Annyshay Needs to Sort Out Her Priorities

annyshay

If I had to choose the character in literature that I most identify with, it would be Hermione Granger. I was a frizzy haired, smarty pants who spent more time with books than other people for a large part of my school years. I’ve been called a goodie-two-shoes, a brown-noser, bossy, and many other things I wouldn’t type in pleasant company. I didn’t come from “pure bloodâ€. But I will learn and dare almost anything to move forward and help my friends. The Harry Potter series has been reminding me to play to my strengths as I approach some big challenges – moving across country, two sets of boards, and starting a new phase of my training. Hermione embodies a lot of my strengths, so I’m going to use some of her favorite spells in my quest toward freedom from my food triggers and bad food habits.

tumblr_mf5n2cX64n1rbrm08o1_500.gif

Like Hermione, my perfectionist ways can sometimes be an exercise in missing the point. My scale, weight, BMI, calorie counts, and any other numbers ARE NOT the priority. I want to be fit, healthy, and well. So, time to listen to Ron and sort out my priorities. Fewer numbers... more focus...

6f2b9555a092d1eadd034807186981af.jpg

Main Quest: Craving Control Habit

dcFT1ht.gif

Alohomora = unlock my mind from food triggers. Work with ideas from Eating the Moment to break the bad eating habits I have, including mindless eating, snacking in certain locations, and rushing through lunch.

mqhdsW9q-t4IWtm99pT-UdA.jpg

Nox = lights out at 9:30pm. More sleep is physiologically important for fighting cravings.

tumblr_loz8y7O6lJ1qen79qo2_500.gif

Incendio = walk 10,000 steps per day. When I’m active, my mind is healthy. When my mind is healthy, I make healthy choices.

tumblr_mw889wgp7b1ssjzyjo1_500.jpg?w=560

Books and Cleverness! I have got to start seriously studying for boards.

tumblr_lhkfvs2MIt1qa4133o1_500.gif

Time Turner = No video games until I have completed my tasks for the day! Devices can help us make the most of time. My iPad is NOT just for games...

Ready, Assassins? Let's do this!

B0220000BL0000028981818181511DGVR00AFA,h

• Like 9

Love as thou wilt.

Love the theme for your challenge, good luck!

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

Clever challenge, fellow Hermione-twin. ;) Nice theme, and enough simplicity that it is easy to track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Week 0 Day 4

Alohomora - not my best day, ate a bunch of tasty treats at work today, but I did lay off dinner when I wasn't hungry
Nox - not quite
Incendio - nope 
Books and Cleverness - yup yup, worked on books and questions for > 1 hour
Time Turner - lots of video games at work... during BORING conference stuff... bleck, set off a bad trend

Apparently, these were good goals.  :)

Love as thou wilt.

Love the challenge! Love the theme!

Good luck!!! We'll be here!

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Love this idea! Your challenges are always so well set out as well :)

Subbed!

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Love the theme for your challenge, good luck!

Thanks. I am hoping to get flooded with Hermione gifs. ;)

Great challenge!

So glad to see you again! There will be intermittent kettlebells too... I promise!

Clever challenge, fellow Hermione-twin. ;) Nice theme, and enough simplicity that it is easy to track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy to track is surprisingly crucial to me staying motivated. Sort of odd.

Love the challenge! Love the theme!

Good luck!!! We'll be here!

Thanks darling!

Love this idea! Your challenges are always so well set out as well :)

Subbed!

Awwwwwww, thanks. I've learned a lot from all my rebels. I hope I can make some good habits this go around. :D
  • Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

Week 1 Day 1

First off, wooooooooooooo! New challenge!

Ok, ready for an update?

Alohomora - remembered to say grace at the beginning (-ish) of meals, skipped food at several trigger spots in the hospital today, said no thanks to offered snacks, measured my post hike snack, and about to enjoy very tasty dinner from the crock pot

Nox - 9:24pm last night

Incendio - already past 10K steps thanks to a hike with roommate at Lithia Springs

Books and cleverness - 25 min of peds book, 10 medicine questions, board review at noon

Time Turner - I have done everything for today, so video games can happen if desired

So much win! You guys kicking butt too?

• Like 4

Love as thou wilt.

Week 1 Day 1

First off, wooooooooooooo! New challenge!

Ok, ready for an update?

Alohomora - remembered to say grace at the beginning (-ish) of meals, skipped food at several trigger spots in the hospital today, said no thanks to offered snacks, measured my post hike snack, and about to enjoy very tasty dinner from the crock pot

Nox - 9:24pm last night

Incendio - already past 10K steps thanks to a hike with roommate at Lithia Springs

Books and cleverness - 25 min of peds book, 10 medicine questions, board review at noon

Time Turner - I have done everything for today, so video games can happen if desired

So much win! You guys kicking butt too?

Great update. I say grace before dinner, but not before other meals. Your goal has made me think about this. What, I'm only thankful for dinner? :redface-new:  I was going to have saying grace as one of my goals, but decided to wait. But, I am going to try and remember, and actually thank God for breakfast and lunch too. :)

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Love your theme and your goals.  We have similarities amongst our goals.

