Wow, your gym sessions seem ridiculously intense! :o Certainly compared to mine sometimes... You must need ~4000 calories to keep up with all of this! Definitely agree on the post-deadlift feeling though... much moreso than for squat or bench etc.

I've officially added the suicide jump to my list of things to try - thanks for bringing it to our attention :) I'll update you on my bruises later haha

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Haha :pride:

I would have loved to do more haha, but I know it's counterproductive, so I try to hit that happy medium :rolleyes-new:.

Since I'm coming off a cut my calories are still low (2450), but I do have a pretty high maintenance for my bodyweight (around 2800-2900).

Level: 3 - Assassin || STR: 4 | DEX: 9 | STA: 0 | CON: 7 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 9

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge - The Verdict

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.†- Friedrich Nietzsche 

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Samuel Johnson

Major Lifestyle changes 

So I pretty much had a realization today. Not a realizition as in discovering something you didn't know, but rather realizing something you knew but isn't applying. 

"Knowing is not enough we must apply. willing is not enough we must do" - Bruce Lee

I've been studying topics like meditation, mindfulness, visualization, the subconscious mind etc A LOT this year. I've had periods were I meditated a lot, and periods where I didn't do dedicated meditations at all. I know the benefits of this, I've even experienced them on a rather deep level, yet I've fallen off this recently. 

Starting tomorrow, this is what I'll do, every single day, without exceptions. This is not a part of my challenge, it's a lifestyle change. 

I've never been a fan off "starting lightly" etc. If you want to start something, you start. If you want to quit something, YOU QUIT. There is nothing else to it. Any attempts to "ease into/out of" it is nothing but an excuse in my mind. Something I have had an incredibly hard time understanding about people is when they say they'll do something and then don't do it. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS. Why the fuck would you say you're gonna do something and don't do it? I'm sorry, but if you do this you lose my respect instantly. That's mean of me? NO. You told me you were going to do something, I trusted you, I had faith in you, I had no reason not to. You failed yourself and everyone you "promised" by not doing what you said. This happens all the time, yet I don't think I'll ever get used to it.

I value traits like integrity, trustworthiness and reliability far to much to go around saying I'll do all kinds of shit but never actually do it. I therefor take what I say and what I promise extremely serious, and I don't say anything if I'm not sure that I will/can do it. But once I do say it, IT WILL BE DONE. 

I will:

1. Turn off all electronics, put my iPhone on airplane mode and turn down the lights in my room ONE hour before bed. I'll use this entire hour to stretch and meditate. 30-40min of mindful stretching followed by 30-20min meditation. I'll then brush my teeth and go to bed. 

2. Sleep a minimum of 8 hours, when I wake up, I'll down a couple of glasses water then immediately do 15-20 minutes of dedicated visualization. Note that my iPhone is still on airplane mode from yesterday. After the visualization I'll dress for the gym, mix my shakes and do my training regimen. I'll have music during my workout, but my iPhone will be on airplane mode the entire time. First when I've done the very last stretch at the end of the workout I'm allowed to let my iPhone bombard me with 10+ e-mails, messages and facebook shit. 

3. Go outdoors. I'm feeling so damn limited being indoors, it's a prison without you even knowing it. "Those who do not move do not notice their chains".

If I don't do my workout outdoors, I'll go outdoors later that day (or both). Walk, run, crawl, jump or sit on a bench doesn't matter, as long as I get my ass outdoors. 

Note that these are guidelines, I won't get all fundamental with this. It doesn't have to be this EXACT way. Adapt to the situation, but the daily meditation, stretching and visualization in complete absence of distractions is a necessity.

There is nothing more important than being mindful in everything you do. Eliminate distractions, always keep searching and finding whats unnecessary in your life and environment. If it doesn't make you better, if it doesn't move you towards your goal, REMOVE IT.

I will be completely off every technical device for around 13-14 hours this way.

"It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessentials" - Bruce Lee

The next week my biggest challenges will be keeping my training volume down. I've been training very intense 6 days/week for 11 weeks now, and even though I feel fine, I know I need a deload week. The "fine" I feel now is a "fine" from the past, the "fine" I'll feel after this deload will be on a whole new level.

