Naxius

Anyway, I hope that by sticking with the meditation for 6 weeks, I'll stop caring if I suck at it too. (And when I say "suck" I mean the times where my mind behaves like a monkey on crack.)

:D - not much more to say really. Sounds like you are right on track!

(and for that of course, endless wootness!)

From the North, I am. Grammar applys here not.

Forest Elven Lightstalker Lv. 3

“Little by little, one travels farâ€.― J.R.R. Tolkien.

42%
42%

% of Available Sparklepoints Collected, Current Challenge

<p>

Glad the meditation was a bit better today.  

Holy shit. It was even better yesterday! That is, the day after yesterday's yesterday.

Your salads look delicious.  What are those golden bracelet/handcuff things?  Those look delicious too.

Those are my awesome-looking bracelets. They are on the table because awesome-looking does not equal awesome-sounding: the little movable piece on them jingles a little whenever I move my hands, and it gets aggravating real quick, hence why I took them off :\

As for them being delicious: it might hurt the teeth a little ;P

Glad to see your world is doing well kiddo.

Even Raindrops went better last night!

Goal for tonight: do Raindrops before doing alcohol. Raindrops AND meditation, actually.

:D - not much more to say really. Sounds like you are right on track!

(and for that of course, endless wootness!)

I HAVE NEVER SUCCEEDED AT A CHALLENGE LIKE THIS BEFORE AND IT IS MAGICAL. Thanks!

In other news, I did not post the thing I was going to post last night because there are not enough hours in a day and my brain shuts down after 9 PM. So I'll just make myself a list of things I need to post so I don't forget:

- Non-challenge item: epic fingernails

- The surgery trip: HOW TO GET SALAD?

- Recovery time and potential challenge tweaks

I'll probably have to modify some of my goals for the week after the surgery, mainly because 1) I won't be able to make salads by myself, or 2) make my own meals by myself, come to think of it. This will require planning, and maybe mom and I can do team-cooking or something. I might also add a walking goal since it's the only type of physical activity I'll be able to do for the last part of the challenge. And sleep. There may also be a sleep goal.

Rambling. Will BBL. It's like the office-ADD from work follows me at home now. This week has been incredibly busy, but compared to the job I had last year it feels like a breeze.

I might have also brought the work laptop home so that I can answer some e-mails. This way I can hopefully make up some hours XD

EDIT: WTF I HAVE TO LEAVE FOR THE GYM IN 5 MINS AND I ONLY GOT HOME AND SAT DOWN LIKE 15 MINS AGO? Time stahp!

• Like 3

Goal for tonight: do Raindrops before doing alcohol. Raindrops AND meditation, actually. I do my meditation after alcohol, well.. passing up is kind of like meditation right? <g>

I HAVE NEVER SUCCEEDED AT A CHALLENGE LIKE THIS BEFORE AND IT IS MAGICAL. Thanks! This is SO GREAT to hear kiddo, so very proud of you!

I'll probably have to modify some of my goals for the week after the surgery, mainly because 1) I won't be able to make salads by myself, or 2) make my own meals by myself, come to think of it. This will require planning, and maybe mom and I can do team-cooking or something.  I wished we lived closer, I would take you in, in a second, I miss having somebody to cook for! <g> But on a serious note, I'm not that far away if needed, you know that.

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Ok, I should make this post now before I waste the entire day on tumblr.

I figured I should talk about the non-graded goals a bit, mainly goal 3.2 - Hand control and goal 3.3 - Epic fingernails. They somewhat go together since I can't pick at my face with long and sharp nails, because ouch. And the longer my fingernails get, the more they bend, and bendy fingernails offer poor face-picking control, which leads to increased odds of ouch. I really need to stop picking at my face, and...I think it's been working so far. I still pick, but it feels like I'm doing it less than before.

Amazingly, none of my nails have broken yet. I'll show a pic of them now because some of them might be broken by next week:

Left hand. Right hand. The thumb nail on the left needs trimming now, though. And holy shit my hands look wrinkly. People would probably think I'm 50+ if all they saw were those pics. MUST GET FANCY HAND CREAM! RegenEX for my hands?

