Teros - XV - The Purge

Teros

Music makes all the difference.  Very few things have such a lasting impression.  You hear a song, and remember a place, or a mood, who you were with. It is pretty amazing how much music can impact us.

• Like 3

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%
  • Like 4

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

So it's been an amazing day, and Teros got to watch the weirdness that is two alpha chicks talking at pace without caring about who hears them.

It was pretty cool.

:)

Thats funny to hear about, because it wasn't me that had to watch!!! <g>

• Like 2

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Your face is a good face. Hope you are holding up ok :)

*whilst reading message*
0iMdCt79ybP6FcT.gif

Surprise, confusion, and a 'daww' from me.

Thankee, LL. :)

Since you told me the story of it, I really like it.

Music makes all the difference.  Very few things have such a lasting impression.  You hear a song, and remember a place, or a mood, who you were with. It is pretty amazing how much music can impact us.

It's weird to me that I can barely remember lyrics at all. I'm too into the tune of the song and I can listen to a song 20+ times but only pick up some of the words.

---

Beard Love

So, as you can see by the 'success teros' pic, my beard is getting pretty damn wild and I've been thinking of fixing it up.  Then I came down to VA for the second time. I have no idea what the deal is, but people LOVE my beard this trip.  As soon as I got off the train and was heading towards the bus station, I was just hanging out and waiting when two guys came up to me and told me that my beard was awesome. Cool
x23zH8P.png
Two days later, Heidi and I were walking out of a building and crossing the street when a woman was crossing the street the opposite way and complimented it.  It happened a day later, and then like two days ago. 4 beard compliments.

The thing is, I was debating on shaving it down a ton.  As per the 'success teros' pic, it's about 4 months long.  I was going for a yeard (grow a beard, untouched, for exactly one year) but I think that applies only to guys that kind of, like, can't grow beards.
f4072a23243777627af4028f3aff594a.jpg
I know three friends that want to grow facial hair. The longest any of them have 'lasted' is about a month and they had the amount of stubble that took me quite literally, about 3 days to grow.  For some, a yeard would be feasible if they were like my friends. However, given my testosterone levels, I'm pretty manly and this is looking totally out of control already.
ibvcYAwtCzCH1u.gif  (William Regal agrees and we all know that)

In one year, this thing will take over the world.
img_3543.jpg?w=1000

And yes, I actually have read a bunch of that book.  As amusing as it is; I have been labeled as the following in the past year or so by various people:

1) Hagrid
2) Bob Ross
3) Captain Caveman
4) Jerry Garcia
5) Mic Foley
6) Drawing a blank. Not Davey Crockett, but some big-bearded pioneer.

Now, don't get me wrong- none of those are bad. In fact; big, loveable, dependable, artistic, and tough as nails badasses fit pretty well.  It's just that I feel like it's time for a change and to clean things up.  If I had to pick a model look to go for, I'd prefer is to be more along the lines of King Leonidas and Khal Drogo.

1345762848_5719_17_8.jpg?itok=WBW5qrOL
+
Khal-Drogo-5.jpg
=
-Insert awesome new picture-

What's for certain is that I don't want to get rid of the beard, but instead take some....pride in it. Make sense?
manly-beards-28.jpg?w=500&h=625

I will say that it's been almost 3 years since I've had a haircut.  Actually, let me tell you my hair story.

Erm...maybe 6 or so years ago, I would get my hair cut at a barbershop. My mom and sister would get their hair done at a fancy shmancy salon by a guy named Eddie.  I don't recall what caused it, but I ended up having to go get my hair done with them. (maybe driving? cost? i don't remember).  Eddie was...flamboyant. I have nothing against sexual preference but his energy was just so high and bouncy that it made me feel uncomfortable. Also, Eddie would make a lot of sex jokes with my mom and that made me cringe on the inside of my body.  Then I found out what my sister was paying for a generic haircut: $45 bucks. Holy shit.  I got my hair cut every 2-3 months. That was insane.  No styling products. No fancy scissors or clips. Generic, run of the mill haircut was over 50 bucks (she tipped him).