I'll sleep 10h+ each day this week, stretch even more, foam roll even more, cold shower for longer and get more ladies to massage me^^.

This combined with daily visualization and meditation will move me closer to my goals.

Zen mode activated. 

Current Challenge

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.†- Friedrich Nietzsche 

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Samuel Johnson

Excellent changes, dude. I used to think that meditation was a load of bollocks and I paid absolutely no attention to it.

However, a couple weeks back I had a shot at the whole thing because, well, why the hell not? 

My focus has improved by a ridiculous amount. After maths class last week my friend asked me why I'd ignored her the entire session.. I hadn't ignored her, it was just the fact that I'd put every mental resource available into my work and hadn't heard a word of what was going on around me.

Now, consider that my geography teacher in high school tried to get me tested for ADHD and you'll see how awesome that is. :D

Also, I've noticed that daily stretching has all but eradicated any pain I felt in my back. As a tumbler (and a crappy one), my spine takes a lot of stress from impact. Stretching regularly every morning has changed that completely. Plus, it's a nice sensation!

Apart from splits training. Man, fuck splits training. ^^

• Like 1

Assassin - Level 3 

STR: 6 | STA: 3 | DEX: 1 | CON: 6 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 1

Challenge 1 - RESTART -  Challenge 2

Yeah, the benefits of meditation is pretty remarkable for sure. My patience was always a weak link before I started meditating, if I meditate daily I literally can't get provoked, and I never lose my cool or control. It's awesome! I read this great quote recently saying: "Everyone should meditate 20 minutes each day, unless you're to busy, then you should meditate for 60 minutes.".

I began stretching regularly FAR to late in my training. It's literally as important as any other aspect of your training. It's YinYang, it's not in opposition to anything, nor separate of, it's part of :rolleyes-new:.

Current Challenge

Monday (Upper Deload): 

So, first day of my deload week. I actually began the session in the gym, did by Bench Presses then went outside to a park, it was AWESOME to train in the sun. The session ended up over 3 hours including warm-up, transport from gym to park and cool-down though. Long because I focused more on skill work and rested longer since it's a deload.

6x3 Chest-Strike Push-Ups - I decided to stick to Chest-Strike another week.

50x5, 60x5, 67,5x5, 77,5x5, 85x5 Bench Narrower Grip felt good.

Skill work: 

Crow holds

Front Scales

Handstand Progression

L-Sit Progression

2x7, 2x7 Handstand Push-Ups 

2x10, 2x10 Band Push-Ups

2x12, 2x12 Archer Push-Ups

2x15, 2x15 Paused Diamond Push-Ups

6x3 Chest-Ups - I'm getting better at using my hips to explode up, not kipping, just squeezing my hip flexors and pushing forward as I pull. 

15s, 15s, 15s Wrist Hangs - Holy shit this was hardcore. I'm sure these strengthen the wrists a ton, I'll keep doing these a lot!

7, 7 Typewriter Pull-Ups - Not sure what to call these. I pulled up, then went to the left, then to the right, back to middle then down and repeat.

Baby Muscle-Ups

Sprints - Went really light. Maybe 60% short distance.

Overall a good session. I really wanted to do more, and that's a good sign for a deload obviously. I think this volume and intensity is good for this deload week, I'll keep this volume until Friday, then rest for the entire weekend ( :nonchalance:). 

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Your deload week actually seems like a lot of fun! Especially the sprint training. I did that for a month or something then I lost motivation but it's killer and awesome to see yourself get faster! You did it light now, but are you planning on pushing yourself more on that?

Again I think I should meditate. Keep talking about how awesome it is really, I need it but I suck at it so bad it's demotivating :P  

Your deload week actually seems like a lot of fun! Especially the sprint training. I did that for a month or something then I lost motivation but it's killer and awesome to see yourself get faster! You did it light now, but are you planning on pushing yourself more on that?

Again I think I should meditate. Keep talking about how awesome it is really, I need it but I suck at it so bad it's demotivating :tongue:

Well, It's okey, I enjoy pushing myself to the limit, so I don't like when I can't do that :playful:

Yeah, Sprinting is something I'm very serious about. It's very taxing though so I keep it light this week. I plan on getting really serious with sprinting the following 8 weeks though. It will be maybe 80% of my conditioning work :rolleyes-new:.

