Naxius

The only catch is that you'll have to haul them from my car to your vendor table, because I won't be able to lift anything lol. Deal kiddo!

Ugh, there's been a lot of restaurants in the last few days, and not any exercise. I'm starting to get scared :| I'll go walk on the treadmill in the fitness room or something.  Please don't over do it, these are special circumstances so cut yourself so slack ok?  

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

ME LIKE BOOKS!!!! <g> In fact I'm a bit like Cookie Monster when it comes to books...

I identify with this on a heartfelt level. Whoops, there goes another one...

The only catch is that you'll have to haul them from my car to your vendor table, because I won't be able to lift anything lol.

Ugh, there's been a lot of restaurants in the last few days, and not any exercise. I'm starting to get scared :| I'll go walk on the treadmill in the fitness room or something.

Agreed with Petefeet - recovering is priority 1, but a good walk will probably do some good, if it's not causing too much pain or anything.

• Like 1

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Got home one day early! We made the drive back in one day instead of two. Extra recovery day before work, woooo! Needless to say, I blew the "no more than one coffee per day" last night and had a small coffee at 11 PM, but it was better than spending 100+ on hotel and breakfast fees.

Only did 35 mins of walking on the treadmill last time. I want to go for a walk right now, but the weather is being stupid and will not settle on either "rain" or "nice and sunny", and I don't want to go out for like 1h and get poured on, because some parts of the bandages are not allowed to get soaked x_X

They did say at the clinic that I was allowed to go for walks, as long as I don't get my heart rate up :) It's pretty much the only exercise I can do for the next 2 weeks.

• Like 2

Glad to see that you made it home early kiddo!!!

Good to hear that you're allowed to go walking, it will burn off some of that energy that I know you're full of! <g>.

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Just caught up. Glad to hear it went so well! Be sure to listen to yourself and rest when you can. It makes a big difference in the amount of scarring.

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

So glad everything went well!

Take care, and enjoy your walks!:D

From the North, I am. Grammar applys here not.

Forest Elven Lightstalker Lv. 3

“Little by little, one travels farâ€.― J.R.R. Tolkien.

42%
42%

% of Available Sparklepoints Collected, Current Challenge

<p>

Agreed with Petefeet - recovering is priority 1, but a good walk will probably do some good, if it's not causing too much pain or anything.

Glad to hear you are healing and things went well. Take it easy.

Just caught up. Glad to hear it went so well! Be sure to listen to yourself and rest when you can. It makes a big difference in the amount of scarring.

So glad everything went well!

Take care, and enjoy your walks! :D

Thanks for the positivity everyone.

I went for a walk through the park yesterday, for about an hour. It's the perfect time of the year where it isn't too hot yet, and when nature isn't yet ruined by mosquitoes. I took pictures, which I will post later.

I was hoping to go for a walk downtown today, but the weather is shitty. Not being able to walk in the rain is bullshit (I can't exactly hold an umbrella for a long time right now either.) The only option is to drive to GoodLife to use a treadmill, but...meh.

I also have 4 days left to make a cosplay.

• Like 1

Thanks for the positivity everyone.

I went for a walk through the park yesterday, for about an hour. It's the perfect time of the year where it isn't too hot yet, and when nature isn't yet ruined by mosquitoes. I took pictures, which I will post later.  Yesterday was just beautiful wasn't it! <g>

I was hoping to go for a walk downtown today, but the weather is shitty. Not being able to walk in the rain is bullshit (I can't exactly hold an umbrella for a long time right now either.) The only option is to drive to GoodLife to use a treadmill, but...meh. I hear you, had to walk in the rain this afternoon.

I also have 4 days left to make a cosplay.  What will I be seeing you as kiddo?

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

If all goes well, I'll be there as Loki (the Agent of Asgard version) ...the dressed down version of that costume, anyway. I'm just now starting to realize the impossibility of getting it done in so little time. It's not that it's impossible in general, just that my current limitations are kicking me in the face. Things like not being able to put on a shirt (or costume) unless it buttons or zips up, not being able to sand Worbla (or anything, really) etc.

It's going to look kind of ghetto lol.

I need to go shopping for a shirt and pants that I probably won't be able to find anywhere, too ;\ Maybe I can do the shopping and walking at the same time. Yesterday I did my daily walk while I went to go buy paint at the craft store.

• Like 2

FFS. I probably won't even manage to finish the one part of the cosplay I wanted to complete. What happened to the days where I used to pull all-nighters? Now as soon as 10 PM hits, I'm too tired to do anything.