I felt really awkward. I'm already Socially Awkward Penguin so the topics of discussion made me crawl out of my skin.  What was 100 times worse was Eddie would then love to yell and point out the fact that I felt awkward.

"TINA!  TINA!  LOOK AT MIKE'S FACE! ECK-ECK-ECK-ECK"  (He made a sort of coughing/choke noise for a laugh).

Hmmm....yeah, I hated every second of it and one day told everyone that I didn't want to go back.  At this point, I was using one of those beard/moustache trimmers and the lengths were pretty long so I figured I could just trim my hair that way. It was the same length all around so whatever. Also save people 50 damn bucks. That's nuts.

It worked for a few months. All I had to do was pop the length adjustment tab thingy off and wipe it down. Pop it back on and keep going. Make sure it was set to setting #20 and I'm good to go.  It became a once-a-month clean up for my head and beard.  Looking snazzy.

Then I was tired and did this.  I popped the tab off of the buzzer to clean it off. I was distracted by the tv. Then I went to continue buzzing the side of my head- right above my ear.

OH SH- !

I didn't put the tab back on. I shaved a huge stripe along my head.  I freaked the hell out. What am I supposed to do? This is obviously a screw up.  I figured that I could just wear a hat for a while until that spot grew in correctly.
71bed1fa-7b6e-4bdf-885e-aaf6d53fdc2e.gif

Didn't work. It was beyond odd that I just loved to wear my white baseball cap while eating dinner...

After 2-3 weeks of this, I gave up. I looked at myself in the mirror and wondered how bad it could look if I just trimmed the rest.

a90bb_a_560x375.jpg

I pulled a Shane.  I just got rid of all of it.  Liberating.  It felt AWESOME.  For a couple of years, I stuck with it.  Save 50 bucks from a haircut, save money from shampoo, conditioner, took 3 seconds to towel dry off, never a bad hair day or bedhead.  Beyond easy to deal with.  Plus the wind. If you've never been bald, the wind on your head feels amazing.

Then about 3.5 years ago, I noticed that all of my friends were bald. Two of the beard guys that I mentioned above were going really bald. My best friend was sporting a horseshoe and was buzzing his head. Meanwhile, I don't have a receding hairline or spotty bald spots.  Uniform fuzzyness.  I faced my mortality at this point.

"I probably only have a short time to grow any hair, so maybe I should be ballsy and go the opposite route- grow my head hair out and see where it goes." I told myself.

At that point, I knew my hair had a wave to it so I was hoping to grow it out and have it look a bit like Breakfast Club.

judd_nelson_2009_05_31.jpg

It took months and months. Oh my God, FOREVER for my hair to get to that length.  Once it was about Judd Nelson range, I realized something- my hair is....curly.  Not wavy. Not a bit of a bend. Full on Shirley Temple shit.

shirley-temple-young__140211120835.png
Pictured: Me

I wanted the Judd look. This is facking bullsheet.  What are my options?  I go to a saloon and find out about something called: Keratine treatments. It's a type of protein that they wash into your hair and it saturates the hair, making it ease up and go from curly to wavy, or wavy to straight.  As the woman was rubbing my head with both hands
ba_dum_tss_327-s398x343-249780.jpg

she told me about how keratine treatments work for 6-8 weeks with a heavy saturation. I had to not wash my hair for 3 days and then use a special sulfate-free shampoo.  Fine. I'll deal with the greasyness....for Judd.

Do you know how long this stuff lasted? Less than 2 weeks. LESS than 2 weeks.  Holy shit, my hair is somehow 4 times more rebellious than anyone else's hair.  My hair needs to be free.

My hair

Feeling really defeated, my next plan of attack was a ponytail. After all, how long could a ponytail take?

FOREVER.  When going from bald to ponytail, it takes forever and a day (or roughly two years).  So any horrible looking hairstyles as this mop grew out. It went from little fro-let. To big fro-let, to slight wave with Shirley curls on the bottoms, to that look that women that sleep with rollers in their hair look like if they want a flip do on the bottom.