Just go meditate, start with 5 minutes. And you only suck at it because you say you do.

The thing that helped me the most with meditating is just allowing myself to do WHATEVER happens. If I start thinking about shit while I meditate, I don't go "Shit, stop thinking, stop thinking", but rather "Wow, that's a thought, interesting !" and I let it be. Meditation is widely misunderstood as 'not thinking'. It's pretty much the opposite. It's being completely present and observing wherever your mind wanders. You can't be bad at that. You just have a twisted attitude towards it, your mind have made up a false sense of what it is by not doing it.

Stop thinking it's a 'skill' to meditate, it's not something you learn, rather something you need to unlearn.

You need to empty your cup before you can refill it :peaceful:

Tuesday (Skill Work): 

6x3 Tuck Jumps

6x3 Chest-Strike Push-Ups

6x3 Chest-Ups

5x10 Precision Jumps - Working on landing at the exact same spot each jump.

5x30s Hollow Body holds superset Superman Holds - Great for handstands and overall core strength. 

6x3 Seated Leg Raises - Great for L-sits and Front Scales

10x3 Baby Muscle-Ups

3x3 Dragon-Flag Negatives With Long Pause - These felt great, I'm very close to do a Full Dragon-Flag, but it would not meet the standard I want, yet. 

Stretches (Glute Stretch + L-Arm + Plow + Bridge)

A really crappy session. I took it very light because I felt real shitty warming up (Auto-Regulation is key). These days happen, and it's good it happened during a deload anyway.

I'll get a real long bath today, both hot and cold, that always helps me recover:)

I also decided to skip Fridays session this week to properly deload. That means no training for 3 days, it's been awhile since that happened :numbness:

I'm fucking terrified lmao.. I'll do some movement, mobility and flexibility work of course, but nothing taxing at all.

On a happier note: I actually lost Body-fat the previous week, so I got to increase my daily calories quite a bit! YEEEEEY MORE FOOOD :nevreness::nevreness: 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Hahah, I love that that those two are "deload" workouts. Getting it done! Good luck with your new approach to life and reintegrating meditation and visualization... though it doesn't sound like you'll need to luck. :P

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Hahah, I love that that those two are "deload" workouts. Getting it done! Good luck with your new approach to life and reintegrating meditation and visualization... though it doesn't sound like you'll need to luck. :P

Yeah, it feels good to "be back" into that lifestyle.

I actually experienced something truly amazing just now. I'm very influenced by GMB right now and have been using their newest program Elements the last 5 weeks. Anyway, they are big supporters of "movement" and "play".

I went out and found this huge lawn. I put my headphones on, high volume, I picked one of my favorite song: 'I've Got a Name by Justin Hines' and I just moved. How did I move? No clue. I utilized much from Elements, but it wasn't concious at all, I just allowed everything to flow without restriction. IT WAS FUCKING AMAZING. I swear to Jesus, Jahve AND Allah, I can't think of a time I've felt this free. I moved to the music, at times fast as hell, at times slow and controlled, I didn't stop for a good 15minutes..

I attribute 100% of this to GMB, they have truly inspired me, and thought me through Elements (among others) how to move more freely. All the biceps curls in the world makes no difference if you can't or won't MOVE (of course biceps curls are needed too, what else are the girls gonna hang onto...;)?).

Get your ass outside and move everyone. Have you ever seen an adult as happy as a child? Why? We forgot how to fucking play.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

I may seem silly but I didn't realise I had the wrong approach to meditation! And therefore I already did two 5 minute sessions and I will work on doing it at least once a day! :)

I may seem silly but I didn't realise I had the wrong approach to meditation! And therefore I already did two 5 minute sessions and I will work on doing it at least once a day! :)

Haha great to hear!! You'll feel em benefits very soon:)

Current Challenge

Wednesday (Lower Deload): 

REDEMPTION. Today felt great. This is usually the case with me, the day after a really bad workout is always my best. It was a deload, which was a pain in the ass since I felt like lifting some heavy shit, of well :playful:. I actually "won" a free week at a local gym, it was a really great gym actually, might consider switching to this one:)

100x5, 100x5, 100x5 Paused Squats - Went really light and focused on technique. It felt great! I never reached this depth on Squats before!!

