The Wayfarer's Foothills: Rurik's Saga II

I am Rurik, and this is my tale.

9c3b185d4fc9c90dbd3f824aa0756a79.jpg

Main Quest is to participate in a Mud Hero run at the end of July, and that will be the end of Act I and the first boss battle of 2015.

Starting weight: 201.5 lbs.  Goal: 190 lbs by Challenge end or near enough to suffice.

Goal/Quest 1: Foraging to Survive, Part III: "Nature provides me all the nourishment I could ever require... I need only seek it out, and master it." (+3 CON)

• Eat Paleo 85% minimum.
  • Enter the world of meal preparation; prepare at minimum one meal per day in advance.

Goal/Quest 2: "I found myself among the Barbarian tribes of the North, and having much in common, we traded meat and mead and skills alike."  (+3 STR, +2 DEX)

• Practice one of two Crossfit skills per week (pull-ups or double unders).
  • Attend two Olympic Weightlifting classes before Challenge end.
  • Begin weekly running routine in preparation for Mud Hero.

Goal/Quest 3: "Home to me is the mountains, and the forests, and the crags, and all the rough places of the earth." (+4 STA)

• Bicycle rather than drive whenever possible.
  • One overnight camping microadventure.
  • Practice firestarting and other bushcraft.

Life Goal/Quest: "A Ranger lives simply, without clutter, and keeps ready his tent."  (+1 WIS, +1 CHA)

• I am going to tackle this same quest again with the intention of really buckling down on purging away the things I do not need in my life and amongst my belongings.  Keep the apartment tidy; one cleaning per work week.
  • Purge five items per work week (can be accomplished cumulatively if necessary).

Mini-Life Quest : "Trade amongst the Barbarian tribes is different than the 'civilized' folk of the south.  They treasure relics and artifacts, and take pride in their food and drink rather than the hollow comforts provided by gold, jewels, and baubles." (+1 CHA)

• Maintain my debt repayment schedule.
  • Any large scale items must be paid for in cash, saved paycheck to paycheck.

Achievement: I will be reexamining the topic of epithets this Challenge as one of my goals is to knock off "the Ranger" from my username for something more personalized.  Additionally May will be a three paycheck month and I will be celebrating both that and my weight loss by seeking out an entirely new (minimalist) wardrobe!

Motivation: I'm melting weight off and making great strides at the gym.  Now I need begin to specialize, embrace the warmer temperatures, and focus on some weaknesses that have popped up.  I'm stepping up what I've learned to really dial in my goals.  Mud Hero is getting closer and I'm moving into the crunch period of weight loss.  Time to narrow my mind and focus my willpower for another Nerd Fitness Challenge!

• Like 2

[Level ??] Half-Orc Witcher (Blood Hunter/Ranger)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Padded armor, Novigrad longsword, adventurer's pack & alchemy kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Love it! Mud runs are the best, and can't wait to hear where you go for your camping adventure. It's been less than a week since I stopped sleeping outside but I already miss my tent...

• Like 1

Multiclassed Knife Dancer [Warrior Monk Range-sassin and Druid-in-training]

"Tiny, but FIERCE!" -The Dresden Files

CHALLENGE FIVE HERE!

Spoiler

These are all old:

Challenges: 1 | 2 3 | 4 

Post-CNF2015 Battle Log

Say hi IRL: Instagram Facebook NF Profile

Good challenges again, build on the last one nicely.  Where are you thinking of going camping?  Photos for those of us who haven't yet visited Canadia please! ;)

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Popping in for some mid-week motivation.  Annihilated a WOD today; feel pretty pumped about my performance lately.  Just started a short six day stretch of days off so I'll be hitting the box up daily until I'm back and then, only for nights.  So it'll be a good week.  Just means I'll have to be especially diligent in meal prep to keep myself on task the whole stretch.

b0903c598ec02048a2e98eaf981471c4.jpg

• Like 1

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Starting weight: 201.5 lbs.  Goal: 190 lbs by Challenge end or near enough to suffice.

I am also trying to get under 190 by the end of the Challenge and then stabilize there.

