Trewest's Tale of Woah

Trewest

Once in a lifetime there is born a great hero. Upon this soul lies the burden of prophecy and destiny; for before them lies the path to greatness and triumph. This tale before you is not about that great, destiny bearing soul. Instead it is about a much humbler, far more self-deprecating personage; one Trewest. Born to an unassuming accountant father and a dedicated housewife mother, Trewest first presented herself to the world with a knack for climbing things. In fact, the wee one started out life climbing before she could even crawl. Needless to say this led to many-a great bruises and fractured bones, long before it was common for a youngster to accumulate such trophies of exploration. As Trewest grew from shot to pint to full grown, her uninhibited nature led to a few memory making successes, but her joie de vivre was sorely tempered by a lengthy illness during her schooling years.

Life as a young adult first venturing out on her own resulted in heartbreak and merry making, graduation into success and succumbing to the drudgery of finding a job. However there was a bright light in the darkness of adulthood, her lonesome wandering would end when she found a love and partner to traverse the trials of life with her. Now in her first year of marriage, Trewest finds herself with renewed vigor to improve her wandering and wondering; aided and supported by her husband.

Her first task is to improve her base state, for one cannot wander if one cannot detach themselves from their couch. To this end she has determined to follow a routine of health and strength, moving her body around many fields of obstacles and weighted accoutrements; or else moving many weighted accouterments and obstacles around her body; whichever proves to be more likely. The first test for this occurs in August on the 15th day when she battles the gauntlet of the Tough Mudder, more trials of her vigor will occur on September 20th when her ability to complete a 5k in under 30 minutes is put to the test. The last gauge of her determination will occur in October, date unknown when she tries to prove her worth on the PARE and earn her entry into the ranks of the RCMP.

Not only does young Trewest seek to improve her skills physically, but her sense of wonder shall be challenged as well, for she has set herself a mighty task of improving her French language skills, while introducing herself to the Spanish tongue as well. Many a traveler has found themselves in dire straits for want of the ability to communicate and Trewest knows now to keep her head up and ears open for the chance to master the travelers’ tongues.

NOTE: I am a complete goober, but my posts are generally not going to be in story format because I want to keep an accurate track of my improvments. This is just for funsies.

• Like 6

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

So to make it more legible for me to refer to later, here are my goal break downs:

Goal 1: Workout 6x a week (STR, STA, DEX)

6 days= A  (STR+2, STA+2, DEX+1)

4-5 days= B (STR +1.5, STA +1.5, DEX + 1.0)

3-4 days= C (STR +1, STA +1, DEX +0.5)

>3 days= FAIL (0)

Goal 2: eat healthy, aiming for 80% Paleo (CON)

6 days eating well= A (CON +1.5)

5 days eating well= B (CON+1.)

4 days eating well= C (CON +0.5)

>4 days eating well= FAIL (0)

Goal 3: Practice French and Spanish at least 20 minutes a day (WIS, CHA)

6 days practice= A (WIS +2, CHA +2)

5 days practice= B (WIS + 1.5, CHA + 1.5)

4 days practice= C (WIS + 1, CHA + 1)

I'm also throwing in a personal challenge. I am NOT going to weigh myself for the whole challenge. I'm going to focus on progress pictures and measurements alone.

OBSTACLES:

April 10th- working the California Wine Fair, then getting free attendance (I am going to try and not make this a drunkfest. I really will. We shall see...)

April 14th-15th- Nightwish concert with husband, and brother-in-law

April 21st- One Republic Concert with husband

April 29th- Society of American Wine Tasting (may or may not attend, have to consult the hubster)

May 2nd- Party for my brother's b-day

• Like 6

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Awesome goals!!!

Nightwish is pretty cool! I love "outside the box" music! Metal is great, but sometimes you have to go for, "and now, for something completely different."

• Like 1

Level 1 Human Ranger

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."--John Wayne

Awesome goals!!!

Nightwish is pretty cool! I love "outside the box" music! Metal is great, but sometimes you have to go for, "and now, for something completely different."

I hadn't heard of them until my brother-in-law was like 'so I got us tickets and we're going'.

Can't argue with that! :D  I suspect the amount of dancing I WILL be doing during the concert is going to count towards cardio :P

Looks like a great challenge, subbed. And that tough mudders awesome. Always good to have something to train for.