6x3 (100kg) + 140x1 Speed Deadlifts - Holy shit this explosive focused training is paying off bigtime. These flew up lightning fast, even 140x1 flew up like it was an unloaded bar. Of course, 140kg is very light for me, but the speed has improved significant :peaceful:. I can't wait to see how fast I can pull a heavy single (in 3 weeks).

L-Sit Progression - Also progressing great!

5x5 Dragon-Flag Negatives with Long Pause - WOW! I can pretty much do a Dragon-Flag now, I'll have to record myself before I can confidently say it's done though, and of course, I'll keep working on it as hard so it's freakin perfect come May 25th :rolleyes-new:

6x3 Tuck Jumps - Tuck is improving good, I'm a lot more coordinated and precise. Next week it's time for "Tuck Catch Jumps"!

Jump Rope - Just did some footwork drills, maybe 5min at a fast speed.

Heavy bag - Damn I was happy when I saw the heavy bag at this gym:D I love me some boxing/Muay Thai drilling! (Also noticed an increase in speed here).

Third World Squat to Failure - Lmao, that took way to long xD. I'll have to set a timer to 5min next time.. (I will start doing these more frequent though!!)

Glute Stretch, Lounge Chair, Lunge - Jesus, I'm really beginning to enjoy stretching:o 

Bridge Progression - WOW! This is advancing way faster than I though, Focused Flexibility from GMB is on a whole other level when it comes to flexibility training!

Great session! I really had to hold myself back at those deadlifts, I so wanted to pull some heavy shit, of well, NEXT WEEK!!!! Tomorrow I'll do some Upper body, then It's time for the dreaded 3 day long rest period :neglected:. I'll make sure to do a lot of movement practice and flexibility work so I'm active at-least. I'll be so damn ready next Monday. Jesus christ I can feel how I'll just get to unleash 3 days of involuntary rest  :redface:!!

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Thursday (Upper Deload):

6x3 Chest-Strike Push-Ups - I got the hang of some cues that made these feel better.

50x5, 60x5, 67,5x5, 77,5x5, 87,5x3, 67,5x8 Bench - Wow, I'm amazed how WORTHLESS most bench stations are at commercial gyms, way to low, pisses me off.

30x5, 30x5, 30x5 OHP - Boooooring....

6x3 Chest-Ups - I feel like I'm not progressing here at all, I'll have to turn it up bigtime next week.

10, 8, 6 Slow Chest-Ups 

10, 10 Archer Push-Ups

15, 15 Clap Push-Ups - Figured it's important to work explosiveness in a higher rep-range as-well.

2x15 Paused Diamond Push-Ups superset Headbangers

Heavy Bag 

Glute Stretch, Lunge, Lounge Chair

Bridge Progression

Another sluggish session. I feel really bored when I don't have a challenge infront of me. I just feel like being on autopilot. I also had some severe wrist pains trying to do handstand Push-Ups and Crow holds, which pisses me off even more. 

*WARNING, HUGE ANGRY RANT INCOMING*

As I mentioned yesterday I'm trying out this new gym for a week, and it's really great when it comes to space, equipment (except the fucking bench press) etc, but holy fuck I realized that the 18+ rule on the gym I go to the most is awesome. There were these 16 year old YOLOs at the gym today and they were seriously pissing me off. You know, standing in a circle around the bench press, and then the girls standing in a circle around the smith-machine doing squats... Worst part of it was this one guy CONSTANTLY fucking flexing in the mirror, and throwing away bad advice towards everyone. JESUS CHRIST DUDE YOU'RE SMALL AS FUCK. It's cool that you're serious about training and are seeing results, but PLEASE show some integrity and self-revelation. He pretty much followed me wherever I went too, even when I was in the stretching room afterwards he were there flexing in the mirror while the girls were stretching...

