Liberator goes Hot and Heavy: Challenge #11

Liberator

Gratitude :)

I am grateful for a good talk with an former college professor.

I am grateful for a friend's help with my upcoming observation.

I am grateful for a really nice understanding boss.

I am grateful for a clean house.

I am grateful for brussel sprouts. I love them! I really like bitter green vegetables; Brussel sprouts, asparagus, artichokes, broccoli... yummy!

I am grateful for a friend to go to Mumford and Sons concert in June!

I am grateful for the upcoming summer break! No awesome plans to go to Chicago yet. I am hoping something will happen. I would love to take an art class somewhere.

I am grateful for Toronto to give me a big city "fix". Love that it is so close and there is so much to do there.

(weight: 155 lbs in the AM; seems to be going the right direction :) )

• Like 1

I wanted to thank you for bringing gratitude statements to my attention.

Did them one challenge, and dropped it, but your challenges remind me of them every time.

So I decided to pick them up again.

Thank you for that, and the smiles you cause  :)

Thank you for writing this! It made my week! :)

• Like 1

I am grateful for hope. I went to an autism lecture that was really good and gave me lots of reasons to believe in healing and reassurances in the approach I am taking with my son.

I am grateful for lovely sunshine and outdoor play.

I am grateful for time at the gym.

I went to the gym after the lecture and spent 30 minutes in the sauna. I forgot to pack my sneakers so I couldn't lift. I would like to go back tomorrow and lift and get back in the sauna. I am really enjoying the sauna time.

I also did some yoga, twisting poses and spine work. I feel like I need to keep the detox going and keep working on flushing the body.

My weight gathers around my waist and it is really hard to get rid of even with limiting calories. Wondering if detox is what my body is craving and needing to remove that layer of built up fat.

Well regardless, I am going by what feels good... following my bliss...

Sauna: 30 mins. 5/12 :)

Lifting: 1/12

I am grateful for another gorgeous morning.

I am grateful for J awaking me up this morning asking for an apple (he is non-verbal so that's a big deal!).

I am grateful for the harmony in my home. J does some unusual things and we have all learned to handled things calmly and with lightheartness.

I am grateful for a garden full of bulbs. They are so beautiful and require so little effort. So easy and bright and lovely.

I am grateful for awesome NF friends who keep me inspired and motivated to keep working and enjoying fitness. It is great to have your support! I have been on NF almost a year and a half and if I didn't have NF to share progress and ideas with I would not fitness as a part of my daily thoughts and interests. Thanks!

• Like 1

It was such a beautiful morning I went for a run in the park. Just five 30 sec. sprints with some rest in between. It feels to be outside enjoying the park.

I threw a bunch of stuff out today too! I need to declutter for spring. It always makes me feel good to have less stuff.

• Like 1

I am grateful for hope. I went to an autism lecture that was really good and gave me lots of reasons to believe in healing and reassurances in the approach I am taking with my son.

Loving this! :love_heart:

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Gratitude: :)

I am grateful for another nice day at work with good and helpful students and co-workers.

I am grateful for my mother helping watch O during his half day.

I am grateful for my body letting me know too many cookies are not good for me. 

I am grateful for cooperative children. My kids are just really nice people. :)

I got to the gym today.

Only had 30 minutes so I did 30 min in the sauna. I like lifting, however I am on a sauna kick right now so I am going for it. :)

I have noticed my skin is super soft with all the sauna use. I also dry brush my skin each morning which also helps the skin. So I am having very happy skin! I can't wait to go back for more! If I leave school by 2:45 I can get 30 mins in the sauna be for dinner.

I have been eating a lot of veggies lately too! I love brussel sprouts, broccoli and kale. :)

Sauna: 6/12 :) (halfway to goal!)

Lifting:  1/12

• Like 1

I am grateful for a good student teacher to help me finish and focus on things.

I am grateful for a great friend who helps me and knows my strentghs.

I am grateful for a few quiet moments this morning.

I am grateful for the sauna time. I am enjoying it greatly and feel it helping me. It may sound strange be it seems to be helping my digestion. I am eager for J & O to try out the sauna too. I think it could help both of them.

I am grateful for life's possiblities. So many interesting things to do and try! I wish I could try a few more professions and lifestyles. I am happy with my life, there are other areas I would enjoy learning about.

