Teros - XV - The Purge

Teros

happy belated birthday bro

raw-recap-hogan-party.jpg

• Like 2

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Thanks for the b-day wishes.  *yawn*  It's what time? 10am?  Damnit.  This morning I went out with my ex at 4am to show her how to drive.  She has her driving test in about a month.  We tried parking in a huge empty Target parking lot.  She was doing fine but kept getting frustrated.  She needs to be more calm with herself.  There was a street-sweeper that kept doing donuts near us so we eventually left there and I did a practice run to get to The Learning Center in Providence.

After that, it was almost 6am and we were both starving so we went to a little coffee shop called Brewed Awakenings.  I'm told by my ex that because she got breakfast for us yesterday, that I had to pay today. Fair enough.

Pulled up and my ex ordered an egg sandwich on an everything bagel, with provolone, tomato, and bacon.  I just wanted a banana smoothie.  We go to the window and the girl says, "We don't have any bagels."

Well....why did I have to repeat the order 3 times just then?

My ex says to get it on a croissant instead.  I tell the window-girl.  She replies, "We don't have croissants either."  I go, "Well um, what bread products DO you have?"  She says, "....None."

4f71a5b48d4eb.png

Me, "Ok then uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh well I guess just the banana smoothie."  She leaves the window for about 3 minutes.  I'm a patient person so it didn't bother me, but I have no idea how they can stay in business with that kind of wait time at a drive-thru window.  It's a smoothie. Fruit and water, right? Maybe some yogurt or other dairy. How is this thing not made already since it was 3 minutes BEFORE I was told that sandwiches don't exist in this Orwellian world?

She comes back to the window and I get my banana smoothie. 8 bucks.  (Holy crap, seriously?) I give her my debit card and she leaves.  30 seconds later, she gives me the card back and says, "Our card readers aren't working. So like, maybe you have cash? If not then don't worry about it?"

My ex hands her a $20.  She leaves again.  She comes back again, with the $20 and goes, "Don't worry about it."

We leave.  What the hell just happened?

Side note- this is the same place that thought I wanted 8 banana smoothies.  I say to my ex, "See. I paid for breakfast." and sipped my free 8 dollar drink.

---

This reminds me of the pizza place near my house a couple years ago where we ordered a pizza with sausage and pepperoni and the guy on the phone said, "We don't have any meat."  What pizza place runs out of all meat? And what kind of coffee breakfast place doesn't have any type of bread products?  I'm gonna open up a BBQ shack that only uses crockpots and asian spices.  Brilliant strategy.  Future millionaire here.

pointing2self.jpg
  • Like 8

That was the most bizarre breakfast story in history.  But free smoothie is good smoothie!

• Like 4

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

O.M.G my birthday is May 1st too - happy birthday to US! I spent my birthday playing Talisman and having Braxton-Hicks contractions, and eating spaghetti bolognese, over at a friend's place. Didn't even have a cake! Though yesterday we went to see Age of Ultron and had a massive meal at the Pancake Parlour so that was more birthday-ey and similar to your celebration (there's not a lot of 'going out' options for me at the moment, I could literally go into labour any minute lol)

Anyway happy belated birthday, and yes that was a totally bizarre breakfast purchasing story. I haven't come across a food seller that incompetent in quite a while!

• Like 2

Valkyrie Assassin/Adventurer

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th

Hell, if that's what it takes to go into business, can I just fold my arms and *blink* and have the farm all set up and ready to go? You know it!

• Like 3

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

ron-paul-debate-o.gif

Thanks for the Birf-Dayz wishes.

---

Dr. Dr. Gimmie the news.

362102-sa_dr_eggman_02.jpg

I'm sick of getting stabbed.  So I needed to go to the Dr's office. I didn't want to. I didn't feel I had to. It was for school.  I needed to make sure my medical records are all signed.  Ya know, can't wander around campus and be giving everyone....whatever the hell I have.

Before I met up with the Dr,

Otto_Octavius_%28Earth-96283%29.jpg

I needed to have blood work done.  Okey dokey.  Monday I go to the clinic.

Now, I must mention that I hate needles. And eyeballs.  Needles are terrible. Things happening to eyeballs are terrible. Needles+eyeballs makes me want to claw my face off. No thanks.

I go into the clinic and I get stabbed. 3 or 4 vials of blood taken. Ugh. Whatever, worst is over.

Friday I go to the Dr and I bring the paperwork that needs to be signed.  The Dr tells me that they never got the bloodwork.

house-md-1024x768.jpg

So I'll need to get more blood taken.  Then the Dr mumbles something to the nurse and here comes a needle.  Tetanus shot in my left tricep.  Stings like a mofo but whatever, I've dealt with worse.

The Dr. then tells me that I never finished the Hep B series, so I'm getting a shot of HepA+HepB1.  Then in a month I'll need to get the HepB2 and a few months later, the HepB3.  For some reason the medical field loves to never finish this HepB business so this should be interesting.  I've gotten my HepB1 3 times now and Drs never schedule anything past that and between various Drs, they just smudge the facts and say that I'm fine.

