Minis (Please Follow)

Teros

I'd like to do this but I find joining groups to be terrifying ... anybody else terrified of joining groups? We could form a group for people who are scared of groups.

• Like 6

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Here are some suggested groups for folks if you haven't found a group yet.

Remember, the 3 of each guild setup is no more.

group D

AprilMay

group F

Iyona (rgbb)

Chaos22

SlightlyAmused

crar4321

group J

carlajean42

Cheerful Dame 5k 

TripleBz

group L

IronChefEd

WritingWeaver

MariahSnow

IronChefEd

Group N

jdkc4d

LisaFrenche

AgentC

Teros and PArya haven't filled out what they want to work on so not sure there. Of course I just threw Teros' name up there without asking.   :playful:

• Like 3

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

I'd like to do this but I find joining groups to be terrifying ... anybody else terrified of joining groups? We could form a group for people who are scared of groups.

You can actually do that if you wanted to. It could be just about group dynamics and fears. a thought.

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

I have added my name and started a new group (since I didn't see one with similar goals and space for another adventurer).  I am working on exercise and diet. Looking forward to the challenge.

Wren, I just joined up with your group!  Let's have fun!

"I don't guarantee my voice - why would I?  But I promise to tell my story."

-- Johanna Gleason

Wren and CelebrateCeleste I just joined your group. I'm looking forward to this mini quest.

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

STR 2.5 | DEX 0 | STA 5.5 | CON 2.5 | WIS 4 | CHA 1

Challenge: 1, 2

Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the high road to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction.

~Margaret Thatcher

I am completely on board with this!

But then, could we also be afraid of like talking to people too? So there are just awkward posts and lots of liking?

• Like 3

I am completely on board with this!

But then, could we also be afraid of like talking to people too? So there are just awkward posts and lots of liking?

I'm game for it. Nothing wrong with awkward. I've been awkward for most of my life, so I'm really good at it! 

There, I started group P for anybody who wants to join a group for socially awkward people with any kind of goal, no questions asked. However, spreadsheets are a mystery to me so I don't know how to put that at the top of the column ... 

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

I'm game for it. Nothing wrong with awkward. I've been awkward for most of my life, so I'm really good at it! 

There, I started group P for anybody who wants to join a group for socially awkward people with any kind of goal, no questions asked. However, spreadsheets are a mystery to me so I don't know how to put that at the top of the column ... 

Fixed (Excel is my life).

• Like 1

Definitely!!! I've already been following your thread too. How did I miss you on the list?

I only just put myself on yesterday - was too busy on Monday for my usual ungodly amount of time browsing NF :P

• Like 1

Aquatic Elf

Level 2 | STR 0 | DEX 0.5 | STA 1.5 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 1

Challenges 1 2

Thanks Terianatum!  Works for me.  Hopefully jdkc4d and AgentC join me in this group and we come up with a better group name then "Group N". :) Agent C, I am using the C25k plan too!

• Like 1

Liser Frenche

Level 1 - STR : 1.3 | DEX : 1.5 | STA : 1.5 | CON : 1.5 | WIS : 0 | CHA : 0

Current Challenge  /Battle Log I   

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

MFP username: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/liserfrenche

"Strive for Progress, Not Perfection"

Thanks Terianatum!  Works for me.  Hopefully jdkc4d and AgentC join me in this group and we come up with a better group name then "Group N". :) Agent C, I am using the C25k plan too!

Yes, please do come up with something, anything is better than Team column you happen to be in! lo

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Okay, everyone. Let's get the Accountabilitibuddiies threads up.

This experience will give you a lot of practice on the site and how to communicate with each other in several ways.

You will become the Masters, I will remain the Servant.

wicked paraphrase of "The Police"

1.         Get one started for your group. If you would please start the title with A&S Mini that would be great so i can track you down easier! You can fill in the rest of the title however you please.

2.         When you get one started - share the link in each mini thread as needed to get your teammates joined in. If more than one is made for a group, just let me know and I will delete the extras.

3.         Make some decisions. What's the focus of your group? 1 goal, 3 goals, motivation, tracking, etc...

a.    How much info do you want to share? There doesn't have to be a rule here, but if you're feeling iffy about the content (TMI stuff) but want to talk about it, then use the Spoiler box so that folks know that going into that box means you have agreed to the risk. Some folks handle other people's stories just fine, some get triggered. SPECIALLY useful for the group working on awkwardness!

b.    How often do folks think they should post? Don't overdo it, this isn't your main challenge, but you'll want enough that the conversation stays fresh and everyone gets a chance to chat about their stuff and give responses as they can/want.

4.        Make a short post once a week onto the mini threads (a post for week 1 is NOT required). It can be the same for both threads.

5.         Be respectful to yourself and others.

Okay let's get this party to the next level.

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Thanks for the group suggestions!  I joined up with LiserFrenche since we're both working on the freggies goal and battling sugar monsters.  I hope jdkc4d and AgentC join, too!  Even though I don't have exercise goals now, I'm hoping to re-start C25K this summer.  

• Like 2

High Wood Elf - Level 2

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 1

Current Challenge:  2.2  Past Challenges:  2.1  1        A little about me . . .

329ee275c2d8b4598fd90c73b51106c4.jpg

One of my goals this go-round is to limit my time on NF... so I'm not jumping in with the groups.  Just wanted to cheer everyone on!

• Like 5

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes

These Rebels signed up but haven't gotten into a group yet. This is the last post for getting folks into groups. I want to move forward with the threads. If you know any peeps here, ask them if they still want in. They don't have to, just need to know, thanks.

IronChefEd

MariahSnow

PArya

carlajean42

AprilMay

AgentC

WritingWeaver

jdkc4d

SlightlyAmused

Sokkasm

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

It's really not that impressive - just lots of trial and error (and a little bit of financial motivation).

BTW, put myself in your group!

Yay, I'm in a group! We did it!

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

Added myself to Group R.  I'll get the Accountabilitibuddies thread going later if someone else doesn't start it first.

• Like 2

IronChefEd
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer | Subclass: Bard

[Level: 6 | STR: 33.7 | DEX: 7.7 | STA: 27.3 | CON: 27.9 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 15.5 ]

Current Challenge: 2016 is here!

24%
24%
Weight Loss Goal: 250 to 200

"No one will feed you as well as someone who loves you." -Alton Brown