Also, cutting foam is now near impossible since I can barely use my arms. My heavy-duty scissors got moved and nobody knows where they are, and basically fuck everything. I have a hot-wire tool for cutting foam, but it makes everything smell like toxic burnt foam and I'll probably have to use it tomorrow instead of tonight...which means that I won't have time to paint the piece that I wanted to finish.

I kind of regret adding the coffee goal this challenge X( There's a RedBull in the fridge, and if I took that, RIGHT NOW, I'd probably have enough juice left to finish all the foam cutting tonight.

Oh well. I can always paint my prop at 6 AM the morning of the con? :|

• Like 2

Congrats on getting through surgery - you must be one tough cookie! :)

Hope the soreness fades very soon! 

Your cosplay skills sound awesome - are you gonna post pics?

• Like 1

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Yes!

We love pictures of you!

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Yes!

We love pictures of you!

This was taken today (May 16, 2015) the two most handsome dudes at ECCE (East Coast Comic Expo, well... one handsome dude and me!

Naxius and Petefeet

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Looking good!

• Like 1

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Stopping by to say hi and I hope you're feeling well.

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Whatever shape you show up will be perfect I'm sure kiddo, can't wait for ECCE!

Thanks for the pic! Unfortunately, I had no costume :( I have the crown for AoA Loki almost made (all the pieces are cut and I just need to Worbla them together) but then one of the horns broke on the way to ECCE and I was like "ugh, fuck this" when I got to the hotel. I was seriously going to try finishing it at the last minute. Buuuut I got tired instead.

My friends and I lucked out and were assigned the "family" hotel room. It had two children's beds and one big bed.

WY5uCB8l.jpg

^ Damn right I took this one.

Congrats on getting through surgery - you must be one tough cookie! :)

Hope the soreness fades very soon! 

Yes!

We love pictures of you!

:( Sucks that the recovery is stopping you from making cosplay. That must be so frustrating!

We expect to hear about ECCE anyway, and pics are requested strongly.

Aside from the pic that Petefeet just posted, not many pics of me were taken. I'll definitely post a pic of the new Loki crown I'm making, though, as soon as it's been put together. I might even take the pic with it on my head XD

Yay! And be gentle with yourself while you're recovering. :)

Stopping by to say hi and I hope you're feeling well.

The recovery is going well indeed :) There was essentially no soreness after day one, if that. I just need to be careful with adding certain movements to my exercise routine, which is practically nonexistent right now.

I got some of the bandages/grafts taken off today, and the doctor said everything looked A+ in terms of symmetry, healing, etc. So the surgeon I went to did a great job :) Yay to everything? Not quite. The doctor's face when I mentioned that "oh yeah, I was back at work the Monday after--I was even able to drive!" was something like o_O And then came the mention that I'd probably go back to the gym next Monday to start some light cardio and lower-body exercises...

Apparently that's a bad idea -_- But fuck, what the hell am I supposed to do for a full 6 weeks? I can already see less definition in my abs, which is bothering me a lot, and this is after just two weeks. How chunky will I get after 6 weeks? I understand that I need to be careful, but if everything's healed wonderfully so far, surely the activities I've already been doing (walking, carefully lifting objects that aren't heavy) won't harm anything?

He did say that using the stationary bike without using my arms might be okay, though, so long as I keep my hands together and don't swing them at all. So I'll be steepling my hands like an evil villain while using a stationary bike. Go go hand control!

Speaking of the hand control portion of the challenge, I've been picking at my face a LOT less lately. This started to happen after the surgery, mainly because I couldn't raise my hands to my face (as expected) but...I still haven't begun to pick at my face again. It even looks like my skin has cleared up! Sure, I'll (very lightly) pick or scratch at my face whenever I have an itch or there's a pimple that can be easily scratched off, but the picking seems to no longer be constant and obsessive. I hope this lasts.

The Lumosity and Mindfulness parts of this challenge sort of fell by the wayside until today. Ever stop doing a thing and then forger to start again? This is pretty much what happened to these two goals, meaning that they'll probably stick around for the next challenge. I'm rocking the coffee and water goals, though. Two habits in one challenge! I'm generally doing well with the salads, but didn't have one today. Traveling also makes the salad goal more difficult.

It just dawned on me that my thesis defense is probably in less than 10 days and the intro to finance class I signed up for on Coursera starts on June 1st. So much for free time lol

• Like 3

Great progress!

As far as has work, you can lie down and do leg lifts - the slower the better - and end up with some killer definition. No arms work at all. :)

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

P. S. Loved that kid bed.

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin