Wolf is Becoming the Queen of U's

Wolf

Hi fellow Druids!

During the last challenge I made a fundation of three good regulair habits; meditating every day, doing yoga at least three times a week, and writing through stuffs that is going on in my life. I'll keep doing this.

However, this challnge I'll be focusing new things. Unstuckifying things that correspond with my work-in-progress plan of 2015:

1) Avoiding evil gluten that is hiding bloody everywhere.

2) Finding new and old friends

3) Doing more of the things I love, but haven't done in ages because unlimited amounts of meh!.

4) Mapping other foods I must avoid for the time being, hoping to get them back into my life soon.

5) Making sure I get enough rest/sleep/down-time.

6) Practicing honesty, through nonvoilent communication.

7) Celebrating as many small wins as I possible can!

8) Working smarter, not more, with all-the-things-i-should-and-sometimes-love-doing

9) Exploring new things; food, interests, walks, games, gluten free beers and more.

10) And joining Nerdfitness, this time for real!

Unicycle:

I've got the most awsome boyfriend ever, Mr. Piouscat, and last year he gave me a unicycle. And I've not mastered it yet. No, I downright s*ck at it, because I've not put down the work. This have to change, spring is here and what is more awsome than riding a unicycle? B)

How: getting up on Lalaith (yes, that's her name) every single day (except from when I am

house sitting at the end of this challenge), and do what I can. This will earn me three sparklepoints (***)

Upside down:

This is to some degree a metaphor for doing new things and building habits. The 21th of April will mark the start of this year's Summer holiday (sometimes you just have to love the world of academia), which will mean a lot of time for trying new things and catching up with friends and family. This year has been crazy busy, so I've barely had time for people.

On the other hand I want to work with my inversions, yoga-wise. Because they are playful beasts in many ways, and bring new perspectives. I love handstands, headstands, shoulderstands and pretty much anything that turns the world (and it makes me clean the appartment more often, as breathing in piles of dust is slightly overrated).

Anyways, my goal is to master Flash Prep (one leg up) by the end of this challenge. This a-symetrical pose is a real challenge for balance, (upper-) body strenght and awareness.

AND I think working towards it will help my unicycling.

How: Adding (some kind of) inversion to all my yoga sessions. This might be playing with a handstand or simply doing a Dangling (standing forward fold) in a yin sequence.

Adding (at least) the flash prep hands to my "formal" three-times a week practice.

Working towards 90 sec. side planks on each side.

Doing all of these will add three sparke points (***) for each time practiced.

Ukulele: starts April 21.

The story of my beloved ukulele is pretty much the same as with the unicycle.

Seriously, picking it up every day (and make sure it at least stays tuned) does make a big difference.

Three sparkle points (***).

University: starts April 21.

Next year I'll start working on my MA theisis. And I need to re-take a class. This means that even though school is out, doesn't mean it's over. At least 10 min of dedicated work every day will do. This might mean brainstorming, writing emails to professors, banging head against the wall, or pondering about the inner workings of logistic regression. It's all good. Gives three sparkle points (***)

Underground: starts April 21.

I am a photographer (no, not my day job but never the less a photographer). And I love the darkroom, I love prints, I love printing! Both digital and the more old fashioned way. The darkroom fasilities of the Student Photography Club is under ground;)

Goal: Work with printing at least four days a week. Gives three sparke points (***) each for each day.

Bonus Any of the things from my past challenge gives one sparke point (*), e.g. meaning that a good yoga session will earn four points (****).

For clarification: My goals are pretty open, by any means, and are based around a minimum of requirement rather than reaching some maximum of perfection. This is mainly because of past experiences with goal setting, and by now I know what works (for me) and not:)

Right now I do yoga at home, sometimes guided by audio (soundcloud), video (mat2mat or youtube), making my own sequences or freeflow. Styles: strala, forrest and the occational yin

I'll do the calculations later for max/min grades etc later:) .

All kinds of encouragements, advices, cheering, smilies, likes, hugs and lurking are equally welcome .

– Including words (in any language) starting with the letter U (I'll start: underfundig , one of many Norwegian words for stange

Good luck everyone!

• Like 5

From the North, I am. Grammar applys here not.

Forest Elven Lightstalker Lv. 3

“Little by little, one travels farâ€.― J.R.R. Tolkien.