Finally, FINALLY I could put my hair in a ponytail after about two solid years.  That takes some serious patience and dedication. I will not be denied- I WILL have a ponytail.

Meanwhile, me / my friends:
tumblr_inline_ndmbbjv4Vd1rksxnu.gif

And they were. They needed some peanut butter because they were SO jelly.

What is interesting about all this hair business is that when I finally decided to grow my hair out after my last head shave on Halloween 2012, a couple months later I found NF.  NF and my hair growth have been walking hand in sweaty hand.  As such, wanting to be a better person, be a different me, be someone else; my hair is tied to that concept along with NF and creating an ideal.

As such, I'm at a point where it feels almost sacreligious to try and tame thing. However, I feel that the time is right; but I need to seriously consider the plan of attack. I can't just grab a buzzer and think 'well I'll just fix here and here and here', then take a step back in the mirror and go, "Ugh, this SUCKS." Then I've just made a 2.5 year long mistake.  I have enough of a bushy wildness that it has created a nice hair-canvas of sorts.  I'm thinking along these lines:

-Shave the bottom 1 inch of the back of my head/neck line.

-Shave the hair connecting my beard and head hair. And yes, I have so much manly man hair that my head hair and beard hair have grown together. Directly below my ear is hair. More hair.  It's amazing that I can hear things at this rate because I'm pretty much wearing poofy earmuffs.  Or a basket of kittens on my head. Whatever visual seems cooler.

-Shave the neck and shave the cheek/right below my eye.  I have rogue bristly hairs that are centimeters south of my eye. 

-Beard trimmer the jawline

-Buzz/trim right above the ear to get rid of the wisps that are directly above my sideburn-area

-Leave the chin completely alone, but look into investing in something to tame it. Perhaps a product review or two in the future?

I think that's all I would need to do. Again, if I fuck up; I'm gonna look weird and lose a crapload of progress.  Yes, I'm nervous about doing this. Yes, I know I need to do this. Yes, I will do this and most likely upload before/after pics.

So that's the official 'everything about hair' post that I've been meaning to write. F*ck, this is a long post..
  • Like 9

Liked for the pug image. Also

Then I was tired and did this.  I popped the tab off of the buzzer to clean it off. I was distracted by the tv. Then I went to continue buzzing the side of my head- right above my ear.

OH SH- !

I didn't put the tab back on. I shaved a huge stripe along my head.  I freaked the hell out. What am I supposed to do? This is obviously a screw up. 

After 2-3 weeks of this, I gave up. I looked at myself in the mirror and wondered how bad it could look if I just trimmed the rest.

I feel you on that one. Happened to me twice and on both occasions it was "just a trim before going out". I ended up hastily shaving my head. With the same razors I used to shave my face. Ouch

• Like 3

6) Daniel Boone. :)

If you wear a plaid shirt, you'll get called Paul Bunyan.

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

• Like 3

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

I got tired of Jim's funky bald spot as I trimmed it, and talked him into shaving.

Just saying that. ..no real reason.

And, I know the hair issues. ..i had to cut years of crackled surgery damaged hair last year. ..and i hate this short hair! But I'm trying to keep this hair healthy so it can grow out again. It will tale 4 years to get back down to my waist. Why grow it out again?

The first cut was cute.

Then comes the problem of getting trims that I don't have to fix because of ignored callics and freaky curls. So, back to freedom for my hair!

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

I used to cut the mister's hair, and he started to get a bit of a receding hairline. The first time I buzzed his head on accident (same mistake you made) was the last time he had hair. 

I hear you on energetic hairdressers (and ridiculously tough to manage hair). I finally found a hairdresser that could deal with my difficult hair AND whose personality didn't make me insane... I hope she never leaves the business. 

I just spent 2 years growing my hair out, only to hack it all back off. It felt ah-mazing. It's just hair - it grows back. :) 

• Like 2

There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone.

Respawn. | #1 | Current Challenge.

I haven't trimmed my beard since the beginning of the year, and I am so jealous of yours.

Around my chin it looks fine, but the cheeks are so patchy.

And I look crap without it, so I am still looking for a girl who will appreciate it.

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

As a guy that started losing his hair at age 17. Yup, I was in grade 11 with a bald spot, I'm envious of how your hair grows buddy. I'm also one of those guys that even with a yeard, it would look like crap, so grow it whatever way you want, though I do think you would look cool with a Wolverine style (Hugh Jackman), you could pull it off.

• Like 4

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

I am having existential issues with the thought of you without the beard/mane. I would maybe get over it.

738988bb1ffe52d7bc760c428c57a24c.jpg

Or not...

If you truly find the need to shave something, leave the chin covered. Imagine the epic chin-only yeard that you could shame me with since I can't get my Stylinatrix to let me out of her chair without chopping off an inch or two every time.

667488.jpg

I would totally do this but my Stylinatrix said "no."
Also it would be a biennieard. Maybe a triennieard.
Also I am not shaving my head because I treasure each follicle at this age.

That pic would take you what... a week and a half?

• Like 3

Jedi Knight - Current ChallengeBattle Log - Epic Quest

i'd suggest 

-Shave the bottom 1 inch of the back of my head/neck line.

otherwise, keep it all

p.s. i vote for Paul Bunyan

• Like 2

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

• Like 7

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

that's a fantastic pick :)

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Love the photo!  As someone who has been buzzing his head since 2006, I am envious of your options.  The way I see it, easy maintenance is key.  But, you have to like what you have going on upstairs.  The cut an inch plan sounds like a good summer start.

• Like 1

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

Apparently Vivian decided that Teros should shave his chin and mustache - so he should look like Wolverine. :)

• Like 4

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

"Decided" as in "shaved him while he was asleep"?

Uh, no. As in told him what to do.

The thought of Vivian "fixing" our hair - nightmarish!

• Like 4

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

The thought of Vivian "fixing" our hair - nightmarish!

Kind of secretly hoping this happens now because I'm an evil bastard.

I'm also picturing Teros with a wolverine beard and reverse mohawk now (shaved down the center of his head, but the rest of his hair untouched)... because that's obviously the route this would take. And it's hilarious.

• Like 7

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

Apparently Vivian decided that Teros should shave his chin and mustache - so he should look like Wolverine. :)

I was gonna tell that story today, actually.

So last night Viv wanted to watch 'the game' with me. It's a series of 'Let's Play' on youtube for a game called: Afraid of Monsters. It's a halflife mod I believe.  When watching, she laughs at the monsters that attack the player. The person I watch is: 666TheHeartless666.  He's british and british people screamign in fear and yelling, "SOD OFF!" and "FOOF!" as their swears is more hilarious than it ought to be. Check him out - funny stuff.

Anyways, we've been watching the whole playthrough of this game together. I have my laptop on my right leg and Viv is curled up in a ball on my left leg - head under my chin, her ear on my heart, roughly.  We have the froggy fleece blanket on her.  She tugs at my chin hair and the convo goes like this:

Me: "Hey, Viv. Stop. That hurts. You can pet my chin instead if you have to be grabby."

*pets chin*

*Whisp of head hair falls in front of my eyes*

*viv grabs head hair*

Viv: "Move it!  Blow it away"

Me: "You're holding my hair down, I can't do anything."

Viv: *giggles*

Me: "I got a lot of hair. Crazy amount of poof right?"

Viv: "Yeeeeaaaahh!"

Me:  "Do you think I should get rid of any of it?"

Viv: "YES!"

Me: "Ok, super excited about that. What do you think I should get rid of? Head hair or beard hair?"

Viv: "Beard"  *tugs chin*

Me: "What should go?"

Viv:  "Mmm....." *Pokes mustache*  "THAT!"

Me: "That? Ok. anything else?"

Viv: "Hmmmm..." *pulls chin* "THIS!"

Me: "So my mustache and chin?  What? You want me to keep the sides out long and look like Wolverine or something."

Viv: "YES!"

*lays back down on my heart*

Me: "You're a good kid, Viv."

• Like 7