I know that some days I just can't get the walking in, so instead of setting 10,000 steps per day, I've set 50,000 per week.  So I can have a couple not so good days and still make my goal.

As far as cravings go, I know that I eat when I'm stressed and I've very stressed at work right now, so I'm trying to exercise squeeze in some fast exercise - like 25 jumping jacks in the ladies room, or a quick walk or whatever - rather than grabbing for food.

As for the sleep thing, yes I need to get more sleep too.  Didn't know that would help with cravings as well as the stress, so thanks for that.  ^_^

• Like 1

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.”   Vincent Van Gogh

Sounds like a great start! Good job on not snacking. One day at a time and you'll get to it :)

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Great update. I say grace before dinner, but not before other meals. Your goal has made me think about this. What, I'm only thankful for dinner? :redface-new:  I was going to have saying grace as one of my goals, but decided to wait. But, I am going to try and remember, and actually thank God for breakfast and lunch too. :)

It's funny, but I've found lunch to be the hardest by far... and also the meal where mindfulness can help the most.  Work is a dangerous place for food for me.

Love your theme and your goals.  We have similarities amongst our goals.

I know that some days I just can't get the walking in, so instead of setting 10,000 steps per day, I've set 50,000 per week.  So I can have a couple not so good days and still make my goal.

As far as cravings go, I know that I eat when I'm stressed and I've very stressed at work right now, so I'm trying to exercise squeeze in some fast exercise - like 25 jumping jacks in the ladies room, or a quick walk or whatever - rather than grabbing for food.

As for the sleep thing, yes I need to get more sleep too.  Didn't know that would help with cravings as well as the stress, so thanks for that.   ^_^

Thanks for ideas!  Wanders off to find your challenge...

Sounds like a great start! Good job on not snacking. One day at a time and you'll get to it :)

Thanks!

Love as thou wilt.

Week 1 Day 2

Alohomora - so far, so good, easier to avoid triggers when I'm home
Nox - 9:26pm last night
Incendio - already >11K for today, went on a hike at Fitzgerald Lake with roommate :)

Books and cleverness - 25 min of peds book, 15 medicine questions
Time Turner - success is mine, we'll see if I go with video games (didn't yesterday), more likely I'll watch Howl's Moving Castle with the roommate (!!!)

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

Week 1 Day 3

Alohomora - remembered grace, mindfully avoided some triggers, missed breakfast this morning when I overslept, ate a "free" muffin when I was already satisfied
Nox - 9:33 failure due to watching Howl, ah well
Incendio - 10068, take that apartment laps, also the mini-challenge this week will definitely help with this goal

Books and Cleverness - 12 pediatrics questions prepped for board review, led board review, 10 medicine questions
Time Turner - so close... But need to finish walking, so I'll probably read instead

Proud of my progress so far. Thanks for all the support guys. I still really need to dial down my food intake, but we're aiming for progress here... Not perfection. Also, I'm glad so many of you think my Hermione challenge is thoughtful ;)

Mini-Challenge - 2.7 miles and 20 lunges for House Stark!

• Like 3

Love as thou wilt.

Week 1 Summary

Crazy awesome weekend due to visiting my alma mater for the retirement of one of my favorite professors. Much celebrating, drinking, staying up until the wee hours of the morning discussing brilliant things with passionate geniuses (4am, cough), and eating were had, so I did not plan to follow the challenge except to get my walking in and enjoy! I am grateful that I got to go to this reunion/celebration.

Alohomora - lots of mindfulness this week, focusing on my choices (mostly to enjoy what I wanted to indulge in), and much celebration

Nox - 4/7 - much staying up very late due to partying on Saturday and Sunday, and a bit late on Tuesday for Howl

Incendio - 7/7, often over :D see below!

Books and Cleverness - 4/4 (pass for the weekend college)

Time Turner - 7/7 - no video games all week

Mini Challenge - didn't get to a computer to log my efforts on time, but for House Stark...

28.5 miles (total of 39 miles if you count the whole week, but challenge started on Wednesday)

28 lunges

• Like 6

Love as thou wilt.

Lots of miles walked. Looks like a great week and an awesome weekend. Some things are worth missing sleep for.

• Like 1

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Week 2 Day 1

Alohomora - very thoughtful and enjoyed all my meals with grace said

Nox - flight delays made this impossible, so tired

Incendio - pretty sure I made it

Books and Cleverness - pass for end of long weekend

Time Turner - no games

Mini - 300 squats while waiting for my delayed flight, my legs are so sore and proud

Doing active recovery things today. Already did some yoga for runners that felt divine. Time for a nap!

• Like 3

Love as thou wilt.

Week 2 Day 2

Alohomora - mindful, delicious meals with grace said, thumbs up!

Nox - 9:28!

Incendio - 15000+ steps on a long glorious sunset filled walk with a friend :)

Books and Cleverness - finished chapter in peds book

Time Turner - no video games

Mini - 10 squats

Doing well, but sheesh the squats DOMS are intense from Monday!

• Like 4

Love as thou wilt.