42%
42%

% of Available Sparklepoints Collected, Current Challenge

<p>

I love that you named your unicycle, play the ukelele, and use a sparkle point system. Sparkles make everything better!

And because sparkles are amazing, I did a long search via google translate to see if "sparkle" translated to a word starting with u-...and it does!

"ukucwazimula" which is sparkle in Zulu...according to google translate. Hopefully it doesn't mean something weird like smelly fish head. :\

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

MFP: kelliefications | battlelog | NF instagram

The NF Society

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

STR 2.25 DEX 2.25 STA 2.25 CON 4 WIS 7 CHA 10.25

campaign -  act iiiact iiact i

Hi Kellie! Ukucwazimula!

– I got to figure out how to pronounce that.

Sparkles does indeed make everything better, so collecting sparkle words might be an idea for the next challenge, or something....

Hopefully it doesn't mean something weird like smelly fish head. :\

If ukucwazimula means smelly fish head, then google image seach has got it wrong (it showed pictures of shiny things, and the likes), so I think we are safe :) Thank you for the new word!

hmmm... which words do have some of the qualities of sparkle? – and starts with u?

*running off to little known places in the interwebs to figure this out*

• Like 1

42%
42%

<p>

I name inanimate objects too!  I love it!

Best of luck to you for the challenge!  I'm excited to see how things go!  :frog:

• Like 1
Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Ubranitas!

- latin for the pleasantness, wit and marvel of city dwelling.

Progress report

Last week was going to be tough, I've known that since christmas. Oral exam/presentation on Monday, written examination on Thursday and handed in two long papers yesterday. And I planed for it, even got setting my goals here accordingly.

What I did not plan for however was getting glutended at my friends place the night before everything started (meaning Sunday). How it happened, or how in the universe she managed to "poison" my coffee, I've no idea. But it happened. And over night I was transformed from me, to a 80-year-old woman with rheumatoid arthritis and early dementia with non-excisting energy levels. Luckily the brainfog only lasted a day or two this time. So I didn't fail anything.

All I know for sure is that I didn't fail. I didn't fail. I didn't fail. (It only feels like I did, and that's totally understandable)

So what worked?

Yelling at the universe.

5-20 minutes of really gentle, awsome yoga when needing a break from work, lots of sleep, naps and rest. Remembering that I'd been studying, writing and thinking like crazy this semester, and that I actually love what I do.

7 x ***

Did get not spend too much time at the unibike though, but when I did manage to crawl up there it was fun. And a great way of getting out of my head:) 3 x ***

Meditating 7 x *

Yoga-no-matter-what 7x *

Writing through thoughta 2 x *

Eating strawberries, other kinds of fruit, fish and loads of veggies. Not too much coffee (yays! - but what is too much anyways....). And even though my inner vegeterian (she used to rule my eating habits) is quite upset by this; duck fat makes everything better.

Yay for unicycles and ukuleles!! Awesome goals!! 

Seriously how cool would it be to tell people you could ride a unicycle? I have no coordination, seriously I'm clumsy!!

GO you!

Thanks!:D Telling people you own a unicycle is actually no fun at all, so I lookforward to being able to ride it properly.

I name inanimate objects too!  I love it!

Best of luck to you for the challenge!  I'm excited to see how things go!  :frog:

Thanks! I forgot to tell that my ukulele is named Lynn (after Lynn Goldsmith, long story).

Unicycling? It's only a matter of time until ProtoJitters pops into this thread, then XD

Your goals look good. You'll be covered in sparkle points before you know it!

What's a word for sparkling that starts with U? ULTRA-SPARKLING?

ULTRA-SPARKLING for the wins! :D

Being covered in sparkle points was my secret plan, and now you've figured it all out... darn... I hope you are doing great!

Good luck with week 2 everyone! :D

• Like 1

42%
42%

<p>

What are sparkle points?  It sounds a lot more fun than normal methods of grading.

The thing is that I find normal grading unbelievable unhelpful, i.e. boring (possibly because I am still a student and grades are everywhere, and they are failing at motivating anyone to anything what so ever. People seem to be doing things out of pride, or grit, habit or whatever and the end grade is whatever according to the amount of work put into studying) and I wanted some sort of system that sounded fun and playful. So the sparkle system was born.

I've been meaning to put a describtion of it in the first post, but haven't gotten around doing so yet. So, put short: The main goal is to get as many sparkles ( * ) as possible. Meaning that if I do everything as prescribed I'll get a B. Any points above that threshold brings an A, and various amounts below the threshold gives C, D etc when translated into "normal" grades. However, I've not fine tuned the system for stats for the role playing character part just yet.

