Sokkasm's Journey to Mastering Firebending

Sleep is the number one priority for me right now

giphy.gif

Thanks! I'm gonna do my best from this week forward. 

tumblr_ltqp75jkUd1qgsje2o2_500.gif

Thanks! I'm gonna prioritize with sleep first, then exercise. If I get to sleep on time then I can get up early enough to work out. It was the lack of sleep that made everything fall apart. I don't have to worry about staying up late the rest of this challenge since I have no more homework. It's just studying for finals for the next two weeks. 

tumblr_mxlvwsZ8mS1qbvovho1_500.gif

As for food. Tracking is a-okay, but enlisting seems to be a no go at this point. Malificent/Azula made a last minute grocery shopping trip on her own. And the priority being unhealthy choices for her daughter Lilith. So that means no healthy options for anyone else. It's my fault for not keeping a better eye on the shopping list and letting it get out of hand with unhealthy items.

drowning-in-junk.jpg

I can still do more shopping tomorrow since she didn't get too much, the house needs some more essentials, and my (more considerate) dad is off of work. I got a free food from campus today so had an apple and orange over half a box of girl scout cookies. That's still progress in my book. I'll make a list of healthy food that I can hoard so this doesn't happen again. 

101951-squirrel-hides-nut-in-dog-fur-XQk

Sleep is key in this challenge. It was wrong of me to not put it in the challenge too (only because I didn't want to have too many goals.) But I didn't get much sleep last night either. I had pain in my teeth that was causing more pain in my ear and eye. Brushing only made it worse, cold water numbed it for only so long, and the only pain killers in the house give me bad asthma if I take them. On the positive side, my teeth didn't hurt today and I'm super exhausted and ready for a good night's sleep. 

anime-toothache.jpg

I am sorry about the teeth stuff. The challenge is fun, but it is the way to lead you to good health when you are ready.

I understand too well how struggling with health issues feel like, and I am glad you're still moving slowly forward. Also, your teeth not hurting anymore is a good sign. I hope you feel better soon.

I like the jest you made about Azula, Malificent, and Lilith. I mean, the gals gotta shop, right?

Sleep tight!

I like the jest you made about Azula, Malificent, and Lilith. I mean, the gals gotta shop, right?

I try to look at things from a different perspective even if it's still (slightly less) negative. Putting a different face or name to someone helps me better understand them and their behaviors and how to maneuver around their... unpleasantries. From all the people I've met in my life I've never come across anyone life my stepmom and stepsister (aka. Azula/Malificent and Lilith.) In the past two days I've received more death glares and passive aggressive comments from the two than usual.

Azula-avatar-the-last-airbender-23685810

Azula told me that playing with the dog in the evening is, in her words, a literal big "f**k you." All I do is make direct eye contact with my dog and he will do laps around the house for five minutes. I don't even have to move. I can stay as still as a statue while my doge does laps around me. 

tumblr_mmfwdqRCK11rcl9fxo1_500.gif

Lilith on the other hand gives verbal death threats like "watch your back" and my personal favorite "I will literally kill you" and then continues in how she will do the deed. She still throws high kicks that she learned in her one month of karate at my face. But her diabetic sugar highs are a real nightmare. It starts with giggling and slowly devolves into maniacal cackling while running around, taking someones stuff, tossing shit, throwing herself against doors, etc. 

tumblr_mcfpfdALor1rjzx3do1_500.gifAnime-image-anime-36127418-500-281.gif

tumblr_n2lvt2dwk61tuqbquo4_400.gif

• Like 1

Wow.  That's quite the hostile environment you are in.  At lease you've got some back up here - even if it is virtual back up.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

That sounds pretty horrible, Sokkasm. Hope it gets better soon. *hug*

I don't think it's really your fault that someone else who does all the shopping doesn't get any healthy things. You might be better stocking up on reserves, as you said. 
Thought about what sort of healthy things you could stock up on? I like red lentils and frozen veggies. Red lentils are very carby, true, but there's more protein in there than usual carbs and throw a handful in a simmering pot for twenty minutes with some frozen onions, some vegetable stock, a glug of tabasco and some diced bell pepper, and you've got a pretty decent soup.

• Like 3

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

Wow.  That's quite the hostile environment you are in.  At lease you've got some back up here - even if it is virtual back up.  