And for you girls, FUCK YOU TOO. Don't be standing in your yoga-pants doing squats on a smith machine looking for attention. There should be a rule who's allowed to wear yoga-pants or something, and of course I should be the one deciding who's allowed (e-mail your pics to me). 

I go to the gym 7am to avoid people, and it usually work, but apparently there's more people early at this gym.

I guess this is the story of every gym ever. I have always hated and looked down on these people flexing and being jackasses at the gym. Please be a bit subtle with showing off, IF you have something impressive to show off, whether it's your physique or your strength, it WILL show if you just shut your fucking mouth and train. Which of course is the very reason they are flexing, because they haven't got anything actually impressive, they are just insecure motherf*ckers. The less you care about what others think about you, the more they'll notice you (especially girls). That's a promise. 

I'm a misanthrope as is, but people at the gym takes out the worst in me. I'm fucking ecstatic that I'll be doing 90% of my workouts outdoors from now on. I don't want to feel that I hate the gym though, I still love the heavy lifting. I really need to find a gym with like-minded people that actually knows what they're doing. I recently read something on the lines of: "If you're the strongest person in your gym, you're at the wrong gym.". And I really get this. I have always had this problem with pretty much everything I've done. I've never had like-minded people besides me, ever. 

I'm sorry about the rant, I don't wanna come off as hateful, but I just felt like letting it out. Please don't take it to seriously, I'm not sitting here being angry, it's just my way of writing and expressing myself. Take it with humor if you can, it's not meant to be hateful. 

Anyway. I'll redeem myself later today. I'll do some movement exploration, skill work and stretching outdoors. Hopefully my wrist will allow some handstand practice, crow poses etc, we'll see.

No training for 3 days now, depressing as fuck. I promise you this though: If you thought my workload was high the first week, you'll be amazed the following weeks. I'm just getting started. Keep following me and endure my angry rants and you'll be witnessing amazing progress. It will inspire and push you forward with your goals by just clicking on my page. That's a promise. 

I'll also include videos of my progress starting next week.

My plan to reach these goals were from the beginning to cycle them. You can't tackle it all at the same time, you have to prioritize and focus.

I used the first week to ASSESS where I was, what needed the most work etc. This week was a deload week, so starting next week I'll be tackling one goal at the time, not moving to the next until I got the current one. 

Next week I'll be checking of Muscle-Ups & Dragon-Flags from the list. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Oh don't worry you can definitely rant and I will still like following you!

I thought it was funny you talked about lightweight squats and they are 100kg I keep forgetting just how strong you are!

It's clearly true :P I am inspired by reading your page, and in fact I've just come inside from trying suicide jumps for the first time (which I discovered for the first time in your challenge)

Danny_Kavadlo_SuicideJump.jpg

I couldn't find a decent pole, except for a bike pump that I didn't want to stamp on and break haha, so I did it with a twig from the garden. I failed quite a bit :tongue: but after a while, I found I could reliably do it without bending the twig, even with thick-soled trainers on, so yay for that :) I want to try it with a sturdier pole (like the one in the picture) but I'll do that another time once I've found something appropriate.

In case you prefer the satisfaction of figuring it out for yourself, I'll put my hints in a spoiler tag:

• try it first - to warm up - with something like a cloth that can bow beneath your legs and carries no risk of damage or injury if you fail
  • it's obviously easier without shoes because your legs are then lighter and you have more room around the feet to manoeuvre the bar
  • hands need to be wider than your shoulders because your upper arm needs to fit around your torso, and if your arms are too close then you need a sharper elbow angle to execute the motion
  • I found the bar would get caught on my heels, not my feet, so to fix that I would tuck a split-second "too" long, allowing the bar time to pass over my heels before untucking to land
  • you feel like a magician every time you do it when the bar doesn't even touch you :)

I'm surprised that you're working on only two of the skills next week though - strength takes some time to accumulate, and muscle memory sometimes takes a few sessions to sink in, however long the sessions are.

Also, you overestimate how much other gym-users care about what other people think. The guy flexing in the mirror is probably more interested in motivating himself by observing his success than he is interested in showing off his muscle definition to other people (otherwise he wouldn't be seeking out mirrors to flex into). Sure, he should go do some real training like you do rather than spend so much time gawping at himself, but I doubt he's showing off as much as you insult him for.