Not this one.  This is the guy that scoffed at my sledgehammer stuff, told me about brain sugar, and who wasn't a fan of paleo....till I lost 60 pounds.  I thought he was an asshole. Then the next time I met him, he was my frigging best friend/cheerleader.  He was the guy that I told about getting rejected from school last year and he had a heart to heart with me.  He told me that I "have a very strong personality" that the school "couldn't handle".  When he was doing the routine physical months ago, he said that I had, "Very dense musculature".  That's Dr-speak for "jacked"...I think.

venture.jpg

Anyways, after telling me about the HepA+B1 situation, he tells me to bring some slip to my local pharmacy and they'll administer the shot.  *ugh* More shots.  The Dr also wanted a urinalysis, an eye test, and a ppt (I think it was ppt).  The ppt, whatever it's called, it another injection that you get and then a couple days later, they are able to "read" something.  I don't get it.

DoctorMontage.11.26.121.png

I take the slip and go to the pharmacy.  If keep track, I now was stabbed and had blood drawn on Monday, just got a Tetanus shot, and am about to get a Hepa+b shot.  I get my Heps shot and I'm supposed to come back in a month.

The next day, I'm supposed to get more blood taken because the Dr office never got my original bloodwork. Oh boy. Needle #4 approacheth...

i2NncpcC.jpeg

I hand the paperwork to the receptionist about how I needed the eye thing, ppt, pee in a cup, and more blood taken.  She tells me to sit down and she'll get the "administer".  K.

A blonde woman comes out to get me.  Now, funfact, I was told that the blood woman was going to be the raven-haired woman I saw yesterday with the Tetanus. Who is this lady?  I don't think much about it and follow the woman.  She pulls up my file- apparently it needs to get updated.  She then is reading the paper that was given to her and she starts rambling to herself about 'CRF'.  I don't know what that means.  She calls up someone on the phone and asks.  Then she leaves and talks to a receptionist.  Then comes back and asks me about the 'spinal fluid check'.

panic_cat.jpg

....what are you talking about...

I say, "Uh...no?  No spinal tap or whatever. I'm just supposed to get blood taken and pee in a cup."  She makes a confused face, looks at the paper again, and goes, "ok."  Stabbing commences. Another 3-4 vials.  How quickly does blood replenish because that's possibly 8 vials in less than a week.  I'm told by blonde that I need to come back in 3 days so they can talk about the results. Sure?

I go back this week.  I see the raven-haired woman from the tetanus shot and she talks to me.  She said she had no idea what the woman from the other hospital was doing.  The eye test and ppt weren't on the chart. She asks if I had the urinalysis yet.

tumblr_inline_mzipn64fqB1rx927l.gif

She leads me to the back into a room and I'm just waiting.  Then an asian woman I never saw shows up.  She tells me about the ppt/pee/eye stuff.  They got the bloodwork back and apparently, despite me having my measles, mumps, ruebella shot years ago (and the scar on my nose from chickenpox), the bloodwork was deemed as 'inconclusive' so I need a booster shot.  What does that mean?  What does it mean?

MOAR SHOTS

She asks which arm. I say the right, because my left arm has a hard lump and is in pain from the tetanus shot.  She says the MMR shot should be done at the pharmacy so I'll have to go back there. They do have the ppt though. Great. I get a shot of ppt.  Then the eyetest which took 30 seconds.  Then it's cup-peeing time.

The following might be TMI.  I'll skip a few lines. First, enjoy some kittens as a buffer.

267-fluffy_kitten.jpg

Yes, this is how I do spoilers. I just put pictures in between.

The asian nurse tells me that the urinalysis department is going to close in 15 minutes so I needed to go around the corner to the other office and get everything out.  Also, I wasn't aware I had to do this and I don't have to pee.  Time crunch. Don't have to but I gotta whizz. Gotcha.

I see yet another nurse and give her my paper.  I'm given a cup. I tell her, "Say uh, I don't really have to go. Could I have a bottle of water to, like, ya know, get things moving?"  No water but there is apple juice boxes.

Fucking Score.

f24fa60b735fa8160e9fbfaf248ee631cdc82729

There's nowhere to drink it so I suck down two tiny juice boxes in the stall that I'm in.  I jump up and down a little. Let's do this. I read the instructions taped to the wall. Ok, don't take a dump in the cup. Don't piss all over the cup.  Pee a bit before you pee inside the cup. Easy.  I feel like I have to do a bit of something.  I do.  Then it cup-holding time.

Here's the TMI part.  Ok look, I'm a hairy guy.  My knuckles have hair. Anyone that's seen me irl knows I'm part wookie.  My head hair and my beard hair are actually connected directly underneath my ear. I have too much hair.  So, naturally, I have too much hair everywhere else.