Bottom line is just that I wanted a system which made me smile, and not feel guilty, even if I failed getting everything right. Getting some sparkle points (even if they are just a tiny handful) is so much more enjoyable than getting an E or an F. And since I've already quit NF once, like three years ago, because of guilt, shame and failure I needed a fail- and guilt-free concept this time around.

Because this:

Sparkles make everything better!

I hope this was somewhat helpful:)

• Like 1

42%
42%

<p>

Ah, yeah, I don't really do the grading and roleplay aspects, especially when I keep falling on my face no matter how easy the challenge is.  (One challenge was mostly show up and makes posts about what I did that day.)  When I was doing chorewars, I was just checking off boxes and watching the score go up without any reference to what the score would be if I was doing enough.

As far as fitting sparklepoints into the NF leveling system, I'd say that doing everything prescribed means you can take the full allotted points, and anything above that means that your character gets a gear upgrade or vanity items.

• Like 1

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

The thing is that I find normal grading unbelievable unhelpful, i.e. boring (possibly because I am still a student and grades are everywhere, and they are failing at motivating anyone to anything what so ever. People seem to be doing things out of pride, or grit, habit or whatever and the end grade is whatever according to the amount of work put into studying) and I wanted some sort of system that sounded fun and playful. So the sparkle system was born.

Bottom line is just that I wanted a system which made me smile, and not feel guilty, even if I failed getting everything right. Getting some sparkle points (even if they are just a tiny handful) is so much more enjoyable than getting an E or an F. And since I've already quit NF once, like three years ago, because of guilt, shame and failure I needed a fail- and guilt-free concept this time around.

Mind. Blown. I can't believe I never clued in to this before now.

Maybe that's why I'm actually succeeding at my current challenge so far: NO GRADING SYSTEM! (Although in my cast it was because I was too lazy to make one up at the time.)

Having read this, the grading system can stay gone B) I'll have to figure out a more playful method of grading, but I might just steal the "sparkle points" concept from you because, based on my challenge theme and the character involved, sparkle points would be entirely accurate.

• Like 1

Ah, yeah, I don't really do the grading and roleplay aspects, especially when I keep falling on my face no matter how easy the challenge is.  (One challenge was mostly show up and makes posts about what I did that day.)  When I was doing chorewars, I was just checking off boxes and watching the score go up without any reference to what the score would be if I was doing enough.

As far as fitting sparklepoints into the NF leveling system, I'd say that doing everything prescribed means you can take the full allotted points, and anything above that means that your character gets a gear upgrade or vanity items.

:) even though I am sad for your falling-on-you-face experiences, I am kinda happy I am not the only one with a history of failing. Thanks for sharing! :)

(Anyways, the show-up-and-say-hi-kind-of-challenge sounds inspiring: basically the idea of a six-week diary. Nice!)

Thanks for the input on NF leveling system, I've not really bothered to figure out how it works these days yet. Because well, I tend to like sparke points better anyway...

I might just steal the "sparkle points" concept from you because, based on my challenge theme and the character involved, sparkle points would be entirely accurate.

Be my guest and sparkle as much as you would like! :D

Anyways, the importaint thing is doing the thing(s), not our choice of logging/grading system. Event though the latter keeps this forum alive:)

42%
42%

<p>

Sooo... what's up?

I need a new cutting board. And some probiotics and more sleep *sigh*.

With the challenge? - huh, just forgot about that. I am just sitting here drinking my morning coffee.

The physical (and social) aspect of this week (this far) have been tough because of [not feeling well]

But I've got blisters on my fingers from ukuleleplaying (SO happy this is not the first instrument I learn how to play, but like the 5th (only counting other musical instruments I master fairly well)). And right now blisters are great! – anyways, right now I am mostly doing scale and chord drills. So that when I find a song I like I'll be actually able to play it. Without too much fuzz. And I've actually started practicing ear training again. Thank goodness, I never was as bad as I thought I was. And I've got high scores in various apps to prove it! (take that! long forgotten musical teachers of the past!).

The unicycle and I are still practicing indoors. Though I now see the possibility of progressing out in to the real world, which is a major step forward. And I've fallen off so many times, without hurting myself, that sitting on top of it is not by itself frightning anymore. (I've got a 26" bike from Only One, where the usual size for beginners is like 20". And yes, those inches makes a major difference :/ ).