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Right on, Sam.  I suspect my ideal body weight will end up being between 185 and 190 once I start to pack some proper muscularity on.  But that's only a guess based on the weights of hyper fit Crossfitters of similar height and build.

Hello there, Shadri!  This Challenge is going excellently and I'm glad that I've found the motivation to spend more time around the forums lately.  These 5 days I've had off so far have been exactly what I've needed to rest and recharge my batteries.  Today is my first rest day from the box (and yesterday was a huge 45minute burner of a WOD to fundraise for MS) and I definitely needed the breather. 

Back to working out tomorrow and I'm already looking forward to that.  Tomorrow is also my next weigh-in for the 10LBS/10 Weeks PvP Challenge and I'm hoping to roll in under 200LBS for the first time since middle school (or at least as early as I ever bothered to weigh myself).  I only have two night shifts to work this week and then I'm off for another set, and then another short week with a training day on my first day shift back, and then day shifts off the set after that.  So definitely a pleasant April-May to look forward to.

Also signed up for the Spartan Sprint and Mud Hero obstacle course races here today.  Definitely pumped!

• Like 1

The Spartan is 11 July and Mud Hero is two weeks later on the 25th.  It'll make for a busy July but damned if I'm not really looking forward to it!

Alright, folks.  It's been a great start to the Challenge and I've got lots to be excited about in the near future!

Week 1 Summary

Goal/Quest 1: Foraging to Survive, Part III: "Nature provides me all the nourishment I could ever require... I need only seek it out, and master it." (+3 CON)

• As I mentioned in the Introvert thread I was dragged to a games night with the girlfriend's friends.  Thankfully she was on point and had chopped veggies available for me to munch on while everyone stuffed their gobs with spinach and taco dips, chips, and other verboten offerings.  I enjoyed a solitary beer and sampled a tiny bite of each but mostly kept to my vegetables and salsa.
  • Although I'm nearing the end of my prepared meals at this point, I'll be stepping back into the kitchen tomorrow to prepare meals for my night shifts and have some meals available for the rest of the week.  It's been a great boon to have sweet potatoes, salad, and sources of protein available for whenever I'm hungry.

Goal/Quest 2: "I found myself among the Barbarian tribes of the North, and having much in common, we traded meat and mead and skills alike."  (+3 STR, +2 DEX)

• I've been getting my practice in every workout so far.  I've even managed to string together a few double-unders, even if they're spaced between singles.  Still, it's a start!
  • First Oly class attended on Saturday before the MS workout.  Definitely enjoyed the practice for and attention on my Snatch lift.
  • I haven't buckled down on my running prep for the Spartan/Mud Hero because we've had 400m+ runs in our warm ups and WODs lately.  But this week will definitely see me starting the C25K app.

Goal/Quest 3: "Home to me is the mountains, and the forests, and the crags, and all the rough places of the earth." (+4 STA)

• Bicycling is easy and has definitely been saving me bucks in the gas department, although admittedly I could bicycle more than I am yet.
  • Overnight camping microadventure scheduled, rain or shine, or Saturday the 25th.  After Action Review to come shortly after!

Life Goal/Quest: "A Ranger lives simply, without clutter, and keeps ready his tent."  (+1 WIS, +1 CHA)

• I could feel it, coming in the air tonight.  Motivation!  I cleaned the hell out of my bedroom, purged away both of my trinket boxes, and then went on to clear out my nightstand and kitchen drawers.  Only my single solitary closet to tackle and the bathroom.  After that it'll be a matter of getting rid of bigger things.

Mini-Life Quest : "Trade amongst the Barbarian tribes is different than the 'civilized' folk of the south.  They treasure relics and artifacts, and take pride in their food and drink rather than the hollow comforts provided by gold, jewels, and baubles." (+1 CHA)

• Unfortunately it has been an expensive week between paying for two different obstacle races this summer and other small things that stacked up but May is a triple paycheck month so that will set me right with my debt repayment.  No room for the burden of debt on a wanderer, right?  I also discovered $40 from my grandparents in my Christmas card while I was purging tonight, so that will go solely toward food and nothing frivolous.
  • I've started putting aside $10 per paycheck toward my dream Crossfit shorts so that I'll have enough to pick them up when I hit my waistline goal in a couple of months.