This will be my 4th one, and I am looking forward to it. It's my yearly reward to myself for kicking some ass. I did my first one alone, the next 2 with my husband, and my brother, and this one I think will be with them again too. We shall see.

• Like 1

This will be my 4th one, and I am looking forward to it. It's my yearly reward to myself for kicking some ass. I did my first one alone, the next 2 with my husband, and my brother, and this one I think will be with them again too. We shall see.

That's awesome, I hope to do one in the future sometime. Need to get some running in first though.

That's awesome, I hope to do one in the future sometime. Need to get some running in first though.

I'm not fast, but my endurance is pretty excellent. A lot of the heavier, stronger guys struggle on the uphill parts and the length of it. Then again, a lot of the runners struggle on the strength obstacles so there's the rub. It's definitely an all over fitness experience. And mud, LOTS OF MUD

I'm not fast, but my endurance is pretty excellent. A lot of the heavier, stronger guys struggle on the uphill parts and the length of it. Then again, a lot of the runners struggle on the strength obstacles so there's the rub. It's definitely an all over fitness experience. And mud, LOTS OF MUD

Well I do like mud.....

Honestly I think it would just be the distance, I think I'd be fine with the obstacles with a little work.

Well I do like mud.....

Honestly I think it would just be the distance, I think I'd be fine with the obstacles with a little work.

You end up finding mud in the WEIRDEST of places for like...days afterwards too. Doesn't matter how carefully you wash either.

The best part is that some of the obstacles you simply cannot do on your own, you literally need help. And those are often the BEST ones, or at least my personal favourites :D

I did breakdowns on each of my Mudders, if you're interested in reading through them: Toronto 2012, Montreal 2013, Toronto 2014.

• Like 2

Good morning all!

April 08

5:20- coffee with cinnamon and milk

9:00- 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, 4 pieces of tomato, 1/2 cup of home fries, large chai

12:00- coffee, 3 cups of spinach and arugala salad, 4 celery sticks, 3 carrot sticks, 3 cucumber slices, 3 green olives, 4 slices deli chicken

14:15 WORKOUT

Cardio (I skipped the core work because I did so much the day before)

5 min bike warm up

30 min bike intervals. I used the cross country setting, put the resistance up and pedalled. Hit a few of the hardest points where I was pretty much using my whole freaking body to push. It felt awesome because I was doing my damndest to not slow down.

5 min cool down biking.

So on my way home from that I get a call from my husband. We've been invited, at the last minute, to attend a wine tasting at the American Embassy. Cue the flight of the bumblebees style montage of us running around to get ready and get there on time THROUGH RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC. We managed.

There was sparkling wine, 3 white wines, 5 red wines, almost no water available. Bread, cheese, and pate. Not anyone's idea of healthy. And after that, to try and help balance out the sheer amount of alcohol, the husband took us to Wendy's for baconators and frosties. Because I make bad life choices after that much wine and no water. Ah well. I got to bed after 11 pm. At 4:20 this morning, the fire alarm goes off in my building. FANTASTIC.

Tomorrow I work a wine show but I already have a game plan in place for that. I won't be making the same mistakes as I made last night, that's for sure :D

• Like 3

I'll give those posts a look :-). And as a brit I feel I miss out by having no access to a baconater lol

It's disgusting. I love it. Meat, bacon, cheese, bread, grease. Add in sea salted french fries that I dip into my chocolate frosty and oh god.....  Deliciousness all over. And so very bad for you. It's like 900 calories in one burger and it's all crap. Perfect drunk food.

Have fun reading the memoires. Be forewarned, I'm a gob and it comes through in my writing.

It's disgusting. I love it. Meat, bacon, cheese, bread, grease. Add in sea salted french fries that I dip into my chocolate frosty and oh god..... Deliciousness all over. And so very bad for you. It's like 900 calories in one burger and it's all crap. Perfect drunk food.

Have fun reading the memoires. Be forewarned, I'm a gob and it comes through in my writing.

That sounds like the perfect drunk burger. Though I still hold to a Geordie delight as the best drunk food overall ( think a kebab pizza)

That sounds like the perfect drunk burger. Though I still hold to a Geordie delight as the best drunk food overall ( think a kebab pizza)

It really is. That's why I know I had too much to drink last night. As I said, I make bad life choices after that much wine. Normally there's a lot more water available but at the embassy I can't just go wander to find a sink.