I am grateful for a helpful family, taking care of O while I have conference days.

Next Sauna day to look forward to... Thursday. I think I am going to get a babysitter for Saturday so I can go then too. Maybe even lift too! Friday is the trip to Toronto to see OneRepublic! Hooray!

Once I get done with my observation and AP test, life will be smooth sailing until the end of the school year.

Hoping something fun will happen for the summer. Right now I have very little planned for summer.

I am grateful to get two more work days to finish my grades.

I am grateful my pre-observation meeting went well.

I am grateful for O's hustle and being on the ball with getting himself ready for school, lessons, scouts, etc.

I had a candy bar (Mounds) and felt a skin reaction and stratchy throat. The better and cleaner I eat the most I notice when I eat something my body doesn't like. 

I would love some sauna time today, however must wait one more day.

What is heat training exactly?  I tried to go in the sauna once when I used my parent's gym.  It was very overwhelming for me and I felt dizzy kind of like you are describing.  Is it something you "train" yourself to tolerate?  What are the benefits?

(______ <\-/> ______)     Faille | Level 3 Elf Ranger/Druid

/_.-=-.\| " |/.-=-._\     [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx78%--]
    /_   \(o_o)/    _\      STR 4.75 | DEX 7.75 | STA 8.75 | CON 11.5 | WIS 15.25 | CHA 8.75
     /_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
Current Challenge | #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
        /((( )))\           My Battle Log
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

Whole 30 Progress - Complete!!  1/5/2015 - 2/3/2015 -  Meal Plan

Comic Con Countdown - Goal 155 lbs, 7 to go
0%
0%

What is heat training exactly?  I tried to go in the sauna once when I used my parent's gym.  It was very overwhelming for me and I felt dizzy kind of like you are describing.  Is it something you "train" yourself to tolerate?  What are the benefits?

Well, you train your body to handle the heat of a sauna. You start with whatever you can tolerate and slowly increase time sitting in the sauna.

The benefits are increase of growth hormone; improve endurance; help increase muscle mass; help with brain function and chemistry; improved circulation; improved skin; improved insulin sensitivity, improved sleep, feel good and relaxation... lots of really good stuff!

I got to go to the sauna for 30 minutes today and 10 minutes in the hot tub. 

Sauna: 7/12 :)

Lifting: 1/12 :(

Ok I am basically just going for the sauna over the lifting. I am really interested on the effects of the sauna.

• Like 1

Hmmm... No sauna available, but there's a hot tub by the pool. Maybe I should try it; I might not feel so beat up all the time. :tongue:

Go for it, Barfly! :P

I love it!

Gratitude:  :)

I am grateful for an awesome trip to Toronto and a fun concert with O. It was his first rock concert! I think the light show impressed him the most.

I am grateful for easy travel to and through TO and easy parking and O got a free cake pop at Starbucks! 

I am grateful for the quickest bordercrossings ever! I had empty lanes at the tolls and easygoing borderofficers! 

I am grateful for TO! Love that city! Love Chicago too! and York, England... ok, Buffalo I love you too! 

I am grateful for Buffalo, great old homes with lots of character, no real traffic issues (you can get anywhere in about twenty minutes) and everyone is connected by one degree of separation. 

Well, you train your body to handle the heat of a sauna. You start with whatever you can tolerate and slowly increase time sitting in the sauna.

The benefits are increase of growth hormone; improve endurance; help increase muscle mass; help with brain function and chemistry; improved circulation; improved skin; improved insulin sensitivity, improved sleep, feel good and relaxation... lots of really good stuff!

Interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(______ <\-/> ______)     Faille | Level 3 Elf Ranger/Druid

/_.-=-.\| " |/.-=-._\     [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx78%--]
    /_   \(o_o)/    _\      STR 4.75 | DEX 7.75 | STA 8.75 | CON 11.5 | WIS 15.25 | CHA 8.75
     /_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
Current Challenge | #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
        /((( )))\           My Battle Log
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

Whole 30 Progress - Complete!!  1/5/2015 - 2/3/2015 -  Meal Plan

Comic Con Countdown - Goal 155 lbs, 7 to go
0%
0%