I've got to say that I'm enjoying having refound my love of the Rebellion and the Nerd Fitness forums in general, and that I'm really crushing this Challenge.  There's been some frustration lately over what feels like stalled progress around my midsection but the scale, fit of my pants, and my girlfriend's opinion all strongly correlate to suggest that I'm still nailing the weight loss game.  Right now I'm feeling like an unstoppable badass, but tomorrow is weigh-in day, so I'll see what happens!

FRQwZ.jpg

• Like 1

Weighed in at 199 today.  That's a pretty big deal because I've never been under 200 in all the years I've had a reason to weigh myself.  When I joined the Army in 2005 I was 100KG (around 220lbs) and definitely hadn't gained weight since high school.  So I likely haven't been under 200 since junior high.

Definitely a having a good day.  I just wish I could slip into bulk mode and start eating more.  Even one more meal a day would do great things for morale at this point!

• Like 5

It's still cold here, like winter's embrace refuses to give up hold on the crag where these stalwart folk have made their home.  Whether the early spring squalls may bring rainfall or snowfall no one can be certain; one can only tighten the cowl of your cloak against the chill and set about your duties despite it all.  The less than hospitable weather matches that of the landscape, and harkens to the perseverance one requires to make a living here, carving your life into the countryside like runes into a runestone.  I am glad for the forests here, and the modest protection from the elements provided by these stout and hardy hardwoods, and I can easily understand why the clans venerate the spirits of nature, and earth, sky, and fire.

Surviving here is difficult and in doing so you're forged anew into a harder substance.  There is a tenacious quality amongst the folk here, these Northmen who have welcomed me amongst their own, a sort of rugged individualism that begets a most reliable and stoic fortitude.  Still, there is an immense sense of gratitude for every new day.  A kind of gratitude that comes from earning your right to live another day rather than listing through life and wallowing in your circumstances.

Another week here ends, and I can feel myself hardening like the stone that make up the mountains, the same as these hardy Northmen who have eked out their existence upon the crags and within these northern forests.  There is much and more to learn here, and Lo, another week begins.

Week 2 Summary

• I broke down and enjoyed two donuts this week but otherwise was cheat free.  I don't find that I get many cravings of any sort now, but when I do they tend to be rather powerful, so it hardly cripples me to indulge once in a while.
  • Having prepared meals ready to go has definitely helped this past week.  I still like to prepare fresh meals whenever I can, especially when I have the time, but having something ready to go is really helpful because you never seem to know just when you'll end up busy.  That being said I need to work on having some vegetable stirfry or premade salads ready.  I find that I am coming up short in the vegetable serving department most days and make up for it by loading up the plate when I can.  Score: A.

• My double unders are still resisting me, refusing to string together more than a couple at a time before my form falls apart.  But I can feel my pullups slowly falling under my mastery!  I can reliably nail two solid dead hang pullups or string together four or five with flexed arms.  Score: A.
  • I didn't start the C25K app this week but I am planning to get out on the hill trails with my sister sometime this week for some trail running intervals in preparation for the Spartan and Mud Hero.
  • I still struggle with the community aspect of Crossfit sometimes.  There are introverts and extroverts, and there are anti-social introverts and amongst their numbers you will find me.  But I endure on and attempt to play nice and make friends.  But it's an awkward struggle some days, and I can see the divide between myself and the bonds between more social members, but I can't fault anyone for lack of attempting to include me.  I just naturally resist their efforts!

• I wanted to take a break from biking to work last week and almost did until I realized the day in question was Earth Day.  You can't very well take a break from the healthy and ecofriendly activity of biking to drive to work on Earth Day, now can you?  It also renewed my motivation to keep up with riding, and so I continue to bike.  Score: A.
  • My buddy cancelled our camping overnighter plans at the last minute, much to my eternal disappointment.  I almost went out alone but feared the boredom that would surely follow.  Postponed.