As for hand control and the Mudras thing...I'm not sure how that's going, as I haven't had too much time to read more about Mudra'ing in the last few weeks. One thing I did notice, though, is that when I straighten out my upper back and shoulders, then my forearms are almost automatically bent forward. This is probably due to 20 years or so of terrible posture and hunching over way too much--I figure that, for my hands to fall to my sides while I was hunched over all the time, my elbows had to be bent all the time also. This is both good and bad.

The good: the auto-bent elbows make it so my hands clasp together in front of me in an evil overlord-like manner almost automatically, whenever I straighten my upper back and shoulders.

The bad: shitty posture for 20+ years will probably mean a multi-thousand chiropractor bill in the future.

FFS, I'll be back later. Need to go somewhere. Some day I'll be able to make a full post, I swear :|

• Like 2

Well your hands look a lot better than mine kiddo. Mine are cut, scraped, bruised and twisted (but then again I work with them) and after working in a poultry processing plant for over 12 years I've never let my nails grow out.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

O my God those nails!

Get some nail envy (available at Amazon or any beauty supply zone) to keep your nails from breaking. It is the bomb.

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Also, so very proud of you for how successfully you are working this challenge.

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Well your hands look a lot better than mine kiddo. Mine are cut, scraped, bruised and twisted (but then again I work with them) and after working in a poultry processing plant for over 12 years I've never let my nails grow out.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Mine are all filthy now because I was trying to get the garden ready for the summer :| Cleaning dirt from under fingernails is no fun indeed.

I need to do the stupid garden ASAP because I won't be able to use my arms/upper body 11 days from now. To make this more fun, we won't see the sun again until Thursday. DAMNIT, WEATHER!

O my God those nails!

Get some nail envy (available at Amazon or any beauty supply zone) to keep your nails from breaking. It is the bomb.

Also, so very proud of you for how successfully you are working this challenge.

Will look that up. Thanks.

And yes, very hype :D

I'm making a list of all the things I have to do/acquire/pack in the next 8 days (I leave on the 5th of May) and...holy shit. Some of these things involve shopping, which makes me sad because shopping is my least favorite thing. I also need to make up some days/time at work, meaning I'll have even less time to do everything.

Aaaand the nagging about trivial things has begun. Time to go shopping!

• Like 1

Aaaand the nagging about trivial things has begun. Time to go shopping!

Just remember it's because they care kiddo. We won't always have them in our lives, and sadly I'm sure there will be days when we would want nothing more than to hear our folks nag us in the years to come.

Have fun shopping! Buy me something!!!!!

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Shopping loot:

- Button-up shirt that actually fits (acquired for discounted price)

- Necklace (worthy of an evil space lord, acquired for not quite discounted price)

- Vitamin C supplements (for wound healing amplification)

- Zinc supplements (ditto)

- 5 pairs of Vibram shoes (yes, you read that correctly)

Vibrams are getting discontinued, which saddens me greatly. The local SportCheck still had some in stock, which they're trying to get rid of because apparently Vibram is getting sued a lot because people are damaging their feet with the shoes yadda yadda. Anyway, I managed to grab one pair for outdoors (130$, not on discount) and four pairs of indoor ones (25$ each after all the discounts).

The pair that wasn't on sale was kind of pricey, but the outdoor Vibrams that I have now are falling apart and I needed new ones like 2 weeks ago. So I spent more money today than I should have, but now I probably won't have to buy new gym shoes for like 5 years. Go go gadget savings!

Wait no. I need trail shoes still. Fuck!

Just remember it's because they care kiddo. We won't always have them in our lives, and sadly I'm sure there will be days when we would want nothing more than to hear our folks nag us in the years to come.

Have fun shopping! Buy me something!!!!!

Yeah I know :\ The nagging at the time was about completely trivial things, though. While I was trying to do something else. It's just...ugh. Frustrating sometimes.

Salad picture dump:

Today's salad.

I did not have a large salad yesterday (Saturday). Come to think of it, I failed everything except the hydration goal yesterday lol. Saturdays seem to do that. One thing I've noticed, though, is that I can't even finish two coffees anymore. I start to get a headache after about 1.5 cups. I need to keep this in mind for next Saturday when the coffee monster attacks in full force again. Also, I always manage to not have more than one coffee cups on Sundays, so surely I can do this on Saturday also.