Yep. It can get pretty weird. My mini-me compares it a more intense version of gossip girl. I've been avoiding that environment by hanging out on campus and surrounding myself with less hostile friends.  But when I'm home I just stay in my room. I don't have a reason to wander around the house since I've stocked up on snacks and drinks, plus the bathroom is two steps from my door. It give me extra time either finish homework, surf the net, or workout in my room or garage. 

200_s.gif

• Like 3

That sounds pretty horrible, Sokkasm. Hope it gets better soon. *hug*

I don't think it's really your fault that someone else who does all the shopping doesn't get any healthy things. You might be better stocking up on reserves, as you said. 
Thought about what sort of healthy things you could stock up on? I like red lentils and frozen veggies. Red lentils are very carby, true, but there's more protein in there than usual carbs and throw a handful in a simmering pot for twenty minutes with some frozen onions, some vegetable stock, a glug of tabasco and some diced bell pepper, and you've got a pretty decent soup.

Thanks for the recipe! I'll try it out and get some lentils on reserve. I'll be easier to stock up this summer since I'll be around more when my dad is off of work. He prefers it when someone else does the shopping since he busy working from home even when he gets off of work. I'm sure mini-me sis would enjoy the extra healthy stockage of food too. 

how-to-draw-miso-soup_1_000000011895_5.g

• Like 1

On the plus side I've maintained my goals with week. I started running again on the treadmill yesterday instead of using the bike since I wanted to push myself. I downloaded the couch to 10k app and started with week1day1. I only made it half way through the workout before I quit, which I shouldn't have done, but it had been a while since my heart had worked so hard and I had worked up such a sweat. 

tumblr_mm96ig69Cr1s4x9y1o1_1280.jpg

Today woke up early and did yoga. I love the zen feeling after getting a good stretch. Focusing on breathing and posture helps me clear my mind. It's just 30 minutes of personal time. Everyone was shocked that I was up at the same time they were. I went through my morning routine with a purpose and everyone seemed to keep their distance. Or they were busy getting ready too. 

161346838.jpg

I forgot to get outside yesterday though. It was cloudy and cold for being almost May and I had a lot of school work to do. Other than that I've gotten my daily firebending juice. 

fire_juice__by_tazonhuskeh-d4sxx2q.jpg

The phone reminders I set have been doing their job with helping me log in my food. I've got more school so it feels like part of my routine. 

All in all it's a lot better than last week. 

WEEK 2 RESULTS

running: 1/3

yoga :   0/3

tracking: 6/7

water: 5/7

TOTAL: C+

• Like 1

Woot.  Way to focus and turn things around.  

• Like 1

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Woot.  Way to focus and turn things around.  

I may have spoken to soon. I finished talking with my counselor a n hour ago to find that because of my gpa and number of credit hours I had accumulated, I can't go back to the college of business and am stuck with the major I'm in; multidisciplinary studies. Last semester I knew that I was in trouble because of my gpa so I had talked to every counselor and adviser I could to find a temporary major while I raised my grade. After going to the career center, an advisor told me to stick in the multidisciplinary studies since most people who go to her do. She said they all got their grade up and got out in no less than two semesters. The only thing she overlooked was the number of hours I had and because of that I'm stuck.

I don't know what to do this kind of degree. If I follow the degree plan I can graduate by fall 2016. I'm hesitant to continue since there are limited number of jobs for that degree, most of which I had never heard of or ever considered as an option. I don't know what to do anymore. I've been in college too long and I'm sick of it. I don't know to tell this to my parents now or what they'll think. This uncertainty is terrifying. I'm only putting this here because I don't know what else to do at this point in time. 

So you have too many to change majors?   I'm confused.  

All that uncertainty certainly adds stress.  Hugs to you.  

But what I've found, is in the long run, in most cases which major you had to get your degree is of little consequence.  You can typically go on to graduate school or into a career with something related.  I'm assuming you found some time to take some business classes along the way are would be just as qualified as someone who took it as a major?   I have no idea what multidisciplinary studies is.  Think of all the options you do have - I've never seen anyone hold anyone back from changing majors though it may extend the time you are there.  You could finish what you've got, take a break and get some job in the field you want and then return to school later if you find it necessary to advance or if you want to.  Most people I know found jobs that aren't even related to their major.  

Take a deep breath and go work out.  You'll feel better.  