• Another highly successful week here.  I finished purging my bedroom and went to work on my closet.  Got rid of a lot of nicknacks, old magazines, and a ton of clothing that either no longer fits or is merely something I am not likely to wear again.  So off to the recycling depot and clothing donations.  All I have left is my living room and kitchen, with a small stop off in my medicine cabinet to sort through hygiene products and old medication.  Things are looking cleaner around here, but not quite the level of frugal minimalism I'm seeking.  It's a work in progress.  Score: A+.

• No update here because payday isn't until Friday, but I've stayed frugal and my only expenses have been groceries.  With all of the biking I have been doing I haven't even needed to gas up the truck, so that's an extra plus.
  • I'm still sitting on that $40 I found last week.  If I don't need to spend it for some reason, I'll set it aside with my Crossfit Shorts Fun.  Score: A.

RP is so much fun, and I always wanted to be an author, but another highly successful week.  These Challenges I've participated in so far have definitely helped me hone my willpower and discipline to commit to some lifestyle changes that definitely serve me better than my old habits.  I take a certain amount of joy from limiting myself through minimizing my purchasing and material goods, and confining myself to eating Paleo and avoid junk food is always a source of pride.  I've recently discovered a site called Eat to Perform that is mostly targetted toward Crossfitters with a mind to push themselves toward performance.  It emphasizes a much higher calorie and carbohydrate intake than the standard diet with the aim of building muscle and maximizing recovery after workouts.  So that is something I am considering alongside other supplements when I hit my fat loss goals this summer.

Tomorrow is weigh in day.  Onward and forward!

Aiy3G.jpg

• Like 3

Well Monday I forgot to weigh in until lunchtime and by then I had taken in 2L of water, a breakfast shake and mid-morning snack, and still managed to come in at 198.  So I tucked that in the back of my mind and remembered to weigh myself in properly yesterday before work, and Lo and behold!  I was somewhere between 196.5 and 197 so I'm calling myself a confident 197 at this point.

Last night was my long change from day shifts to night shifts so I had a pleasant break in the middle of my work week.  My sister ordered me to go on a 5K interval run with her to start training for the Spartan Sprint so she mapped out a run route and off we went.  It went well for the most part.  I needed far fewer breaks that she did which speaks well for my Crossfit-built endurance engine, but toward the end my right knee was taking a pounding from the impact on pavement.  I was uncomfortable enough to consider cancelling my evening Crossfit class, but I'm not really known for being a quitter lately, so I rangered on and headed off to class.

I nailed some quality deadlift reps and then moved on to the WOD.  1000m row, 100 double-unders, and 1000m run.  The row was easy, the double-unders were a mess because I'm still working on stringing them together, and the first 500m of the run were fine.  I could feel some impact soreness in my knee still from the 5K but the last 500m were quite unpleasant.  My breathing and endurance were adequate but the impact jolting in my knee was starting to do me in.  I managed to catch up and pass the next runner in front of me which pleased me, but I'm still a bit sore and banged-about today.  Not unmanageable but I'm seriously considering taking an extra rest day and possibly the night off work for recovery today; the only unfortunate part of which is the fact that today's WOD has rope climbs and I really look forward to working on those!

Jason Khalipa talks about treating your body like a Ferrari and compares high level Crossfit athletes to high performance cars.

Apparently I've been treating my body like somebody's old Jeep and banging it up on some backwoods trails.

wow_dead.jpg

• Like 1

Well Monday I forgot to weigh in until lunchtime and by then I had taken in 2L of water, a breakfast shake and mid-morning snack, and still managed to come in at 198.  So I tucked that in the back of my mind and remembered to weigh myself in properly yesterday before work, and Lo and behold!  I was somewhere between 196.5 and 197 so I'm calling myself a confident 197 at this point.