Hopefully I'll be able to get to the darkroom today. I really miss the smell of fix and the magic of printing. The trouble is finding any decent images that deserve become larger ones.

Mr. Piouscat and I went and watched The Salt of the Earth, a documentary about Sebastião Salgado (very, very, very, very talented photographer), at the cinema the other day. Turns out the show was pre-premiere, with mainly photographers, art people, journalists and people from the Nobel Peace Prize Center among its audience. And Mangnum photographers.

The thing is, I always go into a kind of existencial crisis mode after dealing with really good photography and art stuffs. And the film alone would have triggered that all by itself. But all these amazing people? I don't even know how to explain this.

But from the outside, the story looks like this:

Wolf applyed to the schools she wanted to go to, and didn't get in. And she didn't try again. So, she ended up studying International Development Studies and Political Science in Norway's finest university. She'll probably get a desck job in some local administration on the country side, where they don't care so much about good grades. Preferably in the High North, where they are just thrilled getting any semi-qualified job applicants, who speak and write Norwegian, at all.

But the real tale is more like this (trigger warning):

Wolf did her best to stay alive. Seeing things from a now wiser perspective, she didn't always make the best of choices. But she did the best she could have done given the rescources available to her at the time. Her main focus was on survival, and sometimes even that was too much. Her second priority was not to dissapoint other people. No, let me switch those. Her main focus was not to dissapoint other people, her second priority was staying alive (being dead would clearly dissapoint other people, right?)... So doing the things she loved, the things every cell in her body yearned doing, became over time simply impossible. There wasn't enough energy left. And no support system to rely on (see point number " do not dissapoint other people").

So no art school, no photojournalism, no creating things of marvel and love. However, showing up in class and writing the occational essay was at least doable. Sometimes.

What did Wolf learn form this? 1. sometimes life is really, really, really hard. 2. not dissapointing people is highly over-rated.

So when I have to deal with [things] that has very much to do with the [things] I love, yearn and breathe my mind (and body) goes into this tail-spin of "my life is useless, and this is not where I was going to be, this is not the life I want, I really, really hate this, AND WHO AM I TO THINK THAT I AM ABLE TO FIX THIS NOW? it's bloody impossible, so, I don't deserve to live".

And I cry, a lot. For the girl who had dreams higher than the sky, and even once knew how to reach them. She's had some really tough years.

Which is why I've not selected which negatives to print yet.

Anyways, the movie (Salt of the Earth) is beautifully crafted. I'll recomend it to anyone who's the slightliest interest in any of these:

a) social issues

b ) photography

c) movies

d) sound tracks

e) aesthetics

f) art

Meditation practice is still ok. Even though I am getting lazyer, and not doing stright zazen anymore (I sit too much already, and then sit for like 10 more minutes, just to meditate? No, way!)

Writng stuffs is doing okay, even though it might create collateral damage (like, if anyone reads this post) .

As for the university? I actually know what my master theisis is goint to focus on. Broadly speaking. And what I am going to do with the class I failed. BIG RELIEF x2 :)

Anyways, hoping everyone is having a good week! :D

42%
42%

<p>

Ok if you don't mind I will follow your challenge because, well, it's ultimement awesome ! (not sure that adjective actually exists in the french dictionnary but oh well, we french people don't really care). Plus, I rarely see any fellow europeans here in Nerd Fitness so it's always good to see :tongue:

==> YES ! I am a student too and I completely agree with you. I very much like your system and I'll probably try to come up with something that I like too in my next challenge.

The thing is, I always go into a kind of existencial crisis mode after dealing with really good photography and art stuffs. And the film alone would have triggered that all by itself. But all these amazing people? I don't even know how to explain this.

So when I have to deal with [things] that has very much to do with the [things] I love, yearn and breathe my mind (and body) goes into this tail-spin of "my life is useless, and this is not where I was going to be, this is not the life I want, I really, really hate this, AND WHO AM I TO THINK THAT I AM ABLE TO FIX THIS NOW? it's bloody impossible, so, I don't deserve to live".

And I cry, a lot. For the girl who had dreams higher than the sky, and even once knew how to reach them. She's had some really tough years.