• Like 2

Spoiler

Everything LadyShello said is true. It took me until my junior year to realize what I really wanted to do and by then I was too deep to even think of trying to switch majors. I just finished with my weird Environmental Analysis degree then worked my way into a job in Graphic Design.

Maybe you have enough business credits to declare yourself as a Multidisciplinary Major with a Minor or Concentration in Business. i know a lot of psychology majors working in business so I would think your Major would still be the foot in the door you need.

(((Hug)))

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

I had to declare a major in order to draw my GI Bill benefits.  So as an undergrad I was a:

Math Major/Physics Minor

Math Education Major/Physics Minor

Physics Major/Math Minor

English Major/History Minor

History and English Double Major

History Major/English Minor - Graduated 1 class shy of the double major, and I wasn't about to stick around another semester...

Then I decided I wanted to be an architect so I went to grad school and got a Master's in that. :D

The world is wide open, don't let an undergraduate degree concentration pigeonhole you.

• Like 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

First have the panic. Then once the panic settles and you can see clearly, it will be less terrifying.

Getting a college degree in a particular major is wonderful. Getting a degree at all is fantastic. Graduate school is only interested in if you have a degree. The workforce is also largely only interested in do you have a degree in something. You can go a lot of directions with a multidisciplinary degree. You just have to decide what you want to do and work towards it once you get out. Get the degree finished up while you're looking at options. 

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Stats: STR 8 DEX 7 CON 7.9 STA 10 WIS 8 CHA 7.9

Daily Battle Log

1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th  | 7th Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

So you have too many to change majors?   I'm confused.  

All that uncertainty certainly adds stress.  Hugs to you.  

But what I've found, is in the long run, in most cases which major you had to get your degree is of little consequence.  You can typically go on to graduate school or into a career with something related.  I'm assuming you found some time to take some business classes along the way are would be just as qualified as someone who took it as a major?   I have no idea what multidisciplinary studies is.  Think of all the options you do have - I've never seen anyone hold anyone back from changing majors though it may extend the time you are there.  You could finish what you've got, take a break and get some job in the field you want and then return to school later if you find it necessary to advance or if you want to.  Most people I know found jobs that aren't even related to their major.  

Take a deep breath and go work out.  You'll feel better.  

Apparently if you have to many hours your stuck with whatever major you currently have, even if you have more hours for a completely different degree. The system is broken. eh, what can ya do?

tumblr_inline_mu3ka1rnzt1r94ttp.jpg

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of that somewhere along the lines. With what I've taken I know about business, how to communicate, and how society works (sociology) and therefore understand the diversity of people and how to approach these differences.  I'm glad all this time in college has taught me how to better sell/present myself in a professional manner. I most likely will try a job in banking like usaa since they are so large there are numerous and diverse amount of jobs available there and when the time comes I know that they'll help me with school later on if and when I want to advance in my career. Many of my professors have worked there for decades, retired, decided to teach at my school, and talk nothing but the best of their experience there. 

keep+calm.png

Everything LadyShello said is true. It took me until my junior year to realize what I really wanted to do and by then I was too deep to even think of trying to switch majors. I just finished with my weird Environmental Analysis degree then worked my way into a job in Graphic Design.

Maybe you have enough business credits to declare yourself as a Multidisciplinary Major with a Minor or Concentration in Business. i know a lot of psychology majors working in business so I would think your Major would still be the foot in the door you need.

(((Hug)))

Thanks!

No one really told me how complicated college would be. Everyone has been romanticizing the idea of going to college and focusing on getting there that once it happens have no clue where to go. Idk whether to stick with sociology, since I've taken two classes both of which I hated, or move to statistics since it would be closer to a business degree. (I have a professor going on about how there are a shortage of statistician in the work force.)

complicated.jpg

I had to declare a major in order to draw my GI Bill benefits.  So as an undergrad I was a:

Math Major/Physics Minor

Math Education Major/Physics Minor

Physics Major/Math Minor

English Major/History Minor

History and English Double Major

History Major/English Minor - Graduated 1 class shy of the double major, and I wasn't about to stick around another semester...

Then I decided I wanted to be an architect so I went to grad school and got a Master's in that. :D

The world is wide open, don't let an undergraduate degree concentration pigeonhole you.

I love those options/combo majors going on in that list. I'm gonna try my best to finish, get this degree, and move on to the next step. 

