tumblr_n4lqya29mm1tv7fsto1_500.gif

Well it looks like you have at least identified the problems with your bat cave.  Now you can figure out a way to fix them.  Maybe you can't fix them all at once but you can make a plan.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

How's week two coming along, Fire bender?  I know things may not be as planned, but you'll pull through!

Well it looks like you have at least identified the problems with your bat cave.  Now you can figure out a way to fix them.  Maybe you can't fix them all at once but you can make a plan.  

I feel like I've got a lot of problems, or as Matt recently said some inner demons. But to sum things up it's one big problem. Time management. When I think about putting a face to it I think of Doctor Nefarious Tropy from Crash Bandicoot. I've faced him before in crash bandicoot, but never beat him. And now it's the same irl. Responsibilities are piling up causing me to loose sleep, miss workout time, and stress eat. I know I can't fix everything at once, but if I figure out the pattern to this problem it'll will work itself out or at least get a little easier.

hqdefault.jpg

How's week two coming along, Fire bender?  I know things may not be as planned, but you'll pull through!

Love the video!

Things aren't going so hot. Everything feels so overwhelming. Even writing this. Even with the reminders on my phone I forget to track my food and have to log it in the next day. Because of sleep, firebending practice and testing out the fire power has come to a stand still this week. With everything piling up, I end up going for the cookies in the pantry before bed. As much as I'd love to throw them out of the house the fam would get upset at this (although they don't even eat the stuff.) And tossing out the cookie dough is a no go since my mini-me would be upset.

carbs-carbs-everywhere.jpg

The majority of food in the house is all carbs. Even yesterday I went to make myself some dinner only to find waffles, pizza rolls, and left over pasta as the only things available. I'm gonna need to get scavenge through the pantry for some canned veggie and meat/fish if I want to keep going or convince the fam to get healthy again next time I go shopping for food. 

tumblr_m6fe18DRTB1rqcl0vo1_500.gif

• Like 2

I feel like I've got a lot of problems, or as Matt recently said some inner demons. But to sum things up it's one big problem. Time management. When I think about putting a face to it I think of Doctor Nefarious Tropy from Crash Bandicoot. I've faced him before in crash bandicoot, but never beat him. And now it's the same irl. Responsibilities are piling up causing me to loose sleep, miss workout time, and stress eat. I know I can't fix everything at once, but if I figure out the pattern to this problem it'll will work itself out or at least get a little easier.

Love the video!

Things aren't going so hot. Everything feels so overwhelming. Even writing this. Even with the reminders on my phone I forget to track my food and have to log it in the next day. Because of sleep, firebending practice and testing out the fire power has come to a stand still this week. With everything piling up, I end up going for the cookies in the pantry before bed. As much as I'd love to throw them out of the house the fam would get upset at this (although they don't even eat the stuff.) And tossing out the cookie dough is a no go since my mini-me would be upset.

The majority of food in the house is all carbs. Even yesterday I went to make myself some dinner only to find waffles, pizza rolls, and left over pasta as the only things available. I'm gonna need to get scavenge through the pantry for some canned veggie and meat/fish if I want to keep going or convince the fam to get healthy again next time I go shopping for food.

Sorry to hear things are not going so hot... But stick in there! You might have to adapt something so that it's easier to follow... I find that sleeping is the most important thing ever, and you should focus on it.

I hope things get less crazy soon.

tumblr_mes7n5kO4n1rsrt78o3_250.gif

Again, sorry you are having a difficult time.  I like Phytomancer's idea.  Prioritize.  maybe logging your food is a no go now.  Focus on 1 solid shopping trip.  Even if your family isn't into the healthy choices, at least have some stand-bys for you.  maybe you could enlist their help to at least batch cook a few things for you.  Maybe some hard boiled eggs for those late night snacks?   

Focus on sleep so you aren't foggy and can face your demons properly.  And then shoot for smaller goals - like replacing the evening snacks with a healthy option...  it's better to do something little that you can manage than skip everything because they are too large to face at once. 

Keep at it!  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Sorry to hear things are not going so hot... But stick in there! You might have to adapt something so that it's easier to follow... I find that sleeping is the most important thing ever, and you should focus on it.

I hope things get less crazy soon.

Sleep is the number one priority for me right now

giphy.gif

Sorry the week's been so hard. Hope things start looking up soon.; 

Thanks! I'm gonna do my best from this week forward. 

tumblr_ltqp75jkUd1qgsje2o2_500.gif

Again, sorry you are having a difficult time.  I like Phytomancer's idea.  Prioritize.  maybe logging your food is a no go now.  Focus on 1 solid shopping trip.  Even if your family isn't into the healthy choices, at least have some stand-bys for you.  maybe you could enlist their help to at least batch cook a few things for you.  Maybe some hard boiled eggs for those late night snacks?   

Focus on sleep so you aren't foggy and can face your demons properly.  And then shoot for smaller goals - like replacing the evening snacks with a healthy option...  it's better to do something little that you can manage than skip everything because they are too large to face at once. 

Keep at it!  

Thanks! I'm gonna prioritize with sleep first, then exercise. If I get to sleep on time then I can get up early enough to work out. It was the lack of sleep that made everything fall apart. I don't have to worry about staying up late the rest of this challenge since I have no more homework. It's just studying for finals for the next two weeks. 

tumblr_mxlvwsZ8mS1qbvovho1_500.gif

As for food. Tracking is a-okay, but enlisting seems to be a no go at this point. Malificent/Azula made a last minute grocery shopping trip on her own. And the priority being unhealthy choices for her daughter Lilith. So that means no healthy options for anyone else. It's my fault for not keeping a better eye on the shopping list and letting it get out of hand with unhealthy items.

drowning-in-junk.jpg

I can still do more shopping tomorrow since she didn't get too much, the house needs some more essentials, and my (more considerate) dad is off of work. I got a free food from campus today so had an apple and orange over half a box of girl scout cookies. That's still progress in my book. I'll make a list of healthy food that I can hoard so this doesn't happen again. 

101951-squirrel-hides-nut-in-dog-fur-XQk

Sleep is key in this challenge. It was wrong of me to not put it in the challenge too (only because I didn't want to have too many goals.) But I didn't get much sleep last night either. I had pain in my teeth that was causing more pain in my ear and eye. Brushing only made it worse, cold water numbed it for only so long, and the only pain killers in the house give me bad asthma if I take them. On the positive side, my teeth didn't hurt today and I'm super exhausted and ready for a good night's sleep. 

anime-toothache.jpg

• Like 1