Similarly, I'm not sure why you object to the girls around the smith machine (except that they would be better-off using a real squat rack haha) but I expect they wear yoga pants to the gym to "fit in" with their stereotype of what serious female gym-goers do, rather than because they want you to judge them on how they look. Maybe they should wear something else, but I doubt that they're showing off as much as you implied.

Certainly feel free to rant though - I think we'll enjoy reading your thoughts even if they're sometimes negative - just don't expect us to agree with absolutely everything :P

Good luck with getting back to your full training next week - I'm especially excited to see how you tackle muscle-ups :) I'm pretty sure you're stronger than me, so I have confidence that you'll do well!

• Like 1

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Wow, nice job man! I appreciate every tip I can get. I'm sure I can get the Suicide Jump eventually:) 

I'm not working on only two skills next week, but I'm focusing on them, meaning I do them the most. I won't ignore any aspect but my goal for the week is to achieve those two:) 

Also, I know that they aren't necessarily flexing with the intention to show off, that's not what I meant. They are however, automatically, showing off when flexing in a public place with mirrors 360°. I take progress pictures weekly, and I check myself out in the mirror all the time (who doesn't?), so that's not at all what I meant. That said, it's about being somewhat subtle in my opinion. If you do a full on bodybuilding pose between every single set, you're a douche, and you are showing off even if your intension isn't to show off. 

And I completely agree about the girls, I know WHY they do this, both the guys and the girls. I'm fully aware, it just annoys me somewhat. 

And of course you don't have to agree with me haha:)

I'm so fucking ready for the next week haha:D. I've been carefully engineering my programming and been meditation, stretching and recovering a ton. I'm turning the volume up high tomorrow, I'll introduce a bunch of whole new training styles. Be ready, I'll drop the ball tomorrow:)

Current Challenge

Saw your comment about bracing in Lilith's thread, which was smart because it's sometimes so easy to forget not everyone has these little bits of knowledge. So I decided to check out your thread. Basically you're young, cocky and ambitious with very interesting goals! I'll follow along a bit if you don't mind. And i'll join the club trying out the suicide jumps :D

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl gets her bujo back

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Saw your comment about bracing in Lilith's thread, which was smart because it's sometimes so easy to forget not everyone has these little bits of knowledge. So I decided to check out your thread. Basically you're young, cocky and ambitious with very interesting goals! I'll follow along a bit if you don't mind. And i'll join the club trying out the suicide jumps :D

Hiii:) you're very welcome! I'm glad I could help with the squatting cue too:)!

I am ambitious and cocky haha, no doubt. I'm also pretty humble though, but it's hard to express through text;)

I will post what I did today in a couple hours, it's pretty novel and intense to say the least:D

Glad to have you here KB:)

Current Challenge

I am going to wear whatever fuckin' pants I want to the gym. Fuck the haters. ;)

Excited to see you take off this week with your new program (and no deload)! Did you ultimately decide to do weights at the gym + bodyweight outside for most of your workouts? 

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I am going to wear whatever fuckin' pants I want to the gym. Fuck the haters. ;)

Excited to see you take off this week with your new program (and no deload)! Did you ultimately decide to do weights at the gym + bodyweight outside for most of your workouts?

Haha:D that's pretty much my point too, wear whatever the fuck you want, it doesn't have to be yoga pants though. I can't remember a time I saw a girl at the gym without them.

Just remember to do your squats if you decide to wear them though;) (joking...)

Yeah, I decided to do my lifts first then go outside:) It's very inconvenient though, since I need to walk 20min to do 5 sets of lifting, then walk another 20min. I ordered a longboard yesterday though, so I can move around quicker:D

Current Challenge

Monday

So! It’s finally Monday:D. I've decided to start training with Rings using GMBs â€Rings 1â€. 