ComboCrew_logo1.png

First have the panic. Then once the panic settles and you can see clearly, it will be less terrifying.

Getting a college degree in a particular major is wonderful. Getting a degree at all is fantastic. Graduate school is only interested in if you have a degree. The workforce is also largely only interested in do you have a degree in something. You can go a lot of directions with a multidisciplinary degree. You just have to decide what you want to do and work towards it once you get out. Get the degree finished up while you're looking at options. 

Sorry, but panicking isn't really my thing. This kind of ordeal is feels normal to me. Once I realized what was going on I miiiight have panicked and shut down for about an hour tops, but I got right back to work.

robot-broken.jpg

After waking up in a hospital to find that I had gotten in a car accident three days previously, and realizing that I couldn't recall how I got the injuries - let alone what happened - nothing phases me anymore. I started panicking, but thought that there was no reason to since I couldn't remember the traumatic part, no one else was hurt, I was in stable condition, and would eventually leave said hospital I just let things happened as they happened and waited to get out. 

freezing3_3.jpg

I'll be glad to just finish my major. I hope no more hiccups happen along the way so I can get my degree, frame it, and cry over it like Jenna Marbles did with hers. 

jenna-marbles.gif

• Like 1

That romanticized ideal about college is how I ended up with a crap ton of student loans that I won't have paid off entirely until I practically retire..  :(

Spoiler

That romanticized ideal about college is how I ended up with a crap ton of student loans that I won't have paid off entirely until I practically retire..   :(

Yup. PhD now. On work contract after graduation until I'm 50. At least it's for a good cause... :/

• Like 1

3083948-7502879018-datab.jpg

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

3083948-7502879018-datab.jpg

(Yep. only those who subscribed get the pleasure of seeing that actual message. mwahaha....)

-------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering if anyone noticed that I hadn't posted in two weeks. guess not...

Someone call me out next time I "pull an Aang" and dissapear like that.

Now I have to go and pull a Lazarus and respawn or something like that, because (let's face it) I'm not anywhere where I wanted to be on my goals and not leveling up this challenge. 

Seriously, life is beating the shit out of me right now.

IMG_6559.GIF

• Like 1

Sorry about that accountadoodlybucket.  We let you down.  

giphy.gif

Glad you are back though.  You may not be where you wanted to be now but you have a week to try and regroup and get some of the habits back and have a good foundation for the next challenge.  

Spoiler

HelloAnybodyInThere.jpg

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

HelloAnybodyInThere.jpg

Officially calling you out! :). Hope you are ok. I'm a mom and we worry...

You caught me. I keep not posting on the forums. I kind of figured since this challenge is almost up why even bother posting? I've skipped out on most of my goals. After finals I stopped working out and tracking on MFP completely. the only thing I did accomplish was finishing the bonus challenge. I read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. 

ootp-wallpaper-harry-potter-121083_1024_

Another reason I stopped posting was that I was sulking. I was going to ask out this guy, but he got himself a girlfriend a day beforehand. None of my friends even know who she is. I'm just bummed that I had found someone I liked and had worked up the courage to do it. But let's face it. I guess I'm not the best gf material right now. I've been drowning myself in anime and youtube so far. 

large.jpg

And now I've got class starting up next week. I had to pay the rest of the tuition that the student loans wouldn't cover. And if I don't find a job within the next few weeks I won't have enough to pay for this summer semester or enroll for the fall. Plus I still haven't told my folks about being stuck in a different major. 

CJGX6.gif

Now that this challenge is over I can get a new start and find some easier habits to build. 

I think you should still give yourself credit for the work you put into this challenge, even if it's only half credit for some of the goals.  At least bump up some of your stats.

Don't stress yourself over the major issue.  Your diploma may list a major you no longer want but it sounds like your transcript will prove that you can declare a different major as well.  No one will ever ask to see your diploma.  My major in college was called Facilities Management Design and Environmental Analysis.  I really wanted to have a Graphics Arts degree so on my resume' I just listed it as Design and Environmental Analysis.  Not lying, just massaging it a bit :)  It worked and I had a career in computer graphics until I decided to switch to freelance writing.

Keeping fingers crossed for you on the job.  

I know a lot of people on the forums like to switch up their challenges and occasionally do a more personal-goals based challenge.  Maybe something like that will give you a nice break from all the air and fire bending :)  

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"