Our.Lady.Of.Ashes: Apprentice Dragonriding

WEEK IN REVIEW

Goal 1: Eat Like You Mean It
I spent the week trying to get up to 1500 calories without resorting to eating junk. Seeing as I didn't get even close most days. I got 2/7 which is terrible. I also went back and had MFP recalculate my goal. It's now down to 1460, which I will still struggle with getting if I'm not more diligent. D

Goal 2: Strength for the Ride
0/3 This was the worst week for my motivation. I did nothing toward this goal except for a little tiny bit and it makes me feel horrible. I can do better. I know I can do better. F

Goal 3: Trust Your Body
5/7 Not bad. Left wrist is giving me twinges though so I have to watch how hard I work at this to keep from ending up injured and one handed. That would be a horrible thing to have to deal with especially since I would lose what progress I've made, which may not be much, but it's progress. A-

Goal 4: Endurance Tested
Ran around the block 6/7 times this week. My best time is 3:17. I really feel like only getting 3-4 minutes of exercise isn't actually helping and that's all it takes to run around the block. I'm seriously considering switching to the Zombies, Run app and using that to try and get not only more time in but more distance, make it tax my body a little harder. A

Life Quest: I put in 6/10 proposals this week, so not the best week there either. I just didn't budget any time to do it and it takes a while to find a job I'm interested in and then to put in the proposal. C

So for the week given how dismal some of my grades are, I give it a solid C. It could have been way better, but it also could have been worse. I've just got to cultivate some discipline or this goal is never going to be reached. 

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Stats: STR 8 DEX 7 CON 7.9 STA 10 WIS 8 CHA 7.9

Daily Battle Log

1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th  | 7th Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

It sounds like we're about at the same place with handstands :) I can walk up a wall and hold it, but I can't push off or kick up or any of that yet. Someday! Practicing every day sounds like a good start. 

Do you do any wrist stretches before you practice handstands? 

Level 8 Asura Warrior

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 [10]

It sounds like we're about at the same place with handstands :) I can walk up a wall and hold it, but I can't push off or kick up or any of that yet. Someday! Practicing every day sounds like a good start. 

Do you do any wrist stretches before you practice handstands? 

No, but I probably should. It would make the chance of injury lower. 

So I have no idea exactly what I ate yesterday. I logged into MFP but I didn't input anything cause I had a space cadet day. Either way, it probably wasn't good. I don't remember eating a lot and dinner was a cobbled together bit of something because I haven't been grocery shopping for myself and things have just been weird. I should do that today, go grocery shopping. 

I also didn't do any of my other goals. It was just an all around loser of a day. My routine was off because I got up late and things just weren't falling into place. I did get my yoga in before my shower though, so that was something. 

Gotta get back on a routine and get some dedication to get to my goals. That's my goal for today. Eat better. Work out. Be awesome.

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

Gotta get back on a routine and get some dedication to get to my goals. That's my goal for today. Eat better. Work out. Be awesome.

You are already awesome! Be kind to yourself, you'll accomplish so much more :)

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Can't post my eating yet for today. But I did 3:46 seconds on my run around the block. I did more walking than I normally do, but I did it, so that's all that matters. My five minutes of handstand practice were abysmal. I just don't feel strong enough to do anything right now and I'm so discouraged by the whole challenge. Nothing I do seems to be making any progress, least of all my weight loss. Even though I try to eat healthy and I try to exercise, I'm not seeing any results. I guess I'm just not trying hard enough  I'll just have to keep trying because I will only see the progress if I stick to it.

I fixed this for you.

You are already awesome! Be kind to yourself, you'll accomplish so much more :)

and this /\ 

Maybe you need to make your routine more automated... y''know, prepare your bat cave and all.  Sleep in your walking gear so you'll do it right away... or roll everything together.  As long as you've gone for a walk, you might as well spend the 5 minutes on hand stands, or do the workout using your walk as a warm up.  Then you only have to motivate yourself once, instead of three times.   You could also try adding another block to your walk if the distance isn't enough.  maybe you just need to shake it up a bit.  

You can do this and you are not alone.

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Maybe you need to make your routine more automated... y''know, prepare your bat cave and all.  Sleep in your walking gear so you'll do it right away... or roll everything together.  As long as you've gone for a walk, you might as well spend the 5 minutes on hand stands, or do the workout using your walk as a warm up.  Then you only have to motivate yourself once, instead of three times.   You could also try adding another block to your walk if the distance isn't enough.  maybe you just need to shake it up a bit.  

You can do this and you are not alone.

I'm pretty good about getting the walking/running done. I have a harder time getting myself to workout though I managed it today by getting up early enough to have time to do all of it before work. Getting my handstand work in hasn't been that hard. I'm just having a hard time working out. Mostly because I'm discouraged because I'm not seeing any real progress.