Last night was my long change from day shifts to night shifts so I had a pleasant break in the middle of my work week.  My sister ordered me to go on a 5K interval run with her to start training for the Spartan Sprint so she mapped out a run route and off we went.  It went well for the most part.  I needed far fewer breaks that she did which speaks well for my Crossfit-built endurance engine, but toward the end my right knee was taking a pounding from the impact on pavement.  I was uncomfortable enough to consider cancelling my evening Crossfit class, but I'm not really known for being a quitter lately, so I rangered on and headed off to class.

I nailed some quality deadlift reps and then moved on to the WOD.  1000m row, 100 double-unders, and 1000m run.  The row was easy, the double-unders were a mess because I'm still working on stringing them together, and the first 500m of the run were fine.  I could feel some impact soreness in my knee still from the 5K but the last 500m were quite unpleasant.  My breathing and endurance were adequate but the impact jolting in my knee was starting to do me in.  I managed to catch up and pass the next runner in front of me which pleased me, but I'm still a bit sore and banged-about today.  Not unmanageable but I'm seriously considering taking an extra rest day and possibly the night off work for recovery today; the only unfortunate part of which is the fact that today's WOD has rope climbs and I really look forward to working on those!

Jason Khalipa talks about treating your body like a Ferrari and compares high level Crossfit athletes to high performance cars.

Apparently I've been treating my body like somebody's old Jeep and banging it up on some backwoods trails.

wow_dead.jpg

Pavement running is my least favorite thing to do. I am going to be a Sad Man when everything is covered in ice and snow next winter. Or I'm going to learn to suck it up and become a winter runner. I predict sadness.

Rope climbing is actually pretty fun. Learning the technique is frustrating at first but when you finally nail it, you're going to want to show everyone because BEHOLD, I AM CLIMBING A ROPE!

An while I have an affinity for the Jeep and banging around the backwoods sounds like fun, here's to tuning up the Sports Car.

Jedi Knight - Current ChallengeBattle Log - Epic Quest

Does he compare high-level powerlifters to tractors?

Rope climbing is actually pretty fun. Learning the technique is frustrating at first but when you finally nail it, you're going to want to show everyone because BEHOLD, I AM CLIMBING A ROPE!

I did not even know there was a technique to climbing a rope.  I have probably been doing it wrong all my life.

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Allow me to present a dramatization of my feelings on the topic...

How I feel:

beatxj2.jpg

How I want to feel:

d884c53e584178eed81e63616f8153f5.jpg

• Like 2

Probably not "wrong". Maybe harder than it has to be. I found the J technique to be the easiest to use myself.

I've only just started learning rope climbs at the box using the J technique.  I haven't been on a rope since leaving the army in 2009 and back then we mostly depended on upper body strength and clutching your feet together as per the 'traditional' rope climbing dogma.

It has definitely been a game changer for me, that's for sure!

Games2012_RichFroning_Rope.jpg?itok=ROiR

There was a fever pitch to the camp as tents were collapsed and the fire doused.  As in everything, these hardy Northerners tackled the most common of tasks with the same single-minded determination and focus as they prepared for battle, as they surely were now.  Participating in the hunt was of as much paramount importance here as enduring the far too common raids from rival tribes.  I secured my bedroll alongside my quiver on my back and tugged my cloak over my shoulders, leaving the cowl loose to keep my vision adroit and free.

Each member of the hunting party knew his or her place, and I took to the task of lead scout with fervor and enthusiasm.  I knew it was a great honor to be chosen to number amongst the hunters for the clan, and an even greater distinction to serve as the vanguard.  With silent hands I selected a black-shafted arrow from my quiver and laid it across my longbow, knocking the shaft against bowstring fingering the mark thoughtfully.  With the early morning shadows as my close friends and allies, I set out from the clearing that had been our campsite and trudged through the ground cover, careful to avoid exposed roots and the occasional loose stone.  My companions behind me, experienced hunters to a man, nonetheless made enough noise and ruckus to alert all the forest's game to our presence, but perhaps I was merely being too critical.

It was not a long march before I detected the first spoor suggesting the presence of our target.  The bark of a young sapling had been scoured off and fresh excrement was nearby the raw scraped tree.  I flexed the fingers in my bow-hand and focused my mind on scanning the long shadows thrown by the towering sentinels that commanded the forest canopy above.  The barest whisper of a breeze touched my face and I smiled, thankful to have my concerns for the wind's direction abated by our being downwind of the target.