Friday's salad (I think) and some other day's salad. I forgot to take a pic once last week, or maybe twice. Who knows.

I want to go till the rest of the garden, but the weather is shit X(

• Like 1

Waaaait they are discontinuing vibrams??? Noooo I love them. Time to start hoarding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(______ <\-/> ______)     Faille | Level 3 Elf Ranger/Druid

/_.-=-.\| " |/.-=-._\     [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx78%--]
    /_   \(o_o)/    _\      STR 4.75 | DEX 7.75 | STA 8.75 | CON 11.5 | WIS 15.25 | CHA 8.75
     /_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
Current Challenge | #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
        /((( )))\           My Battle Log
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

Whole 30 Progress - Complete!!  1/5/2015 - 2/3/2015 -  Meal Plan

Comic Con Countdown - Goal 155 lbs, 7 to go
0%
0%

Yeah all the above is good, but the important thing is, what did you buy me!!! <g>

Eeeehhh, ummm... I bought you alcohol, and then I drank it for you :)

Waaaait they are discontinuing vibrams??? Noooo I love them. Time to start hoarding

I know :( I already did all the hoarding I could. If you're in NB, Canada, then I apologize for the lack of vibrams in the capital city.

Yesterday's salad. I forgot to take a picture of today's salad, but it looked the same as yesterday's except with dried raisins instead of dried cranberries. I wish I could say that this change was due to the desire to broaden my dietary horizons, but alas, it was only because we ran out of dried cranberries and the raisins were the first thing I could find.

I also forgot salad dressing today, and took some from the office fridge. It was in a bottle that looked like it would be right at home in a health food store, and I didn't use that much of it (it was the boss's dressing bottle lol).

I have a large to-do list to take care of before Monday, so I might not post much in the next few days. Or maybe I'll post more because of procrastination, who knows :P

Right, I said something the other day about modifying my goals...

Coffee: same

Hydration: same

Large salad: won't be able to make one on May 7, 8, 9, and 10 most likely.

Lumosity: same, I think

Mindfulness: DO THIS A LOT MORE

New goal: go for a walk every day. This is mainly because I won't be able to work out.

New goal: CRAM FOR THESIS!

I had a bunch of other shit in mind, but I forgot what it was and, honestly, it would probably have been too much anyway. Apparently surgical healing takes a lot of energy?

• Like 5

I should probably update. Leaving for the surgery trip tomorrow. Packing whirlwind, remembering piles of things that I forgot to do, etc. Cat decided to throw up on my bed also -_-

Screwed up my challenge goals on Saturday again. It's becoming a thing with the Saturdays lol. This time some of the fails carried over to Sunday, too (Raindrops and mindfulness) because I was really freaking tired all day. This was due to going to bed late combined with a 6 AM cat attack -_-

I've been taking pics of the daily salad here and there, but I've missed a few days and now I forgot what salad picture was taken on what day. Oh well. I'll picture-dump them on here at some point.

I haven't done anything, but I haven't been failing any of my goals too terribly, so...yay?

Back to packing. The next update will probably be made from a hotel room!

• Like 4

Omg Omg Omg I can't believe the day is here already!  Thinking nothing but the best thoughts for you, Nax.  For a great outcome and a speedy recovery.  So excited on your behalf!  Wooot!!!

• Like 1

(______ <\-/> ______)     Faille | Level 3 Elf Ranger/Druid

/_.-=-.\| " |/.-=-._\     [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx78%--]
    /_   \(o_o)/    _\      STR 4.75 | DEX 7.75 | STA 8.75 | CON 11.5 | WIS 15.25 | CHA 8.75
     /_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
Current Challenge | #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
        /((( )))\           My Battle Log
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

Whole 30 Progress - Complete!!  1/5/2015 - 2/3/2015 -  Meal Plan

Comic Con Countdown - Goal 155 lbs, 7 to go
0%
0%

Omg Omg Omg I can't believe the day is here already!  Thinking nothing but the best thoughts for you, Nax.  For a great outcome and a speedy recovery.  So excited on your behalf!  Wooot!!!

Good luck.

Good luck, Nax! Hope everything goes well!