Breakfast: Coffee with rice milk, green tea

Lunch: Sicilian sub sandwich, cashews, banana, peanut butter cookie larabar

Dinner: Khalessi (black tea latte), tea

1200 calories < 1500 calories

3 Rounds of the BBWW. I got it done today! Go me!

20/20/20 squats. 3/3/3 push ups. 20/20/20 lunges. 20/20/20 dumbbell rows. 30/30/30 planks. 60/50/35 jumping jacks.

5 minutes of handstand practice. Still can't get off the wall.

Today was the first day of trying something new. Interval training using the Zombies, Run app. I made it 11 minutes before the pain got too bad. Now the goal is to make it through the 24 minutes of the whole run. 

• Like 1

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

I'm pretty good about getting the walking/running done. I have a harder time getting myself to workout though I managed it today by getting up early enough to have time to do all of it before work. Getting my handstand work in hasn't been that hard. I'm just having a hard time working out. Mostly because I'm discouraged because I'm not seeing any real progress.

Breakfast: Coffee with rice milk, green tea

Lunch: Sicilian sub sandwich, cashews, banana, peanut butter cookie larabar

Dinner: Khalessi (black tea latte), tea

1200 calories < 1500 calories

3 Rounds of the BBWW. I got it done today! Go me!

20/20/20 squats. 3/3/3 push ups. 20/20/20 lunges. 20/20/20 dumbbell rows. 30/30/30 planks. 60/50/35 jumping jacks.

5 minutes of handstand practice. Still can't get off the wall.

Today was the first day of trying something new. Interval training using the Zombies, Run app. I made it 11 minutes before the pain got too bad. Now the goal is to make it through the 24 minutes of the whole run. 

Woohoo! Sounds like it's been pretty tough for you with the motivation, awesome that you got all three rounds done today! 

It's rotten when you don't feel like you're progressing, it does completely sap your enthusiasm. It might give you a boost if you push for holding your BBWW planks for longer, maybe to failure on the last round, and tracking your progress with a paper chart. I bet you'll see that improving, especially with all the ab work involved in your handstand practice!

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

I definitely have an easier time working out first thing in the morning. It's just so hard (for me) to get up early enough to have time before work. Anyway I think you're doing great :) And it's only week 2, so plenty of time to get better with the things you're not quite there on.

Level 8 Asura Warrior

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 [10]

I definitely have an easier time working out first thing in the morning. It's just so hard (for me) to get up early enough to have time before work. Anyway I think you're doing great :) And it's only week 2, so plenty of time to get better with the things you're not quite there on.

If I work out first thing in the morning, I don't have to find time to do it later when everything else is pressing in on me and needs to be done like immediately.

Breakfast: Coffee with rice milk, coffee (plain)

Lunch: Peanut Butter cookie larabar, cashews, coffee, 3 double stuf oreos. 

Dinner: Chai, mild Italian sausage, pear

1201 calories < 1460 calories

Off Day.

Goal 3: Trust your Body

Held the handstand a little longer, still not able to flex my feet off the wall.

I've changed this to a three times a week goal. 3 attempts at the interval training a week, so today was an off day. 

• Like 1

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

Got closer today. 1300 calories < 1460 calories

Breakfast: Coffee with Rice Milk

Lunch: Peanut Butter Cookie larabar, Italian sausage, Roasted seaweed snacks, sweet potato, coffee with rice milk

Dinner: Honey roasted peanuts, chai, 

Didn't do this today. Planning on doing it tomorrow.

Skipped a day.

So I tried the Zombies, Run interval training again today. I'm thinking I'm not at a level where I'm good enough for it yet. So plan 3 for this goal is C25K, which I will do on Saturday to try and get a feel for it and find out if I like it better. 

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

Zombies Run has a 5K training app a lot like C25K... If you are interesting in the zombies maybe you should give that a try.  

Great job getting your workouts done!

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Zombies Run has a 5K training app a lot like C25K... If you are interesting in the zombies maybe you should give that a try.  

Great job getting your workouts done!

Awesomesauce! Just what I need. Zombies, Run! is one of my favorite apps. To have it be closer to my level would be fantastic.

• Like 1

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

Somewhere in the past four weeks or so, I've lost 9 lbs. This is a good thing. I now weigh in at 150. Go me!

And I ran around the block for the first time. All the way from door to door.

• Like 4

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

Breakfast: Coffee with rice milk

Snack: Coffee with almond milk, Almonds

Lunch: Spinach and lunch meat scramble with bell peppers and cheese. Pear. Coffee with rice milk

Snack: 30oz water after workout

Dinner: Grits with cheese and bacon

1354 Calories < 1500 Calories

Goal 2: Strength for the Ride.