I don't know your story, but it's okay to have these breakdowns sometimes. Would life be interesting if we never questioned our choices ? Especially in our society, I mean everyone expects you to get a job to sustain your future life and if you just try to follow your dreams very few actually understand. I'm studying business and it's not because it's my dream haha.

Besides, I've read all your posts in your current challenge, and from reading them you seem like a strong, very motivated and unique person who has awesome goals ! Don't give up on life, you still have time to change !

Otherwise, I really like your challenges. You actually inspire me to do better on mine haha, which is nice ! I'm definitly gonna catch up on your thread ;)

Cheers :star:

• Like 1

Little Owl's First Challenge
"It's funny how day by day, nothing changes. But when you look back, everything is different."

Last week was covered in crazy hard stuffs. I could stop writing right here, and it would have been all you ever needed to know.

However:

Unicycling: 5x***

Ukulele: 5x***

Picturestuffs: 3x***

Yoga: 6x****

MA: 4x***

Mediation: 3x*

Writing: 4x*

- I guess it could have been a lot worse goal wise :)

42%
42%

<p>

Ok if you don't mind I will follow your challenge because, well, it's ultimement awesome ! (not sure that adjective actually exists in the french dictionnary but oh well, we french people don't really care). Plus, I rarely see any fellow europeans here in Nerd Fitness so it's always good to see :tongue:

==> YES ! I am a student too and I completely agree with you. I very much like your system and I'll probably try to come up with something that I like too in my next challenge.

I don't know your story, but it's okay to have these breakdowns sometimes. Would life be interesting if we never questioned our choices ? Especially in our society, I mean everyone expects you to get a job to sustain your future life and if you just try to follow your dreams very few actually understand. I'm studying business and it's not because it's my dream haha.

Besides, I've read all your posts in your current challenge, and from reading them you seem like a strong, very motivated and unique person who has awesome goals ! Don't give up on life, you still have time to change !

Otherwise, I really like your challenges. You actually inspire me to do better on mine haha, which is nice ! I'm definitly gonna catch up on your thread ;)

Cheers :star:

First off, I have a confession to make: I read your comment last week, like the day after [the universe] temporary fell apart. And it made everything a bit better. Thank you. 

:)

Yay! More Europeans! :D Where in France are you from?

And seriously, buiness school? Creds! :encouragement:

- I never could have done that (and lived to tell the tale).

42%
42%

<p>

Wow... Looks like yet another week has passed. How did that happen? I dunno. But here we are anyhow.

Last week I learned a lot of things, and did a bunch of things I've not really done before. It was good, and sometimes even fun:D

First of all, the challenge progress report:

Unicycle: I still suck. Even though a lot less than when the challenge started. Practiced most days, but not all: 4x (***)

Ukulele: Same as above, really. 4x (***).

University: This one is really hard, because I am so scared of messing things up even more. So it's really easy for me to head stright into avoidance mode, instead of doing things. BUT I managed get a couple of misunderstandings with the administration sorted out, and sorta know how to do a lot of the things I am currently avoiding. I do actually know how to do them, and presicly what to do. Which mean they are really half-way sorted out, at least in my mind, which should make them all slightly less overwhelming in the future.

Which will make them less overwhelming, I am sure of it! :D

Underground: Does discussing printmaking, art theory, art eduacation and modern "factory" art at a party with a real, working photographer count?

A bit. At least since I got to do some real brain picking. And I've started blogging again, and that means that I am actually thinking in prints and projects, not just shoulds. It could have been worse. So I'll award myself 1x (***) for that.

Upside down: This is the fun part. Never mind Flash Prep which sometimes is easypeasy and other days simply impossible. I guess my body will let me stabilize at doable soon, as long as I manage to stay well and injure-free and all that jazz 5x(***) :D 

Anyways, I've been hanging out with people[/ı] :D - and got even more joyous events schedueled. For instance my cousin and I decided to celelebrate our birthdays together. So I will actually have a birthday party for the first time in a decade! :D Yes, I am silly excited over this. And proud of it :pirate:

So, what else?

Last week I got out of town to visit a friend. She's a exercise junkie and has this fancy gym membership where she can bring people for free every once in a while. So, I got two yoga classes and one core strength class for free:D

First major issue: what am I supposed to wear?

Second major issue: will I survive?

:unsure:

I got the first one figured out quite fast, but the second question was impossible to answer until it was all done.

I knew I could manage any one of them, as a one time thing. But all three? You've got to be kidding me...