I’ve also decided to incorporate 2 trainings sessions each day, I call one â€Yang†and the other â€Yinâ€. The â€Yang†will be hard work, weightlifting, explosive moves & rings. â€Yin†will be floor skills (using GMBs Floor 1), animal locomotives and movement exploration (also using GMBs programs). I’m really curious about this layout, I think it will be awesome :D. I actually turned down a job a few days ago because I want to focus 100% on my training until my education begins (don’t tell my mom this, she would kill me xD). I’m crazy, I know;)

I also decided to only go 90% on my lifts (Bench, Squat, Deadlift & OHP) since I want to focus on SPEED because of this challenge. So the lower weight will allow me to make the lift quickly, which will be more beneficial.

I will also start to track, rate & log more here. I’ll rate myself (scale 1-10) in the following:
RPE: How much effort the move took. Higher score=more effort. 
RPT: How good my technique was.
Mindfulness: How focused I was during my practice.
Technique: Overall technique.
Strength: How strong I felt during the session.
Intensity: How intense the session was (rest time, how taxing etc).
Flexibility: How flexible I felt during moves that requires good flexibility.
Creativity: How creative I was in my movement exploration.

I’ll also have a goal for each session which NEEDS to be completed. This goal is the main focus for the session.

My weight this morning was 77.9kg (171lbs). I also tracked my body-fat, and it was the same as last week, even though it was a deload (low intensity) week. So I’ll be increasing my calories quite drastically to:

Protein: 214g

Carbs: 325g

Fat: 68g

Kcal: 2768

Anyway, here’s what I did today following this new plan:

Session 1 (Yang): 

Goal: Assess my performance on rings.

Feeling during Warm-Up: 7/10 Note: Feeling great. I’M READY.

6x3 Hip-Strike Push-Ups Speed: 8, RPT: 8 - WOW! I felt a huge increase in explosiveness. I think the process to get explosive is rather quick when you already have the strength:)

52,5x5, 62,5x5, 70x5, 80x5, 87,5x5 Bench RPE: 8, RPT: 6 - Grr, had to do a quick rerack between rep 4 & 5 of the final set since I got unbalanced. I made the fifth rep, so I choose to count it since the rerack process only made it harder. I still have some problems with my butt coming of the bench during the later reps, though.

After the Bench I ditched the gym and found a tree at a park close to home. It literally took me 10min to hang my rings haha, I’ve NEVER touched rings before, so I was a major NEWB hehe. 

Rings 1 (Above The Rings):

5x8 Dips - RPE: 7, RPT: 7 Haha, pretty humbling to do 8 dips. They were very slow & controlled though (and I could have done a few more). They felt great actually. 

0 Tuck To Tuck Shoulder Stand - RPE: 8, RPT: 0 Haha, NOPE. I could not do this at all. It’s a rather advanced move so I didn’t think I could. I’ll work on the assisted variant until I get it.

5x10 Inverted Push-Ups - RPE: 6, RPT: 6 Harder than you might think. They felt pretty good.

5x9-11 Push-Ups - RPE: 7, RPT: 8 WOW! I loved these:D It’s been a loong time since I felt a Chest-Pump like this. Paused at the button and exploded up every rep. Crazy.

5x10 Jump to Dips - RPE: 6, RPT: 6 This is a move to get ready for a ring Muscle-Up. You jump up just enough to get into a low-dip (just like after the transition of a Muscle-Up). Also good since you train the false-grip.

3x3x3s L-Sit Hold - RPE: 8, RPT: 5 These felt better than I though, but they are not near where they should be though, but I feel like I’ll get the hang of them pretty quickly. 

3x3 Assisted Tuck To Tuck Shoulder Stand - RPE: 6, RPT: 4 Did some Assisted ones to finish up. I’d say two weeks working on these before I’m ready for the big brotha’.  

I LOVE RINGS:D I knew I would, but I’m so excited to get totally bad-ass with them. It’s very humbling to say the least, but I never felt my muscles work this coordinated and intense before. My goal is to have a RPT above 8 on all of these exercises in 4-5 weeks. Tomorrow I’ll be attacking â€Below The Ringsâ€, which pretty much means pulling movements. My back is stronger than my chest, so I think I’ll do better tomorrow:) We’ll see:D

Stretches: 

Lounge Chair, Kneeling Shoulder Overhead, Kneeling Wrist & L-Arm

Bridge Progression - Wow, felt great! My limiting factor is my shoulders & wrists, so I’ll stretch those more. 