A grunt altered me to halt my pace.  Ever so slowly I arched my head back to glance at the hunter behind me.  I followed her knife hand's gesture toward a clearing to my right, and witnessed one of the largest mountain stags I have ever seen to this day.  I stomached the blow to my pride at having missed our target's closeness.  I may be a fine tracker and scout, but every dog has its day, and today was not mine.  Still I was here for my bow as much as my ranger skills so I oriented my body toward the game and pulled the black-shafted arrow to my ear... my shoulder flexed as the full weight of the heavy draw came upon it... and my eyes followed along the arrow to a point just behind the proud beast's shoulder.

The goose-fletched shaft thrummed off the longbow and sounded a meaty thwack as it took the stag through the vitals.  It walked only a step or two before collapsing to its demise.  The same hunter who had discovered the fine beast clapped my shoulder and nodded.  She lead the hunting party toward the downed stag where others of the group set about the task of butchering and preparing our kill to be transported back to town.  Other among the party stared at me with appreciation and a general mood of delight and camaraderie over the hunt set over us all.  The leader of our party offered to quench my thirst with a dram of mead from the skin he carried.  "Ranger," he said with a deep, gravelly voice.  "Well done."  I nodded appreciatively and drank deeply, savoring the warming sensation as the alcohol burned its way down my throat to fill my belly.

I leaned on my bow, satisfied with my contribution to the welfare of the village I had come to consider the closest thing to home I had ever had.

Week 3 Summary

• I had two minor cheat nights this week.  Finally managed to hook up with my old partner from work for a couple of fancy beer and finished the night off with hot wings and a couple of 5 cent candies.  Last night I attended a Beer Tasting Festival with a buddy from work who is splitting with his wife.  Neither night got too carried away.  I'm much more about savoring my tasty adult beverages than I am about drunken revelry (although that has its place).
  • Crushing the meal prep.  Speaking of which, it's Sunday again... Score: A.

• More practice, little further progress.  I wanted to attempt kipping pullups yesterday but we ended up with two combined classes and there simply wasn't enough bar space.  Score: A.
  • No extra running this week because we had a couple of running WODs.  I hope my knee adjusts to the impact soon because I've been feeling like a gimp after these runs.

• Unfortunately no biking to work this past week.  I biked to work on my training day last Monday but had to get a ride home due to rain.  Drove back for the afternoon and then again on my night shift where rain looked likely (but didn't let loose).  Score: C.
  • I've been attempting to reschedule our overnighter microadventure but our schedules aren't seeming to line up.  This might have to be a solo quest!

• Purged some kitchen stuff and have managed to keep everything quite tidy.  It's Sunday so I'll do some dishes and whatnot today and carry on.  Only really have my books, DVDs, and bathroom left to go through.  Score: A.

• Payday was Friday.  My debt payment has been submitted and bills paid.  That's always a strange, melancholic feeling.  I love knowing my bills are paid off and my debt reduced but it's sad to see the dollars disappear from my account.  I wish real life money management was as simple as making gold in World of Warcraft.  Score: A+.

Sad to say that this week was actually one of the weakest I've had in Challenge history.  Not that I've outright failed any of my quests but I have neglected to keep to task as I had intended.  I realize now that turning would-be social events (my camping night) with friends into a quest was probably unwise due to the unreliability of other people, but I'll ranger on.  On another note I'm experiencing some anxiety over the pain in my knee from pavement running.  Unfortunately I'm a bit under the weather today (drowning in a sea of you mucus, you could even say) so I had to cancel my trail run with my sister for this afternoon.  So I'll have to reschedule that.  Hopefully there aren't any crazy running WODs this week and I can get a chance to get outdoors amongst the trees and beasts for a change.

Monday is usually weigh-in day but I was feeling skinny and hopped on the scale this morning.  196.  Definitely continuing to crawl toward my weigh loss goal at a steady 1.5-2lbs per week!

• Like 2