Naxius

I just showered for the first time since May 7th and it was wonderful. I am also out of the heavy gauze bandages and need to go get more. I have no clue what to ask for at the pharmacy. This should go over well.

Also, mom is an enabler and said I should try that new wine she bought because it's really good. And then oops, there's a goblet in my hand. Look at that. Stopping at one, though.

I need to do some PowerPoints for my thesis defense (still no date yet) but I just don't care right now. I will be eating those words within 7 days, I'm sure. I should probably re-read my thesis, now that I think of it. I sort of purged it from my mind the moment I submitted it. I just hope all the grad school stuff is said and done before June 1st.

I forget why I was posting. Probably just to type misc. nonsense.

• Like 1

Great progress!

As far as has work, you can lie down and do leg lifts - the slower the better - and end up with some killer definition. No arms work at all. :)

I thought about those, or the thing where you balance on your butt and do sit-ups without your upper body or legs touching the ground.

There's also pistol squats, but it's been a while since I've done them and now I'm afraid to lose my balance and then put my arms out to catch myself x_x

• Like 1

I forget why I was posting. Probably just to type misc. nonsense.

1. There should be a first aid isle at the pharmacy with lots of options to choose from, it shouldn't be an issue for you.

2. The last time I had a drink with my mother (thank god I didn't inherit those low tolerance genes) I heard about the night I was conceived, now I drink to forgot that memory!

3. If I had know it had been so long since you've showered buddy, I might not have stood so close to you for the picture! (Kidding)

4. Yeah, as much as it will pain you, rereading your thesis is the smart move.

Chat you soon, thanks again for the books! First beer is on me at Hal-con!

• Like 2

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

2. The last time I had a drink with my mother (thank god I didn't inherit those low tolerance genes) I heard about the night I was conceived, now I drink to forgot that memory!

My parents love to tell me that story, too.  /shudder

NAX.  OMG.  You are so freakin awesome and you are my hero this challenge.  Look at all the shit you've accomplished.  Best of luck with your thesis.  And please listen to your doctor.. 6 weeks and maybe some softy abs is going to be so much more worth potentially over doing it and ruining your awesome results forever!  Think about the long term.  Besides, this will give you more time to focus on your salads and lumosity, because you won't be spending it in the gym  :pirate:

• Like 2

(______ <\-/> ______)     Faille | Level 3 Elf Ranger/Druid

/_.-=-.\| " |/.-=-._\     [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx78%--]
    /_   \(o_o)/    _\      STR 4.75 | DEX 7.75 | STA 8.75 | CON 11.5 | WIS 15.25 | CHA 8.75
     /_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
Current Challenge | #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
        /((( )))\           My Battle Log
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

Whole 30 Progress - Complete!!  1/5/2015 - 2/3/2015 -  Meal Plan

Comic Con Countdown - Goal 155 lbs, 7 to go
0%
0%

1. There should be a first aid isle at the pharmacy with lots of options to choose from, it shouldn't be an issue for you.

3. If I had know it had been so long since you've showered buddy, I might not have stood so close to you for the picture! (Kidding)

4. Yeah, as much as it will pain you, rereading your thesis is the smart move.

Chat you soon, thanks again for the books! First beer is on me at Hal-con!

1. I went, but the biggest fluffy gauze/abdominal pads that had were only 10" long. I got a few, but I'm not sure they'll work :\

2. Wow. Brutal. When mom and I drink, it's usually arguments about things like who farted or something. Or mom doing goofy dances. I also miss playing DDO while intoxicated lol.

3. Was still able to bathe and apply unholy amounts of deodorant, so all was good B)

4. Went over the thesis last night and wrote down potential questions that the examining committee might ask. Now I have to be able to answer all these qu0estions :\

And beer? Yes to beer! And no problem for the books. Thanks for the free space on my shelves ;)

You are awesome!

My parents love to tell me that story, too.  /shudder

NAX.  OMG.  You are so freakin awesome and you are my hero this challenge.  Look at all the shit you've accomplished.  Best of luck with your thesis.  And please listen to your doctor.. 6 weeks and maybe some softy abs is going to be so much more worth potentially over doing it and ruining your awesome results forever!  Think about the long term.  Besides, this will give you more time to focus on your salads and lumosity, because you won't be spending it in the gym  :pirate:

LOL, am I the only one who never had that talk with my parents?

And hooray! I try to be awesome, although the last few days have been sucky for Lumosity and mindfulness. For salads also, but...instead of a salad during the last few days I had a pile of vegetables instead, and now I'm wondering if I should still count it as a win for that day anyway. The original goal was specific to massive salads, so I'm not sure. I'll probably extend this to vegetables in the next challenge. The whole point of the salads was to get more vegetables into my diet to begin with.

I almost don't want coffee at work anymore, which is...let's just say it's something I never thought I would say or think. I also want to drink water all the time now. Double win! Except for Saturdays. Saturdays still turn into alcohol days too frequently.

I spoke with my trainer and mentioned that I couldn't do anything involving chest/arms. He said that he could likely customize my workouts to be low-impact and arms-free. I'll probably keep the cardio at a medium level also. Will post how it went later, along with a full challenge report.

I'm sort of glad that there's a two week break between challenges, since thesis defense tasks will probably take over my life during that time. Oh, and that Intro to Finance course I signed up for on Coursera is also starting on June 1.

BBL.

• Like 3

Totally rocked this challenge!