Grades:

Mindfulness: 7/10 Note: Felt focused. Not perfect though.

Technique: 6/10 Note: Decent for first time on rings. Some moves were great, some terrible

Strength: 7/10 Note: Rings are HARD, but I felt pretty strong considering. 

Intensity: 7/10 Note: Kept rest periods pretty short (60s ish).

Session 1: 7/10

Session 2 (Yin): 

Goal: Hold Crow for 10s+

Feeling during Warm-Up: 8/10 Note: the sun is shining, doesn't get much better than this.

Floor 1 (Balance):

6x1-30s Crow Holds - RPE: 4 RPT: 6 - I’m picking up this one quick. Longest hold 13s. 

4x10-30s Front Scale Holds - RPE: 5 RPT: 6 - Great balance. Gotta work on bringing my leg higher.

6x20-60s Handstands Holds on Wall (Facing in) - RPE: 4 RPT: 8 - Really happy with these. Straight line, held all sets for near 60s (and it wasn’t challenging). Next session I’ll work on kicking up. 

5x4 Seated Leg Raises - RPE: 5  RPT: 6 - Gewd. Work on keeping back more upright. 

Movement Vitamin:

I can’t reveal the secret formula for this^^. It's a program from GMB where you get a new move to explore each day, and different variation for the move on different difficulty levels.

Elements: 

4min Advanced Flow + 6min Free Flow

Stretches: 

Forward Fold, Pancake, Camel, Bridge

10 min Meditation - I'll include meditation in my cool-downs, really focusing on my breath. I believe it's absolutely essential if I want to keep this training intensity. Also, it was bloody awesome to meditate in the sunlight after a good training session:D 

Feeling during Cool-down: 8/10 Note: I’m alive. 

Grades:

Mindfulness: 7/10 Note: I felt focused during the movements, room for improvement. 

Technique: 6/10 Note: It’s getting better.

Flexibility: 7/10 Note: I surprise myself. I’m getting more flexible rapidly.

Creativity: 6/10 Note: Not very much new during the flow. EMPTY YOUR MIND. 

Session 2: 7/10

Total for the day: 7/10

Awesome first day! I really enjoyed this layout. I feel really good, not tired at all. It'll be fun to see how I feel later in the week, but I do think I can handle this. I'm aware that the deeper you go in training the deeper you need to go in recovery. I'll be really focused on recovering probably. I'm incredibly excited for tomorrow, gonna hit squats & speed deadlifts at the gym before it's time to try the "below the rings" workout. BOOYA:D :D

I told you my intensity was gonna go through the roof :onthego:. Be ready for some videos of my progress towards my challenge goals coming the following days:)

Thanks for following me :redface-new:!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool day ! :o

I want to do that !!!!

Seriously man that's exactly how i see my training sessions after my exams (if my wrists don't die before though).

If you haven't already i would suggest going through a free flow on the rings to get used to the sensations during transitions, and feel what your body can do on it, it's just so good !

Movement vitamin and elements will be mine in few days so that i could start experimenting with those too ;)

Keep going, and don't forget the videos, you talk about it for too long now :P

• Like 1

LVL 2          Vampire       

" It's about the journey."

"When ? Now. Where ? Here. Who ? Us."

Rock Solid Penguin challenge

My last challenge

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool day ! :o

I want to do that !!!!

Seriously man that's exactly how i see my training sessions after my exams (if my wrists don't die before though).

If you haven't already i would suggest going through a free flow on the rings to get used to the sensations during transitions, and feel what your body can do on it, it's just so good !

Movement vitamin and elements will be mine in few days so that i could start experimenting with those too ;)

Keep going, and don't forget the videos, you talk about it for too long now :P

Yeah!!! It was bloody awesome:D I'm extremely excited to continue this style of training:)

The flow comes in phase 3 of the program, patience my friend;) Gotta build the foundation first xD

I'm in the last week of elements now, I'll start it over once it's finished:) I'm also super excited about movement vitamin!! AAAAAH SO MUCH AWESOMENESS!!!!!

I'm actually gonna record myself every single session from now (I did today), mostly for myself, but I'll share some with y'all:D haha!

Current Challenge