But after some odd 24 hours after I left home all I could think was: 

:o Hey, wait?!? I am NOT in as bad shape as I thought I was!?!?!?!?!! :o

It wasn't a breeze, but actually not bad at all. And I did. Not. Struggle. Not even while doing core stuffs with weights (WEIGHTS?!?!?!?). 

And it was fun with awsome atmospheres in all classes.

What had really worried me for a while is my form, as indoing yoga poses, as I have not been in a class with a flesh and blood teacher for ages. But there I was, getting praise for my downward dog. So I must be doing something [notwrong].

My general take from this: Forrest Yoga is pretty badass. When googling this kind of yoga my statment seems pretty obvious, but it's not given that the style works even for people who are not already somewhat superhuman. It is not obvious that it works. The practice is hard. And most of the time I feel too weak and like I am not getting any real physical progress whatsoever. But after dipping my toes into the real world (and surviving), I guess I see things differently. At least for now. 

I never thought I was prepared for doing something like tagging along with my exercise junkie friend. And would live to tell the tale (on top of that not being sore for a week).

Wow. I like this kind of surprises!:D

Note to self: My meditation practice has suffered greatly. Need to figure out a way of fixing this, without feeling guilty about anything (including meditating wrong).

42%
42%

<p>

What a week! Goodness, what a week.

Ukulele and unicycle: have gotten into apretty decent five times a week habit. Meaning that somedays are simly too lazy or too busy, so I simply forget.

So now I have a habit of playing ukulele and riding the unicycle. - which was what I really wanted. Doing it for the joy of it, not for the gritty "I have to master this, like yesterday"- attitude where I end up beating myself on the days where life gets in the way.

So 2x5x(***) :D

Upside down:

Yoga: skipped flash preping anything all week. Needed a break with more lovley dolphins, handstands and turbodogs. 6x (***) :D

- my wallet and I reasonly had a huge argument about prioritization. So for until the end of 2015 youtube, soundcloud and the free interwebs will be my to-go resources for yoga. Because right now I can't afford fancy yoga AND doing arts. And the art part is absolutly non-negotionable, even though I already keep it as cheap as possible. Always have.

AND I just celebrated Mr. Piouscat's birthday, my own birthday (first birthdayparty in a decade, HURRAH), my cousin's birthday and my country's birthday. That's A LOT of birthdays, people, cake, coffee and alchohol.

Prosecco and strawberries for breakfast anyone? :D

The weather was mostly not-that-nice but the food was great, most importantly I managed to (almost) not get sick. Yays!

This latter fact translates to everything is possible. - which is my favourite super-power ever.

Uni: Breakdowns and breakthroughs. It's spring, I always want to quit when it's spring (never has though). But I need a way of simplyfing a lot of things, and that on a deadline. Put short, I both been working and actively not working. Things will sort themselves out, but it'll take some more [banging head against wall].

On a side note, managed to somehow get into yoga nidra this week. For those moments when I really, really just needed a nap to start functioning again, but was way to wired up to actually sleep. Will explore more inthe future.

AND I've got a lot of useful intel about what my next challenge will be. And it has everything to do with sparks, umuligheter [impossible things] and underlag [foundations].

42%
42%

<p>

Uni: Breakdowns and breakthroughs. It's spring, I always want to quit when it's spring (never has though). But I need a way of simplyfing a lot of things, and that on a deadline. Put short, I both been working and actively not working. Things will sort themselves out, but it'll take some more [banging head against wall].

On a side note, managed to somehow get into yoga nidra this week. For those moments when I really, really just needed a nap to start functioning again, but was way to wired up to actually sleep. Will explore more inthe future.

AND I've got a lot of useful intel about what my next challenge will be. And it has everything to do with sparks, umuligheter [impossible things] and underlag [foundations].

I've noticed that I have an "off season" with writing, which I love to do.  I wish there was a NanoWrimo in March, because November is my quitting time. 

Want to hear more about your next challenge.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I kinda lost track over last week. But I do know I did like a bit of yoga everyday. So yays for that! 