So wonderful to see and thanks for sharing your journey.

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

• Like 1

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIT GUYS. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE EVER DONE AN ACTUAL END-OF-CHALLENGE REPORT!

The goals were:

1.1 - Cut down on coffee: 91%
1.2 - Hydrate: 88%
1.3 - BIG-ASS SALAD: 70%
2.1 - Basic financial literacy: N/A (soon!)
2.2 - Number cruncher: 53%
3.1 - Five minutes of mindfulness: 42%
3.2 - Hand control: in the end, pass...FOR NOW!
3.3 - Epic fingernails: fucking WIN!

^ This thing that I wrote in the original post at the very beginning to recap my goals came in very handy to minimize report efforts. Copypasta ftw!

To elaborate...

1.1 - Cut down on coffee: 91%

I have never gotten a score above 90 ever during NF challenges. I also thought that coffee was my life blood. Problem moments were a) Saturdays, and B) early gym days where I have a coffee right when I wake up (helloooo, 5 AM!) and then want another one during breakfast after I'm done working out. It was a fail during the challenge, but now, a day after, I did the early workout thing and am having a decaf with breakfast.

NEW HABIT UNLOCKED! Or lack of an old habit? Having a lot less coffee will also save me a lot of money in the long-run, because I'm assuming that my workplaces will not always have on-tap coffee, and I no longer want to pay for it, especially since I now feel like I don't need it that much anymore.

1.2 - Hydrate: 88%

Totally a pass. Again, problems were Saturdays. I think I also failed this mostly when work was mad busy and I didn't have time to drink enough water at work.

New habit mostly unlocked, especially since I'm having less coffee--I need to be drinking something ;P

1.3 - BIG-ASS SALAD: 70%

New habit mostly unlocked here also. Weekends and traveling usually screwed me on this goal, however. There were also several times where I had a pile of vegetables instead of an actual salad, which I didn't count (if I had, the grade would have been 76%). Had it not been for the surgery, this would likely have been a lot higher.

I'll keep something like this goal around for the next challenge, mainly because I feel like the habit is almost here to stay, but enough slacking will break it. I don't want that to happen, especially since I need to heal and can't work out lol. Maybe the next one will involve all vegetables, or even *gasp* cooking.

2.1 - Basic financial literacy: N/A (soon!)

This course starts on June 1st. Will be too busy until then cramming for thesis defense. Knew this was coming ;P

2.2 - Number cruncher: 53%

Better than usual! Even though the grade for this isn't very good, I did start to develop one thing: not caring. It's like the math anxiety is slowly going away just because I forced myself to play Raindrops as much as possible. I need to continue doing this. NOT HAVING GRADE ANXIETY ALSO MAKES IT SO I CAN GET LESS-THAN-STELLAR GRADES ON SOME PARTS OF THIS CHALLENGE AND NOT FEEL LIKE SHIT, which is a big plus considering that I used to freak right on out whenever I didn't get 100% on a test. If I don't have this perfectionism and fear of failure bullshit holding me back when I do things, I should be able to go through life a lot more easily. Steve's articles on the NF blog also helped out with getting over the fear of failure, a lot.

This goal was going wonderfully until I left town for a few days, then I just...stopped. D'oh! Will likely keep it for the next round.

3.1 - Five minutes of mindfulness: 42%

Well...it was better than the last challenge? This will be staying for challenge 41. Again, I was doing okay with this

3.2 - Hand control: in the end, pass...FOR NOW!

I was doing terrible at this until the surgery. Then I wasn't able to raise my arms for a while and could not pick at my face. After that I still did not pick at my face (also because long fingernails makes face-picking a bit terrible). I totally want to keep going with this, because it's a terrible habit that I want to break.

Instead of picking, I generally just look at my fingernails now, and pick at them so they're clean. Double win.

I didn't do much of the Mudra/hand yoga stuff that I mentioned in the original post, but oh well. I can still do them next time. It'll be like hand control, lvl 2!

3.3 - Epic fingernails: fucking WIN!

Not a single one broke. I even had to trim them a few times because they were getting too long, and when they get too long they bend at the same spot all the time and end up breaking. I've even been told a few times that my nails looked terrifying.

Excellent B)

I should probably mention that I've been rocking the long-ish nails ever since I was like 8 so I have ample practice, but still. The other thing to keep in mind is that I mainly want epic fingernails because 1) well, epic fingernails, and 2) so I can have a more legit Balem Abrasax cosplay. Character-wise, Balem dislikes effort and is rather useless at things like fighting and physical tasks, hence why he can have the long fingernails and not break them--he never does anything. Balem also has like 50,000+ years of life experience, compared to my 32. So I managed to also get epic fingernails while I still doing things like lifting barbells, handling 45lb plates, and doing workouts and stuff, all without breaking any nails.  Expectations exceeded!

This makes me wonder, though: how the fuck does he maintain shredded abs if he doesn't do shit? Whatever technology or genetic manipulation it is, I want it.

• Like 5

Congrats!

You did great this time and had a great development the last months...

If you now copy past it into the druids report thread you will be the #1 this challenge...

Wanna give it a try?

• Like 2

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

Super work Nax!

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

• Like 1

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

:D Well done Naxius!

From the North, I am. Grammar applys here not.

Forest Elven Lightstalker Lv. 3

“Little by little, one travels farâ€.― J.R.R. Tolkien.

42%
42%

% of Available Sparklepoints Collected, Current Challenge

<p>