Kebab pizza.... pictures or description please. Just like, giant chunks of meat?

Hi, Trewest!  I found your thread through the Accountibilibuddies and made my comment there:  Canadian Sniper!  We're going to kick some alien butt!  I wonder if there is enough Canadian representation to justify our own squad.

Looking at your story - I was a climber as a kid.

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Workout 6x a week. Colour me impressed!

LOL, working out is never the problem for me. I like it and it he

Hi, Trewest!  I found your thread through the Accountibilibuddies and made my comment there:  Canadian Sniper!  We're going to kick some alien butt!  I wonder if there is enough Canadian representation to justify our own squad.

Looking at your story - I was a climber as a kid.

I love climbing. It's just so awesome to get a bird's eye view. And there are a few of us Canadians floating around. Even if we're transplanted somewhere else, we blend in. Like super secret agents.

Workout 6x a week. Colour me impressed!

Lol, thanks. Working out isn't hard for me, its always my nutrition that fails me. I like to feel badass, so fitness is mostly fun for me (DOMS sucks though. I need to sit down to pee and a good leg day makes me die for like 2 days later) but I have terrible eating habits. I skip meals, over eat, under eat, eat all the wrong things. And then there's the wine and beer. I am cutting all beer for the challenge, but since I am an active member in a wine tasting society I can't really cut that, just cut down on it.

• Like 1

And there are a few of us Canadians floating around. Even if we're transplanted somewhere else, we blend in. Like super secret agents.

We do blend in!  In the USA, they normally assume I am just from another part of the country - UNLESS - they actually spent a lot of time working with Canadians.  Then they can identify the accent.  North of the border - We identify an American as soon as he opens his or her mouth!  :lol:

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

We do blend in!  In the USA, they normally assume I am just from another part of the country - UNLESS - they actually spent a lot of time working with Canadians.  Then they can identify the accent.  North of the border - We identify an American as soon as he opens his or her mouth!   :lol:

Especially since a lot of Canadians tend to develop empathetic accents. It's an social evolutionary trait where we mimic the inflections and intonation of those around us. It puts them into a comfortable state and increases co-operation.

It really is. That's why I know I had too much to drink last night. As I said, I make bad life choices after that much wine. Normally there's a lot more water available but at the embassy I can't just go wander to find a sink.

Kebab pizza.... pictures or description please. Just like, giant chunks of meat?

A GEORDIE delight, fresh from Google.

http://s956.photobucket.com/user/thetapeworm/media/foody%20bits/IMAG1190_1_zps1353f6a7.jpg.html '> http://s956.photobucket.com/user/thetapeworm/media/foody%20bits/IMAG1190_1_zps1353f6a7.jpg.html

• Like 1

Subbing for awesome alien killing teamwork :) And to watch you train for the tough mudder! I'll be doing my first obstacle race (Rugged Maniac) this May and am super excited :D

• Like 1

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Subbing for awesome alien killing teamwork :) And to watch you train for the tough mudder! I'll be doing my first obstacle race (Rugged Maniac) this May and am super excited :D

Yahoo! Good luck in your rugged.

• Like 1

April 9th

5:20- coffee with cinnamon

9:00- 2 eggs, 3 bacon, 4 tomato slices, 1/2 cup home fries. Chai tea

12:00- 2 cups salad, 1/2 cup baked shredded chicken, 1/2 cup ground beef, 2 tbsp baked beans, guacamole, salsa, Pico de gallo, sour cream, grilled onions, red and green peppers.

2:15- BACK

Walking 5 min

One arm row- 4 sets of 10 reps (super set for next move)

(Rocked out 50 lbs for this yahoo)

Over head pull- 4 sets of 10 reps

( 50 lbs for this to)

Incline one arm row- 4 sets of 10 reps

(50 lbs again holy hot damn)

Close grip pull up- 4 sets of 10

(Assisted with a bench)

Wide grip pull ups- 4 sets of 10

(Assisted with a bench)

Face pull- 4 sets of 10

(45 lbs for the first set and went up to 55 lbs for the rest)

Single arm lat pull down- 3 sets of 8

(45 lbs all the way through)

• Like 2