Reviewing the past 6 weeks: the hard

• Not renewing my monthly public transportation card was a good wallet choice, but not a good choice as in the sense of getting things done that is not at home. Meaning that the goals of  print making (Underground) and schoolwork (University) suffered more than it should have because of bad weather and laziness. When it takes at least forty minutes of walking (in the rain) to get somewhere, and I don't have to do it, I simply stay put and dry. 
  • Being social = getting glutened. Need to find a way of making this not true.
  • I simply do not practice in front of others, preferably not even in hearing distance of others. This used to be a huge problem back in the day when I was studying music, and I hated knowing that everyone could hear all my mistakes. On the other hand I knew I was being silly, that it was a part of a pattern [social anxiety and being a perfectionist] and did not matter much. So I simply made myself play, and as a result was on the constant brink of a panic attack. These days however it simply manifests that there simply was no time for ukulele playing nor unicycling on weekends, because boyfriend was home. And May has a lot of holidays as well... So I guess I practiced over all like every other day or something, on average.
  • The week everything fell apart. It lead to a lot of diversion tactics, aka ways of coping with overwhelming pain and heartbreak. Ways of running away from myself, and still managing to somehow stay present. Staying present at running away, and noticing when I went all into my stuffs and started taking care of everyone but myself. I didn't manage to stop myself from doing so, but at least I recognized what was going on. So much pain, and perceptions of never being good enough, and never becoming good enough. Even though I know this is not the whole truth.
    I am still recovering.

Reviewing the past 6 weeks: the awesome 

• I am not afraid of my unicycle anymore!
  • I DID make some prints! AND some really good pictures that I am looking forward to printing.
  • Even though I kinda doubt I can pull it off right now (just got the flu :'( ) flash prep was conquered by the end of week three. At least on a good day... :)
  • The ukulele loves me, and perhaps I will be playing publicly at one point.
  • I can haz friends and birthday parties! Need to remind myself of this more often.
  • Leveled up my cake-making skills twice! 
  • I have a coffee grinder! As I am living in Norway's coffee capital one might say it was about time.
  • I do love Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. Possibly because I am Ravenclaw, can't help it.
  • Smaug! :D - and he's the cutest thing ever.
  • Finally I do know for sure I've watched all of Star Wars. And not fallen asleep at random places. Achievement unlocked. 
  • My good vs. bad day ratio has finally tipped in the right direction. Even though I sometimes doubt it, I do have more "good" than "bad" days now (whatever people might put into these labels vary) and there is a fair chance that will actually translate into getting more things done. Eventually. I just need to remember that "little by little one travels far" more often, which is one of the reasons I am here at NF.

How much sparkle?

*drumroll*

251 sparkle points collected!

:D :D :D

That's unbelievable!

42%
42%

<p>

I've noticed that I have an "off season" with writing, which I love to do.  I wish there was a NanoWrimo in March, because November is my quitting time. 

Want to hear more about your next challenge.

So glad I am not alone in this! 

On a side note; one could always do like a personal NoWriMo, perhaps with some friends (or others at NF even) to get that novel done. It's not the same as being a part of the Interweb's Writer's Club, but at least it might be fun. Or a way of preparing for a future NaNoWriMo :) 

42%
42%

<p>

Lessons learned and what to do next

We all take a lot of things for granted; gravity, tomorrow, air, the world order, walls, roads, relationships. Among other things. This challenge was written with that in mind, some things are fixed. The ground we walk on. The people I love. They are there. Except from when they're not.

So, when the rules change everything else change as well. And adding this to all the things that I was already working to change mixed things up a bit. Leaving me more vulnerable than I thought possible. Making old patterns and bad habits come to surface like never before. And seriously, I am the queen of self doubt and sabotage. No, I am very good at talking myself out of doing the right things, because I am scared to death of getting them wrong. And getting them wrong would ruin the universe, and that would be really really really bad. We all like the universe, right?

- which in sum means that even though I did a lot of what I set out to do in this challenge, it didn't happen under the right circumstances. And it still feels like a fail. Because I didn't sort out the two major issues which were Underground and University.

The rules of the universe did change. And I really couldn't have done anything else but not sorting them out. Trying to fix everything at once only makes heads explode, and I was quitting fixing things anyhow. So. I am stoping fixing things. And finding my way back in a universe with brand new rules (how can I bend them?). Now is the time of making my own.

For the next challenge I'll focus on two main things: foundation and simplicity. Doing the things that I already know work, in order to have enough energy and joysparks to do the impossible. - which is code, by the way.

Think, sit quietly, write, laugh, play. Those are the mission. The plan and the goal. What I'll do every day, in order to do other things as well. Those are the rules I'll live by, even when the universe breaks again.

Wish me luck!

42%
42%

<p>