I get the cup ready and some stray...hair gets in the way.  I'll just say it instead of beating around the bush (oh god, the pun) - hair got in the way and I ended up pissing all over the goddamn toilet seat and the stupid cup.  I don't have time for this!  I was swearing and stopped but the damage was already done. It happens, I guess.  Had to grab a lot of paper towels to handle everything. But hey, the cup's full thank god.  She had gloves on when I came out of the room.  Maybe she heard me swearing as I was throwing out juice boxes and washing my hands.

The-Fluffy-kitten.jpg

End TMI.

Now it's time to get the stupid MMR shot at the pharmacy.  I head over there for more fucking needles.  The woman at the register said that my crap insurance doesn't cover the booster shot. However, if I talk with the Dr...

drmarioinsulin.jpg

...I might be able to have them order it and override the cost that way.  *Sigh*  I'm going to the Dr. tomorrow.

dr_pepper.jpg

---

Now here's the amusing part about all of this drama- my ex hates it.  When my ex went to the same Dr for the same thing, he just wrote it all off. He signed the papers, never even had her do bloodwork.  He scribbled on the notes for her.  Me though?  Me, well, he's gotta make sure I've got every single thing taken care of.  My ex something like, "At least the Dr gave a shit about you. You're like his best friend! Can't let Mike go without making sure he can see the blackboard clearly and is caught up on all his shots."

The reason for my ex hating him is because, not only this, but when she had bronhitus; for 15 minutes solid, this dr just talked about ME.  He talked about how I would 'persevere and get into school'. He "had faith in me".  I "have a bold personality that the school can't handle yet."  He's "proud of me."  Ect.

Meanwhile, my ex is coughing up a lung and waiting for him to prescribe some damn cough medicine.  He asked how I was doing. HE ASKED HOW I WAS DOING BEFORE ASKING HER.

When she needed the paperwork done, he didn't even check her ears/nose/throat.  Guess who got checked twice? Guess!

So....naturally....when I saw the Dr again,

I told him about how I got accepted into school.  And I told him about beating the spartan race.  I got a 2-handed handshake.  "I knew you would persevere!" "I never had any doubt in you." "They can see your passion shine through."  "You're going to make a great social worker."  "Congratulations. Seriously!"

I'm laughing just writing that.

I told my ex the following in a text. Her response, "I'm going to stab you in your sleep."

Me:

:D

• Like 10

Day late, dollar short, but happy belated birthday guy!!

d088b215530349bf586626a1c6a26af8.jpg

(I just realized I got married on your birthday...)

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: Keeps on Moving

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 62

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

that's one of the best stories i've heard man. 

excited-baby.gif

• Like 5

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Are you entirely certain this was a doctor's office and not a somewhat disorganized torture chamber?

"So did you torture the victim yet?"

"Yeah, I think ... no wait, did I? Well, better do it again just to be sure."

• Like 3

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Too funny! I bet it was a TB test they were talking about. Did they prick your arm and,then you have to go back for them to look at it?

Yup. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantoux_test

I couldn't remember the letters. It was the PPD test, also called this thing.

I went to the Dr's office today. I'll need to bring in paperwork, get an MMR shot, and then I'm done; at least for a few weeks when I get my HepB2.

My tetanus shot is finally not on fire and gigantic. Now it just feels like a marble in the middle of my tricep.  I've had an itch to do pushups so I'll be able to do those within a day or so.  Awesome.

Also, I'm looking to play a different videogame.  Again, it's an itch I've had but I'm not sure what.  What are any of you currently playing? Maybe I'll get some inspiration. (I like RPGs)

• Like 1

Also, I'm looking to play a different videogame.  Again, it's an itch I've had but I'm not sure what.  What are any of you currently playing? Maybe I'll get some inspiration. (I like RPGs)

Pillars of Eternity, if you liked the old Black Isle classic RPGs (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale etc)

The Witcher 1+2 if you haven't already played those

• Like 1

Sounds like you are all caught up on,your shots now and maybe can be walked off leash?

But who's going to pick up after him at the park? <g>

I still replay my Baldur's Gate games as well as the Neverwinter Night's series, Old school PC rpg.

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

It's like Hogwarts. The train comes and suddenly you're in a whole different world.

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

• Like 2

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

I haven't played anything in 3 weeks... kind of weird.  I have been playing WoW for 10 years and it is only the second time I have taken a real break.  Of course, I am doing cardio 5-7 days a week to fill the void.  I keep debating about a new game too.  If you find one you like, spread the word.

• Like 1

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

Beans for dinner?

That was 2 nights ago.

It's like Hogwarts. The train comes and suddenly you're in a whole different world.

We all know who I am.

ips7bXWu2gGQZ.gif

If you find one you like, spread the word.

Will do. I have a few ideas.

Hey, I haven't told you I love you this week! Hi bro! I love you!

Love you too. :love_heart:

• Like 6