*binges on salad pics*

Best of luck for surgery! Waiting here for your triumphant return, and wishing you the speediest and smoothest of recoveries :)

Thanks everyone! It's all done, and went very well. Recovery went even better (I think?) than I thought it was going to go: the little bit of nausea lasted all of 5 seconds, the pain isn't tooo bad (is this the Percocet talking?) and I never even had to sleep after waking up from the anasthesia...which is a bit weird, actually. It's midnight and...I'm not even sleepy? WTF o_O I'll mention it at the follow-up appointment tomorrow.

The salads goal is not going to happen this week I think. I did get a prefab one at Whole Foods, though, as well as a juice with fresh green everything.

Going into the OR was relatively stress-free. As soon as I got in I was like "OMG it's cold o_O" and then was given a blanket. A warm blanket. The nurse said that they had just put it in the dryer. It was like a perfect replica of that wonderful "fuck this, I'm going back to bed" feeling I often get on some mornings where I almost end up being late for work.

Now let's see if I can sleep...

• Like 3

I expect the tiredness will come all at once soon (if you're not already out cold) and you'll be able to sleep. Don't be surprised if you drag your feet tomorrow, I've found the day after surgery can be the toughest one, but after that you should be golden! 

I forget, you going to try and come to ECCE?

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

I expect the tiredness will come all at once soon (if you're not already out cold) and you'll be able to sleep. Don't be surprised if you drag your feet tomorrow, I've found the day after surgery can be the toughest one, but after that you should be golden! 

I forget, you going to try and come to ECCE?

Not even. I woke up at 6 AM this morning and had a really hard time getting back to sleep. I think I got about 8h total? I woke up again at 8:30 and wasn't able to sleep again. Now I'm just waiting for dad to get up so we can go get coffee XD

Speaking of coffee, I had zero coffees yesterday and never got a headache. I was not as addicted as I thought!

Yes to ECCE! If I'm not well enough to drive, I have friends who'll also be going with me who can do the driving :) I just hope I can whip up a decent cosplay by then.

Going to try not having the painkillers today. The last one I took was yesterday at 10 PM and it's been almost 12 hours, and I feel okay, pain-wise. The staff said that the procedure went really well. I can't wait to see the results!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, about ECCE. I can bring you those books that I mentioned a few months ago. They're perfectly good and most of them unread, but I just don't see myself having the time to read any of them in the future :(

• Like 2

:D :D Awesome that the recovery seems to be going well. Is it too early to ask how it feels?

Physically my chest feels a bit tender and sore, but nothing too terrible. I've stopped using the painkillers, so this is as "bad" as the pain is going to get. Noooo problem. Moving my arms is a bit iffy, though, and I have to do things like open doors with my feet, and putting on shirts and socks is...complicated. As long as I can wipe my own ass, though, all it good!

I just got back from the follow-up appointment, and the nurse said that everything looked great. There's a lot of bruising and a few puckery/uneven spots, but those will go away gradually. I also got some anti-scarring gel (122$ + tax eeeek!) for when the tape and sponge grafts come off in two weeks. They also had a skin rejuvenation facial cream there that I really wanted, but it was 300$. I did not get that one. Yet. (Seriously, though, I can see the acquisition of this youth cream being a part of the next challenge, considering how the whole money and rejuvenation thing totally jive with Balem Abrasax's character traits.)

As for how I'm feeling emotionally: great! I saw myself in the mirror with a flat chest for the first time at the follow-up appointment, but not long enough for it to fully sink in. I was definitely happy, though, and I absolutely cannot wait to see how it will look as the healing progresses.

• Like 4

EDIT: I forgot to mention, about ECCE. I can bring you those books that I mentioned a few months ago. They're perfectly good and most of them unread, but I just don't see myself having the time to read any of them in the future :(

ME LIKE BOOKS!!!! <g> In fact I'm a bit like Cookie Monster when it comes to books...

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

The only catch is that you'll have to haul them from my car to your vendor table, because I won't be able to lift anything lol.

Ugh, there's been a lot of restaurants in the last few days, and not any exercise. I'm starting to get scared :| I'll go walk on the treadmill in the fitness room or something.

• Like 2