Sokkasm's Journey to Mastering Firebending

I agree with Lightning.  You get credit for something for the challenge.  You still have the opportunity to learn about your triggers and weaknesses and strengths.  There's always something to take with you to the next challenge.  Good luck job hunting.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

I think you should still give yourself credit for the work you put into this challenge, even if it's only half credit for some of the goals.  At least bump up some of your stats.

Don't stress yourself over the major issue.  Your diploma may list a major you no longer want but it sounds like your transcript will prove that you can declare a different major as well.  No one will ever ask to see your diploma.  My major in college was called Facilities Management Design and Environmental Analysis.  I really wanted to have a Graphics Arts degree so on my resume' I just listed it as Design and Environmental Analysis.  Not lying, just massaging it a bit :)  It worked and I had a career in computer graphics until I decided to switch to freelance writing.

Keeping fingers crossed for you on the job.  

I know a lot of people on the forums like to switch up their challenges and occasionally do a more personal-goals based challenge.  Maybe something like that will give you a nice break from all the air and fire bending :)

I agree with Lightning.  You get credit for something for the challenge.  You still have the opportunity to learn about your triggers and weaknesses and strengths.  There's always something to take with you to the next challenge.  Good luck job hunting.  

Thanks for the support! 

I'll tally things up and add the stat points.

tumblr_neg80zGChd1u17qyeo1_500.gif

It's not switching majors that worries me. It's telling my dad the truth and having the disappointment of being in college for five years with just an art degree to show for it. I know that it doesn't really matter in the real world, but the gossip and talk about my diploma is another thing. My folks love to talk about their friend's kids and how they went to college and either succeeded or failed miserably. And I don't want to be one of those fail stories for their friends to tell to their kids. (But it's a little too late at this point.)

maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks! I'm still applying for a job, but staying up-to-date with the family is taking time away from application time. At least with school starting back up I can spend the time on campus to get that done. 

giphy.gif

I think I'll take a more personal goal based challenge this time. I've had a lot of stress this past year and this summer is just the thing I need to reconnect with myself. I want this to be Korra themed. I feel like the first half of legend of korra season four: balance is a good start. I've got a lot of internal (and external) stress that's toxic to my life. I need someone to help me understand how to remove it like Toph taught Korra to bend it out. 

11-750x400.jpg

As for strengths and weaknesses I found that my main strength is helping others. I am an altruist. The drawback is that I forget to help myself. That is my weakness. I've done some research and soul searching and found my biggest trigger is that if something changes my view the world (e.g. degree change, bad relationship, etc.) I either ignore the existence of the problem or go into a selfish survival mode and close myself off for everything. This can be a big problem since I'm still transitioning into the adult world and my view is being challenged every week. This means that I close off a lot of important things like being on NF and remembering to stay with any healthy habit. 

hikikomori.png

No excuses. Sorry I haven't been catching up. You should give some credits to what you have done-- and come back stronger for next challenge. We're calling you out this time.

• Like 1

Ah, there is nothing like parental guilt. I'm 45 and still know how powerful that can be. I have a parent that turns all my accomplishments into hers somehow, like when I do good that seems to validate her. Then there is my Dad that always wanted to know why a 96 on a test wasn't a 100%. I love them both but screw that. My 72 year old MIL tried to forbid my 48'year old husband from getting a tattoo just yesterday. Told him he does get one he better make sure it doesn't show and that others won't be able to see it when she is out somewhere with him. Eventually you get to a place in life where it's easy to laugh this stuff off because it isn't really about you.

Bottom line, you will (eventually) finish college and lots of people don't do that. Get the conversation over with and know that it isn't your job to give your parents something to brag about. Do your best, admit mistakes, learn from them and then work on being badass :)

(Preachy rant is over now. Just hate to anyone down, especially when it seems like they have a lot to be up about.)

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

Looks like you got knocked down but are starting to get up again. This is a good thing. I hope things improve more.

Thanks!

I've started this nasty habit where I get knocked down a lot, but I'll get back up and hope for the best.

tumblr_mshmrjVhBP1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

No excuses. Sorry I haven't been catching up. You should give some credits to what you have done-- and come back stronger for next challenge. We're calling you out this time.

Ya. I'm giving myself some credit this time even if I didn't level up this time round. 

tumblr_mmjus1aBlp1qlsrn9o1_500.gif

Ah, there is nothing like parental guilt. I'm 45 and still know how powerful that can be. I have a parent that turns all my accomplishments into hers somehow, like when I do good that seems to validate her. Then there is my Dad that always wanted to know why a 96 on a test wasn't a 100%. I love them both but screw that. My 72 year old MIL tried to forbid my 48'year old husband from getting a tattoo just yesterday. Told him he does get one he better make sure it doesn't show and that others won't be able to see it when she is out somewhere with him. Eventually you get to a place in life where it's easy to laugh this stuff off because it isn't really about you.

Bottom line, you will (eventually) finish college and lots of people don't do that. Get the conversation over with and know that it isn't your job to give your parents something to brag about. Do your best, admit mistakes, learn from them and then work on being badass :)

(Preachy rant is over now. Just hate to bring anyone down, especially when it seems like they have a lot to be up about.)

Parental guilt is annoying and sometimes it can get just plain ridiculous. I'm hoping to get to that place in life where things like this is easier to laugh about, but that won't happen until I move out (eventually.)

tumblr_m6p4vyZKQ51qdwx9no1_500.gif

I know I'll finish college a lot three years sooner with the degree I'm stuck with over the one I want. Now isn't the best time to bring it up with both my sisters graduating. One moving to high school the other joining me in college. I'll tell them later in the summer once the post graduation hoop-la dies down a bit. 

tumblr_moo76xEdiB1rmehs0o1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_n7j5tifKAO1spjj6n.gif

• Like 1