20/20/20 squats. 3/5/3 push ups. 20/20/20 lunges. 20/20/20 dumbbell rows. 45/30/30 planks. 50/50/50 jumping jacks. 

Got all three rounds done so that's two for this week.

5 minutes of handstand practice down.

Ran all the way around the block. Didn't time it, but I now know I can do it. Time to improve.

• Like 2

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

Breakfast: [iHOP] Chicken Fajita Omelette. 3 Buttermilk pancakes, coffee

Lunch: Bratwurst with Bun

Dinner: Half a bratwurst, hamburger with cheese.

Snack: Tea, brownie

1900 calories > 1460 calories. I had a whooper of a day. There was barbecue. I ate like a fat kid. 

Off Day

Got five minutes done without much trouble. Think I might be tweaking my back a little bit though.

Ran the first of the missions for Z5K. It was the same first mission as Zombies, Run! but it was actually kinda nice to do again. It's been a long time since I did it last time.

• Like 2

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

Breakfast: Coffee with rice milk

Lunch: [Fuddrucker's] Southwest burger, sweet potato fries, water

Snack: Coffee with Rice milk

Dinner: [Dairy Queen] Salted Caramel Truffle Blizzard [There's 1000 calories in a medium!]

1939 calories < 1460 calories

Didn't have time to get it in today.

Didn't have time for this either.

Ran yesterday.

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

Week in Review

I went over my calorie allowance of 1500 on 2 days. I ate like a fat kid all weekend which probably wiped out whatever deficiet I had accrued throughout the week. Oh well, I'll see the evidence when I get to weigh in day. That means I only get a pass for 2/7, cause all the other days I'm falling too short of the 1460 goal. D

Did much better in this for this week. 2/3 Not bad at all. B

4/7 So I got a B on this as well. Can do better. Probably should. Maybe I should have incorporated more rest days into this part of my challenge. 

I changed up this goal for this week by adding 5k training to the mix instead of running around the block. I got 3/3 runs in. I'm now using the Zombies, Run 5k training program because I've settled on something and that's important.

LifeQuest: 0/10 Totally did not make time for this during the week so it was a total fail.

Overall B for the week. There is room for improvement as there always is, but I'm making progress on all of my goals a little bit at a time. Just have to keep plugging away. Oh and I should say again, this was the week I found out I lost 9 lbs. I weigh 150 now.

• Like 1

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

Mmmmmm, Fuddruckers.

Another place added to my list of vacation eats.  The local one to me closed down right after we moved here.

Yeah, Fuddruckers is one of our after church spots. Awesome burgers.

• Like 1

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

Yay for the Zombies 5K training.  I hope you like it.  I just started week 3 this week.  

Congrats on that 9 pounds!  I bet that feels great . Keep up the work on your goals.  

Spoiler

Okay...so I'm totally failing at my eating goal which is to get up to 1460 calories a day (modified from 1500). I can't seem to even get close without going over. Therefore, in order to not have a total fail at this goal over the next several weeks, it is getting a tweak. I only get a pass if I get over a 1000 calories but if I stay below 1460.  I I recalculate my first two weeks using that metric, then I get passes for a lot more days, but I won't go back and recalculate, this is going to be what happens starting in week 3. 

Breakfast: Coffee

Lunch: 2 Bratwurst, 6 strawberries, coffee with almond/coconut milk

Snack: Almonds

Dinner: 2 Sirloin patties, 1 slice of cheese, tea. 

1416 calories < 1460 calories

Set up for tomorrow.

Didn't get this in today. Will do better tomorrow.

Week 1, workout 1 of Z5K. So I walk/ran for 30 minutes.

Today was a good day, overall. Tried to get some work done on my lifequest but I couldn't find anything I wanted to put a proposal in for. Will search again tomorrow. Ate well. Did a little bit of working out. Got some writing done. All over, good day. 

• Like 1

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

I like the tweak on your eating goal.  That will keep you from being encouraged to eat junk just to meet the calorie goal, which is really what the point was from your earlier posts.  Hopefully this will work out for you.  

• Like 1

Spoiler

Okay...so I'm totally failing at my eating goal which is to get up to 1460 calories a day (modified from 1500). I can't seem to even get close without going over. Therefore, in order to not have a total fail at this goal over the next several weeks, it is getting a tweak. I only get a pass if I get over a 1000 calories but if I stay below 1460.  I I recalculate my first two weeks using that metric, then I get passes for a lot more days, but I won't go back and recalculate, this is going to be what happens starting in week 3. 

It's good to adjust things. I like cooking; let me know what foods tend to push you over the limit and I can try to work out a recipe for a lower calorie version!

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].